Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Fister Roboto posted:

The track for the first part of the flash is called "108 Stars of Density." That's why everyone loves Rufioh and naturally see him as a leader. He's the Tenkai Star. It's him.
Holy poo poo.

E: Radiation claims it's Meenah though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
He was summoned by the server, into a suitable vessel. I guess that implies that whoever made the server (probably the horrorterrors) did so to neutralize him and not help him.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

pumpinglemma posted:

I'm fairly sure the way Damara... changed... has a lot to do with Kurloz. I don't think we've had any in-comic evidence for it yet beyond a hint that it was more than just a bad break-up, but he was the only one of Lord English's followers with any direct influence over the Beforus trolls. It would also fit perfectly with his role of destroying through rage as the Prince, since by the sound of it Damara did quite a lot of damage to their chances (and to them).
I'm placing my bets it was purely spite going out of control. After she flipped when Meenah did that to her, I think everything since then has been full of vengeance, hurt, and desires of escape.

When Aradia assured Meenah that she wasn't Damara, I got a bit of a "and thank goodness for that!" vibe from her, but didn't understand why until now.

Give the girl some credit, though: even she wouldn't touch Ampora.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Lord of Laughton posted:

Also, one thing I noticed after is that all the trolls except Meenah have actual outfits instead of the plain black shirts with symbol the A2 trolls wear. Probably due to the A1 universe being more peaceful, allowing trolls to pay more attention to fashion? It was always a bit of a niche interest in A2.

I think it was inferred in the first MeenahQuest update or one of the Meenah/Aranea conversations that the Condesce, as ruler, basically forced a style that she/Meenah liked on the entire troll race.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Somebody said that in the beta it's possible to get to the end scene as Damara. What happens when you do that?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bobulus posted:

I think it was inferred in the first MeenahQuest update or one of the Meenah/Aranea conversations that the Condesce, as ruler, basically forced a style that she/Meenah liked on the entire troll race.

I thought it was that Hussie actually took the time to give them some distinct clothing as opposed to back in 2010 when he was just drawing some weird gray aliens that everybody is just going to forget about in a month or two.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RandomFerret posted:

Somebody said that in the beta it's possible to get to the end scene as Damara. What happens when you do that?
Couple of new conversations with Dave/Rose/Terezi, and Hussie is in Aranea's booth (everything he says is pretty hilarious).

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

That's where the Andrew Hussie cameo is hidden, and it's extremely extensive. All you have to do is open the door as Kanaya, then go back and be Damara. She has (brief) conversations with everybody in the meteor, including the horn pile room, but the bulk of the content is at the exposition stand.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

You can get as far as the Exposition booth. Hussie is in it instead of Aranea. He will give exposition about all twelve A1 trolls, and it's all author commentary stuff, rather than story stuff. Like, if you ask him about Damara, he talks about how he just threw all her lines into Google Translate to make the Japanese and apologizes to any actual Japanese speakers who try to read it.

Fister Roboto posted:

I thought it was that Hussie actually took the time to give them some distinct clothing as opposed to back in 2010 when he was just drawing some weird gray aliens that everybody is just going to forget about in a month or two.

That might be the real-world reason, but the in-story reason seems to be that the dictator who relied on class feuding to remain in power liked to dress people in clothing that emphasized their class.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Damara-chan~ :allears:

Meenah's still my favorite troll but Damara's a close second, god drat.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Bobulus posted:

You can get as far as the Exposition booth. Hussie is in it instead of Aranea. He will give exposition about all twelve A1 trolls, and it's all author commentary stuff, rather than story stuff. Like, if you ask him about Damara, he talks about how he just threw all her lines into Google Translate to make the Japanese and apologizes to any actual Japanese speakers who try to read it.
Wow, I really missed a lot of stuff. I didn't expect that there would be so much content!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Bobulus posted:

He also suggests that this Damara is the same one as the A2 Handmaid, but that could simply be a matter of "Well it's the same character, just not the same incarnation."

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Bobulus posted:

I think this is a full circle thing... 4chan sends Andrew Hussie a box of dildos (from that website?), Hussie puts dildo in comic as a joke, dildo website buys ad space.

Did that first part actually happen? Did he post about it?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dr Strangepants posted:

This was a while ago. I can't remember if he mentioned it on his formspring or what. It was basically that it happened and he was more amused than weirded out.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bell_ posted:

I'm placing my bets it was purely spite going out of control. After she flipped when Meenah did that to her, I think everything since then has been full of vengeance, hurt, and desires of escape.

When Aradia assured Meenah that she wasn't Damara, I got a bit of a "and thank goodness for that!" vibe from her, but didn't understand why until now.

Give the girl some credit, though: even she wouldn't touch Ampora.

