Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Getafe fans have awesome cigars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpSlHvUuRkc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

CaptainRightful posted:

Although it does look like the keeper comes off the line early every time (but isn't that always the case?).

Yeah, the keepers tend to come off their lines before the ball is kicked, but when the goal is scored it doesn't matter. I remember they enforced that law in one of the shootouts at the women's World Cup and they retook 3 or 4 of them.

It's mostly up to how dickish the referee is feeling that day. Most of the time they won't call it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Shouldn't the keeper be carded after the second offence? Unsporting behaviour and such?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaZJTNskbtw

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Vegetable posted:

Shouldn't the keeper be carded after the second offence? Unsporting behaviour and such?

The referee would have to be feeling extremely dickish to do that, and only if he felt the keeper was deliberately doing it to screw with the game. I can't imagine handing out a caution for that.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Hoooooolyy poo poo!

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

you are heskey's bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkx_DY8yEvw

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i hope mogwai is doing the soundtrack

wake up and be polite

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

lol this is so bizarre

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Wait they actually like him down there? Goddamn are Australians dumb.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Have they never seen Heskey play? Idgi

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Remember when Heskey started in south africa

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

real_scud posted:

Wait they actually like him down there? Goddamn are Australians dumb.

Sorry we appreciate pure football.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Didn't the MLS do this with Beckham right after he signed with the Galaxy? I remember it being profoundly stupid.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He gave away some of his tickets to some Man City fans on Twitter. :swoon:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Camera operator points camera at spot 5 yards outside of D, locks tripod, goes off to eat.

Gigi Galli posted:

Didn't the MLS do this with Beckham right after he signed with the Galaxy? I remember it being profoundly stupid.

I don't know if Sky Sports invented the concept, but they did Player Cam as one of the interactive options years ago - they stuck with one player for 15 minutes then moved on to another. It could sometimes be sporadically interesting if it happened to be, say, a central midfielder who otherwise doesn't get much screen time but still does a lot of work, but 90% of the time an individual player is jogging up and down the pitch and spitting, and it was quietly dropped a few years ago. Also it became a running joke that whoever was on Player Cam inevitably had the worst 15 minutes of their career.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Camera operator points camera at spot 5 yards outside of D, locks tripod, goes off to eat.

I don't know if Sky Sports invented the concept, but they did Player Cam as one of the interactive options years ago - they stuck with one player for 15 minutes then moved on to another. It could sometimes be sporadically interesting if it happened to be, say, a central midfielder who otherwise doesn't get much screen time but still does a lot of work, but 90% of the time an individual player is jogging up and down the pitch and spitting, and it was quietly dropped a few years ago. Also it became a running joke that whoever was on Player Cam inevitably had the worst 15 minutes of their career.

Yeah but its Emile heskey all they are going to see is him walking around , standing still and jumping (missing the ball) and flailing.

edit: that said...

..he's still my (and a generations) hero

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 25, 2012

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

I'm disappointed that it's not a GoPro strapped onto his head.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't doubt it, but I remember hearing that Sky did SvenCam for Eriksson's first game in charge of England. Not sure if it's true, but I really hope so.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
They normally have one camera trained on the dugout at all times for the inevitable managerial reaction shots, which irritate me strangely. What is being illuminated by us knowing that Jose Mourinho is happy that his team have scored? I don't mind them in other circumstances but they seem to cut to the manager reacting every single time a goal is scored now and it's really loving annoying.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They normally have one camera trained on the dugout at all times for the inevitable managerial reaction shots, which irritate me strangely. What is being illuminated by us knowing that Jose Mourinho is happy that his team have scored? I don't mind them in other circumstances but they seem to cut to the manager reacting every single time a goal is scored now and it's really loving annoying.
Sports on TV are shown with an attempt for telling the story as it unfolds. Crowd shots, dugout shots, manager shots etc are all part of delivering the narrative of the game with the full cast of characters. The more famous the manager/player the more you'll see their reactions to events. It's pretty standard fare these days. I think I'd notice it missing if they stopped, weirdly enough.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's a really strange thing to be bothered by.. The manager is as much a 'character' as the players, and we see their celebrations all the time.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
You would have to be a pretty odd fellow not to like watching some guy ruin a two thousand Euro suit by sliding along the pitch.

I like watching the managers get all mad when one of their players receives a foul or doesn't have a foul called in favor of them.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I wish i was the cameraman who was in charge of looking through the crowd for miserable looking pissed blokes dressed up as knights at England matches

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah we might as well just cut to a close up of the ball or something instead of the inevitable players celebrating, what is being illuminated by us knowing that rooney is happy he has scored?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Not to mention all the gorgeous gorgeous gifs we get out of the managers.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I saw that Zidane movie in cinemas a few years back and even the greatest footballer of my time was a bit boring when filmed nonstop for 90 minutes so I can't imagine sitting through Emile 'But what will we do about Wayne Rooney' Heskey

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Without dugout-cam, we'd miss out on Marcelo struggling to open a bottle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCH9lAIoecc

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

was waiting for terry's laser eyes to turn that ball black, then white again.

rats off to ya fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 25, 2012

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

The Spanish Ladies team beat Scotland yesterday with pretty much the last kick of extra time to go to Euro 2013 - the commentator seems happy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl1qXKGw2a0

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

rats off to ya posted:

was waiting for terry's laser eyes to turn that ball black, then white again.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

That's amazing.

Obviously there's a difference in culture, but whenever I hear commentary like that I like to imagine someone like Motson or Tyldsley doing similar.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Sweet christ I love you. Make that an AV size and I'll try and gift you an upgrade or some crap.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

JingleBells posted:

The Spanish Ladies team beat Scotland yesterday with pretty much the last kick of extra time to go to Euro 2013 - the commentator seems happy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl1qXKGw2a0
It's pretty good but he needs to get a lot louder ala Jack van Gelder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCKX_ympkBw

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Last week the Sydney FC game had Del Piero cam, which sounds pretty awesome imo.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Is the Heskey/Del Piero cam a camera that is just focused on the player for 90 minutes or is it actually attached to their person?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Tortuga posted:

Is the Heskey/Del Piero cam a camera that is just focused on the player for 90 minutes or is it actually attached to their person?

It's tracking them throughout the game

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Tortuga posted:

A camera attached to a player would be pretty interesting. Couldn't be a pov or anything but attach it to the front of their shirt or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Can't wait for boot cam to be invented

• Locked thread