Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Captain Foxy posted:

Speaking of bantam Cochins and bantams in general, my friend (from earlier in the thread) has been busy! The chicks I posted have all grown up and started laying, but unfortunately one was a roo, so she's down to two big layer girls, not three, and she wasn't happy with that, after growing to love chickens.

So, after reading up on our zoning laws and getting the okay from the neighbors, it turns out she can have up to seven bantam hens and up to four big layer hens IF she's housing them for 'someone else', and I volunteered. We found a breeder nearby who focuses on organic-raised bantam cochins, frizzles, and silkies, as well as the silkie/frizzle crosses, the 'sizzles'.

We went home originally in August with these two frizzle chicks:

Riiight. Just one more...turned into two more because hey, she needs a buddy! They're partridge splash silkie Cochins. Sooo cute, I can't blame her.

Chicken addiction: its bad, but it doesn't get serious until they see pictures of different breeds online!

OMG! I love Frizzle and Sizzle chickens! They are so cute! See the photos two pages back of Velvet Sparrow's beloved Pong the hen. :)

I totally lost track of your chicken math though. How many chickens did you end up with?

I'm glad your neighbors are cool with your hens. Perhaps you might luck out and get a rooster who doesn't crow much? VS said if you kept the coop windows boarded up at night (so no light gets in until you decide to open the coop) that will often keep the roos from crowing at 4 am.

I found out recently that my neighborhood does NOT allow poultry (deed restrictions) but that my city does. Oddly, a neighbor just a few doors away had chickens ever since I moved in here 20 years ago, and they even had a rooster who crowed in the morning/evening but not often. No one ever complained about the rooster (but you only heard him around 8 am and around 4 pm). You might see if your neighbors might tolerate a "quiet" roo.

Inveigle fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small
what about Chido's Chickens!

There was a blog I followed Mucky Cluckers but she has not posted in a while because of carpal tunnel or something. Ended up doing an ebook for/on Amazon Kindle. Anecdotes of her chickens, narration and pictures of the day. So much fun to read!

piscesbobbie fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 21, 2012

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

Inveigle posted:

OMG! I love Frizzle and Sizzle chickens! They are so cute! See the photos two pages back of Velvet Sparrow's beloved Pong the hen. :)

I totally lost track of your chicken math though. How many chickens did you end up with?

I'm glad your neighbors are cool with your hens. Perhaps you might luck out and get a rooster who doesn't crow much? VS said if you kept the coop windows boarded up at night (so no light gets in until you decide to open the coop) that will often keep the roos from crowing at 4 am.

I found out recently that my neighborhood does NOT allow poultry (deed restrictions) but that my city does. Oddly, a neighbor just a few doors away had chickens ever since I moved in here 20 years ago, and they even had a rooster who crowed in the morning/evening but not often. No one ever complained about the rooster (but you only heard him around 8 am and around 4 pm). You might see if your neighbors might tolerate a "quiet" roo.

:science: I don't have the chicks, it's my friend. Our ordinances allow you to keep chickens for other people, so my friend is using the excuse of 'these are Captain Foxy's chickens' in order to keep more. Her neighbors are fine with it, being chicken-lovers themselves, but she can't have even a quiet roo because the ordinance for chickens forbids any roosters.

There are currently eight chicks: two Frizzles, one Frizzle-without-frizzled-feathers who looks like it's going to be a roo, two Blue Splash Bantam Cochins (one is Glitzy), two Partridge Splash Bantam Cochins, and one Sizzle. If the white Frizzle boy is actually a boy, then she'll be down to the allowable seven, but there may be more roos, since bantams are hard to sex.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Captain Foxy posted:

:science: I don't have the chicks, it's my friend. Our ordinances allow you to keep chickens for other people, so my friend is using the excuse of 'these are Captain Foxy's chickens' in order to keep more. Her neighbors are fine with it, being chicken-lovers themselves, but she can't have even a quiet roo because the ordinance for chickens forbids any roosters.

There are currently eight chicks: two Frizzles, one Frizzle-without-frizzled-feathers who looks like it's going to be a roo, two Blue Splash Bantam Cochins (one is Glitzy), two Partridge Splash Bantam Cochins, and one Sizzle. If the white Frizzle boy is actually a boy, then she'll be down to the allowable seven, but there may be more roos, since bantams are hard to sex.

