Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

We got a second cat.

Trophy seems to be pretty cool about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
A-freakin'-mazing.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
PI just jumped the shark.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
That is actually one of the most well made cat costumes I've ever seen. You should post it in the GBS halloween thread, I bet everyone would love it. :3:

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Kerfuffle posted:

That is actually one of the most well made cat costumes I've ever seen. You should post it in the GBS halloween thread, I bet everyone would love it. :3:

Thanks for the tip. Gave credit where it's due in hopes other people pay Funhilde lots of money cause she deserves it. She's that good.

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

Wow, that picture with the ties is pure art. What a great costume!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

El Gar posted:

We got a second cat.

Put a harness on child for authenticity while outside. Also walk cat beside child in matching harness. Go win every single pet look alike contest that happens this time of the year.

Superconsndar posted:

lmao poor frankie

Moses freaks out if he cant find Frankie but he still abuses the hell out of him they have the most abusive relationship

Frankie freaks out if he can't find Moses too so I guess he's into it

Put them on Jerry Springer already, christ.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

El Gar posted:

We got a second cat.

Ahahha, as soon as I saw this all I could mutter was "omgomgomg!"

That is too adorable and amazing.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I hate mice you guys. When one of my rats is sick, old, or injured, the other rats will bring it food, help it reach water, groom it, help it get around, and keep young bouncy rats away from it so it can get peace and quiet. Rats are awesome!

I just had to isolate one of my mice because her daughters turned on her and tried to drive her away/eat her because she had gotten one of her toes hung on some fleece and tore a nail and was bleeding.

Mice are for real the worst animals.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Put them on Jerry Springer already, christ.

"He just gets mad sometimes, ya'll don't KNOW HIM :qq:"

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Whilst my mouse's tumor was growing, she got her face ripped up/bitten twice, even after separation and a careful re-introduction.

Petsitting my buddy's mice is making me really glad I've only got one left. Man, they stink.

Asstro Van
Apr 15, 2007

Always check your blind spots before backing that thang up.
I went out of town for the weekend once and came back to find one fat mouse and a lone tail. They were sisters.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Well, now I don't regret never trying to keep mice. Rats I miss for sure, though.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Well now I'm glad I've never even considered owning mice. I don't think I could deal with an animal whose first instinct seems to be murder and cannibalism (and being stinky).

Rats are really the best, though. Just today I was introducing my newest rat to my two oldest girls and they immediately started grooming together and were curled up sleeping together an hour later. :3:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

The best thing about mice is feeding them to other animals after watching them be horrible and violent and stupid to each other for forever. I think they are the only feeder animals I don't feel bad for feeding off.*

*Some mice are Nice Mice, but it seems like it is so rare.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

El Gar posted:

We got a second cat.

We've gone through the looking glass

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I had a group of mice I kept together briefly, young males that were all related, had grown up together and were totally going to get eaten. It was only for a few days so I figured no big deal. After a few hours watching them they were all huddled in a little mouse nest together so I thought it'd be fine. I didn't really pay attention while I was feeding/watering and when we went to pull them, we found only five! Odd. There were six.

Make that five and a severed head with no lower jaw.

E: The ones I'm currently keeping, the shop is turning up for the males today so they can be fed to the young ball pythons because the males are assholes, so yay, new males today in the hopes they're more docile.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

I had an amusing moment earlier. I had a rat in my hoodie and Lola was snoozing on the couch. Chell suddenly darted out of my hoodie and toward the dog, which spooked Lola. As she was rising I told her to stay and she just froze completely, looking at me in horror, as this tiny little rat sniffed her back leg and tail and then ran back to me.

When I released Lola she wouldn't come back on the couch for a few minutes because what if the rat came to eat her again??

:downs:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I had a group of mice I kept together briefly, young males that were all related, had grown up together and were totally going to get eaten. It was only for a few days so I figured no big deal. After a few hours watching them they were all huddled in a little mouse nest together so I thought it'd be fine. I didn't really pay attention while I was feeding/watering and when we went to pull them, we found only five! Odd. There were six.

Make that five and a severed head with no lower jaw.

