Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

NotThatSamBeckett posted:

See, Smasher, I know Barry Bonds is worth a lot, but that requires people to offer me deals that don't include Bad Penny. Robin Roberts was good once, at least, and my park might make him "not bad."

No one in the Expansion is likely to trade me their best pitching, because, as per everyone but Rockford, they all feel short in the rotation.

I suppose I could just suck it up with what I've got and push him into the Super-Draft for some lucky team.

I accept that deal, if Smasher doesn't talk you out of it.

Also, my lineup was wrong. I'm phone-posting right now, I'll give the specifics/future instructions tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Mornacale posted:

I accept that deal, if Smasher doesn't talk you out of it.

Also, my lineup was wrong. I'm phone-posting right now, I'll give the specifics/future instructions tomorrow.

I really, really, really, really, really don't want to allow this trade. I think NotThatSamBeckett can, and should do better for his team.

So, let's sleep on it. If NotThatSamBeckett comes back tomorrow and tells me that he still wants to take this deal, I'll approve it. This isn't so outrageous a deal that I'm willing to veto it outright, but it's outrageous enough that I think I should give some of the other owners an longer opportunity to make better offers/shame NotThatSamBeckett into backing out of the deal.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Let me come up with a better offer! Not sure what, will put something together.

:siren: Lineup Advice for Expansion owners

It was just pointed out to me that a critical piece of advice has been omitted from the 'making lineups' post. The AI will run your catcher out for 162 games a year. Or at least it will try to do so, but your catchers knees will explode first. To rest your catcher you should assign your backup catcher as personal catcher for 1 or 2 starters in your rotation, or ensure they are platooned vs LHP/RHP.

If you only have him catch one starter, make sure it's not your 5th starter, because the AI will skip the 5th starter when it can and then your primary catcher won't get enough rest. I prefer to have my backup catch 2 guys, but my backup is decentish so the tradeoff is 'only' .080 points of OBP. That's a tradeoff you'll have to make yourself, but with an old creaky catcher or one who wasn't noted for durability catching your 4th and 5th starters with your backup probably isn't a terrible plan.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
I, uh, wow. That's a month. Literally everything went right that month.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

It was just pointed out to me that a critical piece of advice has been omitted from the 'making lineups' post. The AI will run your catcher out for 162 games a year. Or at least it will try to do so, but your catchers knees will explode first. To rest your catcher you should assign your backup catcher as personal catcher for 1 or 2 starters in your rotation, or ensure they are platooned vs LHP/RHP. an.

Oh, OK then; Make Ausmus Randy Johnson's personal catcher, and set whichever of Spiers or Figgins that has the higher defense as starting third baseman.

CraigK fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 25, 2012

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

TKBomber7285 posted:

The Rated R Superstars have agreed to a trade with the South Bolton Easy W's.

Superstars get
Dan Plesac
Stan Williams

Easy W's get
Howard Johnson

Dan Plesac will take John Rocker's spot as setup man while Stan Williams will replace Joquiam Benoit in short relief. We will promote David Freese to take the extra roster spot from Howard Johnson's departure.

Approved. Move HoJo in at 3rd for this week.

ForeverBWFC fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 25, 2012

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

cbx posted:

Injuries:
Syl Johnson - Oneida Spooners - 7 days
Steve Busby - Oneida Spooners - 136 days (Season ending)

:fut:

OK, take 1979 Splittorff out of AAA and stick him in there. Just knock Johnson out of the bullpen while he's out and make Quiz the set-up guy in his stead.

New Starting Rotation:
SP1 Ed Walsh (R)
SP2 Frank Smith (R)
SP3 Hooks Dauss (R)
SP4 Doc White (L)
SP5 Paul Splittorff (L)

Also, going to make a swap to my lineup seeing how bad Veach is doing and how well Morgan is.

New Lineup (no DH)
RF Harry Heilmann
CF Ty Cobb
1B Andres Galarraga
SS Joe Cronin
3B Scott Rolen
2B Joe Morgan
C Darrell Porter
LF Bobby Veach
P --

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

It was just pointed out to me that a critical piece of advice has been omitted from the 'making lineups' post. The AI will run your catcher out for 162 games a year. Or at least it will try to do so, but your catchers knees will explode first. To rest your catcher you should assign your backup catcher as personal catcher for 1 or 2 starters in your rotation, or ensure they are platooned vs LHP/RHP.