Better get a few more chicks, just...you know, to be sure. Plus banties are small and count as two for one, right? Love me some Chicken Math. :keke:

And Chido, your blog should reflect your special 'urban chicken' niche...not sayin' you should CALL it 'Chido's HenHoes & Princess Roo', but...

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Better get a few more chicks, just...you know, to be sure. Plus banties are small and count as two for one, right? Love me some Chicken Math. :keke:

And Chido, your blog should reflect your special 'urban chicken' niche...not sayin' you should CALL it 'Chido's HenHoes & Princess Roo', but...

I made one in blogger, since I have a gmail account, and already titled it The Roostroyer and the Henhoes Saga... Now if I change it to Princess Roo and the Henhoes, hmmm.

I'll post a link here later once I have stuff actually written in it.
Edit: maybe I can get the girls and my sister, to get a picture of Roo in his tuxedo and two hens on his side in dresses, a la James bond.

Chido fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 22, 2012

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Chido posted:

I made one in blogger, since I have a gmail account, and already titled it The Roostroyer and the Henhoes Saga... Now if I change it to Princess Roo and the Henhoes, hmmm.

I'll post a link here later once I have stuff actually written in it.
Edit: maybe I can get the girls and my sister, to get a picture of Roo in his tuxedo and two hens on his side in dresses, a la James bond.

I use blogger for my cooking/baking blog and have been quite happy with it. (Vegan Chocolate-Covered Espresso Bean Brownies and Vegan Swedish Fish Cupcakes! Woot!) It is pretty easy to use, and it's easy to share the posts on facebook and twitter.

Wordpress is a little more complicated (I'm webmaster for a non-profit organization that uses it), but it does have increased functionality. Honestly, I prefer blogger for my blog. It is just so quick and easy. I think that there's even some opportunities for monetizing through the site, but I don't use them so I don't know much about them. You chose well.

When you do start posting, I'll happily be one of your followers.

luloo123 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 22, 2012

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Chido posted:

Do this regardless, ASAP. Roo is such a dapper fellow. :v: Also, start writing down your chicken stories somewhere so you don't forget them.

I'm going to be working on revamping my chicken site this winter myself, it's way past time for it, it's very stuck in the '90's. One thing I'll add is the ability for people to comment.

As for my day-to-day LJ, I like LJ OK but not many people I know are using it much anymore.

Also, Weedcat (sporting his frilled dino eyebrows) and Yoya posed very nicely today. We're having a pre-winter moltfest, ignore all the feathers.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 22, 2012

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

I just realized there is a breed, the Croad Langshan, that lays purple eggs. Aren't they pretty? :allears:

It looks like they are almost impossible to find in the US though.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I just realized there is a breed, the Croad Langshan, that lays purple eggs. Aren't they pretty? :allears:

Seems that breed is on a watch list. The UK has a program similar to the US ALBC it is https://www.rbst.org.uk lists various livestock, poultry. Beautiful LARGE bird that Croad Langshan is!

VS that is a beautiful picture of Weedcat and Yoya. I remember the beautiful photo you had taken of Yoya with Phoenix!

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Zeta Taskforce posted:

They are.

Also the Croad langshan is part of the breed that went into the German langshan with it's funny long legged look.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

^^^ How cute, they look like they're holding up their skirts. :v:

VVVV Oh my GOD. :haw: Please do tell more stories.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 23, 2012

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I have an rear end in a top hat rooster story.

I have my ten hens and their friendly roo buddy Rufus kept on one side of a fence, and three bachelor roos (Curly, Larry, and Shemp) on the other. The Stooge named bachelor roosters are larger than Rufus, an Ameraucana, and tend to be a bit rough with the girls. Unfortunately Larry seems to always manage to somehow get over the fence every now and then and winds up fighting an insane degree with Rufus. That's a pain in that rear end on it's own ... but, the thing with Larry is, he's also in a constant state of panic. No kidding, this rooster freaks out about everything from food to car doors being shut and is downright impossible to catch with anything short of a team of three armed with nets. Since 99.5% of the time it's just me on my lonesome, I have to wait until the birds bed down for the night to put Larry back in the bachelor pad.
That's when the real fun begins.
Larry knows that I'm coming to get him at night. He will bully his way into the best and warmest roosting spot which is, coincidentally, the hardest one for me to easily reach. The moment he is aware I am opening the door to hen house he's trying to make a break for it and screaming bloody murder. I don't mean that he's bawking, I don't mean that he's cackling, I mean he starts making this ungodly sound that I'd liken to the noise a team of cats trapped in a cotton gin that's been set on fire then sent tumbling down a grand staircase would make. It's this horrible sound that sets my teeth on edge like someone just dragged their nails down a chalk board then lasciviously licked the dust off their fingers.

