Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Sporadic posted:

If anybody preordered Max Fleischer's Superman back when I posted about it...cancel that poo poo ASAP

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Max-Fleischers-Superman-Blu-ray/50279/#Review

:(

God damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

drat, I'm glad I read that, thanks. I've had "Superman Fleischer Blu-Ray October 23" written in my phone for a couple months so that if I'm in a Best Buy I'll be sure not to miss picking it up. As if I didn't already hate Gaiam from working in a store that sells their lovely workout and alt-medicine-quantum-healing-Chopra bullshit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

VoodooXT posted:

It was shot on film, but the original camera negative was destroyed so they made the transfer off a print. If you ask me, I think it looks terrible.

Now The Little Shop of Horrors, THAT is a great transfer.

Having just watched it, I agree with just about every word in that review. They cleaned up the film really nice without cleaning it up TOO much, and the transfer's a little darker than on the DVD but I suspect it's closer to how it looked originally. And they got the sound just right, which is important.

The lack of extras (apart from those on the DVD) is odd- if they took the trouble to restore the original ending it shouldn't have been too much trouble to give us a deleted scene or two.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex

Sporadic posted:

If anybody preordered Max Fleischer's Superman back when I posted about it...cancel that poo poo ASAP

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Max-Fleischers-Superman-Blu-ray/50279/#Review

:(

The worst part about that is that WB has gorgeous hi-def transfers of the Fleischer Superman cartoons in their vault. In the documentary "Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics", they show a few brief clips and it looks amazing. (Of course, you can only see the HD footage if you watch that doc On Demand - it's never been released on BD).

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
So Rashomon looks awesome (a Kurosawa movie looking amazing on blu-ray? No way!):
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Rashomon-Blu-ray/53148/#Overview

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
That's nice to see, particularly given how crappy the DVD print was.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Never change Sony

quote:

You may have feared the consumer confusion that would come out of the Consumer Electronics Association's decision to rebrand 4K as Ultra High-Definition, and now Sony is doing very little to allay those concerns. The company has just sent us word that it "lauds the CEA's efforts," but will continue using "4K" for its current products and will brand future devices as "4K Ultra High-Definition (4K UHD)."

According to the statement, Sony is using its own branding in order to "ensure clarity for consumers and delineate between today’s and tomorrow’s technology" — a clear nod to the similarities beween Ultra High-Definition and the current High-Definition standard. Thankfully, Sony's nomenclature still includes the UHD branding, but we wouldn't be surprised if consumers think 4K UHD is better than UHD alone, even if they both adhere to the same standard. Now the wait commences to see which other manufacturers will come up with their own branding for the future of high-resolution televisions.

Do you they will pull the same stunt when the next generation of media is set to release?

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/19/3527162/sony-to-use-4k-uhd-nomenclature

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Help me out here. I'm having a hard time seeing how 4K will become a mainstream product, at least in the typical time frame. BR will eventually supplant DVD, because on normal TVs in normal sizes, a significant improvement is readily visible (and of course, the drop in cost).

But at the normal range of TV sizes, say, up to 65 inches, and normal viewing distances, will 4K make that big a difference? My understanding was that 4K doesn't start to come into its own until you get to really big screens, like over 100 inches. And I've seen 100+ inch projection setups that already look loving incredible at 1080p. Even if 100+ inch displays come down to reasonable prices, there's a legitimate problem with the physical aspect. Lots of people with the space for a 50-60" TV can't find room for a monster set.

Also, it took decades to drag content providers, particularly TV networks, to HD, and none of them have even hit 1080p yet. How many people will be willing to shell out for a 4K set if the only content was streaming or on discs? Hell, we're still complaining about gaps in the BR library.

I know the tech will get there, it always does. But am I wrong about the lack of a significant quality jump and the probable lack of content?

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
I've had arguments with my friends that with a TV smaller than 40" or so, the difference in picture quality between 720p and 1080p is negligible if nonexistent.
They say they can see the difference. I can't. Who's right?

