Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Looks like someone bought a couple of the cosplay ads (linked to this thread).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Dragon Ball is legit a really good show. I rewatched it a year or so ago and it still holds up.

I'm watching it now for the first time in...twenty years? Anyway, I only have the vaguest recollections of it, but it really is a fun quirky little adventure show. The only thing is that I distinctly remember watching the final ending of the red ribbon army thing on tv in the early 90s but every source I can find tells me that that would be impossible.

pre-emptive Edit:turns out I must have seen Curse of the blood rubies in 96.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gutcruncher posted:

But all the sexy cosplay ads link straight to Amazon. How dare you suggest breaking such a hallowed tradition

The problem there is that people will assume it's just another referral-spam ad and they won't buy the DVD, or even do research on the show. If it links to the thread you may get some new fans.

But then, at this point any banner ad that links to Amazon is probably going to get ignored, even the DVD ad. Someone needs to crack down on that garbage... I'm sick of seeing cosplay women and Paul Ryan's lifeless, bloodshot eyes.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Is there a reason to link to Amazon instead of Deep Discount? $35 and free shipping!

http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/RETRO-GAME-MASTER-RETRO-GAME-MASTER-THE-GAME-CENTER-CX-CO

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Comedy option:

I've been seeing those cos playing ads for a while, but this is the first one that made me actually click. Is this a real thing that happened. :psyduck:

Also I need to start watching this again, I remember enjoying the show but just stopped after a while.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Roobanguy posted:

I've been seeing those cos playing ads for a while, but this is the first one that made me actually click. Is this a real thing that happened. :psyduck:

Also I need to start watching this again, I remember enjoying the show but just stopped after a while.

Sure is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 25, 2012

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
We have come full circle. It used to be the Amazon ads were based on forum memes, now they have become a meme themselves. :v:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Caitlin posted:

Sure is.

Kibe looks hot.

draks
Apr 29, 2009

here he comes

fenix down posted:

Is there a reason to link to Amazon instead of Deep Discount? $35 and free shipping!

http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/RETRO-GAME-MASTER-RETRO-GAME-MASTER-THE-GAME-CENTER-CX-CO

Oh diggity dang. Their shipping outside of the US and Canada was only like 8 bucks, so I finally took the plunge. :'D Thanks for linking that! Can't wait for it to get here...

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

fenix down posted:

Might want to be careful about this site. Just Googled them and they have a 0 rating on Reseller Ratings...

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I never had an issue with Deep Discount to speak of.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Unless there no reason for me to avoid Deep Discount-is there any chance of the price dropping on the amazon ones ? I really do want to buy them, but that price is pretty steep but I want them in time for christmas :(

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Oct 25, 2012

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
Deepdiscount is a legitimate site. The only problem is (especially during sales) they take a very long time to ship items--I've waited as long as 1.5 months before, but that's obviously not the norm.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Nintendo Direct is airing a GCCX mini-segment with Iwata!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nintendo-direct-2012-10-25

Edit: Looks like an interview with Iwata. I was kinda hoping it would be a challenge.

Edit 2: Iwata and Arino are doing Balloon Trip mode on Balloon Fight. Awesome! :v:

Edit 3: The segment is over and I think Iwata shook Abe's hand as he left. :):respek::cool:

Obeast fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 25, 2012

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Obeast posted:

Edit: Looks like an interview with Iwata. I was kinda hoping it would be a challenge.

Nintendo Direct [CX]

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Arino and Iwata are playing Balloon Fight now yesssss

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

You can watch the archive of the segment here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/index.html#121025_m5

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Obeast posted:

Edit 3: The segment is over and I think Iwata shook Abe's hand as he left. :):respek::cool:

Well of course he shook Abe's hand. If you had the chance to shake Abe's hand could you pass it up? :v:

BTW, if anyone needs a direct link to the segment: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/index.html#121025_m5 .

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Obeast posted:

But Arino is the one being interviewed this time! That's nice for a change. It's pretty interesting and if we can get a rip of this I'd like to sub it since it's so short. We're also looking for a good rip of the Kirby challenge that aired on Nintendo Direct.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

zari-gani posted:

But Arino is the one being interviewed this time! That's nice for a change. It's pretty interesting and if we can get a rip of this I'd like to sub it since it's so short. We're also looking for a good rip of the Kirby challenge that aired on Nintendo Direct.

:neckbeard: You're the best.

Hyper Big Breasts
May 14, 2006

I went ahead and ripped all that GCCX stuff from Nintendo's website. They aren't of the highest quality and resolution since they were made for web streaming, but it beats ripping someone else's Youtube and NicoNico uploads I suppose.

Iwata http://bayfiles.com/file/p8qF/qHdjny/121025_m5.mp4
Kirby Super Star http://bayfiles.com/file/p8zV/Hd5q1R/120622_m2.mp4
Kirby's Dream Collection (Challenge Stages) http://bayfiles.com/file/p8wt/nk471r/gcx2.mp4

The Kirby stuff was kind of a pain to find, haha. I kept looking at the Nintendo Direct archive page and wondering why it wasn't there. It was on the game's website instead... :v:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Evila posted:

I went ahead and ripped all that GCCX stuff from Nintendo's website. They aren't of the highest quality and resolution since they were made for web streaming, but it beats ripping someone else's Youtube and NicoNico uploads I suppose.

Hey thanks a lot! I can't get the downloads to work though. Could you maybe use sendspace?

Hyper Big Breasts
May 14, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Hey thanks a lot! I can't get the downloads to work though. Could you maybe use sendspace?
Sure, no problem. Just finished uploading them to sendspace now.