Yeah, you are probably right *grumble*

Assign Bob Boone as Bob Gibson's personal catcher.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

If you only have him catch one starter, make sure it's not your 5th starter, because the AI will skip the 5th starter when it can and then your primary catcher won't get enough rest. I prefer to have my backup catch 2 guys, but my backup is decentish so the tradeoff is 'only' .080 points of OBP. That's a tradeoff you'll have to make yourself, but with an old creaky catcher or one who wasn't noted for durability catching your 4th and 5th starters with your backup probably isn't a terrible plan.

But Carter is one of my only guys doing well :negative:

Make Walker Cooper Bill Gullickson's personal catcher.

And while I'm at it:

New Lineup:

1. Andre Dawson CF
2. Tim Raines 2B
3. Eddie Murray 1B
4. Billy Williams LF
5. Gary Carter C
6. Ron Santo 3B
7. Johnny Mize DH (if it isn't too much trouble, could you look and see how many ABs he got? I refuse to believe a HOFer didn't get a single hit all month as an everyday starter)
8. Cal Ripken SS
9. Ken Singleton RF

Monicro fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 25, 2012

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN

Well let's start with the obvious... a sub-.500 start is not what I wanted, but my team has won 5 of out the last 7 so all is not lost. Let's get to the breakdown

The Good

Chipper Jones has play like the future Hall of Famer he is.
Mel Harder has been holding down the middle of my rotation.
At DH Kingman is Killing the Ball, while Willie Jones has been getting on base just fine.

The Bad

HIT THE BALL YOU BASTARDS!!

I only have 3 players hitting above .250 and I have 4 players below the Mendoza Line
I need these guys to step it up.

The Ugly

Wow...I mean Wow.
That is one hell of a tire fire I have in my bullpen
5 of my 16 loses have come from there and this is unacceptable.
I would say more on it, but 1/2 of my pitching staff fill me with such rage that I can't... I just... can't. :negative:

The Fix

Let Promote Young to a starter(Which should have always been the case,but whatever.)
Drop Ortiz to MR
Promote Thompson to the 25 man and send down Hansen

:siren:New line-up:siren:

Lineups
(Vs. RHP w/DH)
1. Ennis (LF)
2. LaRoche (1B)
3. Kingman (DH)
4. Chipper Jones (3B)
5. Giles (2B)
6. Ashburn (CF)
7. Furcal (SS)
8. Estrada (C)
9. Drew (RF)

(Vs. LHP w/DH)
1. Furcal (SS)
2. LaRoche (1B)
3. Chipper Jones (3B)
4. Willie Jones (DH)
5. Giles (2B)
6. Ashburn (CF)
7. Canseco (LF)
8. Tettleton (C)
9. Drew (RF)

Shadow gamer fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 25, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

NotThatSamBeckett posted:

See, Smasher, I know Barry Bonds is worth a lot, but that requires people to offer me deals that don't include Bad Penny. Robin Roberts was good once, at least, and my park might make him "not bad."

No one in the Expansion is likely to trade me their best pitching, because, as per everyone but Rockford, they all feel short in the rotation.

I suppose I could just suck it up with what I've got and push him into the Super-Draft for some lucky team.

I can do something with Curt schilling I guess, though putting Ray Collins into the rotation is not the best idea I've ever had. What are you looking for?

edit: How old's your Nap lajoie. What pieces are you willing to move/what's on and off the table?

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 25, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Pungry posted:

New Lineup:
1. 2006 Placido Palanco, 2B
2. 1999 Jonny Damon, LF
3. 1999 Mike Sweeney, 1B
4. 1918 Babe Ruth, DH
5. 2006 Magglio Ordonez, RF
6. 1999 Joe Randa, 3B
7. 1999 Carlos Beltran, CF
8. 2006 Carlos Guillen, SS
9. 2006 Ivan Rodriguez, C

and I guess I should have *shudder* Chad Krueter *shudder play every once in a while to make sure Rodriguez doesn't get tired. Is there some way to make a dude play only once a week or something?