E: The ones I'm currently keeping, the shop is turning up for the males today so they can be fed to the young ball pythons because the males are assholes, so yay, new males today in the hopes they're more docile.

rear end in a top hat male decided he wasn't cool with a (super docile, super nice, gonna breed him to everything because he is so nice) male he was raised with anymore for no reason and spent all afternoon chewing up his back end while he just tried to get away from him. I wasn't in the room and didn't notice until he'd probably been tormenting him for a few hours.

Guess what this morning you are cat food. Please, try to bully the cat. :frogout:

In all seriousness, the one super docile male I have is super friendly to everything in the world and it'll be cool if he passes that on to his offspring. I can toss him in with anything and he's just like "hi :)" I feel mean for disliking mice for being so territorial because I get that that's natural for them, but just something about it just makes me irrationally dislike them for it. It is a shame because they are pretty and you can do so many fun color and marking things with them that you can't do with rats. I want brindle rats. :(

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!

Superconsndar posted:

I feel mean for disliking mice for being so territorial because I get that that's natural for them, but just something about it just makes me irrationally dislike them for it.

BUT PIT BULLS HATE EACH OTHER TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
But are probably way less stinky. Maybe.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Malalol posted:

BUT PIT BULLS HATE EACH OTHER TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I never said I was rational!!!!!!!

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

Angus is getting a lot better at catching frisbees. He is kind of poo poo at running them down but if I can throw them so they hover well he makes fantastic aerial catches. Too bad if I let him off lead at a disc tournament he'd be headbutting everyone in a mile radius in the face while I waved a disc around and cried.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Superconsndar posted:

Mice are for real the worst animals.
My sister is currently working with mice instead of rats at her lab job.

She misses the rats.

She also hated the guinea pigs because they screamed at her when she came in.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition

Kerfuffle posted:

She also hated the guinea pigs because they screamed at her when she came in.

THE SHEEP WERE SCREAMING CLARICE!

Can guineas be used as feeder animals?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The Big Whoop posted:

THE SHEEP WERE SCREAMING CLARICE!

Anything that eats meat can eat a guinea pig if it's big enough. Including humans. Cavy is a delicacy in a few countries.

:smith: Guinea pig screaming is half the pleasure of owning the little guys. I still miss whipping open a bedroom door and hearing WEE WEE WEE at the top of their tiny little lungs.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I'm sure it's real cute until like 20 or more of them are doing it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I still miss whipping open a bedroom door and hearing WEE WEE WEE at the top of their tiny little lungs.

That's always going to be the main thing I remember about having Guinea Pigs. :3:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Even though the guinea pigs I owned were really hand-shy, I couldn't get enough of the WHEEP WHEEP WHEEP or the really sharp excited whistling sounds that always made it sound like they were out of breath from screaming so much.

The most adorable banshees. :3:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

The Big Whoop posted:

I bought some whole frozen ones from hare-today once for the dogs. They remain, to this day, the one thing my dogs refuse to eat. I felt really bad throwing them out. :(

I've had cuy and loved it and would actually really like to keep a small herd of GP's for meat someday. (I have not deeply considered doing this/researched it at all so I have no idea if it would actually be practical.) I really dislike rabbits and really disliked raising meat rabbits, and I prefer GP's personalities and behavior in general. It seems like it would be a fun project, though I don't know if GP is as versatile a meat as rabbit.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Anything that eats meat can eat a guinea pig if it's big enough. Including humans. Cavy is a delicacy in a few countries.
Of course. From what I understand the meat is a little\ gamey.

Superconsndar posted:

I bought some whole frozen ones from hare-today once for the dogs. They remain, to this day, the one thing my dogs refuse to eat. I felt really bad throwing them out. :(

I've had cuy and loved it and would actually really like to keep a small herd of GP's for meat someday...

I don't think you'd get quite as much meat from them, but they'd probably be lower maintenance.
I'm personally wondering more about the legalities of keeping them as food, being that they're more considered "pets" than livestock.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

From what I understand, Guinea is raised as a food source by people even today!

