Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Kifisonfire posted:

Like Marogareh said, it can be extremely fiddly. Sometimes I'll get it on my first jump, others it will take a few minutes. The rest is fairly straight forward though, just be careful not to clip into the wrong rock as you can get stuck.
At 1:30 in your video, pause it. See that bright rock to the right of your gun? That's a much better reference point, aim slightly up/right from it.

To ensure that you'll get stuck in the air, face about 180 from that, aim about 45 degrees up, make sure you're in the corner of the two invisible walls, hold forward, and try to jump. If you can't jump, that's the hotness. Turn around, face the point I mentioned above, hold back and jump. So far I've nailed it every time, with a slight chance of elevatoring up half the way. If you do get the elevator (basically running straight up), make sure to stop before you hit the top or you'll go over the wall and fall to your death, requiring a save/quit to reload the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Illumination posted:

Torgue shotguns are a thing of beauty dude.

I'm still running a 6783x16 blue Torgue shotgun and it wrecks bosses with The Bee. A couple times I've failed to hit the B0r3 spot on Bnk3r and still nearly one shot him.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
I think that's more the Bee doing the wrecking. 6800x16 is going to kick rear end when you add 50,000+ damage to each pellet regardless of manufacturer.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I think that's more the Bee doing the wrecking. 6800x16 is going to kick rear end when you add 50,000+ damage to each pellet regardless of manufacturer.

It's absolutely a delivery mechanism for stupid amounts of Bee damage. x16 each time I pull the trigger is pretty hilarious though. I've had individual hits crit as high as 910k with Mark and deception bonuses.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Yeah, that's why I sold The Bee. Making the game laughably trivial just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
One of the things I really dislike about this game is the fact that I have to go into the network options menu every time I play because the game doesn't save the setting. What the gently caress?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I'm still running a 6783x16 blue Torgue shotgun and it wrecks bosses with The Bee. A couple times I've failed to hit the B0r3 spot on Bnk3r and still nearly one shot him.

There is an instakill spot on him? I guess that makes sense. I hit him on the underside once with a 680 damage e-tech AR and it sapped his whole bar instantly. This was approximately level 30.

You guys weren't kidding about TVHM. That poo poo doesn't gently caress around.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

abaddonis posted:

There is an instakill spot on him? I guess that makes sense. I hit him on the underside once with a 680 damage e-tech AR and it sapped his whole bar instantly. This was approximately level 30.

Yeah, if you hit him just above the rim around the edge slightly towards the top apparently B0re penetrates then gets stuck inside the model, rattles around in there and you hear a buzzing sound as he dies instantly while you get an absurd amount of crits. I didn't really get the hang of doing it intentionally, but it happens a lot accidentally with a shotgun that fires lots of projectiles or a SMG.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Not long after I posted, I found an industrial thinking, so my corrosive shotgun problems are solved for the moment.

There are so many bandits in sawtooth caldron. So many. I pretty much emptied all my weapons while I was there and they still kept coming, I had to make a dash for the exit while being fired on. I don't think that's ever happened before.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

New golden key codes!

Twitter:

360: WTC33-SBCHW-69FBR-WFT3T-CJXH5
PS3: 5BWJT-JTW53-BCK53-HTWTJ-FZT6B

Facebook:

360: 5TWT3-3RWHC-XHRJR-CFB3J-9KRRS
PS3: K3CJJ-BJ9BK-WRT3B-B3BB3-BX9RC

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Samurai Sanders posted:

Not long after I posted, I found an industrial thinking, so my corrosive shotgun problems are solved for the moment.

There are so many bandits in sawtooth caldron. So many. I pretty much emptied all my weapons while I was there and they still kept coming, I had to make a dash for the exit while being fired on. I don't think that's ever happened before.

It's an interesting map. The indoor cavern area is a colossal clusterfuck. If your party has a good sniper, you can actually hit all the "raise the flag" areas from the top area with the Fast Travel station.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Merry Marauder posted:

It's an interesting map. The indoor cavern area is a colossal clusterfuck. If your party has a good sniper, you can actually hit all the "raise the flag" areas from the top area with the Fast Travel station.
There's also an exclamation point and a vending machine that on the map appear to be in that cavern, but I have no idea where they are. Quest markers show whether they are above or below you on the map but nothing else does.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's also an exclamation point and a vending machine that on the map appear to be in that cavern, but I have no idea where they are. Quest markers show whether they are above or below you on the map but nothing else does.