Given what Aranea said about Damara saying "they'd get what they deserve" wrt the Scratch, I'm willing to believe she knew more than she should have about what the Scratch entailed and what its true purpose was. Which is to say, she knew it because she's aligned with Kurloz and English.

Also ya know, the parts of her dialogue where she's talking about how the Lord of Time will eat their loving souls. Lady is straight up evil.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Eiba posted:

Important takeaway point about Horuss:

He cut off Rufioh's head and attached it to a robot horse. And fell in love with it.

What more needs to be said?

I'm so sad we didn't get to see it... I hope there's fanart.

Oh hey that was fast.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wrong kind of hoofbeast. It would obviously have been a robot bull.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Captain Oblivious posted:

Lady is straight up evil.

Unless, of course, she's right. Maybe English's victory really is inevitable and all of reality will be extinguished. Downer ending! :w00t:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Technique posted:

e: Also, i am terrible at image manipulation, and can't figure out how to get Horuss w/Fine Art Sculpture down to a proper avatar resolution while also keeping image quality and, i dunno, transparency. Anyone want to help me out there? :shobon:

If you can post the assets you want to use, I'll do it. I tried looking for them myself, but that didn't lead anywhere good.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
These should be them: (:nws: obviously)

http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~abeinges/sburb/resources/openbound_p3/dialogs/horuss/horuss_horsedick_blur1.png
http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~abeinges/sburb/resources/openbound_p3/dialogs/horuss/horuss_horsedick_blur2.png
http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~abeinges/sburb/resources/openbound_p3/dialogs/horuss/horuss_horsedick_blur3.png

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

If you can post the assets you want to use, I'll do it. I tried looking for them myself, but that didn't lead anywhere good.

I think i managed to make a decent one myself, actually. Turns out Paint.NET is something different from MS Paint! And also easier to use than most other programs.

Now i just need to decide on a quote to go with it. :allears:

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Technique posted:

8=D < A horse trots into a thirst shanty. His muscular shoulders slouched, his noble head hanging low.
8=D < The dairyjerk observes that the great beast is clearly despondent, and asks:
8=======D < Why the long face?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Technique posted:

8=D~~ < I really worked up a good sweat in the process

OR

8=D~~~~ < (That is the sweat dripping from my face.)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Technique posted:

I think i managed to make a decent one myself, actually. Turns out Paint.NET is something different from MS Paint! And also easier to use than most other programs.

Dang it, I just got done too.

Personally I was going to go with "Purveyor of Splendid Classical Sculptures" in large red text, which may or may not have linked to a certain website where one might be able to purchase a twenty four inch plastic horse penis.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 22, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It has been done.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Does Dante Brasco like Equius a lot? Is that where the Rufioh/Horuss relationship comes from?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Dr Christmas posted:

Does Dante Brasco like Equius a lot? Is that where the Rufioh/Horuss relationship comes from?

No, it's just a thing that happens in the story.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Captain Oblivious posted:

Given what Aranea said about Damara saying "they'd get what they deserve" wrt the Scratch, I'm willing to believe she knew more than she should have about what the Scratch entailed and what its true purpose was. Which is to say, she knew it because she's aligned with Kurloz and English.
Yeah, but what would bring her (or Kurloz, for that matter) to align with English in the first place? I could see Ampora jumping ship (nobody likes him, and Eridan intended to join Jack) but all we have from Damara is Meenah needling her about Rufioh until she snapped. And perhaps it's a small thing, but a lot of the ancestors' relationships changed after the scratch, while the Handmaiden opposed the Condesce through sabotage, instigating insurrection and class warfare. While her part was as important as Meenah's in toughening up the trolls for SGRUB, her time magyyks probably assured her that every majestic achievement her hated Empress managed would be obliterated and that her Imperious Condescension would see the death of her empire.

I can only guess in Kurloz's case that his motive would be similar to Meena's herself: in Feferi's realm the role of a Highblood is to serve.

quote:

Also ya know, the parts of her dialogue where she's talking about how the Lord of Time will eat their loving souls. Lady is straight up evil.
That didn't keep me from feeling down for nearly a week last year when we saw how she turned out post-scratch. Even now, her prison only barred by former friends' memories, I think she feels trapped by the ghosty lifestyle. And she doesn't intend to stay that way.

Of course, the big riddle here is how Lord English (or his agents) contacted them in the first place. With English annihilation nigh, that one might never get solved.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Bell_ posted:

Yeah, but what would bring her (or Kurloz, for that matter) to align with English in the first place? I could see Ampora jumping ship (nobody likes him, and Eridan intended to join Jack) but all we have from Damara is Meenah needling her about Rufioh until she snapped. And perhaps it's a small thing, but a lot of the ancestors' relationships changed after the scratch, while the Handmaiden opposed the Condesce through sabotage, instigating insurrection and class warfare. While her part was as important as Meenah's in toughening up the trolls for SGRUB, her time magyyks probably assured her that every majestic achievement her hated Empress managed would be obliterated and that her Imperious Condescension would see the death of her empire.