Iwata http://www.sendspace.com/file/51t87s
Kirby Super Star http://www.sendspace.com/file/99m1fl
Kirby's Dream Collection (Challenge Stages) http://www.sendspace.com/file/p5vi11

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Evila posted:

Sure, no problem. Just finished uploading them to sendspace now.

Works like a charm. Thanks a lot! I'll likely get to these after finishing my current queue (three eps left).

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
The disgusted looks Iwata was throwing at Arino for his inept play was just priceless. (Iwata programmed Balloon Fight.)
When Iwata played it (and failed), Arino, "OK, please play that at home," and dismissed Iwata from playing. Classic.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Yeeuh, got my DVD set yesterday. This Battle Golfer Yui is reminding me of Paris Dakar Rally, haha.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

The Iwata segment was great and I await the subs.

God drat I wish they played the main co-op game though.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I saw people discussing the segment on NeoGAF and people were recommending going to gamingcx instead of buying the DVD, because "it was butchered." Even after someone linked Ray's article explaining the situation. :suicide: Oh well.

Also, holy hell Chelnov looks like a terrible game. I actually felt sorry for Arino. Sure, his playing was up to his usual standard :v: but he looked so beaten down by it. The Nakayama-shiki segment was the highlight, especially the moment immortalized in that gif. :allears:

Thanks for all your hard work, guys!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Humongous Pear posted:

I saw people discussing the segment on NeoGAF and people were recommending going to gamingcx instead of buying the DVD, because "it was butchered." Even after someone linked Ray's article explaining the situation. :suicide: Oh well.

The best part about people that keep saying things like that is that they forget that a handful of the episodes never got fansubs to begin with. If nothing else, the DVD gets you those

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Humongous Pear posted:

Also, holy hell Chelnov looks like a terrible game. I actually felt sorry for Arino. Sure, his playing was up to his usual standard :v: but he looked so beaten down by it. The Nakayama-shiki segment was the highlight, especially the moment immortalized in that gif. :allears:

Thanks for all your hard work, guys!

I don't think Chelnov is a terrible game but I do think that it breaks a lot of fundamental design rules. Doing that is generally going to get a negative reaction from players even when the results work.

I don't think that they worked in Chelnov, though. The controls make it way more complicated to play than it needs to be. It winds up being an ambitious failure.

Now the next episode, that's one of the remaining truly god awful games I mentioned a few days ago. Since it's really easy to figure out what's coming up next I'll be a bit more direct and say it's everyone's favorite genre: Super Famicom ports of European Amiga games.

(And now I'm thinking about that genre and I'm kind of curious which ones I'm missing in my collection. Time to pop over to the retrogames thread and see what list we can come up with...)

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

zari-gani posted:

Thank you for doing this. I can't wait to see what Iwata and Arino talked about. :)

The White Dragon posted:

Yeeuh, got my DVD set yesterday. This Battle Golfer Yui is reminding me of Paris Dakar Rally, haha.
Battle Golfer Yui is one of my favorite episodes off the DVD just because of how :wtc: the actual game is. I think Paris Dakar is still the biggest :wtc: game ever challenged by Arino, but BGY is definitely up there. I'm really happy that I decided to watch that and Super Fantasy Zone (which was an okay episode, but far from my favorite of the group) as the last two episodes since I've never seen them before. :)

rdbbb posted:

The Iwata segment was great and I await the subs.

God drat I wish they played the main co-op game though.
I was hoping for that to happen since they had two Wiimotes... :smith:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Obeast posted:

Battle Golfer Yui is one of my favorite episodes off the DVD just because of how :wtc: the actual game is. I think Paris Dakar is still the biggest :wtc: game ever hallenged by Arino, but BGY is definitely up there. I'm really happy that I decided to watch that and Super Fantasy Zone (which was an okay episode, but far from my favorite of the group) as the last two episodes since I've never seen them before. :)
Is that seriously how the game ends? Or was there another option Arino didn't explore? That was some weird poo poo. I loved it.

Gonna watch some Golden Axe soon, I could never get past like the third stage as a kid on the Sega CD port.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I at least understood a little of Iwata and Arino's conversation by watching all the subs. If I understood correctly, I loved them talking about Arino, being the Kacho and Iwata being the Sacho(CEO/President). Then they joke about Arino getting promoted to Sacho. I wonder if Arino will ever get promoted to Sacho status.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You learned that much Japanese just from watching these GCCX subs? That's cool. I think I know all of Arino's little catch phrases and exclamations, but that's it.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

UP AND ADAM posted:

You learned that much Japanese just from watching these GCCX subs? That's cool. I think I know all of Arino's little catch phrases and exclamations, but that's it.

Well being an aisian helps as some of the language is similar(I am Korean).

Also, has anyone seen the Pulseman episode yet.

Can someome translate the hint for the next episode.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 26, 2012

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012
"Next time is a unique puzzle game," I think it says.

At times during the narration of the Dragon Ball episode, Kan starts imitating some other character, I think. Oolong, perhaps?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

OrochiKiyo posted:

At times during the narration of the Dragon Ball episode, Kan starts imitating some other character, I think. Oolong, perhaps?

I believe he's just doing the narration's voice.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
^ Yep. The original Japanese Dragon Ball narration was a guy doing a funny-sounding voice, so I think that's the intention.

vgperson
Oct 29, 2008

OrochiKiyo posted:

Not necessarily "unique," just "[his] speciality." Because Arino's good at them, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

OrochiKiyo posted:

Obviously it will be a staff tournament of the Tokimeki Memorial puzzle game.