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Hatter106 posted:

I've had arguments with my friends that with a TV smaller than 40" or so, the difference in picture quality between 720p and 1080p is negligible if nonexistent.
They say they can see the difference. I can't. Who's right?

I can tell the difference on my 50" Panny plasma but I think much of the difference depends on the source material and equipment. I would be hard pressed (read: not able) to tell the difference on a <40" set. It also is dependent on how perceptive one is.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Help me out here. I'm having a hard time seeing how 4K will become a mainstream product, at least in the typical time frame. BR will eventually supplant DVD, because on normal TVs in normal sizes, a significant improvement is readily visible (and of course, the drop in cost).

But at the normal range of TV sizes, say, up to 65 inches, and normal viewing distances, will 4K make that big a difference? My understanding was that 4K doesn't start to come into its own until you get to really big screens, like over 100 inches. And I've seen 100+ inch projection setups that already look loving incredible at 1080p. Even if 100+ inch displays come down to reasonable prices, there's a legitimate problem with the physical aspect. Lots of people with the space for a 50-60" TV can't find room for a monster set.

Also, it took decades to drag content providers, particularly TV networks, to HD, and none of them have even hit 1080p yet. How many people will be willing to shell out for a 4K set if the only content was streaming or on discs? Hell, we're still complaining about gaps in the BR library.

I know the tech will get there, it always does. But am I wrong about the lack of a significant quality jump and the probable lack of content?

4K is basically what some movie theaters are using. So you can screen it on a massive screen and it will look fantastic but you can also play it on a smaller screen and it should still be stunning.

With every upgrade, there's always people saying "is that really necessary" and the answer is always "if it's affordable, yeah"

We're still probably ten years out before we begin to reach that point with 4K but TV will follow (remember when Fox would make a big deal about showing something in widescreen or 720p [or maybe it was 1080i] in the late 90s?) and the price of hardware will continue to fall. Big LCDs will get cheaper and more widespread. Projectors will start to take the place of big gently caress off box TVs as a status symbol.

But I can't wait for 4K to start rolling out. It would basically be like owning your own print of the movie.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Sporadic posted:

4K is basically what some movie theaters are using. So you can screen it on a massive screen and it will look fantastic but you can also play it on a smaller screen and it should still be stunning.

Well yeah, it should. Point is, on TVs that normal people have, will it look any different?

quote:

With every upgrade, there's always people saying "is that really necessary" and the answer is always "if it's affordable, yeah"

But with all of the recent jumps (VHS-DVD-BR), there was an easy to see (for most people) improvement in quality. For the sizes and view distances typical in American homes, I don't think too many people will be able to see any difference. And if there's no difference, it's hard for me to see demand. Hell, there are a lot of people out there still buying DVDs to watch on their HDTVs because they don't see a big enough difference to justify the higher price for BRs (despite there being a shitload of great BRs for <$10). And you have to be blind to not see the difference between those two formats.

quote:

We're still probably ten years out before we begin to reach that point with 4K but TV will follow

TV "followed" on HD, but they did it kicking and screaming. Given that they still aren't broadcasting in the top level of HD, and given the questionable market for 4K, I can't see them following any faster for this.

quote:

and the price of hardware will continue to fall. Big LCDs will get cheaper and more widespread. Projectors will start to take the place of big gently caress off box TVs as a status symbol.

This is all true, I mentioned that the tech will get there. But the best tech doesn't always win or succeed. There has to be a market for it. I'm not seeing incentive for the customer or the content providers. And again, a lot of people will not be able to put up 100+ inch screens, even many who have the money.

quote:

But I can't wait for 4K to start rolling out. It would basically be like owning your own print of the movie.

If you have a monstrous screen sure. But I'm not convinced that it will be anything but a hobbyist's device for a long long time.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Sporadic posted:

Honestly, 4K has some applications, like 3D video. But I think it is going to end up being a silent upgrade, basically, you'll get a TV that's 4k ready.

