Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
More best faces for the best face pile!

:heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Gnome de plume posted:

So Rose wants Kanaya to introduce her to the Club scene.
She can't half-rear end it either. Rose really wants her to put her Heart into it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Gnome de plume posted:

I think Gamzee's gonna do that :ohdear:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

Everyone in the clubs getting tips.

shots shots shotsshotshotsshots

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Honestly, after Vrista/BetaJohn, Davesprite/Jade, Terezi/Dave, and Terezi/Gamzee, I thought all the romantic moments were going to happen offstage and every moment we get to watch would be nothing but heartbreak and disappointment. Which made this all the more a pleasant surprise.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bobulus posted:

With the stairs there, Rose is almost doing the same pose as Jake kissing Dirk's head.

Grate falls down, slices Kanaya's head clean off, mid-kiss. Rose is traumatized for life.

Seriously though, that was great. More than the absolutely :3: kiss scene, I'm just kinda proud of Rose right now. She's evolved from the shitawful place she was in during Act 5 with her shutting out her friends and getting manipulated by Doc Scratch and going all :black101: broodfester throes :black101:

She's gotten pretty good at this human emotion called friendship. :unsmith:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

More best faces for the best face pile!

:heysexy:

The "Not sure if she's making a swag face, or is drunkenly squinting from the light. Maybe both." face pile.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Awww. :3:

I am honestly impressed with how ominous that grate is. The shot is so loving conspicuously framed to include that grate, and that wall is just so outrageously featureless with the exception of that grate.

It's really worrying! :ohdear:

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

I am ready for more murder clown rampage.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Rose and Kanaya are the cutest thing in Homestuck by miles :3
Also, props on Hussie actually trying to make auspistice a real thing.

Seoinin posted:

Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steeve.
:iceburn:

Bongo Bill posted:

Rose really does take after Dirk, doesn't she? More than she does Roxy, and even, I'd say, more than Dave does Dirk. The digressions into philosophy, the reserved demeanor, the monumental literary exploits, the audacious solo plans involving dying, the flashstep, and now, the provocation of very dramatic kisses.
Flipways, we've seen that Roxy's valleygirl personality is an ironic facade, to the point where it prevents her from conveying competence and expressing genuine emotion.

snucks fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 26, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rose really does take after Dirk, doesn't she? More than she does Roxy, and even, I'd say, more than Dave does Dirk. The digressions into philosophy, the reserved demeanor, the monumental literary exploits, the audacious solo plans involving dying, the flashstep, and now, the provocation of very dramatic kisses.

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
And just like that, a million shippers just squee'd in excitement.

Except this whole snogging another girl thing is just typical drunk girl behavior, so don't get your hopes up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Adorable, cringe inducing and with a healthy dose of clownfear too!

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Rose's foot isn't even touching that step.

It's going to happen.

And then it's going to keep happening.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
YOU'RE THE BEST
AROUND
NOTHIN'S GONNA EVER KEEP YOU DOWN

It was as if a million ships set off at once, and then silence
Seriously though, fukken adorbs.

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Also I'm pretty sure that this is the first official kiss in Homestuck that didn't involve a dead person. Am I right in this? Or am I forgetting something?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Silva posted:

Also I'm pretty sure that this is the first official kiss in Homestuck that didn't involve a dead person. Am I right in this? Or am I forgetting something?

Spades Slick and Snowman, in the header of this page and the next two.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 26, 2012

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

Spades Slick and Snowman.

Oh, right! Except that was more of a hatesnog, but I think that still counts I guess.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Dawwwww. :3:

I hope Gamzee keeps his faygo sticky tentsquatting rear end out of this. :ohdear:

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Well, it finally happened. And I for one, say it's about loving time.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Silva posted:

Equius and Aradia, if hatesnoggin' a possessed robot counts. pretty much just corpsesmoochin', otherwise.

Although technically, Kanaya is undead. Er, right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The best part of this update was Kanaya admitting that she's done trying to kill Gamzee :)

And Rose don't you loving dare try to ruin Gamzee and Kanaya's hatelove :mad:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silva posted:

Didn't Vriska kiss Tavros back on Alternia while she was wearing the dress that Kanaya made for her?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Cthulhuchan posted:

Although technically, Kanaya is undead. Er, right?

No such thing as the undead. She's just luminescent, durable, and has an unusual dietary need.

Stayton
May 20, 2006

A girl who will put you in a full nelson is worth fighting for.

Ariong posted:

Don't worry, this is a great moment. Nothing can ruin this, short of murder.

Actually there is one other way...

