Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Awesome Welles posted:

Viz also has a trailer for the english dub out. It sounds ok, I guess. The actor for Guts sounds better than he did back in the early 2000's, but the others sound the same.

I wonder what new stuff the "hardcore" crowd will latch on to and nitpick the poo poo out of. :allears:
It's cool to hear the original cast on this new stuff. I always throught the dub Griffith was pretty much spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.

greatBigJerk posted:

It's cool to hear the original cast on this new stuff. I always throught the dub Griffith was pretty much spot on.
I'll always remember him for his magnificent singing. :allears:

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.
I just read through all of my Dark Horse volumes again, and with things fresh in my mind, I really am glad I picked up this series. I've probably gone through the run four or five times, and it has never gotten dull.

Every once in a while I pick up a random volume and try to envision how well what is presented would hook a reader with no previous knowledge. I think the action in Berserk along with the comedic effects and drama are all really top notch at drawing you in.

My favorite arcs for a new reader would probably be the Misty Valley and Vrittanis, they have a lot of sweet action but also really good character building.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I was listening to Slavoj Zizek talk about stuff and he went into an interesting idea that reminded me of Berserk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvmAr8aQxck&t=11m38s

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Is it the amnesia/blank existence bit? As far as Caska is concerned?

I can't really focus on the video because of that guy's thick accent and the image of a bleeding woman right by his head. An odd choice of interior decoration.

ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch
So I got this made today

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

That's awesome. I've always debated over whether I'd do an inactive or activated behelit if I had it done in a tattoo or other medium. They're so bizarre and eerie when inactive, but when the face forms it's borderline terrifying.

Constructive Edit: Where are the tears of blood?

ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch

A.S.H. posted:

That's awesome. I've always debated over whether I'd do an inactive or activated behelit if I had it done in a tattoo or other medium. They're so bizarre and eerie when inactive, but when the face forms it's borderline terrifying.

Constructive Edit: Where are the tears of blood?

Thanks man. It's so well made I'm thinking about getting the inactive at the same place on the other arm :D

I forgot the tears, but they can be added later. It looks loving brutal already tho'

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
Woah. :stare:

The quality of that is impressive! Where did you get it done? If possible, can you take a clearer picture of it?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

It is a nice tattoo. (Not sure if the Grandkids will really 'get' Berserk when they are 10 and 7 respectively...)

On a similar note: you know what Berserk would be good for? Van murals. If you were to take an image from Berserk and have it airbrushed/transferred to the side of a van, what image would you use?

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

Anything with Zodd. Humanoid or Apostle form. For a complete reversal, Puck and Ivalera to bring out the hippie in a van.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Seconding Zodd, hell have half human Zodd in a battlefield with some kind of fiery transformation as you move along the side, then it's full demon Zodd with Guts and the sword at the end.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

ArchDemon posted:

Seconding Zodd, hell have half human Zodd in a battlefield with some kind of fiery transformation as you move along the side, then it's full demon Zodd with Guts and the sword at the end.

I was expecting a mural of the eclipse since God Hand are by themselves a heavy metal album cover but I find this idea hilarious.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Berserk 331 is out, though it hasn't been translated yet. The spoilers sounds pretty sweet, though I'm reserving final judgement until evil genius or someone else finishes a translation.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Oh snap, looks like the speculation about the moonlight kid being Griffith might pan out soon. Also holy poo poo, the art for chapter 331 does not disappoint.

Very Notable
Oct 10, 2012

People who know fear are that much harder to kill.
Sweet, I'll have to read it when I get home.

I've been planning on getting a few of my Berserkdudes together and watching the second film but DVDs are being slow.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Ccs posted:

Oh snap, looks like the speculation about the moonlight kid being Griffith might pan out soon. Also holy poo poo, the art for chapter 331 does not disappoint.

Schierke has some interesting things to say about the moonlight kid this chapter. :allears:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Has it been translated yet?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Ccs posted:

I thought moonlight kid was Guts & Cacsa's love child, tainted and disfigured into a premature demonic baby by Griffith's rape of Casca during the first eclipse, and then healed by the Egg of the Emperor apostle/egg man during the second eclipse. The kid is always drawn to Guts or Casca, and has saved them numerous times. Is it alluded to in any previous chapters that there is a connection between the kid and Griffith? (I have not read chapter 331).

Very Notable
Oct 10, 2012

People who know fear are that much harder to kill.