I may have misunderstood, but I thought the Handmaid's job was to prepare Troll society for the Condesce's rule? The agitation and class warfare was meant to shake the otherwise mostly peaceful Trolls into murder mode.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Maybe, but she had her lusus.

More importantly, Scratch made a huge difference.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ominous thought. What if Rose brewed the potions, and not Gamzee as we had assumed?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Kanaya and Rose are totally gonna fight when Kanaya finds out that Rose has been talking to Gamzee

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Comic posted:

No, it's just a thing that happens in the story.

It was probably based on the "you take my breath away" gag on Rufioh's Rogue of Breath powers (remember how Equius died.)

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Kanaya and Rose are totally gonna fight when Kanaya finds out that Rose has been talking to Gamzee

I could imagine Kanaya getting angry, maybe even violent, but not in a direction towards Rose. I can not see Rose getting mad, but instead weathering the Chainsaw storm and then calmly explaining why exactly they need Gamzee, and how Kanaya needs to calm down, cap her lipstick, and wait.

Maybe MAYBE she will have the opportunity wound him horribly later, once this whole shattering of the infinite nothingness that encompasses our existence fiasco ends.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Bell_ posted:

That didn't keep me from feeling down for nearly a week last year when we saw how she turned out post-scratch. Even now, her prison only barred by former friends' memories, I think she feels trapped by the ghosty lifestyle. And she doesn't intend to stay that way.

Perhaps being nearly crazy with grief and vengeance when she died might have lead to being stuck in a mindset she might otherwise have calmed down from eventually, otherwise. Maybe she, in a parallel of her alternate self's situation, can't actually die unless Lord English comes by to double-kill her, and she sees that as very preferable to living an unchanging, hollow life of a dead vengeful spirit it with a bunch of people stuck in teen drama mode that she can't even kill or meaningfully impact for thousands of years.

(Years of "Nothing I do matters" maybe why she acts the way she does, seeing no need to have a filter and feeling free to be as audacious as humantrolly possible.)

She may not even be working with LE so much as just knowing enough that she'll finally be free of having to listen to Horuss talk about his Equisona once the space pimp comes to visit the crib.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
What's the smooth as gently caress music playing when you walk around as Kanaya?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Dr Strangepants posted:

I think it's 4chan's way of saying "We don't hate you"; offering a gnarled dragon penis-branch of peace, if you will. They did the same to Egoraptor(and if you watched the introduction of Game Grumps/some JonTron shows, you can see the dragon dildo on the shelf at the back of the room).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

What's the smooth as gently caress music playing when you walk around as Kanaya?
Jade Sylph. I love that song. Track 20

edit: I've apparently listened to it 165 times

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Speaking of music, I thought Rose's theme was really good, and was surprised to find it was the second half of this song from Colours and Mayhem. I was so used to the dramatic first half that I kind of forgot the second, more subdued half was even a thing.

(I also forgot how great the track art was.)

It also made Dave's long introspection about him being trapped in the past(as you get this when talking to him with Rose) seem even more of a poignant bummer than it perhaps would have been. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Midnight Raider posted:

Perhaps being nearly crazy with grief and vengeance when she died might have lead to being stuck in a mindset she might otherwise have calmed down from eventually, otherwise. Maybe she, in a parallel of her alternate self's situation, can't actually die unless Lord English comes by to double-kill her, and she sees that as very preferable to living an unchanging, hollow life of a dead vengeful spirit it with a bunch of people stuck in teen drama mode that she can't even kill or meaningfully impact for thousands of years.

(Years of "Nothing I do matters" maybe why she acts the way she does, seeing no need to have a filter and feeling free to be as audacious as humantrolly possible.)

She may not even be working with LE so much as just knowing enough that she'll finally be free of having to listen to Horuss talk about his Equisona once the space pimp comes to visit the crib.

Agreed. Based on what happened to her, Damara seems to be a LE fan simply because he will make her friends suffer. I'm pretty sure that's also why she was so giddy to do the Scratch; she somehow knew most of them would suffer in Alternia (like Kankri going from a blowhard to being troll crucified and Horuss' life being ruined because of it) thanks to LE and Scratch shaping trolls to be heartless monsters. Plus, Damara and co. would be gone for good, so she happily pulled it off as her last big "gently caress YOU" to everyone. She's also pretty nihilistic, so embracing LE seems right up her alley.