Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

fivegears4reverse posted:

So I just back from trying out Rayman Legends at a Gamestop. Game looks amazing. A shame that the gamepad is basically the least comfortable controller I have held that isn't some sort of third party monstrosity. Maybe if I could spend more than 15 minutes with it I could get used to it? At this point I feel I should avoid playing games that require it. The 3ds and the XL are uncomfortable enough for me to hold after an hour or so. I can't see myself wanting the gamepad for extended play sessions.
This is what worries me the most, but then I'd probably just put a pillow on my lap with the pad on top of it or something. I'd hate to have to hold it while playing a game for more than an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Did the kiosk have several demos you could try? I'd love to sample zombiu.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Whoever brought up pricing, the average price of a new game in australia averages about $100-110 for a home console (though most retailers sell new xbox or PS3 games for about $80-90 nowadays) and about $60-70 for a portable console title. In the UK it's about the equivalent of $60, hence why most of us import whenever possible. It's to the point that a few companies are releasing "ANZ Editions" (Sleeping Dogs and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, that I know of) with several small DLC packs tossed in to try and encourage local purchases. I wouldn't trust GAME as the benchmark on EU pricing either, as they've always been overpriced - their business model's built on second-hand trade-in discounts. :eng101:

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bobnumerotres posted:

Did the kiosk have several demos you could try? I'd love to sample zombiu.

The kiosk only had Rayman playable. Everything else was a video. I am not sure if that is how it is at every store, or if multiple demos are enabled elsewhere.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The kiosk only had Rayman playable. Everything else was a video. I am not sure if that is how it is at every store, or if multiple demos are enabled elsewhere.

That's an odd choice, given Rayman Legends was pushed off of the launch list and back to 2013. I guess they just had the demo ready and ran with it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/10/nintendo-reveals-baffling-solution-for-wii-us-in-game-chat/?comments=1#comments-bar

The whole mic story is on Ars Technica now in a pretty negative article. This will probably make the tech blogs/podcasts tomorrow as well. I think that's good news because Nintendo theoretically might have to address it or clarify their remarks. And maybe Kotaku can say what they mean when they talked to "a Nintendo rep" and why is this gospel when it's one of Gawker's worst blogs?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's an odd choice, given Rayman Legends was pushed off of the launch list and back to 2013. I guess they just had the demo ready and ran with it.

It's actually the first kiosk besides the Vita that's actually shipped with stuff built on the internal storage instead of having to wait for a marketing person to drop off a demo disk or whatever. They're probably going to have a disk with demos/full game disk for I'd think at least Mario. A surprising amount of the games it's launching with are rated M for a Nintendo system so that's probably having an effect also (it's not like the Gamecube games where FuncoLand would just pop in the Resident Evil 4 preview disk and let you go to town).

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's probably the best choice they could have done. The level I played on the demo was a mad dash over a castle rampart/bridge thing with lots of stuff flying all over the screen. The music was like a mix of rock and heavy medal and some happier sounding stuff, and it was all timed to stuff happening in the game, so it sounded as awesome as it looked. Combined with the kiosk screen, it's a great intro to the new system. Everyone I saw trying it had a big ol' smile on their face. I don't think I've seen anyone look that happy playing a Mario game or a Zelda game in years.

I don't think it NEEDS to be said, but I'll say it anyway: Rayman Legends is a beautiful game. I don't dig the Wii U gamepad at all, but this game to me will be the best platformer on the system assuming they don't force the touchscreen gimmick poo poo to a stupid degree.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's probably the best choice they could have done. The level I played on the demo was a mad dash over a castle rampart/bridge thing with lots of stuff flying all over the screen. The music was like a mix of rock and heavy medal and some happier sounding stuff, and it was all timed to stuff happening in the game, so it sounded as awesome as it looked. Combined with the kiosk screen, it's a great intro to the new system. Everyone I saw trying it had a big ol' smile on their face. I don't think I've seen anyone look that happy playing a Mario game or a Zelda game in years.

I don't think it NEEDS to be said, but I'll say it anyway: Rayman Legends is a beautiful game. I don't dig the Wii U gamepad at all, but this game to me will be the best platformer on the system assuming they don't force the touchscreen gimmick poo poo to a stupid degree.