Here's a big problem: when it comes to streaming video, we have nothing that can really handle 4k video. Even with an ethernet connection to my PC, streaming 1080p video can be a hairy enterprise, especially depending on the type of compression that's used. And wirelessly, it either stutters like crazy, or I get really bad artifacts all over the place.

The other point too is that there is a point where you have diminishing returns. The way that most American homes are set up, you just don't have space for a TV that would really benefit from 4k.

But once again, I think it will just be a silent upgrade. You get a TV and it is 4k ready.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Well yeah, it should. Point is, on TVs that normal people have, will it look any different?

The real questions are, what will the normal size of TVs when they start rolling this stuff out for real and what type of technology will it ship on?

I mean think back to like 2008. The standard cheap screen was 32". Today you can get a 42" for around that price. So, let's skip forward ten years. Think it would be up to 60" by that time? You can say that's too big for a bedroom or something but as things get cheaper, that thought goes out the window.

With that being the standard cheap screen, that also means that massive LCD screens and projectors will be within the realm of the home consumer.

If they try to cram it on a 3 layer Blu-Ray (100GB - kind of like how the DVD forum was experimenting with HD before HD-DVD/Blu), it should still look better but it will still be compressed to a certain extent. Now, if they come up with some new storage medium that can hold much more than that, imagine getting a 4K transfer that is completely uncompressed with loseless sound.

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

But with all of the recent jumps (VHS-DVD-BR), there was an easy to see (for most people) improvement in quality. For the sizes and view distances typical in American homes, I don't think too many people will be able to see any difference. And if there's no difference, it's hard for me to see demand. Hell, there are a lot of people out there still buying DVDs to watch on their HDTVs because they don't see a big enough difference to justify the higher price for BRs (despite there being a shitload of great BRs for <$10). And you have to be blind to not see the difference between those two formats.

"Same resolution you see in the theaters"

Bam, that's the selling point. I can't exactly argue for 4K in a home setting since I've never seen in it person or whether you would really notice it on a not 100+" screen, but the with marketing "a real theater experience" should sell it big to the hardcore market (and like anything, the rest of the people will jump on when the industry throws their full weight behind it and prices come down)

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

TV "followed" on HD, but they did it kicking and screaming. Given that they still aren't broadcasting in the top level of HD, and given the questionable market for 4K, I can't see them following any faster for this.

I wouldn't call it kicking and screaming. It took a long time for them to finally transition over (and it will take an equal amount of time to move over to 4K) but they'll do it (as long as there's no bandwidth issues)

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

This is all true, I mentioned that the tech will get there. But the best tech doesn't always win or succeed. There has to be a market for it. I'm not seeing incentive for the customer or the content providers. And again, a lot of people will not be able to put up 100+ inch screens, even many who have the money.

I absolutely disagree with this. This isn't a case of the best tech or a market having to be there. This is an upcoming industry standard. We are going there regardless.

People said the same thing about Blu-Ray being too expensive and why do I need to see Will Smith's pores and the hardware isn't there but the industry dragged everybody along. 3D? That's more of a silent upgrade like CG was talking about but, the industry dragged everybody alone.

And 4K doesn't have the issue that 3D had where new content had to be created or where they had to add it after the fact. It's just a matter of scanning the film in at a higher resolution.

But yeah, it's going to be a minimum of 10 years before we start to see 4K the way Blu-Ray/HD-DVD started out and it's going to take streaming awhile to catch back up to discs.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Sporadic posted:

Now, if they come up with some new storage medium that can hold much more than that, imagine getting a 4K transfer that is completely uncompressed with loseless sound.

Uncompressed 4K video would be so hilariously big...

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

hitze posted:

Uncompressed 4K video would be so hilariously big...

quote:

VERTOVEC: People are used to film and videotape, which only runs at 24 fps. If you had to transfer footage from one place to another, it always transferred at real time. With 4K data, and files over 40 megabytes a frame -- that's 800 megabytes a second, and that's the challenge. Few people have technology that runs at 800 megabytes per second.

http://magazine.creativecow.net/article/4k-di-on-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo

So one - two hour and forty minute - movie would be about 937.5 GB (if I did the math right)

Crazy but who knows how far disc technology will go in ten years.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 20, 2012

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Sporadic posted:

The real questions are, what will the normal size of TVs when they start rolling this stuff out for real and what type of technology will it ship on?

