Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elysiume posted:

That's a parry.

Uh no, she's watching the fight :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unrelatedly, in re-reading all the Parley and Smitty chapters, I think that Jones' suggestion for the new medium is both of them working together.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
I think Jones might have more in mind for Parley/Smitty than just being mediums.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

YF-23 posted:

e; I may have missed some sarcasm there,

Quite a lot, in fact.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Uh no, she's watching the fight :confused:

Oh god dammit I completely hosed up this joke because I thought her name was Parry not Parley and I just now realized my mistake. gently caress gently caress fuuuuuuuck.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ursine Asylum posted:

I think Jones might have more in mind for Parley/Smitty than just being mediums.
Parley/Smitty better be coming back in some fashion, they're great.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

JT Jag posted:

You mean like in the still to come "main" plotline of investigating Jeanne that they're going to play a part in soon?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Cat Mattress posted:

Jones is not a robot, not Jeanne, not the eye of Odin, not the eye of Horus-Re, not the eye of Coyote, not the eye of Vecna, and probably not the literal eye of any other random person.

She is also not Eglamore. Just so we're clear.

Look at the title of this chapter. "The Stone".

Stone elemental, just like Annie is a fire elemental.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

JT Jag posted:

drat right they are.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Annie: What are you?

After 28 pages of flashback cuts back to present.

Jones: Not telling.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

This chapter may be slow paced so far, but it doesn't feel irrelevant or just hammering the "Jones is old" point so far-this is her life we're seeing, or at least the highlights reel. I'm pretty happy with that, even if we're not getting much information about her abilities/skills/etc just yet. If nothing else, it's certainly pretty to look at.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Battle Pigeon posted:

This chapter may be slow paced so far, but it doesn't feel irrelevant or just hammering the "Jones is old" point so far-this is her life we're seeing, or at least the highlights reel. I'm pretty happy with that, even if we're not getting much information about her abilities/skills/etc just yet. If nothing else, it's certainly pretty to look at.

If we ever start getting Gunnerkrigg Court Technical Manual-type breakdowns of just what each character's Power Level is the comic will be headed down a dark loving path.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If annie is fire and jones is stones, will we see elementals of air, water, and loving magnets?

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

If we ever start getting Gunnerkrigg Court Technical Manual-type breakdowns of just what each character's Power Level is the comic will be headed down a dark loving path.

I meant more moments like where Jones stopped the spear, and countered Eglamore's attack, rather than DBZ-style stuff.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Jones has Abs Of Steel, and she can show you how you can have them too with this short and easy to follow instructional video.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Yonic Symbolism posted:

If annie is fire and jones is stones, will we see elementals of air, water, and loving magnets?

For that matter, if Annie is Fire and Jones is Earth who'd be heart?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

A student posted:

Parley, obviously.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

If there was a magnet elemental it'd totally be Kat, what with the robo-ibis thing

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

A student posted:

Boxbot. Because everyone knows heart is terrible.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

:stare: Holy poo poo, Jones.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
It's new page time.

I know people are thinking this Jones flashback is dragging a bit, but this page is just awesome. It looks really good, and it amuses me that Jones doesn't seem to care that her dress might be about to catch fire.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Well, that confirms that Jones has been around pretty much forever.

Also, drat that's a pretty page. :stare:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well, okay then. :stare:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress that's a gorgeous page.

I think all the people going "next page: we see Jones floating dourly in the void of space" are going to be validated at this rate.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
She's killing time until her fiddling lesson.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If the elapsed time keeps curving up like that then soon we'll hit an era when humanity looked physically different to today.

That'll be telling.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I can't wait to see Jones with an expression other than :geno:, because you just know it'll be a spectacular occasion that causes it.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Jones.

Jones you are on fire. :ohdear:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Matlock Birthmark posted:

It's new page time.

I know people are thinking this Jones flashback is dragging a bit, but this page is just awesome. It looks really good, and it amuses me that Jones doesn't seem to care that her dress might be about to catch fire.

Pretty sure it already has.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
Annie what did you doooooooo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Meowjesty posted:

Jones.

Jones you are on fire. :ohdear:

Jones died in that fire. Now shes a ghost robot.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Surec posted:

Annie what did you doooooooo

Jones is actually watching the side effects of Annie's ancestors having that first fire spirit/human sex.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 24, 2012

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
Jones dress caught fire when she walked too close to a torch that morning. She didn't notice, and went around her business through the day at the market and the senate an other locations through the city...

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Wili posted:

Jones dress caught fire when she walked too close to a torch that morning. She didn't notice, and went around her business through the day at the market and the senate an other locations through the city...

Jones saw no reason to remove the fire for the rest of the day.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Hey, good av material...

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Funny, and I was just thinking that the next page was gonna show Jones in ancient Rome or something just before I saw it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Rome didn't have that many stone/marble buildings when it burnt down :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You gonna trust your history books, or an (wandering) eyewitness account?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Skipped a bit more time than the last few updates, Tom. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Avshalom posted:

gently caress that's a gorgeous page.

I think all the people going "next page: we see Jones floating dourly in the void of space" are going to be validated at this rate.

I made a thing.