Nebakenezzer posted:

Has it been translated yet?
Nope. Well, from what I can gather the spoilers are out but the scanlated chapter itself isn't. At least from checking Manga-Updates and Evil Genius' site.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

I recall making a bet with myself after the last chapter, that next chapter they'd be on Elf Island. That didn't pan out. But next chapter they must get there. Surely.

Very Notable posted:

Nope. Well, from what I can gather the spoilers are out but the scanlated chapter itself isn't. At least from checking Manga-Updates and Evil Genius' site.
The Evil Genius translation is essentially done, but we're holding out for better raws before editing. So... it might be a while. Or it might not. I expect some speed scanlator will crap something out in the meantime.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

So Silat is gonna be in the 3rd Berserk movie! I think Wylad will be cut, or at least there's no word on him yet.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Oh hey, Chapter 331. And 332 in two weeks!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

That was a really great refresher chapter. That said... :smith: It's never that easy, Guts. You know that better than anyone.

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

I love the poll on the side at Evil Genius, 'When will Berserk get to Elfhelm', we've already past every single possible result but December and 2013. I'm holding out for maybe next year.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

A.S.H. posted:

I love the poll on the side at Evil Genius, 'When will Berserk get to Elfhelm', we've already past every single possible result but December and 2013. I'm holding out for maybe next year.
Better still, December is in last with 1% while OMG WTF 2013?!?! is leading with a resounding 76%.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hmm so looks like my theory about the kid might not be right. Though I don't totally buy what Schierke said either. That tree branch could have appeared because that's how the elf king travels. Or it could be Griffith using the Ganishka tree he created to move around.

Art was fuckin amazing this chapter. Every page is like a goddamn Gustav Dore print.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://www.mangareader.net/berserk/331

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Good stuff, Berserk.

I'm starting to think the Elf King is mythical and can be a Griffith stand in or will be attacked by Griffith. Also, Gut's son was stillborn and he be might a conduit for Griffith/Femto to spy on Guts. Femto is the prince of demons so he would able to see or control the child seeing as the child is a spirit too. What is Guts going to do after Elfhelm? He is making his moon oaths again.

Aw poo poo I can't wait!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Kissmanga link's up for others who like to read it all on one page.

temple posted:

Good stuff, Berserk.

I'm starting to think the Elf King is mythical and can be a Griffith stand in or will be attacked by Griffith. Also, Gut's son was stillborn and he be might a conduit for Griffith/Femto to spy on Guts. Femto is the prince of demons so he would able to see or control the child seeing as the child is a spirit too. What is Guts going to do after Elfhelm? He is making his moon oaths again.

Aw poo poo I can't wait!
Neat idea, provides a good way for the child to increase the tragedy even more. Now I'm wondering if Guts will have to kill the child before this is all over, which won't help Casca in the slightest :smith:

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
The last couple spreads were awesome, but the best thing about the chapter was definitely the elves.

Natural born NEET

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
I'm starting to think things aren't going to end well, for anyone.

Hallgerd
Dec 10, 2011

Urdnot Fire posted:

Neat idea, provides a good way for the child to increase the tragedy even more. Now I'm wondering if Guts will have to kill the child before this is all over, which won't help Casca in the slightest :smith:

Yeah I've kind of thought this was going to be a dilemma ever since the scene with the Skull Knight on the beach. Just because if the child is some conduit or weakness for Griffith, this is the most obvious point of conflict for Guts and Casca - and because the child in its original form was absorbed by the behelit-shaped Apostle before Griffith was brought back.

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

I'm starting to think things aren't going to end well, for anyone.

This too.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Ccs posted:

Art was fuckin amazing this chapter. Every page is like a goddamn Gustav Dore print.
The second/third page with the spread of the boat and mermaids in the water, that could go in a frame on a wall. kind of makes me want to go through and pick out great two page spreads from throughout the series as a dialogueless condensed retelling.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Are there any paintings done by Muira? I remember seeing some color covers in old issues but they aren't nearly as impressive as the ink artwork in the comic itself, so I don't know if he does those personally.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah I think he does the covers, he's just not as good at painting as he is with ink.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Good news, everyone! The latest chapter, 332, is out! You can see some images here:http://imgbox.com/g/gf2n4egjHm. They aren't raws, but you can figure it out what's going on in it pretty easily.

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 24, 2012

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Stupid old Griffith!:mad:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Oh poo poo, that girl lost all of her lucky charms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Innnnnteresting.