I mean think back to like 2008. The standard cheap screen was 32". Today you can get a 42" for around that price. So, let's skip forward ten years. Think it would be up to 60" by that time? You can say that's too big for a bedroom or something but as things get cheaper, that thought goes out the window.

There's a problem with this thinking about screen sizes:

Up until recently, most TVs were CRTs. When I went to college, back in 2005, nobody had flat screen TVs. They were all CRTs. The thing with CRTs is that there was a smaller limit on the size of a screen you could have because you needed to have space for a cathode ray tube, and so the bigger the TV, the bigger the tube. So that meant that the old 24" or 27" TV we had when I was growing up ended up having a bigger footprint and was also heavier than the 47" TV my parents currently have. So because of weight and cost, you were just thinking about size in a different scale.

Now, the reality is more about the physical space and what would look good. In a lot of bedrooms, a huge TV would just be overwhelming, especially when you consider the size of the TV vs. the distance to the TV.

Sporadic posted:

So one - two hour and forty minute - movie would be about 937.5 GB (if I did the math right)

Crazy but who knows how far disc technology will go in ten years.

Even if you didn't do the math right, this here is an argument for why we'll have disc formats for a while yet. That's just a huge pipeline that our internet connections can't really provide yet.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

Would flash memory be a viable option for files of that nature? I ask this as a guy who doesn't know how flash memory works, only that a usb thumb drive is very small and can hold quite a lot.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Hibernator posted:

Would flash memory be a viable option for files of that nature? I ask this as a guy who doesn't know how flash memory works, only that a usb thumb drive is very small and can hold quite a lot.

Given that current retail price for a 1 TB SSD (which is to say, a really big flash drive, essentially) is around $1200 or so, Sporadic's 937 GB figure would make each 4K full movie uncompressed cost $1200 for the media alone.

Of course that same drive was around $2500 this time last year, so when 4K becomes more widely available, who knows?

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Cemetry Gator posted:

There's a problem with this thinking about screen sizes:

Up until recently, most TVs were CRTs. When I went to college, back in 2005, nobody had flat screen TVs. They were all CRTs. The thing with CRTs is that there was a smaller limit on the size of a screen you could have because you needed to have space for a cathode ray tube, and so the bigger the TV, the bigger the tube. So that meant that the old 24" or 27" TV we had when I was growing up ended up having a bigger footprint and was also heavier than the 47" TV my parents currently have. So because of weight and cost, you were just thinking about size in a different scale.

Now, the reality is more about the physical space and what would look good. In a lot of bedrooms, a huge TV would just be overwhelming, especially when you consider the size of the TV vs. the distance to the TV.

This is the issue. I don't care how much it costs, I just don't have room for a 60 inch TV in my bedroom, let alone anything bigger. You can make it slimmer and lighter and more power efficient, but all the technology in the world doesn't make 60 inches diagonal take up less than 60 inches diagonal, and for a lot of rooms that's not viable for multiple reasons.

At some point you have to remember that buying a TV isn't just about technology, it's also about interior design. I wouldn't buy a pinball table or a five piece leather sofa either, even if they were cheap and amazing, because I don't have anywhere for them to go.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
The Omen Collection is only $17.99 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ARDBWQ...Q24XM98MJH8PD6Y

$4.49 a movie (but I also heard that the packaging is terrible)

---------

Also the 3D combo pack of The Nightmare Before Christmas is only $22.02

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00540G3G6...1W2Q0FAB57T9HW3

---------

And crossposting from Coupons just because I haven't seen anybody in here talking about it.

That's the theatrical cut.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Sporadic posted:

And crossposting from Coupons just because I haven't seen anybody in here talking about it.

That's the theatrical cut.