So that happened tonight around 10:30pm. Larry's screaming (which lasted well after I set him on the other side of the fence) set a kennel of hunting dogs to baying, induced some coyotes in the woods to start yipping, woke up the people across the road, and made my ears ring.
Plus he scratched me a bunch when I had him tucked under my arm.

Larry's an rear end in a top hat.
Also he crows incessantly.

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper
It just so happens to be the perfect time of year for chicken soup. :chef:

Do you think bad roos taste better than nice roos?

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

tokomon posted:

I have an rear end in a top hat rooster story.

Larry knows that I'm coming to get him at night. He will bully his way into the best and warmest roosting spot which is, coincidentally, the hardest one for me to easily reach. The moment he is aware I am opening the door to hen house he's trying to make a break for it and screaming bloody murder. I don't mean that he's bawking, I don't mean that he's cackling, I mean he starts making this ungodly sound that I'd liken to the noise a team of cats trapped in a cotton gin that's been set on fire then sent tumbling down a grand staircase would make. It's this horrible sound that sets my teeth on edge like someone just dragged their nails down a chalk board then lasciviously licked the dust off their fingers.

So that happened tonight around 10:30pm. Larry's screaming (which lasted well after I set him on the other side of the fence) set a kennel of hunting dogs to baying, induced some coyotes in the woods to start yipping, woke up the people across the road, and made my ears ring.
Plus he scratched me a bunch when I had him tucked under my arm.

Larry's an rear end in a top hat.
Also he crows incessantly.

Is it possible for a rooster to have emotional problems?

VVVVV Thank you, I needed a laugh!

piscesbobbie fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 23, 2012

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

I think Larry's mother didn't hug him as a child.
Curly's high strung as well, but not as bad. They're both barred rocks, so I don't know if that's it or not.
Shemp's pretty chill and is basically just a behemoth Orpington who doesn't know his heft and accidentally squishes his lady friends under his bulk.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

I don't know how this happened but this was on the youtube suggestions for me. I had no idea people do this. Very interesting for breeders of chickens. I was looking up the rare breeds so that's probably how it came to be on the list for me? I'm sharing this as helpful info.
http://youtu.be/pFXEtUFFgV0

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It's how I do a lot of my birds, higher percent of fertilized eggs so I can get more chicks hatched in the couple of months I run incubators.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Tim the Enchanter posted:

It's how I do a lot of my birds, higher percent of fertilized eggs so I can get more chicks hatched in the couple of months I run incubators.

Wow Tim. It makes so much more sense now that I have thought this through. All those fluffy feathers back there would make it less likely for fruition, if that's a good word for it. So the chickens must not mind then. I was afraid of off-color jokes, I did not think it funny or silly at all. I need to get back to work so I'm not on the internet all day looking up endangered poultry and stuff!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Also you can see that she's plucked a bunch of feathers away from the vent in order to be able to do this quickly and cleanly, that's gotta help a bunch. This would be great for mating large breed roos to bantam hens of getting chicks from a roo that's become disabled and can't mate normally.

I do wish she would maybe show this more slowly, showing exactly where to place your fingers. She said it took her two years to learn how to do it correctly!

Also, those are the world's most patient chickens. Just a little 'Buck?' out of the hen. :keke:

The idea of wrestling Weedcat in order to do this is horrifying. Must be so much easier with bantams!

tokomon, I'm surprised that Larry is a Barred Rock and is so damned weird. The Barred Rock roos I've known have been big, calm, sweeties. My original Head Roo, Jack, was the best rooboy ever and we had him nearly 9 years, his son, Phoenix, was an Americaunas/Barred Rock and he was just as sweet & calm. How old is Larry?

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 24, 2012

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Larry is just a bit over a year old.
He was a spazz as a chick and it's just ... continued forever.

Edit: I think part of his dysfunction might be that he's just and idiot. All three of the barred rock roos I've been minding have been a bit derpy, but Shemp's pretty normal.

tokomon fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 24, 2012

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Yesterday at work I noticed an apple that someone threw away after taking 3 bites sitting on top of the trash. Just below that I saw a half eaten Lean Cuisine creamy noodle thing. In the fridge there were two soggy English muffins because some someone’s juice spilled. On a scale of 1 to 10, how crazy am I for sneaking in and bringing all that home and making some girls very happy?

