Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
yeah thanks bro sorry if i offended you and that. difficult to find in a shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Are http://www.soccers-jersey.co.uk/ legit? They seem really cheap and are offering our current away shirt with Mascherano's name on the back, so I'm assuming they're dodgy or fake?

edit: also, they don't seem to know the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland...

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Looking at the page title, I'm going to say they're not legit

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW
Just got the City Euro Away kit in the mail. It does not come in a box but it's probably the best looking shirt I've owned.

Really gonna miss umbro. :sassargh:

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Lladre posted:

A culture that Franco and his regime actively tried to eradicate.

You are confusing basques with catalans mate.

edit: appropriate image.

Voluspa fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 28, 2012

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Voluspa posted:

You are confusing basques with catalans mate.

No I am not. He tried to eradicate the Basque culture as well.

That is why people from my generation had Castillian names instead of the Basque or Catalan equivalents.

Edit: to include relevant example.

Letters were changed and the flag was replaced with two red stripes over gold.

Lladre fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 28, 2012

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

onoflalks posted:

Looking at the page title, I'm going to say they're not legit

Or, in their own word(s) "In a word, you will not disappoint when you cost several minutes in our website."

Their news section is great though, where else can you read about League Cup - Torres Mata mass shooting two will be at sub-ball :psyduck:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Does anybody know what goalie gloves Pepe Reina wears? From googling I know he used to wear Uhlsport Cerebrus' or Bionik X-Change, but with sponsorship and the like it's probably changed, and Uhlsport don't have him as a 'brand ambassador' on their website.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Does anybody know what goalie gloves Pepe Reina wears? From googling I know he used to wear Uhlsport Cerebrus' or Bionik X-Change, but with sponsorship and the like it's probably changed, and Uhlsport don't have him as a 'brand ambassador' on their website.

At the bottom of their main gloves page it does say "Worn by Liverpool's Pepe Reina, see them at Anfield!" and on the 2012 Collection page it says "Also Uhlsport promotional partner Pepe Reina (FC Liverpool / Spain) wears the new Cerberus Absolutgrip Handbett!" so it looks like he still wears them.

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

Worth checking if your local JJB's one of the 20 still open in the uk, everything's half price. I just got an Arsenal home shirt for £22.50. They didn't have many home shirts in mens sizes but there were tons of the purple away, both Arsenal keeper tops, all sorts of England shirts, Spain, Portugal and Holland home and loads of scummy Chelsea and Barca shirts I didn't go near. Nothing I bothered to look at had names on the back.

Also boots and stuff obviously, but the boxes were all in a pile on the floor with loads of mums going mad in the middle. My mate from Sports Direct was drafted in to work and said they had shitloads of shirts and stuff from other stores in the back that they're putting out tomorrow.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Very no.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Good to know what gloves to avoid, I guess.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
if anyone cares sports direct are having a sale on england shirts today

http://www.sportsdirect.com/daily-deals/wednesday-daily-deals?utm_source=sd-121010&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wednesday

icechris
Aug 26, 2008

Nothing is hotter than a chick who could kill you with her bare hands

New Wales away kit posted on twitter by one of the coaches.

Has an entirely green back which imo makes it look a bit weird

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
It looked like that just sew it all together.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think it'd be better if the sleeves were also "offset", like a Blackburn kit.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I like the long sleeve but I think it looks stupid as a short sleeve. I consistently have bad taste though

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Looks like Nike's sale of Umbro is pretty much done:
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/10/24/nike-to-sell-umbro-brand-to-iconix-for-225-million/

quote:

Nike said on Wednesday that it planned to sell its Umbro soccer brand to the Iconix Brand Group for $225 million to slim down its product offerings.
[...]
The transaction will pass Umbro to Iconix, a “virtual” fashion company run by Neil Cole, brother of the designer Kenneth Cole. It essentially licenses brands to retailers like Wal-Mart Stores and Target that actually manufacture and sell the merchandise.

“Umbro is a true, authentic football brand with a global loyal consumer fan base, and we are thrilled to be adding it to our portfolio of iconic brands,” Neil Cole said in a statement.

So Umbro and football are both dead I guess?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

icechris posted:

New Wales away kit posted on twitter by one of the coaches.