I (somehow) have never seen the LOTR movies. Are the extended versions any good or is it a load of extra rubbish that was cut for a reason? I don't like the idea of changing discs mid-film.

The extended versions don't have the theatrical cut on them do they?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not all of the additions are a net positive, but there's really no reason at this point to watch the non-Extended versions.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Spalec posted:

I (somehow) have never seen the LOTR movies. Are the extended versions any good or is it a load of extra rubbish that was cut for a reason? I don't like the idea of changing discs mid-film.

This is a hard question to answer. I think the extended cuts are better but they do add nearly an hour to each film. Maybe rent the theatrical cut of the first film and if you like it, get the extended versions (the extended version of the first film is good too). But if you're cold buying these for some reason, get the extended cuts.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lizard Combatant posted:

This is a hard question to answer. I think the extended cuts are better but they do add nearly an hour to each film. Maybe rent the theatrical cut of the first film and if you like it, get the extended versions (the extended version of the first film is good too). But if you're cold buying these for some reason, get the extended cuts.

I was lucky enough to buy the Limited Edition DVDs that came with both the regular and extended editions when they came out a few years ago. They don't have all the special features of the extended editions, but it's nice having both versions in one package.

I ended up buying the extended edition Blu-Rays anyway. I'm such a sucker for great packaging.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sporadic posted:

If they try to cram it on a 3 layer Blu-Ray (100GB - kind of like how the DVD forum was experimenting with HD before HD-DVD/Blu), it should still look better but it will still be compressed to a certain extent. Now, if they come up with some new storage medium that can hold much more than that, imagine getting a 4K transfer that is completely uncompressed with loseless sound.
Completely impractical right now. The numbers you were throwing around (40MB per frame, 800MB per second) were still compressed. Completely uncompressed 4k video is hilariously huge. 3840 * 2160 (pixels) * 4 (bytes per pixel for deep color) * 24 (frames per second) * 3600 (seconds per hour) = 2.6 terabytes for one hour of video.

Sporadic posted:

Bam, that's the selling point. I can't exactly argue for 4K in a home setting since I've never seen in it person or whether you would really notice it on a not 100+" screen, but the with marketing "a real theater experience" should sell it big to the hardcore market (and like anything, the rest of the people will jump on when the industry throws their full weight behind it and prices come down)
As for whether you'd notice a difference, this article helps a lot, especially the first graph. For a person with 20/20 vision to get the full benefit of 4k, they'd have to sit about 7 feet away from a 100" screen. To even be able to see that it's better than 1080p they'd have to be sitting closer than 12 feet from a 100" screen. That's feasible in a home theater room, but not many people are going to be willing to put their couch 3 feet away from their 50" screen in the living room.

And as others have pointed out, no matter how cheap large screens get, it starts to get difficult to place them. I've got a 42" in my bedroom, and if I desperately wanted to I could probably go up to 50" (and block half of my window) but any larger than that is impossible unless I decide that I just didn't want to use one of my closets.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Spalec posted:

I prefer the extended additions. As noted not all the changes are for the positive, and its actually the first movie that's the longest. I think the final two films add some much needed nuance to some characters and just flesh out some aspects that probably needed it.

I've not seen the originals since their original Cinema showings and don't feel like I've missed out by not seeing them again.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

DrVenkman posted:

I prefer the extended additions. As noted not all the changes are for the positive, and its actually the first movie that's the longest.

Uh, what? RotK is 251 minutes at its original extended edition (263 for the BD one), while FotR is 208 minutes (228 for BD).

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Just a reminder the cinematic editions of LOTRs look like trash compared to the transfer the extended editions got.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Both the Conan movies dropped down to $7.99 on Amazon.

Conan the Barbarian = http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00509KXYO...YBK5A2HW954VJ57
Conan the Destroyer = http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00509KXVC...6ME2XRD3TJXTKFM

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Is the Conan blu-ray worth the upgrade over the collector's DVD for 8 bucks? Bear in mind I love this movie.