Also, I'd like Ordonez in the fifth spot, not Dye. Thought I posted it like that before.

You don't have Ordonez on your 28 man roster. Go ahead, check it. I'll wait.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

That is pretty good advice.

In that case, make Bob O'Farrell Pete Alexander's personal catcher.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I have a question about player ratings. My Derek Jeter is currently ranked 79/94. I can only assume that this is because he is young/a rookie, and it represents his current rating, and his potential rating. However, my Andy Pettite is just as young, and he is a straight up 92.

How does the game determine these split ratings, and how exactly does that reflect in the game?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

mks5000 posted:

I have a question about player ratings. My Derek Jeter is currently ranked 79/94. I can only assume that this is because he is young/a rookie, and it represents his current rating, and his potential rating. However, my Andy Pettite is just as young, and he is a straight up 92.

How does the game determine these split ratings, and how exactly does that reflect in the game?

The game uses a "farm system" to determine how each player, when young, will rate. Obviously, the scouts like Pettitte's stuff at an early age more than they like Jeter's tools, so Jeter got the lower rating with the higher potential, whereas Pettitte is believed to have neared his potential. Also, Pettitte has 2 years on Jeter, and the engine might have determined that Pettitte has entered his peak years while Captain Yank is still only 21 and has a few years before he hits his prime.

tl;dr: There are a few different factors that apply for ratings, but ratings aren't necessarily an accurate predictor of a player's performance.

DOEY2121
Oct 16, 2006

The Most Badass Ninja Around

Roster Moves:

Zito to #4 Starter, Shields to DL
Dan Wheeler from AAA to Middle Relief
Goose Gossage to Long Relief
Ramon Hernandez Personal Catcher for Hudson and Zito

Lineup Change

1-Carl Crawford
2-Tony Gwynn
3-Miguel Tejada
4-Ken Griffey Jr.
5-John Kruk
6-Evan Longoria
7-Ben Zobrist
8-Benito Santiago
9-Pitcher

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

oldskool, do you need an outfielder for your Bob Welch? Indian Bob Johnson hasn't worked out and needs a change of scenery.

Also, Juan Marichal comes back this sim, just put him in where Doug Fister is in the rotation and send Fister down to AAA for the rest of the sim.

EDIT: Give me some time to think if I actually do want to do a Johnson/Welch deal. I felt a strange chill for some reason.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 25, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Armitage posted:

EDIT: Give me some time to think if I actually do want to do a Johnson/Welch deal. I felt a strange chill for some reason.

Good, that means the device is working.

Oh, and the Superstars-Eazy W's trade is approved.

Smasher League Injury Report Week 16

No New Champions

Chicago Bobbleheads
Charlie Gehringer (2B) (Go Biggio or Go Home) - 16 days

Cologne Emperors
The Thornton Lee (SP) (Self-Reflection) - 10 days
Roberto Alomar (2B) (Messed with wrong umpire) - 17 days

Finger Lakes Phoenixes
Curt Schilling (SP) (Indicted in Rhode Island) - 10 days

Idaho Potatoes
Mike Flanagan (SP) (Got in a moose's way) - 15 days
Josh Gibson (C) (Made Escape Attempt, put in the Hole) - 8 days

Norfolk Splinter Cells
Ken Griffey (CF) (What's plan C at CF?) - 11 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Pete Alexander (SP) (Cthulhu's Revenge!) - 88 days

Ted Sox
Julio Franco (IF) (Filibustered!) - 37 days

Vice City Goose Eggs
Frank Tanana (SP) (He ran...he ran so far away....understand...he ran both night and day....couldn't get away...) - 20 days

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

/\ Or, you know, do this next week. Also, fun Vice City reference.

You can't kill me, I'm already dead!

Thome to DH for the week, let's hope Martinez can play third for a week. Bench Sosa and replace him with Manny. Send down Cliff Lee, replace him with El Tiante.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Grimes to #5, everyone else moves up one.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
And put Johnson back in for Lee.Collins hast to grit his teeth and play 2B alone till Alomar returns.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
NotThatSamBeckett, allow me to solemnly pledge to you right now that if you trade me 1986 Barrold Bonds, the SuperLeague WILL see the legendary Triple Bonds before my days are done.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mornacale posted:

NotThatSamBeckett, allow me to solemnly pledge to you right now that if you trade me 1986 Barrold Bonds, the SuperLeague WILL see the legendary Triple Bonds before my days are done.