Has an entirely green back which imo makes it look a bit weird

In the bottom picture there's something below the Welsh crest. What is it? Without that thing you'd get something in the top picture where the crest looks a little too high beside the number.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

Vegetable posted:

In the bottom picture there's something below the Welsh crest. What is it? Without that thing you'd get something in the top picture where the crest looks a little too high beside the number.

Mostly likely a "vs. *Nations flag*" with teh date of the game.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

luvd posted:

Mostly likely a "vs. *Nations flag*" with teh date of the game.

Nah, it's this;

"[The] best play, play together"

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Nah, it's this;

"[The] best play, play together"

Nah, look at the shirt of number 4. It has the stuff luvd said.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jyrka posted:

Nah, look at the shirt of number 4. It has the stuff luvd said.

My mistake, I thought he meant directly under the crest - the motto scroll is very similar to how England have their versus so and so bit at the moment.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Anyone had any issues with shirt sizes on soccer triads? Was going to order the City 3rd shirt, but when I got an England shirt a few years ago in my size, it was MASSIVE. Is that a common thing?

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 24, 2012

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Anyone had any issues with shirt sizes on soccer triads? Was going to order the City 3rd shirt, but when I got an England shirt a few years ago in my size, it was MASSIVE. Is that a common thing?
I had the opposite problem where my xl came and it was the same size as the medium.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I've ordered mediums that were pretty baggy on me for some kits, but one medium that is tight if anything. Different makes though, Puma was quite baggy, Adidas was tight, I've got a Nike France home kit that fits pretty well. But ymmv, I'm tall and wide in the shoulders with a small chest so things that fit me well don't usually fit others and vice versa.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheIllestVillain posted:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/509807

They're both XL, my one (home) fits more like a large but it's still good. The seller has close ups of the badges on each page, the nike ticks and such are edited out on Aliexpress so the merchants don't get done in for selling 'replicas'.

Well almost a month later and this came in the mail.

The Soldado one is for the wife. It is quite translucent though.
Also the 3 logo thingy is missing from the sleeve.

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
Is that Premier League lettering/number on the Valencia shirt?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's been rumoured for a while...

quote:

Arsenal are on the verge of signing a £25 million-a-year kit deal with Adidas, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

The club’s contract with Nike expires in 2013-14 and Adidas’s interest is set to hugely improve the £13 million a year Arsenal earn from it. Arsenal fans buy 800,000 shirts every year, the third biggest number in Nike’s portfolio after Manchester United and Barcelona.

Adidas dropped Liverpool last season after growing frustrated with the club’s demands over an extension and are keen to find a new partner of similar stature.

Now it is understood Adidas is hoping to renew an association with Arsenal that ended in the mid-1990s after taking the strategic decision to “own” London.

Adidas is also believed to be set to conclude a deal with Fulham.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9634840/Arsenal-set-to-sign-25-million-shirt-deal-with-Adidas.html

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

quote:

Adidas dropped Liverpool last season after growing frustrated with the club’s demands over an extension and are keen to find a new partner of similar stature.
Good luck!

cmcxon
Feb 12, 2007
A related mock up I've seen elsewhere for what it's worth...(nothing)

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

quote:

Now it is understood Adidas is hoping to renew an association with Arsenal that ended in the mid-1990s after taking the strategic decision to “own” London.

Welcome back!

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
Nike is my favourite sports brand :qq:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Nike shirts are a bit too form fitting for me (im fat).

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If adidas can do a "classic" kit it'd be more than good enough

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
After the horrible poo poo that Nike's CEO said at Joe Paterno's funeral, I've been hoping that Arsenal would switch kit makers. It's the only Nike branded item that I wanted to buy.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

a top top lad posted:

Is that Premier League lettering/number on the Valencia shirt?

The Valencia jersey is definitely not "correct" It was disappointing since the Barca jersey is dead on (except for the 3 patch).

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

cmcxon posted:

A related mock up I've seen elsewhere for what it's worth...(nothing)

That's pretty nice. Do ALL Adidas kits have the shoulder stripes then? Is it like, a rule?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hoops posted:

That's pretty nice. Do ALL Adidas kits have the shoulder stripes then? Is it like, a rule?

Not necessarily, it's just a very common template. Some of my Milan kits have them, and others don't. My NE Revolution kit doesn't have them either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
american plastics should need some new arsenal kits