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Zombie Force posted:

Yesterday at work I noticed an apple that someone threw away after taking 3 bites sitting on top of the trash. Just below that I saw a half eaten Lean Cuisine creamy noodle thing. In the fridge there were two soggy English muffins because some someone’s juice spilled. On a scale of 1 to 10, how crazy am I for sneaking in and bringing all that home and making some girls very happy?

Haha! I bet those chickens were in HEAVEN eating that stuff. :3:

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Zombie Force posted:

Not much, my only worry would be ickies from the trash can or sick people germs...

I think in the future, take a cute pic of the girls and post a sign asking for contributions of leftovers next to a small container that you can take home each day. Provided you trust your coworkers not to do anything nasty, that is.

I've already hit my neighbor up for windfall fruits and veggie garden clippings, the girls got some wonderful apples, grapes and peaches! :)

We had our first really cold night last night, 27 degrees not including the wind chill. So this morning the girls got some nice warm scrambled eggs w/shells, a few bites of banana bread from the kid's breakfast, some leftover sweet potatoes and brown rice. I made major points. :v:

Edit: VVV Everyone fails at chicken math, we all have just learned to embrace it. If you keep those two as housechickens for the winter they will be total sweeties forever. :)

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 24, 2012

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
This is what happens when you fail at chicken math:

Her name is Snuggles, she is a partridge bantam silkie pullet, and she resembles a hoatzin. Pardalis surprised me with her after all my posting about our friend's new chicks. She just moved to a house with a 1/4 acre yard, and we had been planning to build a coop and get our own hens, so it's not a total shock. I'm so happy to finally have my own chicken. :3:

And of course she needed a buddy, so this is Charmin, a charming little bantam amercuana.

The coop is being built, but it's starting to get cold here so we are contemplating letting them live out the winter as house chickens. :3: :3: :3:

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Awwww thank you for sharing! Charmin and Snuggles look like BFFs already! Congratulations on getting your own chicken(s)!

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

:neckbeard: Those are some adorable chicks Captain Foxy!
If you do let them winter indoors, I expect lots of pictures and house chicken antic stories.

Pucklynn
Sep 8, 2010

chop chop chop
I'm just going to leave this here..

Judge John Hodgman Episode 68: The Cluck Stops Here

I haven't finished listening to the whole thing, but it's interesting so far. I figured this thread would appreciate it.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Pucklynn posted:

I'm just going to leave this here..

Judge John Hodgman Episode 68: The Cluck Stops Here

I haven't finished listening to the whole thing, but it's interesting so far. I figured this thread would appreciate it.

Thank you for sharing! Very entertaining!

rangergirl
Jun 3, 2004
A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer

Velvet Sparrow posted:

tokomon, I'm surprised that Larry is a Barred Rock and is so damned weird. The Barred Rock roos I've known have been big, calm, sweeties. My original Head Roo, Jack, was the best rooboy ever and we had him nearly 9 years, his son, Phoenix, was an Americaunas/Barred Rock and he was just as sweet & calm. How old is Larry?

I have a bunch of Barred Rocks right now and honestly they are some of the mellowest, friendliest chickens I have owned.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Don't know what to tell you.
Of the five roosters my mother has/had the three that were/are barred rocks have been total spazzy assholes. Moe, Larry, and Curly all came from the same local breeder, so who knows.

It might also have been how my mother raised them. She put the chicken run up against the dog run. The dog run was, at that time, filled with lil' chicken aggressive boxers. She originally had 25 hens and now has 10 left.

Edit: All I know is I've got some generally laid back hens and a bunch of uptight assholey roosters.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

tokomon posted:

Don't know what to tell you.
Of the five roosters my mother has/had the three that were/are barred rocks have been total spazzy assholes. Moe, Larry, and Curly all came from the same local breeder, so who knows.

It might also have been how my mother raised them. She put the chicken run up against the dog run. The dog run was, at that time, filled with lil' chicken aggressive boxers. She originally had 25 hens and now has 10 left.

...and there ya go.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Velvet Sparrow posted:

...and there ya go.

Pretty much part of what I suspected. Everyone's pretty chilled out except for Larry and Curly... Although Moe (poor dead lad) was a bit of a bully.
At least Shemp's willing to be my rooster buddy and not freak out when I come in to feed and water them. :sigh:

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

So what is Roostroyer gonna be for Halloween this year? We expect SOME kind of outfit, you know...