You're a madman.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

Mornacale posted:

Triple Bonds against Quad Foxx. The world needs to see this.

Actually, if I had the 5th, we could theoretically play all the Bonds in the outfield and all the Foxxes in the infield (and our pitchers would have an ERA in the teens)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

At least Doug Fister's rebounded kinda okay I guess. Put him in Tanana's spot.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Armitage posted:

At least Doug Fister's rebounded kinda okay I guess. Put him in Tanana's spot.

He's already in your rotation.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Operation Offensive Juggernaut is go! And to think, they all laughed at Snuffy. Now all we need is some halfway decent pitching, and for Whitey Ford to get some wins. In fact, we just need wins.

Roster Changes:

Bring Saberhagen in as #3 Pitcher. Move Stottlemeyer into Saberhagen's relief postion. Move Bouton to #5 pitcher.

Hatteberg becomes the personal catcher to Bouton.

Trade Stuff:

The Arguments still need starting pitching. I am keen to pick up a good righty starter.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Guillen to LF, Stargell to RF, Cobb to CF.
gently caress.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Smasher Dynamo posted:

He's already in your rotation.

Marichal's back, so he should be in my rotation too. Didn't expect Fister to have to stick around. If Marichal isn't then he replaces Tanana

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
[img]BannerTED.png[/img]

From the Desk of Moose, Ted Sox Executive Director

Julio Franco has taken some time off to be with his family, we ask that the media respect his privacy at this time.

To replace him, we have brought in a scrappy young kid named Eddie Stanky. He is now in charge of field ops for the right side of the defense.

Additionally, Wilie Mays, a great young kid, will be moving up in the campaign to help push our message along.

Onward and forward to a brighter day in the Super League.

Line up:

1. RF Tris Speaker L
2. CF Willie Mays R
3. 1B Palmerio L
4. DH Juan Gonzales R
5. LF Jim Rice R
6. C Ivan Rodrigues R
7. SS Ray Chapman R
8. 2B Eddie Stanky
9. 3B Brooks Robinson R

Evans Catching:

1. RF Tris Speaker L
2. CF Willie Mays R
3. 1B Palmerio L
4. DH Juan Gonzales R
5. LF Jim Rice R
6. 3B Brooks Robinson R
7. SS Ray Chapman R
8. 2B Eddie Stanky R
9. C Al Evans R

Mooseontheloose fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 25, 2012

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

cbx posted:

You don't have Ordonez on your 28 man roster. Go ahead, check it. I'll wait.

oh god dammit, you're right. Alright Jermaine, time to prove yourself. Make the change with Guillen and Palanco though.

Also, have Joe Krueter catch my fourth starter. That's regardless of who it is.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League VII, Dynamo League Week 16: The Viscount Man's Burden

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

DERVISHES TAKE TWO TITLES WITH 8-4 SHELLACKING OF BANGERS

Fukuoka- The Bangers stumbled late, and, as a result, the Dervishes became the 3rd Unified European and United States Champions in Super-League history.

Having lost the first two games of the three-game set, the pressure was on the Bangers to avoid the sweep. Unfortunately, their relief pitching had a complete meltdown, with Rollie Fingers giving up three backbreaking runs in the ninth inning to force the Bangers to drop the titles they themselves had taken from the Unspecifieds five weeks earlier.

Granted, Marauder did seem largely different after the game, "These titles come and go, the only championship that lasts forever is the Super-League Championship. The Dervishes can take these fleeting titles, but hold them close, Beet! For they can be taken from you just as quickly as they were taken from me. As for my own team, we will always be champions. That Super-League III Banner, though largely defamatory, will forever be ours. What do the Dervishes have that is similarly eternal? Nothing. They too will be forgotten in time."