I'm seriously looking forward to Rayman Legends too. From what I've seen, the touchscreen stuff, like in NSMB WiiU, is mainly for 5-man multiplayer.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

greatn posted:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/10/nintendo-reveals-baffling-solution-for-wii-us-in-game-chat/?comments=1#comments-bar

The whole mic story is on Ars Technica now in a pretty negative article. This will probably make the tech blogs/podcasts tomorrow as well. I think that's good news because Nintendo theoretically might have to address it or clarify their remarks. And maybe Kotaku can say what they mean when they talked to "a Nintendo rep" and why is this gospel when it's one of Gawker's worst blogs?

Yeah, people need to make a big stink about this. I mean the mic already being built-in to the controller and having OS-based voice chat being bullshit all this time is just ridiculous. If it's true I have no hope for whatever the miiverse online is.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

greatn posted:

This might be off but I'm wondering if I could just plug my xbox headset right into the gamepad? It goes into an audio jack, has a mic. No reason that wouldn't work right?
Looking at my 360 controller (assuming you meant 360 rather than the original) it looks like it uses a 2.5mm jack, while I think the gamepad uses a 3.5mm jack. If you have a cellphone headset+mic from the last few years it should work, although the later iPhone ones with volume control (as opposed to the single clicker) might not.

edit: Another Need for Speed Most Wanted sighting:
http://www.fnintendo.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13478:worten-lista-most-wanted-para-a-wii-u&catid=224:wii-u&Itemid=336

japtor fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Oct 19, 2012

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Whoever brought up pricing, the average price of a new game in australia averages about $100-110 for a home console (though most retailers sell new xbox or PS3 games for about $80-90 nowadays) and about $60-70 for a portable console title. In the UK it's about the equivalent of $60, hence why most of us import whenever possible. It's to the point that a few companies are releasing "ANZ Editions" (Sleeping Dogs and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, that I know of) with several small DLC packs tossed in to try and encourage local purchases. I wouldn't trust GAME as the benchmark on EU pricing either, as they've always been overpriced - their business model's built on second-hand trade-in discounts. :eng101:

Isn't the Australian minimum wage like $16 dollars an hour? I lost sympathy for them when I found that out, considering that's over 2x the US's federal required minimum wage and I barely made more than $16 an hour at my last job with a college degree. This gets brought up in so many threads and there are a lot of factors people don't consider.

I don't think this mic "news" bothers me too much. Chances are the mic on the gamepad was going to be poo poo anyways and the last thing I want to do is play with people using a mic inches away from fingers potentially making noise. I had always assumed it was for in game purposes only, kind of like teaching your animals tricks in Nintendogs or something.

I'm taking those articles, especially one originating from kotaku with a grain of salt. I like how the article claims there are no wireless headset options when a google search shows one compatible for Wii U which was already linked in the thread. Yes they are pricey, but that's not the point...point is that it is possible and i'm sure there will be more affordable options. If you can't do a basic search before making a claim saying no wireless headsets are available and may never be, then it's probably not the only piece of bad information.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bobnumerotres posted:

Yeah, people need to make a big stink about this. I mean the mic already being built-in to the controller and having OS-based voice chat being bullshit all this time is just ridiculous. If it's true I have no hope for whatever the miiverse online is.

While I really don't want to be the guy to poo poo on Nintendo at this point, but it seems like they're dropping the ball yet again.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

japtor posted:

Looking at my 360 controller (assuming you meant 360 rather than the original) it looks like it uses a 2.5mm jack, while I think the gamepad uses a 3.5mm jack. If you have a cellphone headset+mic from the last few years it should work, although the later iPhone ones with volume control (as opposed to the single clicker) might not.

edit: Another Need for Speed Most Wanted sighting:
http://www.fnintendo.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13478:worten-lista-most-wanted-para-a-wii-u&catid=224:wii-u&Itemid=336

Huh, I didn't even know headphone jacks came in different sizes

Every one seems to be making a deal of the headphone jack thing, but I think the bigger deal is the supposed lack of a unified chat system. That's one of the best xbox live features, which ps3 can't do because it doesn't have enough ram. But we know WiiU has plenty. I play mostly single player games prettily, but use voice chat a lot to talk to my friend who's also playing whatever. It's great not to have to be playing the same thing, or even anything at all.