Kinda feel like I'm answering my own question here.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Spalec posted:

The LOTR movies are "epic" films in the truest sense of the word, where a major part of the experience is just the whole feeling of sitting down, zoning out, and immersing yourself in a fantasy world. Like, half the movies are just helicopter shots of New Zealand while awesome music plays, but it works. They're the type of movies that lend themselves to just being as long as possible. They don't really demand the tight pacing of a normal film.

Plus, there's a sort of anthology style to the storytelling -- quite like a book, actually -- where there are a lot of small little subplots that don't necessarily lead up to anything, and they kind of start and end at random. But they're just there to add richness to the setting and characters. All of these things are going on at the same time as the main plot of getting the ring to Mordor, but they don't usually interact with that plot very tightly. It's kind of just like, "Here's all the other stuff that happened while they were doing that". So even in the original theatrical versions, there are scenes that could sort of be cut out or left in without affecting the main plot. The extended versions just have more of that. I'd say the parts that were left in and left out are all of pretty much equal quality.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

You really don't get the feel of changing discs in the extended edition, because each disc is still around the same length as a normal movie, and they all continue as one long story in the first place, so the break points are chosen really well. It doesn't have the same feel as "exciting thing is in progress, now get out of your immersion with this abrupt cut and insert disc 2". It's better than that, it essentially turns the series into 6 regular length movies.

And the EEs are worth it to me specifically for the inclusion of the angry forest eating the entire orc army after the battle of Helm's Deep. For some reason it was one of the most memorable parts of the book for me, so I was really disappointed when it was left out of the theatrical cut, and ecstatic when it was included in the EE.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Has there been anymore word on the Hitchcock box set? Did they straighten out those issues people complained about?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

CPL593H posted:

Has there been anymore word on the Hitchcock box set? Did they straighten out those issues people complained about?

It seems most issues were fixed. Robert Harris put reviews up on Home Theater Forum.

Most films are at least good or close to great. Family Plot is awful quality and The Man Who Knew Too Much '56 has serious fading issues. It seems worth it now considering neither problem films are that popular.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
About time some real deal were put up by Amazon. Who's ready for November :unsmigghh:

$4.99

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 = http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MU8ZHU...E6PJZW5ZM5GF4ZA
Teen Wolf = http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NDJXOO...0CKD0EWGFYCZXZ5
Carrie = http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D8W7CW...BPQD2FMEHDY9ZEX
Killer Klowns From Outer Space = http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MU8ZNO...BA8D1SPNYP8SRFF
Stir Of Echoes = http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HIVOIC...SZ0M04G500AVXN6
Jeepers Creepers = http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MU8ZOI...X7Q3BPC47A6N9ZX

$9.99

Rock Of Ages (Movie Only + UltraViolet Digital Copy) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091VGAXK...X1WQMXN4NXE674M

Or the two disc version is only $5 more.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 28, 2012

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Sporadic posted:

About time some real deal were put up by Amazon. Who's ready for November :unsmigghh:

Speaking of, does this thread go :supaburn: when Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals start trickling in, or are there other threads for that?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

"Usually ships within 1 to 3 months."

What?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Fryhtaning posted:

Speaking of, does this thread go :supaburn: when Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals start trickling in, or are there other threads for that?

This thread and Coupons goes completely insane for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

"Usually ships within 1 to 3 months."

What?

That happens every once in a while with high demand items. I'd wait on ordering it because you can almost bet they'll get some more in sooner than their current estimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sporadic posted:

This thread and Coupons goes completely insane for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

That happens every once in a while with high demand items. I'd wait on ordering it because you can almost bet they'll get some more in sooner than their current estimate.

To be specific, you're gonna want to watch this thread (and coupons/deals) all week as obviously for multiple deals, but the big thing is Amazon does lighting sales which last for 2-3 hours or until inventory runs out. The price cuts on these are insane like Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown for 3 bucks or tv shows on bluray like Mad Men season 4 for 10 bucks.

And there are some dvds that go for a dollar or two as well.

• Locked thread