We do a slow zoom down the hall to Dave. He is holding a boombox above his head Cusack style. Then he presses Play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXjPfdauFX4

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mystic Mongol posted:

No such thing as the undead. She's just luminescent, durable, and has an unusual dietary need.
That's one thing I'm not sure I ever understood. Was she never dead in the first place? Can she ever die? In her introduction I think it's hinted that chainsaws were used to hunt Rainbow Drinkers in her stories, so would the only way she could die be by her own weapon? Gah, stupid made-up vampire rules ruin everything.

Also, you guys have astounding abilities to remember kissing scenes. drat.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It's almost Halloween. I've seen plenty of horror movies. Lesbians making out? Killer on the loose? Andrew Hussie?

They'll be dead next update.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Stayton posted:

Actually there is one other way...

We do a slow zoom down the hall to Dave. He is holding a boombox above his head Cusack style. Then he presses Play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXjPfdauFX4

I fail to see how this ruins anything.

If anything it would make it absolutely fantastic

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Olivia42 posted:

That's one thing I'm not sure I ever understood. Was she never dead in the first place? Can she ever die? In her introduction I think it's hinted that chainsaws were used to hunt Rainbow Drinkers in her stories, so would the only way she could die be by her own weapon? Gah, stupid made-up vampire rules ruin everything.

Mid level and above on the Hemospectrum and you're one absurdly tough troll. Karkat (technically lime green?) got stabbed a bunch of times. Vriska got an arm and half her face blown off, and she just sorta sat around her hive for a while sending Terezi instant messages. Plus, Kanaya spent a few months playing Sgrub, raising her stats, as one of the players who actually did her role and helped fight monsters regularly.

She's a tough lady.

Stayton
May 20, 2006

A girl who will put you in a full nelson is worth fighting for.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I fail to see how this ruins anything.

If anything it would make it absolutely fantastic

Neil Diamond is never appropriate.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Olivia42 posted:

Also, you guys have astounding abilities to remember kissing scenes. drat.

I think it was implied to be a zombie-killing weapon, not a rainbowdrinker-killing weapon.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Mid level and above on the Hemospectrum and you're one absurdly tough troll. Karkat (technically lime green?) got stabbed a bunch of times. Vriska got an arm and half her face blown off, and she just sorta sat around her hive for a while sending Terezi instant messages. Plus, Kanaya spent a few months playing Sgrub, raising her stats, as one of the players who actually did her role and helped fight monsters regularly.

She's a tough lady.

Meanwhile, Feferi got her poo poo permanently wrecked by one shot from a wand-weilding rear end in a top hat

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Mystic Mongol posted:

You mean aside from the stated (though never observed) ravening undead that stalked the days and dunes surrounding her home. It's just not clear if Kanaya is actually undead, or just in an altered biological state but still living.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Meanwhile, Feferi got her poo poo permanently wrecked by one shot from a wand-weilding rear end in a top hat

Remind me--was there any evidence Feferi played a significant role in the troll session? She might have been a much lower level than Kanaya, who Karkat said was the only person who reliably played her role in operation Regisurp.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Remind me--was there any evidence Feferi played a significant role in the troll session? She might have been a much lower level than Kanaya, who Karkat said was the only person who reliably played her role in operation Regisurp.

I think the only ones it SPECIFICALLY mentions are Gamzee and Vriska in the fight against the Black King, and... I want to say Terezi? Doing a thing to exile the Black Queen. And then of course Kanaya and Aradia had frog breeding and time duties respectively.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
And that Tavros spent most of the session playing tag with the prospitians.

The useless twerp.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also Eridan killed a fuckton of angels

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Angels that drop neither grist nor exp.

Why were you so terrible, Eridan.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I think the deal is that Trolls can just generally take a lot of damage and lose a lot of blood and still live, unless you punch a giant hole through their torso and spine like some kind of Mortal Kombat move.

Mystic Mongol posted:

From the convo Kanaya had with her, it seems that while Kanaya did the Jade thing, Feferi she was the Derse or Rose equivalent in hearing prophecies from the Elder Gods, which seems fairly useful. She also was the only one close enough to bring Sollux back to life when he died helping her into the session.

She also was the one who convinced the Dlder Gods to create the dream bubbles, apparently. And, having a sprite that was an Elder God probably helped in fighting off the very enemies that particular prototyping helped to bring into existence. Plus, most of the trolls apparently downright slaughtered their denizens before they could get a word in edgewise.

Also, according to Aradia everyone was pretty drat tricked out level/move/gear-wise by the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Mystic Mongol posted:

She also got shot through the heart rather than through the abdomen like Kanaya. That said, it says "DEAD." right here. The "DEAD." text never lies. :colbert:

(I guess if she'd been murdered more thoroughly she probably would have had a harder time coming back, though.)