Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Save Russian Jews posted:

I like that he immediately thought you were calling him a ho for a really long period of time

You read it backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
nah, i just didn't pick up the original joke because it was late as gently caress (though I'm not sure why there's a "TOUGH GUY" in there)

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Tough guy is a thing Hacksaw calls people.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
well, that explains my disconnect.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Bocc Kob posted:

Tough guy is a thing Hacksaw calls people.

Yeah took me a second too. But seriously, if you tell a girl Hacksaw would love their photo, what else would be implied? Unless he was trying to say "You said it, not me" :tinfoil:

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just put it together when I looked at your picture again.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Wade Barrett posted:

That last link was JDB from The Manic Street Preachers offering to record my theme song. Mind: Blown.

And the interview in question from Q Magazine

quote:

Listen, we've got a stupid question to ask you last...
"Cool!"

Have you seen WWE Wrestler Wade Barrett's tattoo?
"I've heard about Wade Barrett, yes. He's got a Culture, Alienation, Boredom And Despair tattoo hasn't he?"

He certainly has. It's a beautiful tattoo but so incongruous.
"Right well let's just put this out there - if you're listening Wade Barrett we will do your loving theme tune - just get in touch. That would be the ultimate Situationist, bizarrist spectacle wouldn't it? Us being played over the airwaves in some Enormodome in front of 20,000 mad Yanks in Colorado somewhere..."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'd be all about MSP making a theme for Wade.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
That's pretty awesome for Wade.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hopefully the WWE will let him use it, that would really give him something cool and unique.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'd mark like a little bitch if he came out at Wrestlemania to A Design For Life.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

njsykora posted:

I'd mark like a little bitch if he came out at Wrestlemania to A Design For Life.

I thought about that, but it's not heavy enough. It wouldn't work for getting people fired up.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Intense humming of Evil would make an excellent theme tune. Or IfwhiteAmericaToldTheTruth.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

VogeGandire posted:

I thought about that, but it's not heavy enough. It wouldn't work for getting people fired up.

Repeat. Although more seriously Faster, as he has some of the lyrics as his twitter bio

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I was under the impression that meant they would record a whole new song specially for Barrett.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I saw the Manics at Reading in 1992 and never would have dreamed they'd be offering to record a WWE wrestler's song. Richey :smith:

Also,

CM Punk, retweeting on Twitter, posted:

"U soulless empty athiest. Did u & Mari Kanellis worship the gay devil together? #UrBodySucksCauseGodHatesU #PastyDoughboy”

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

apsouthern posted:

And the interview in question from Q Magazine

This would be weirdest (best) thing for me to watch.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
This caught my eye last night on Punk's feed

quote:

"Asked @cmpunk to make quick vid sayin high to my daughter , told me no and gave me the "beat it" I'm having a bad day look , lol ouch"

Punk posted:

About the tweet below: guy asks me for an autograph. I ask him what the magic word is. He say, "just want you to film something real quick ...for my daughter". I look at him. I say against, "What's the magic word?" He says "real quick?" I politely decline.

If you're going to tweet some bullshit lies, I will call you out. If you're going to ask me for anything, say please. #magicword

Like I know it's old news and poo poo but I am still so baffled at how rude people can be. Like maybe it's just me but if I saw Punk (or any celebrity, really) I would have a hard enough time saying hi, let alone harass them for pictures or autographs or whatever. Ugh I hate people.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

whatsabattle posted:

Like I know it's old news and poo poo but I am still so baffled at how rude people can be. Like maybe it's just me but if I saw Punk (or any celebrity, really) I would have a hard enough time saying hi, let alone harass them for pictures or autographs or whatever. Ugh I hate people.

Yeah seriously if I saw Punk I'd probably be way too :kiddo: to say anything and if I DID choose to say anything, I'm positive Punk would be nice because, well, I have basic human manners and am not a shithead to people.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, he seems to get a bad rap about treating fans when, in fact, all he does is demand a little bit of respect from them. William Regal apparently is the same way, that he'll just blow you off unless you ask nicely.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

whatsabattle posted:

It's kind of rude I guess but Punk still comes off like a dick as well. "What's the magic word"? Get the over yourself.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suben posted:

It's kind of rude I guess but Punk still comes off like a dick as well. "What's the magic word"? Get the over yourself.