Luckily that's something I think if people complained enough could be in a system update. I know Nintendo says they are all for giving developers freedom instead of having a unified system on voice chat, achievements, etc, but I kind of feel that's similar to my freedom as an american to go buy whatever health insurance I want. I'd rather have a standard "sdk" and system with universal rules like (insert country here).

I don't care if the built in mic works though, I probably wouldn't want to use it, I imagine I'd get spit all over the gamepad.

greatn fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 19, 2012

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

katkillad2 posted:

Isn't the Australian minimum wage like $16 dollars an hour?

I don't know if there's a mandated minimum wage, since jobs are separated into different categories and it gets confusing. It's a derail and better suited for elsewhere, but the short version is that it's really loving expensive to live here.

quote:

I like how the article claims there are no wireless headset options when a google search shows one compatible for Wii U which was already linked in the thread.

If you look at what Nintendo (not third parties) are talking about it's all wired. While I guess big 360 multiplayer people are used to plugging their mics into the controller, you can't plug the wired mic into the new xbox-like controller to play blops2. You can't use the mic on the gamepad for multiplayer.

Firing up the internet outrage seems a little premature but you're not going to drive traffic to your site by saying you just don't know anything yet.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mailer posted:

I don't know if there's a mandated minimum wage, since jobs are separated into different categories and it gets confusing. It's a derail and better suited for elsewhere, but the short version is that it's really loving expensive to live here.

Most non-skilled (eg retail, fast food, etc.) jobs start at $7.15 in the US. So maybe your poo poo's more expensive, but you probably have decent healthcare and make over twice as much for poo poo jobs, so you really shouldn't bitch.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

Most non-skilled (eg retail, fast food, etc.) jobs start at $7.15 in the US. So maybe your poo poo's more expensive, but you probably have decent healthcare and make over twice as much for poo poo jobs, so you really shouldn't bitch.

On the other hand, minimum wage here in Ontario is $10.25, we have decent healthcare, and our new video games still cost about $60-$70.

Maybe he should be able to bitch about his exhorbitantly-priced video games, and you should bitch more to your State/Federal representatives about your abysmal health care and minimum wage.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 19, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

So the gamestop at my school took down the Wii display no one was playing, but no WiiU kiosk yet. I asked and they said they received it but didn't have the staff to build it today (one person behind the counter all day followed by a replacement for the night.)

Sucks. At least the nearly month-early kiosks will completely kill the idea that it's just a controller, and it is in fact a new console.

Nintendo really needs to clear up this online stuff though.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Bobnumerotres posted:

So the gamestop at my school took down the Wii display no one was playing, but no WiiU kiosk yet. I asked and they said they received it but didn't have the staff to build it today (one person behind the counter all day followed by a replacement for the night.)

Sucks. At least the nearly month-early kiosks will completely kill the idea that it's just a controller, and it is in fact a new console.

Nintendo really needs to clear up this online stuff though.

There's a Gamestop at your school?

That's hosed up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

There's a Gamestop at your school?

That's hosed up.

Universities are for profit and partying. Hand to God I get weird looks when I tell people I'm not in any frats or clubs and get asked why I go.

American education, everybody.

EDIT: And this isn't some backwoods shittown. This is Miami, full of young minds. I get asked this by people going to my loving school.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 19, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
For anyone interested in NG3's changes, this is probably the most detailed rundown of them I've seen:
http://www.2d-x.com/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-for-wii-u-jusr-keeps-getting-better/

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn

Bobnumerotres posted:

Universities are for profit and partying. Hand to God I get weird looks when I tell people I'm not in any frats or clubs and get asked why I go.

EDIT: And this isn't some backwoods shittown. This is Miami, full of young minds. I get asked this by people going to my loving school.

