Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Three-Phase posted:

What the hell's a "puffu puffu" and why is it skeevy?

ADDED: Nevermind, that is kinda' skeevy for a NES game! :drat:

Its skeevy because of poor business practices, false advertising, and not getting what you paid for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasquatch
Mar 21, 2007

Yo, PM3:00 desu ka?
Episode 71 (2008): Chelnov
Episode 146 (2012): Karnov

Arino needs to complete the trilogy. Somebody get him a PS2 and a copy of Trio the Punch. He will most certainly lose his mind.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

What does the hard guy do? :ohdear:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Meme Emulator posted:

Its skeevy because of poor business practices, false advertising, and not getting what you paid for!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puff_Puff_%28sexual_term%29

Interesting.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Can someone point out every single person on the 2nd DS game poster for the Chief Detective game poster from the Chelnov episode. I could make out some of the ones that were not mentioned. It took me a while to recognize D Fujimoto's pic after it was mentioned.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Just watched the ep. If nothing else, I'm glad Arino hated that bullshit blizzard part of stage 6 as much as I did.

Kaitouace
Sep 9, 2011
Man I'm just blown away every time I see Abe do something amazing. That art of the little girl from the Northernmost Game Travelogue was so surprising. Watched the reveal of that picture like a dozen times. It also helps that the moment when Arino met her was probably my favorite part of that whole trip.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I just watched the Rainbow Islands episode. That fishing trip :gonk:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hokuto posted:

I just watched the Rainbow Islands episode. That fishing trip :gonk:

Is that the fishing trip where Arino is staring at some guy through the huge red tourist binoculars

Im pretty sure theyve been on two fishing trips.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Meme Emulator posted:

Is that the fishing trip where Arino is staring at some guy through the huge red tourist binoculars

No different one. I don't know what's gonk about the one he's talking about though? I recall he caught a fish by snagging its eye but that's about it.

The binoculars fishing trip was hilarious, the owner was great.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kerfuffle posted:

No different one. I don't know what's gonk about the one he's talking about though? I recall he caught a fish by snagging its eye but that's about it.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Uuuugh I could have easily gone the rest of my life without seeing a close-up of that!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Have you never been fishing?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mister Chief posted:

Have you never been fishing?

I was thinking the same thing, having to extract a hook from a fish that swallowed it is sort of gross

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Hokuto posted:

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Uuuugh I could have easily gone the rest of my life without seeing a close-up of that!

There was actually a page-long discussion about whether that warrants a warning or not when the episode was first released here.

Hirayuki posted:

"Dominate the barrels and you dominate Donkey Kong!" (The verb in question is 制す.)

Late reply on this but this is a Slam Dunk reference. The original line is "dominate the rebound and you dominate the game."

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 24, 2012

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Enchanting solicitation :allears:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Chelnov was such a great episode (thank you as always, SAGCCX team :)), especially since I've never heard of the game before despite the fact it did come out on the Genesis. Quick spoilery question for those who have somehow beaten it, does the ending change depending on the difficulty? Since Arino beat it on Normal, I assume that's a good ending with Easy giving a "Beat it on a higher difficulty" cocktease ending and Hard giving the best ending.

Hokuto posted:

It was a pretty gross thing to see, but after seeing all the insanely gross poo poo the internet has to offer, a fish with a hook through it's eye is almost nothing to me.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
I just played Chelnov for the first time with the 75 live limit, and got my last Game Over in stage 4. The controls are really pretty bullshit. :mad:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Chelnov was one of the challenges I wanted to see after reading about it, but the game itself was completely dull. It was just Arino slogging through the same thing every level with different colors. I fell asleep somewhere during the middle. At least the non-game parts of the episode were good. :(

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
That game looks horrible and I didn't really like that episode all that much until this happened and it just turned all around for me.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

When I saw that, I was so hoping to see a nice clean shot of Arino in the center of the camera like that. It's perfect avatar material after all. Sadly, we get it only with the overlays in the corner.

Doesn't make it any less amazing though.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

There's three fishing trips that I know of.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Heti posted:

That game looks horrible and I didn't really like that episode all that much until this happened and it just turned all around for me.

I must have slept through that part. :smith:

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Chelnov episode was really spiffy work---first game totally unknown to me in a good while and a fair bit of nifty music to it oddly enough.

Surprise they didn't overlay a Kacho Beaam~! attack over his mask antics...

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Heti posted:

Nakayama is firmly my favorite AD. :3:

VV: bwahaha his :saddowns: over the sheer unfairness.

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 24, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
AVGN just did Ghosts N Goblins for his Holloween episode this year. It is a great and funny episode. It is just as fun as watching Arino play. Check it out.

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012
Awesome, I've been waiting for this one for a long time, thank you. Horizontal Space Harrier!

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:

Obeast posted:

ending change

I think that's pretty much the whole ending. The Megadrive version actually added the whole positive denouement, in the arcade version all you get is Chelnov running off screen and getting killed by the helicopter.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here's an old flash trailer parodying Namco x Capcom, Data East x Sunsoft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjxjuVPFunQ
Lot of stuff that's been in GCCX in there.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I made a banner for the DVD. It should link to this (no referrals): http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Game-Master-Center-Collection/dp/B0087VCG2Y/

Comedy option:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

zari-gani posted:

I made a banner for the DVD. It should link to this (no referrals): http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Game-Master-Center-Collection/dp/B0087VCG2Y/

Comedy option:

The first one is obviously better for selling but in my heart I know that the second one is the best. :colbert:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Buy both, link first to Amazon, second to thread.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I vote for the 2nd. Goes perfectly with the running ad theme of cosplay linking to Amazon.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Wait, what's the second one again? Arino cosplaying Rei?

If so, I pick the second one. It's just that right.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
What would it take for people to add English subtitles to every episode of Takeshi's Castle?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Jubs posted:

What would it take for people to add English subtitles to every episode of Takeshi's Castle?

I imagine you could find some episodes of MXC online somewhere. I'd call that better than just subtitles. :v:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Cernunnos posted:

I imagine you could find some episodes of MXC online somewhere. I'd call that better than just subtitles. :v:

They've released the whole series on DVD. Some of the extras include full episodes of the original Takeshi's Castle with subtitles. It's a blast to watch.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Jubs posted:

They've released the whole series on DVD. Some of the extras include full episodes of the original Takeshi's Castle with subtitles. It's a blast to watch.

Okay, I honestly wasn't expecting to want another DVD set this year but drat. MXC pretty much justified the creation of that rotten Spike TV network, and episodes of the OG with subtitles is just gravy.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

redmercer posted:

Okay, I honestly wasn't expecting to want another DVD set this year but drat. MXC pretty much justified the creation of that rotten Spike TV network, and episodes of the OG with subtitles is just gravy.

Volumes 1 and 2
Volume 3
Volumes 4 and 5

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm going with this.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Crotch Bat posted:

But all the sexy cosplay ads link straight to Amazon. How dare you suggest breaking such a hallowed tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I've had no ads for so long, I had no idea that was a thing.