Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

Do you have any pics of the new set? What's the price supposed to be?

Pics here, though only one for each set which has surfaced before: http://www.brickset.com/browse/years/?year=2013&Theme=Star%20Wars

All new sets, except The Hobbit afaict: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=4500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

rickiep00h posted:

1. I think they're shooting for a slightly less crazy Ninjago. Which I'm fine with, we stayed away from the truly bizarre sets.

2. Holy poo poo do I need that boat.

I don't think you realize you just quoted a CROCODILE BOAT WITH A TAIL and called it less crazy than Ninjago.

Ninjago was crazy, but let's not try to call this Chima thing any less so.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I'm not exactly sure what they're getting at with this theme, but I'll happily take an olive green, red and transparent red crocodile-boat.

are those little porcupine and hawk people?

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

rickiep00h posted:

1. I think they're shooting for a slightly less crazy Ninjago. Which I'm fine with, we stayed away from the truly bizarre sets.

2. Holy poo poo do I need that boat.

I still think I like Ninjago better. The Samurai Mech is one of the best sets out this year, IMO. The new Ninjago doesn't look quite as good, though. Chima's got croc-boats and lion-tanks, so it's kind of a tossup for me which is weirder.

Sockser posted:

are those little porcupine and hawk people?

I think they might be lions and hawks/eagles/whatever.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
It's that time of year again, time to purge some Lego sets! I'm selling off all of the following:

Aliens:
7050 - Alien Defender
7051 - Tripod Invader

Castle:
7949 - Prison Carriage Rescue
7947 - Prison Tower Rescue
7187 - Escape from the Dragon's Prison

Batman:
30160 - Batman Jetski
6858 - Catwoman Catcycle City Chase
6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape
6860 - The Batcave

Ninjago:
2509 - Earth Dragon Defense

Pirates:
6239 - Cannon Battle
6240 - Kraken Attackin'
6241 - Loot Island

Star Wars
8092 - Luke's Landspeeder
8089 - Hoth Wampa Cave
8017 - Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
7754 - Home One Mon Calimari Star Cruiser
8038 - The Battle of Endor

Atlantis
8057 - Wreck Raider
8061 - Gateway of the Squid

Indy
7625 - River Chase
7626 - Jungle Cutter
7682 - Shanghai Chase
7622 - Race for the Stolen Treasure
7199 - The Temple of Doom

Power Miners
8957 - Mine Mech

The above sets are all complete with instructions and stored in ziplock bags.

I also have 7946 - King's Castle, 7571 - The Fight for the Dagger, and 9473 - Mines of Moria. They are all still sealed in the box. I'm a little hesitant to ship them, because the boxes are huge. I'd be glad to ship them as is, but they might be pricey. I'd also be happy to ship them without the boxes, but still sealed in the original baggies.

The price on all of these sets is pretty flexible. I'd prefer to not take it sideways up the pooper on prices, but I'm aware that Bricklink exists and I don't expect anyone to pay eBay prices. So, long story short, make me an offer on any/all. The more you want, the lower I'm willing to go (I hate hate hate packing things up and taking them to the post office). Anything that doesn't sell here is going into a "best offer takes it away" Craigslist ad. PM me or email me at frictiony at yahoo.

edit: whoops, forgot that 30160 - Batman Jetski is still sealed in the original baggie.

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 28, 2012

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There don't seem to be any humans at all in Chima. They're all little lions and hawks and stuff. That's a first, isn't it? I guess even Ninja Turtles will probably have April and Casey.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't think you realize you just quoted a CROCODILE BOAT WITH A TAIL and called it less crazy than Ninjago.

Ninjago was crazy, but let's not try to call this Chima thing any less so.

I think it's a cross between Ninjago and World Racers, so I dunno. The more I looked at the sets the less confident I was with my "less crazy" comment. I guess we'll see if there's a second line that combines a crane with a... snake guy...? (Seriously who thinks of martial arts action squads and then dumps a wrecking ball crane into it?)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It does look like its 'arms' and 'feet' are made of tinier boats, as well as a tiny boat on its back, along with two 'eye' cockpits.