Weedcat has chosen 'rear end in a top hat' this year, at least as far as the other roos are concerned. He's being a bit of a dick about chasing poor Scott and Bloop. If he does it in front of me I instantly scoop him up and carry him around for pets & cuddles.

He does not appreciate this. :keke:

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Velvet Sparrow posted:

So what is Roostroyer gonna be for Halloween this year? We expect SOME kind of outfit, you know...

Weedcat has chosen 'rear end in a top hat' this year, at least as far as the other roos are concerned. He's being a bit of a dick about chasing poor Scott and Bloop. If he does it in front of me I instantly scoop him up and carry him around for pets & cuddles.

He does not appreciate this. :keke:

Perhaps Chido could send you the dreaded "Hello Kitty" dress and you could dress Weedcat in it. He'd look smashing in that outfit! ;)

Hey Chido! How are Pancake and Waffle doing?

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

HEY VELVET SPARROW! Are you setting up your camera for HALLOWEEN? As you did in previous years? Hope all of you are doing well, sorry to hear that about Weedcat!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

piscesbobbie posted:

HEY VELVET SPARROW! Are you setting up your camera for HALLOWEEN? As you did in previous years? Hope all of you are doing well, sorry to hear that about Weedcat!

Sadly, no. 12_String isn't up to it medically, plus we're having a freakin' HOWLING windstorm right now, which is kicking the crap out of our yard decorations. So sorry... :(

Also, there's this:

Chido, you know what you have to do.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 31, 2012

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

I'm sorry I haven't updated lately, I got busy with college and I discovered that I don't have the stamina I had when I was 22, so working over 25 hours a week and being a full time student isn't as easy as it used to be XD.

If Dinner is being "rear end in a top hat" for Halloween, Roo is a "drama queen." I haven't spent as much time out with the chickens as I used to, so now Roo runs away and screams and whines and acts like I'm gonna do something horrible to him whenever I try to hold him :mad:. Otherwise everything is ok I think. The only thing odd is that the henhoes are pretty much done molting, but nobody has laid an egg in weeks now, except for Flake and just recently Turkey. I hope that's normal :tinfoil:

Pancake and Waffle are doing grat. Pancake is so fluffy and soft, but I find it ironic how she, a brahma, is not as fat as Waffle the EE. She eats all the time and her poop looks normal, but her breast isn't as meaty as Waffle's. XD they are both adorable, though. I'll try to get some pictures of the flock this weekend :).

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Chido posted:

Roo is a "drama queen." I haven't spent as much time out with the chickens as I used to, so now Roo runs away and screams and whines and acts like I'm gonna do something horrible to him whenever I try to hold him :mad:. Otherwise everything is ok I think.

Time to break out the hated "Hello Kitty" dress, Chido! ;)

But yeah, it gets harder to do college AND work when you get older. You just don't have the stamina you did when you were young. I know that I wouldn't have the energy to return to school. A friend of mine just returned to uni at age 50! He was forced to make a third career change and I just don't see how he has the energy to do it.

VS: I hope that 12_String feels better soon!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Chido posted:

I'm sorry I haven't updated lately, I got busy with college and I discovered that I don't have the stamina I had when I was 22, so working over 25 hours a week and being a full time student isn't as easy as it used to be XD.

Pancake and Waffle are doing grat. Pancake is so fluffy and soft, but I find it ironic how she, a brahma, is not as fat as Waffle the EE. She eats all the time and her poop looks normal, but her breast isn't as meaty as Waffle's. XD they are both adorable, though. I'll try to get some pictures of the flock this weekend :).

Yes, age creeps up on us quickly. I remember those days, working full time and going to school or working two full time jobs. Now??? Chido is it possible they sent you a Bantam Brahma instead of a Standard Brahma!?! I look forward to seeing pictures of the "kids."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Yeah Chido, hens normally take a break from laying in winter, it's normal. As long as they aren't looking sick, losing weight or anything out of the ordinary I wouldn't worry.

Several of our old hens (Boots & Moet mainly, both will turn 11 years old this Spring) are really fading, Poof may end up with company in the house if we think they are leaving us soon. They aren't in bad health, just old.

Thanks for the good thoughts, but 12_String's problem is a bad back & knees, not something that's gonna get better unfortunately. :(

Also, it's a good thing he didn't do the scarecrow/webcam thing this year since we only got ONE trick or treater. This street is dead tonight with hardly anyone participating, something we'll have to work on.