The (Ammo) vending machine is there in the cavern, by the elevator up to that enormous platform buzzard base. It does kinda blend in, and is easy to miss in the chaos there. The quest marker is up top. Main quest takes you there, but you have to go on the periphery of the platform to pick it up.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Its funny how you can hit the jackpot with these golden keys or you can get something totally useless for your character that you will instantly sell. I just used the two new keys and on the first I got two class mods for two characters I'm not playing at all right now. The second key was a pretty awesome Vladof explosive assault rifle AND a sweet E-tech sniper rifle where the bullets ricochet all over the place. I kind of like that I have no idea what its going to be.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Illumination posted:

Torgue shotguns are a thing of beauty dude.

My favorite part of them is the names, really. A while back I picked up a "Sinewy Hulk." Sinewy. Hulk. Just saying is sexy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lotish posted:

My favorite part of them is the names, really. A while back I picked up a "Sinewy Hulk." Sinewy. Hulk. Just saying is sexy.

I have a purple Juicy Hulk.

Juicy.

eunos
Nov 27, 2003
Just wanted to give a shout out to Marogareh who popped into my game a couple of days ago just to gift me with a level 50 legendary siren mod, a level 50 Bee, and a level 50 Maggie. Just out of the goodness of his heart.

Now I just gotta level my Maya up to 50 so I can actually use them!

So thanks man!!!!!

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

New golden key codes!

Twitter:

360: CJ5JJ-TC59K-FSR3X-WRBJB-BFXFR
PS3: CJCT3-K3C5J-TKKWB-ZBWTJ-JW3C9

Facebook:

360: 5BKBT-WF5H5-XSFJF-KX3B3-F5SJS
PS3: 5BKBT-5BHTC-WXJJ3-JBBBT-KZX3B

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Just punched those in for me and SWMBO. She's doing playthrough 2 and is having issues with Threshers. A nice purple weapon of some sort should help, and the 4 keys she has now might give her a bit of a chance. plus the last codes too. She was getting her rear end kicked last night, lost half a mil in cash from deaths alone.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I have a purple Juicy Hulk.

Juicy.

Slippery Injector :getin:

Pretty much all of the Torgue weapons sound like they could be 80's hair metal album names or something.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Monkey Fracas posted:

Slippery Injector :getin:

Pretty much all of the Torgue weapons sound like they could be 80's hair metal album names or something.

They're all supposed to be references to dicks actually. Although that isn't exactly mutually exclusive.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I think Thick Bangstick is the most phallic Torgue weapon I've come across so far.

Threefor
Nov 3, 2010
I found a Torgue pistol called the Double Penetrating Rod.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

TVHM, yeahhh!

*gets slaughtered by Boom Bewm*

:smithicide:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Fixated Stalker, on the other hand, is just creepy in the context of all the other names. I think those are the longer range single shell per shot shotguns.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wow, the glitch with the Evil Smasher is a doozy. My Jakobs sniper with 3500 base damage plus Zero's crit boost skills plus the Evil Smasher effect means I can crit up to 200K per shot at level 33. The only monster in playthrough 1 other than the final boss that it won't kill instantly is the last badass constructor that spawns right at the end of Hero's Pass, and that was because it only did 164K and left him with a sliver of health.

I realize this is a bug and will not be surprised when it gets patched out, but god drat.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
Anyone free to help me boost my mechromancer to 50? I had a hard drive crash wipe my characters and gear.

Xbox: bunnysplits

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Splits posted:

Anyone free to help me boost my mechromancer to 50? I had a hard drive crash wipe my characters and gear.

Xbox: bunnysplits
I can help, just give me a minute to respec.

GT: FREE SHRUGS

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Kifisonfire posted:

I can help, just give me a minute to respec.