Asked about the Unspecifieds who, as a result of this game, have pulled within three-and-a-half games of the Bangers, Marauder was dismissive as usual, "As yes, the Unspecifieds, whose very identity is centered around vagueness. Yes, I'm sure that after surviving the Skyhawks, Oranges, Losers, Murderbots, Vigilantes and Unicorns, that my Bangers are finally going to be beaten by a team so lacking in substance that they do not even have a logo. I hate to steal from as mediocre an owner as Senerio, but, please show me the proper amount of respect. The Unspecifieds have done well to come this far, but I have the feeling that next week's series against the Dervishes ought to take the wind out of their sails. Failing that, we'll take care of them ourselves the week after. I know that it would be a great story for the twice-damned Unspecifieds to rise up and take out the diabolical Finger-Bangers, but that is a story that does not have a happy ending."

Beet was more succint in his comments, "Won titles. Feel good. Take revenge on world soon."

Box Score

Alistair Asquith Allenby, The 14th Viscount Slim posted:

Dearest Penelope,

What a remarkable turn of events these past few days have seen!

It all began not too long ago at the gentleman's society. I was enjoying my nightly brandy when Marauder, one of the more disagreeable men I have ever had the mispleasure of knowing, entered and began boasting that, much as usual, he had wholly subdued the other teams in his division, virtually assuring himself yet another playoff berth.

I challenged his assertion, for my own cursory research into the subject indicated his position was not nearly as secure as he claimed, and, thus goaded, viciously retorted that a man such as myself, who was trailing an expansion team in his own division, was in no position to comment on the success of others.

Hurt though I may have been, I could not deny the veracity of his larger point. What have I accomplished this campaign? Oh, my team has never been in much danger of relegation, it is true, but I have been allowed the Bulldogs to possess what is rightfully mine for far too long.

With that in mind, I launched a new offensive directly aimed at taking control of the Memento Mori Division. Four times we met the Bulldogs in battle, and four times we turned them back, breaking their hold over the division and shattering their elan.

Today's final battle was the most impressive yet. The Bulldogs had sent out Joe Wood, their most feared starter, to lead their troops, and yet we were able to crush him all the same. Finally, these upstart Bulldogs have been put in their place. It was not proper for such an inexperienced team to usurp the rightful place of their elders. We Imperialists deserve to own this division from now until we decide we are ready to relinquish it to another team of our choosing. That is the proper course of things!

And now, we shall be sure to enforce it.

With Love,

A.A.A., The Viscount Slim

Box Score

Don May posted:

DAYDREAMERS SNEAK PAST SUPERBAS 2-1

Poughkeepsie- The Superbas are like a low-speed car wreck. Traffic slows down as people turn to gawk, but they come away disappointed when, instead of a ghastly wreck, all the see is a couple of cars with dented fenders, and a couple of people exchanging insurance information.

Today, the Superbas played pretty well, but lost when Brooks Robinson hit a game-winning home run in the twelfth to send the Superbas to yet another extra-innings loss.

After the game, Adam Dunn took control of the post-game press conference, "Forget about today's game! What about Dunn Force! It's been canceled! And I think that is a much bigger deal than a game between two teams that are going to get relegated. We need to get together and do something before it's too late. I know that Dunn Force is the future of this thread, but Smasher is just blind to it! And I had great plans for season two! I was going to have it turn out that Adam Dunn had a twin brother, and they were separated at birth, and the twin was raised to be a ninja pirate! Also, some sort of girl Dunn because my marketing people told me that you have to have at least one female character for demographic reasons or whatever. You know how those things work. So, what I'm asking for is a petition to reinstate Dunn Force. Together, we can force Smasher to uncancel us! Come you, you bastards, you did it for Firefly, and we're a way better show than that!"

As for the people of Poughkeepsie, they were downbeat after the loss, and not even the weekly fish-fry could restore their spirits, especially after a freak accident ended up injuring Superbas' second baseman Ian Kinsler, who evidently did not understand that a large pot of boiling oil can be dangerous if handled improperly. Doctors say that the remaining 85% of Kinsler will make a full recovery in six to nine months.

Box Score

Numbers Are Fun...Sometimes...Not Today, Though

Analysis

I was doing some more thinking about why your power numbers are so low, and I guess it probably comes down to the fact that you don't really have many true sluggers. Traynor, Yount, Waner, Speaker, and Crawford are not guys who hit a ton of home runs. Parrish and Berra have decent power for catchers, but split plate appearances. Hornsby was a power hitter eventually, but not in '18. That leaves Cabrera who is probably going to finish with 20 home runs, but about 50 doubles. In conclusion, you don't have gaudy power numbers because you just don't have power hitters. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Analysis

Despite what I wrote Dunn to say, I don't know that the Daydreamers are necessarily going to get relegated. They've had some bad injury luck, but I think there's a kernel of a good team in there.