Sup FIU goon :(:hf::(

Really excited about the future Monolith Soft Wii U game. I was just thinking yesterday that if they made anything even remotely close to Xenogears, they could implement the GamePad and make pretty much the best JRPG ever. Maybe even better than Xenoblade. Woohoo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

japtor posted:

For anyone interested in NG3's changes, this is probably the most detailed rundown of them I've seen:
http://www.2d-x.com/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-for-wii-u-jusr-keeps-getting-better/

It really sounds like they've totally redone the game and taken criticism to heart, but just because of the name I don't think anyone's getting it, except the die-hards.

quote:

Sup FIU goon
Hey guy, how is paying almost a thousand per lovely class going? :(

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Feast of Burden posted:

Sup FIU goon :(:hf::(

Really excited about the future Monolith Soft Wii U game. I was just thinking yesterday that if they made anything even remotely close to Xenogears, they could implement the GamePad and make pretty much the best JRPG ever. Maybe even better than Xenoblade. Woohoo.
Honestly, as pretty as Xenoblade is on Wii, the thought of getting Monolith on an HD console with all the graphical bells and whistles... I'm expecting good things. Also from Retro: the Metroid Prime games hold up a lot better than most Xbox games.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retro needs to reveal what they're working on. I am excited for that poo poo. They're a company that spins gold.

Please be working on Mario Kart Wii U. The track selection on 7 isn't that wonderful but the balance and online is.

Star Fox comes in at a very close second.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's the blue she'll situation in MK7 and do you think Nintendo will be blue shelling it in MK8? Come to think of it, if Mario Kart let you turn on/off certain items like Smash Bros that would be pretty cool.

Rake Arms
Sep 15, 2007

It's just not the same without widescreen.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Retro needs to reveal what they're working on. I am excited for that poo poo. They're a company that spins gold.

Please be working on Mario Kart Wii U. The track selection on 7 isn't that wonderful but the balance and online is.

Star Fox comes in at a very close second.

There was a rumor not too long ago that Retro is designing a high-performance game engine and working with third parties to customize it for specific genres. No word on if they're actually making a game of their own to go with it.

If it's true, then I'd be happy if they at least contribute to the tech in Zelda U.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

greatn posted:

What's the blue she'll situation in MK7 and do you think Nintendo will be blue shelling it in MK8? Come to think of it, if Mario Kart let you turn on/off certain items like Smash Bros that would be pretty cool.

I agree they should allow people to choose which items are in play. I personally like the blue shell so I never want it completely removed.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Well it certainty isn't like that here at FIT. Some people are too busy with their degrees to do frats. Not that our frats suck or anything.
Anyway, I decided to get on the gamestop waiting list when picking up the new pokemon game a few weeks ago. I realized it was one hell of a long shot, but it's free so why not?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

In Mario Kart Wii they had settings for the items ranging from mostly shrooms or mostly chaos, and in MK7 they let you restrict items when setting up a lobby. I doubt they'll ever give you control over every item individually, it could happen- but not in single player or anything.

This is a nice little surprise too:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rake Arms posted:

There was a rumor not too long ago that Retro is designing a high-performance game engine and working with third parties to customize it for specific genres. No word on if they're actually making a game of their own to go with it.

If it's true, then I'd be happy if they at least contribute to the tech in Zelda U.

Given that that rumour also suggested that Cliffy B loved their tech so much he decided to bring UE4 to Wii U, I'm gonna go ahead and write it off as fan wank.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Hey, rest of Europe. What do your WiiU launch prices look like, with retailers being able to set their prices freely? Has there been any outrage or headlines?

I'm in Sweden and this past week I went thinking real hard about getting one at launch because I like new stuff, I'm bored and for medical reasons stuck in a sit down/lie down life until next spring so I started looking around and..

Standard: $299 US / €299 / 3495 SEK
Big box: $349 US / €349 / 3999 SEK (approx $606 US , €466 :lol:)

You don't want to know how much they want for the ZombiU bundle.

e: and my memory kinda tells me PS3 and 360 all came in at a 1:10 conversion, ie something resembling a fair price, and the receipt for my Wii tells me this is typical and should be expected from Nintendo goods..

And I can't seem to google it - Can you get wired internet (ethernet) into it through a USB adapter, like with the Wii?

e: Wait, ZombiU bundle is £325 in the UK?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 19, 2012

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I agree they should allow people to choose which items are in play. I personally like the blue shell so I never want it completely removed.
Depends on how it's implemented. In MK 64 it travels along the ground and you can stop it from hitting you if you managed to put 2nd place in between you and it, and you can also break and drop briefly into second so it targets someone else. In MKDS (the most recent MK I've played) the shell flies above all the other participants and then explodes when it hits the leader. At best you can get 2nd or 3rd place to share the pain, but that usually just means 4th, 5th, and 6th rocket ahead of you.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

MrLonghair posted:

Hey, rest of Europe. What do your WiiU launch prices look like, with retailers being able to set their prices freely? Has there been any outrage or headlines?