Also Feldman has a boo boo on his foot. It looks like he got stung or something, and has been chewing/licking at it. The fur's gone from the toe where it is, and it's swollen and red. Taking him to the vet tomorrow. It doesn't really seem to bother him, he let me touch it, but it still makes me super :smith:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I'm so proud of Zoso. He used to be terrified of kids and try to avoid them at all costs, but yesterday he allowed a kid to sit on him (for some reason, this 3 year old just had to sit on Zoso - it was weird) and sat very patiently for a little girl to pet him all over. What a good boy :3:

He also didn't get stressed out being at a crowded festival that had tons of different dogs in it. In fact, he saw the smallest chihuahua ever and fell in love with it. The smaller the dog, the more he wants it for his very own. He also tried to make sweet beagle love to a puggle.

(going in for the hump)

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

So Frankie is a plush at Target.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

A fiend just posted this on FB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqtAL83-qrw

It's a slow motion jump of a vertical palisade (which, iirc, the thing it is jumping over was removed from SCH and replaced with the A-frame because dogs had legs too messed up to jump it).

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Since it was so nice I took Major to hike at the Erie Bluffs. Its a really nice park for reactive dogs because I don't think I've ever seen more than a dozen people there and everyone just wants to enjoy the peace by themselves. We saw a hunter with a gun that I was worried Major would bark at (he generally hates guns and people holding guns) but Maj didn't even look twice before shuffling off to sniff chipmunk paths. We heard a few gunshots in the 2 hours we were hiking but Major wasn't concerned at all. He rolled in some horse poop and walked on the beach and we had a fantastic time enjoying one of the last really nice days of the year.

That would have been enough to brag about but as we were starting to head back to the car a huge male mastiff mix came charging out of the corn fields that border the woods and made a beeline right for Major. His owner was nowhere in sight, of course, and I nearly had a heart attack but they just sniffed butts like normal dogs. Major growled a tiny bit when the mastiff stuck his nose in Maj's ear to really sniff that horse poo but I called Major off and the mastiff's owner finally showed up and called him off and we all went our separate ways.

I'm so proud of my dog. He got ice cream on the way home and I almost feel guilty about giving him a bath. Almost.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Major's such a good boy!

Lola was awesome yesterday. She met a friend of mine, barked quietly at her once (without bothering to drop her ball) and within 3 hours of meeting her, the dog was rolling all over my friend licking her. :3:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
D'aw. :3:

We have this neurotic little puppy at work today. Very sweet, but kinda sep-anxy and when I took him into daycare he DID NOT WANT. He would SCREAM and snap if another dog so much as sniffed him. Obviously I took him out and put him in a kennel. Tried to keep him up behind the desk so he wouldn't get all sep-anxy but he's too demanding and needy and kept bothering everyone, so he's just gonna be miserable while he's here. :(

And then there was the intact beagle who I had to put in a kennel because he would NOT stop humping EVERYONE. But mostly this black lab puppy who was getting fed up with it. Not sure why the hell we even allow intact dogs in daycare.

Should I just make a venting thread? Like the e/n of PI? :suicide:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Skizzles posted:

I am all for this because it would be the most cathartic thread

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Skizzles posted:

D'aw. :3:

We have this neurotic little puppy at work today. Very sweet, but kinda sep-anxy and when I took him into daycare he DID NOT WANT. He would SCREAM and snap if another dog so much as sniffed him. Obviously I took him out and put him in a kennel. Tried to keep him up behind the desk so he wouldn't get all sep-anxy but he's too demanding and needy and kept bothering everyone, so he's just gonna be miserable while he's here. :(

And then there was the intact beagle who I had to put in a kennel because he would NOT stop humping EVERYONE. But mostly this black lab puppy who was getting fed up with it. Not sure why the hell we even allow intact dogs in daycare.

"I don't give a gently caress about your Peke Shih Poodle!-The PI Venting Thread".

But I dunno, random nonsense seems to be good for yelling too.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

The Big Whoop posted:

I'm personally wondering more about the legalities of keeping them as food, being that they're more considered "pets" than livestock.

My raptor-owning friend feeds her birds guinea pigs. There is apparently an avid cavy-showing community in the area that cheerfully give her their culls and retired show-pigs. She lives in a suburban community, and nobody seems to notice or care that she is slaughtering crates full of guinea pigs and sticking them in her freezer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Ugh, god, why do I have to find ads like that on craigslist? I wanna go get that poor mutt, get it all cleaned up and find it the nicest home ever. :(

• Locked thread