Analysis

And the Imperialists win out for the week to take a two-game lead in the Memento Mori Division. gently caress, I was kind of hoping that at least one new team would make the Dynamo League playoffs.

Analysis

Only five games back and a fundamentally sound team. As for your pursuit of Bonds, if you aren't going to free Valenzuela, you might as well add him to your trade offer.

Analysis

Nothing fancy about the Dervishes, they're just a solid team. Now, if you had one more stud pitcher, you'd probably be the runaway best team in the league.

Analysis

The Oranges won five straight to open the month, and then lost thirteen straight. And they're still in second place in their division.

Analysis

Amazingly, resting your players in July is not the wisest thing that you've ever done.

Analysis

Tough week, but hey, doesn't if feel nice to have Willie Mays hit like Willie May for once?

Analysis

If nothing else, at least we've found proof that Mike Schmidt can be good in the Super-League.

Analysis

Trade Bonds if you have to, but don't give Cthulhu Bonds and Lajoie under any circumstance.

Analysis

Bad time to have a bad week.

Analysis

Can Reggie Jackson save the Superbas?

No, probably not.

Analysis

The Generics' charge for the Dies Irae Division title has stalled now that the Dervishes have woken up.

Analysis

The Losers aren't really having a good month, but since the Oranges are having such a bad month of their own, the Losers are pretty close to locking their division up, from a practical standpoint, at least.

Analysis

You better hope that you don't have any injuries, because you don't have a single player in your minors you can call up.

Analysis

Hey, on the plus side, shareholders are not held personally liable for the losses of their corporation!

Standings and Leaders

Playoff/Gauntlet Picture

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

OK, OK, you win. Five man rotation.

Pedro
Roger
Joba
Falkenberg
Kevin Brown

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I still demand my best of 7 match.

Without moving anyone in the lineup, Aaron to CF and Jackson to LF, also do the personal catcher thing I had said

Senerio fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 26, 2012

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Even if I have been playing around .500 ball for the last 6 weeks, I still hold the best record in the entire Dynamo League...

Now what to do with this Wetteland injury? Send Wetteland to the DL and call up JJ Putz to replace him.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Rochester Generics
Heh, Kaline is disappointing but Hafey has some ridiculous offensive numbers, figures. In light of that, make the lineup as follows --

Lineup:
Nomar Garciaparra SS
Tony Gwynn RF
Jeff Kent 3B
Chick Hafey CF
Robinson Cano 2B
Goose Goslin LF
Yogi Berra C
Al Kaline CF
[Pitcher Slot] P

Also, how's Niekro been doing since he was put back in the rotation? Tiant needs to be put back in the rotation at fourth ASAP, but would like to know if Niekro has settled down a bit.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Hey, I made some sample banners for new teams that commemorate past secondary title reigns, I'm not sure that I'll make any more unless people want them, though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Hey, I made some sample banners for new teams that commemorate past secondary title reigns, I'm not sure that I'll make any more unless people want them, though.

Why look to the past like that? All of those people are washed up FORMER champions, whereas I am your CURRENT Intercontinental Champion. :smug:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Promote from AAA:
Johnson

Send to AAA or wherever injured guys go:
McGraw

Coveleski's Personal Catcher:
Bresnahan

New Lineup:

vs. Righties

LF Kelley
CF Speaker
2B Stephenson
RF Snider
1B Hodges
C Campanella
3B Cronin
SS Sewell

vs. Lefties

LF Kelley
2B Stephenson
CF Speaker
RF Snider
1B Hodges
C Campanella
SS Cronin
3B Robinson

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Obit coming soon....when I have a bit more cover...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm on my phone and can't do my pic but I'm Catalina 2 Fish 1 Bubble. My lineup was wrong for the first month and Wally Joyner must be on his mission because he is not listed on my team. I will do a proper post when I get to my computer but didn't want to hold anything up.