I'm in Sweden and this past week I went thinking real hard about getting one at launch because I like new stuff, I'm bored and for medical reasons stuck in a sit down/lie down life until next spring so I started looking around and..

Standard: $299 US / €299 / 3495 SEK
Big box: $349 US / €349 / 3999 SEK (approx $606 US , €466 :lol:)

You don't want to know how much they want for the ZombiU bundle.

Danish goon here. One of the cheapest sites I know (since I haven't seen a real store come with a price yet) has these prices:
Regular: 2799 Kroner. That's about 490 dollars, or 375 euros
Premium: 3299 kroner. 576.5 dollars or approx. 442 euros.
And just for poo poo and giggles:
ZombiU bundle: 3699 kroner, or about 646.5 dollars 496 euros.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MrLonghair posted:

e: Wait, ZombiU bundle is £325 in the UK?

Managed to snag mine for £300, assuming Zavvi honour their 'pay the price you ordered it at' thing. However their track record with sending me stuff I've pre-ordered is pretty bad.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Managed to snag mine for £300, assuming Zavvi honour their 'pay the price you ordered it at' thing. However their track record with sending me stuff I've pre-ordered is pretty bad.

Zavvi's track record for sending me stuff I've ordered, pre or not is pretty bad. Took them like a month to send me the Galactica Blu-Rays I ordered earlier this year.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Took Zavvi about a month for them to ship me Last Story and Pandora's Tower earlier this year though I wrote that off as international shipping.

Damned if they weren't a steal though. About $60 each for both of them as Limited Editions and only €1 per item international shipping.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chaltab posted:

Honestly, as pretty as Xenoblade is on Wii, the thought of getting Monolith on an HD console with all the graphical bells and whistles... I'm expecting good things. Also from Retro: the Metroid Prime games hold up a lot better than most Xbox games.

Considering how well Xenoblade looked on the Dolphin Emulator, I'm really hoping that will carry over to playing Wii games on the WiiU. I'd love to play my copy in (relative) HD.

FPzero posted:

Took Zavvi about a month for them to ship me Last Story and Pandora's Tower earlier this year though I wrote that off as international shipping.

Damned if they weren't a steal though. About $60 each for both of them as Limited Editions and only €1 per item international shipping.

I got both of these as well when they first came out. Just missed out on the Xenoblade special edition with the red gamepad though. The Last Story is wonderful (if a little short by JRPG standards, especially if you just came off Xenoblade), but Pandora's Tower is merely... okay. It's not outright bad, but could be better.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Mailer posted:

Firing up the internet outrage seems a little premature but you're not going to drive traffic to your site by saying you just don't know anything yet.

Precisely why it's shameless at best and damaging at worst to even run a story. This is example #27274656473928483 of why Kotaku needs to be jettisoned into outer space or at the least sent sent into the sun. Non-news, especially in this day and age of blogs that are desperate to write 100 words about something someone else said without bothering to fact check or research, has become so prevalent as to be blood-boiling.

I will never claim to be a proper journalist, because I haven't earned that degree nor do I aspire to that position and the weight it carries as a moral imperative to readers, but even knowing what I know about the system, I'm still on board. Nintendo will be under more pressure than ever this gen to appease third parties. I would expect plenty to change over the months and years after launch.

It's pretty clear -- especially after hearing and seeing what the next systems are going to be attempting next gen -- that what Nintendo is going for is, well, Nintendo stuff. If there's a discrepancy big enough, they'll evolve.

Also, wired mics are stupid, but what Microsoft did right was to include one that was tethered to the controller and stick one in every box. It has made all, the difference for them, even if I abhor talking to most people online -- especially on Live.

SamBishop fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well I managed to get to a Gamestop that had a WiiU kiosk, and it had Rayman Legends as its demo. It was pretty fun, the included Murphy level less so. I can safely say that the music levels are the replacements for the Tricky Treasure levels, cause they play out in almost the same way.

The gamepad was kind of awkward to handle. The thing is pretty wide, so it took some getting used to. The pad felt kind of heavy, but that's mainly because it was attached to a pretty thick tether. The rest of it felt pretty light, about as light as a PS3 controller, I'd estimate.

• Locked thread