GT: FREE SHRUGS

My girlfriend is half-way through a movie. I didn't realize. Can we do it in 45?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Splits posted:

My girlfriend is half-way through a movie. I didn't realize. Can we do it in 45?
Yeah no worries.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Am I the only one who uses that "Defend slab tower" mission to farm purples and XP? You set the goliath flag down where the robots drop and let them get their helmet knocked off then let them run around killing the loaders and friendly psychos until they go god-alith then just let them run around killing loaders and everything so that the whole "You get 3x the xp for every enemy the goliath kills" thing. Then just leave the area when its about to end.
Did that around 2 dozen times last night on TVHM and got like 5000xp every time and an almost guaranteed lvl 46 purple every time. If I recall right from playthrough 1 you can get like lvl 26-7 purples there.

I dunno, thought that might be useful for anyone reaching that point.

Also, anyone got any decent tips for soloing terramorphous? I've got the bee and I managed to kick his rear end the first time I fought him but I haven't been able to touch him since.

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

Lotish posted:

I'll never forget my first three-way hulk

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Feeble posted:

Am I the only one who uses that "Defend slab tower" mission to farm purples and XP? You set the goliath flag down where the robots drop and let them get their helmet knocked off then let them run around killing the loaders and friendly psychos until they go god-alith then just let them run around killing loaders and everything so that the whole "You get 3x the xp for every enemy the goliath kills" thing. Then just leave the area when its about to end.
Did that around 2 dozen times last night on TVHM and got like 5000xp every time and an almost guaranteed lvl 46 purple every time. If I recall right from playthrough 1 you can get like lvl 26-7 purples there.

I dunno, thought that might be useful for anyone reaching that point.

Also, anyone got any decent tips for soloing terramorphous? I've got the bee and I managed to kick his rear end the first time I fought him but I haven't been able to touch him since.

I just tried soloing Terramorphous with the Bee, Maggie and a Sheriff's Badge and got massacred after knocking him down to about half health. I need to thank Magoreh (sorry about the misspelling) for showing up and helping me kill the crap out of him. I wanted to give him the lvl 50 Legendary Assassin Mod he dropped but had to leave.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Final weekend codes are up:
Twitter:
PlayStation 3 CJCT3-K3C5J-TKKWB-ZBWTJ-JW3C9
Xbox 360 CJ5JJ-TC59K-FSR3X-WRBJB-BFXFR
Facebook:
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTB-6FCS5-FHXT6-56BTJ-WBWFT
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5J533-63HTC-W633B-3BTJB-9C3FX

Edit: sorry, wrong twitter codes. Neglected to refresh my page when I copy pasted.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 27, 2012

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Feeble posted:

Twitter:
Facebook:
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTB-6FCS5-FHXT6-56BTJ-WBWFT
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5J533-63HTC-W633B-3BTJB-9C3FX

I think those are the old twitter codes- they're expired. New ones:

360: WTKJJ-CW59K-RHRJ6-W6BB3-KWZT9
PS3: KTWJT-6TK5T-JCCCB-ZJ5B3-6HTXK

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Feeble posted:

Twitter:

I think the 360 twitter code is wrong. I see

@GearboxSoftware: Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WTKJJ-CW59K-RHRJ6-W6BB3-KWZT9 [Active for 3 Hours: http://t.co/jRY6UBLz]

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Monkey Fracas posted:

Fixated Stalker, on the other hand, is just creepy in the context of all the other names. I think those are the longer range single shell per shot shotguns.

Intentional?

I think yes.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Never mind. Beaten thoroughly.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Has anyone found a good use for the unique shotgun Octo? It seems to miss a lot if it's at exactly the wrong range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Dr.Smasher posted:

I just tried soloing Terramorphous with the Bee, Maggie and a Sheriff's Badge and got massacred after knocking him down to about half health. I need to thank Magoreh (sorry about the misspelling) for showing up and helping me kill the crap out of him. I wanted to give him the lvl 50 Legendary Assassin Mod he dropped but had to leave.

That was just a slayer of terra mod which is pretty meh but if you do find the legendary hunter mod let me know ASAP.

• Locked thread