I dunno if I dealt routinely with autograph hawks at the airport I'd (probably) turn into a bit of a dick too.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Suben posted:

Yeah, it sounded more like the dude was starstruck and not understanding what Punk was hinting at than being intentionally rude.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I dunno if I dealt routinely with autograph hawks at the airport I'd (probably) turn into a bit of a dick too.

Punk didn't "turn into a bit of a dick," he's always been a dick and has never hid that fact.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lloyd Boner posted:

Punk didn't "turn into a bit of a dick," he's always been a dick and has never hid that fact.

True. That said, it's not like he makes it complicated. Introduce yourself and say please and you'll have no problems. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

"Whats the magic word?"
"uh...."
"It starts with a P."
"Pipebomb."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

oldpainless posted:

"Whats the magic word?"
"uh...."
"It starts with a P."
"Pipebomb."

Pepsi?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so far, Punk hasn't taken a dude's camera went into a VIP area, extracted the memory sticks and tossed it back to the fan.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
Saying please isn't that loving hard. I know some of you go out of your way to hate on Punk, but maybe you're the ones that need to get over it.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
Problem is Punk's an rear end in a top hat and doesn't give a gently caress about politeness? He pretty much was just trying to order the guy to beg in front of his kid.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Asking someone to say "please" isn't making him beg, it's just making him ask with a bit of manners.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 24, 2012

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Triple-Kan posted:

Problem is Punk's an rear end in a top hat and doesn't give a gently caress about politeness? He pretty much was just trying to order the guy to beg in front of his kid.

Yes he does? He straight up says time and time again "If you introduce yourself to me and say please there's no problem" and given how most people act I don't have a hard time believing that most if not all of the time Punk is a dick about autographs, people don't follow that standard.

He might be a dick in how he refuses people but asking people to say please is not making somebody beg, it's expecting some manners.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The other day I was buying some lunch at a pie store and I said please before I got my pies, and thank you when I got them. A lady next to me told me I had impeccable manners. Used that word, impeccable. I don't have impeccable manners, in fact I can be a downright rude oval office. It's just that when I am in a social situation, I know that being polite costs nothing and can make interactions a lot easier.

Punk asking that guy to say please wasn't making him beg, or having unrealistic expectations or even "demanding respect" or whatever. It was having the perfectly reasonable expectation that people will be polite to you if they want something from you. He forgot his manners, he didn't get an autograph.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

What kind of loving idiot doesn't know Magic Words==Please?

America what is wrong with you?

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

coconono posted:

Avada Kedavra! There, dead coco. Who's next?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Memento1979 posted:

The other day I was buying some lunch at a pie store and I said please before I got my pies, and thank you when I got them. A lady next to me told me I had impeccable manners. Used that word, impeccable. I don't have impeccable manners, in fact I can be a downright rude oval office. It's just that when I am in a social situation, I know that being polite costs nothing and can make interactions a lot easier.

Punk asking that guy to say please wasn't making him beg, or having unrealistic expectations or even "demanding respect" or whatever. It was having the perfectly reasonable expectation that people will be polite to you if they want something from you. He forgot his manners, he didn't get an autograph.

Pretty much this, as anyone who works in any kind of service job will tell you people are often incredibly dismissive of manners when dealing with someone they see as beneath them. Just saying please and thank you seems to be too hard for people so I applaud anything Punk does to reintroduce those.

And yeah, who the gently caress doesn't know that when you're asked for the magic word to say please?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

coconono posted:

Dude, it's not only America. Every western country is just as bad.

edit: ok maybe not Canada

Memento fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 24, 2012

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Memento1979 posted:

Dude, it's not only America. Every western country is just as bad.

edit: ok maybe not Canada

I dunno. I've heard some stories about Nunavut.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Triple-Kan posted:

You must have had a rough childhood if you don't know the difference between saying please and begging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Triple-Kan posted:

The kid wasn't there. Maybe try some comprehensive reading because you sperg out about something.