Plus two little jetskis on the side. BOATMANIA.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

I think it's a cross between Ninjago and World Racers, so I dunno. The more I looked at the sets the less confident I was with my "less crazy" comment. I guess we'll see if there's a second line that combines a crane with a... snake guy...? (Seriously who thinks of martial arts action squads and then dumps a wrecking ball crane into it?)

You must not be familiar with Power Rangers.

Really I think that's what Ninjago and this new line are all about. Big ol' themed mecha and poo poo since Mega Bloks got the PR license.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
nvm

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Pics here, though only one for each set which has surfaced before: http://www.brickset.com/browse/years/?year=2013&Theme=Star%20Wars

All new sets, except The Hobbit afaict: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=4500

A Z-95 Headhunter? Holy poo poo.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The free Lego in the Sun today, the Quinjet is awesome. Such a neat little build with a really cool shape, I think it's my favorite mini-model ever.

Also I managed to pick up an extra one for anyone who needs it, UK or abroad. PM me with details.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

PriorMarcus posted:

The free Lego in the Sun today, the Quinjet is awesome. Such a neat little build with a really cool shape, I think it's my favorite mini-model ever.

Also I managed to pick up an extra one for anyone who needs it, UK or abroad. PM me with details.

Can I call dibs? Cause Dibs!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Anyone else got a spare? My wife forgot to pick one up :(

E: spare Thor or that other dude or cash.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 29, 2012

Nazzle
Apr 11, 2008
Also looking for a spare of todays Quinjet. I do have an extra Thor to trade if needed! or Cash?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

A little late to the party but I would be interested in any spares from the UK lego freebies if you are willing to ship any of them to the states. I have $$$ that all of you love so much to buy more Lego with.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I have a fair spare The Sun lego for trade. I'm mainly after the collectible mini figs S 1-5 and S8.

I have:
Thor x4
Hawkeye x6
Quinjet x2
Police Boat x1
Zombie Car x9

I'll be picking up plenty of spares of the next few days worth, especially the Uruk Hai.

PM me, reply here or email me at koveyd@hotmail.com

Hamburlgar fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 31, 2012

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Hamburlgar posted:

I have a fair spare The Sun lego for trade. I'm mainly after the collectible mini figs S 1-5 and S8.

I have:
Thor x4
Hawkeye x6
Quinjet x2
Police Boat x1
Zombie Car x9

I'll be picking up plenty of spares of the next few days worth, especially the Uruk Hai.

PM me, reply here or email me at koveyd@hotmail.com

Sent you a e-mail with interest to one of each of the spares you have.

Seventyfour
Apr 6, 2009

Beneath the Pavement
The Beach
I've been getting back into Lego, and for the first time ordered from the Lego Shop (Winter Cottage). You guys may already know this, but I was really pleased to see that they threw in a Series 7 mini-figure *and* the Halloween accessory set! Made me feel pretty warm and fuzzy.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

Apparently the photo on the polybag doesn't actually match the colors on the model?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eat it Kreos!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Eat it Kreos!

So many kids are going to be crushed when they find out that it doesn't actually transform.

Or rather, it does, but the transformation sequence involves approximately 800 steps.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

SynthOrange posted:

Eat it Kreos!

yup, I want this

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

SynthOrange posted:

Eat it Kreos!

Lego just made motherfucking SPRINGER.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Seventyfour posted:

I've been getting back into Lego, and for the first time ordered from the Lego Shop (Winter Cottage). You guys may already know this, but I was really pleased to see that they threw in a Series 7 mini-figure *and* the Halloween accessory set! Made me feel pretty warm and fuzzy.

Is this an every order thing or just a mess up on their part? I was going to go to the Lego store to get both of these but if ordering online gets me the halloween set free I'd rather do that.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

They should really adjust the age rating on those things from 7-99 give or take a few years. Still not going to stop me from buying toys aimed at 12 year old kids obviously.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The slight twinge of shame I feel every time I decline the need for a gift receipt.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

smackfu posted:

Apparently the photo on the polybag doesn't actually match the colors on the model?

No, one piece is black instead of light grey, but it's not that big of a deal.

Seventyfour
Apr 6, 2009

Beneath the Pavement
The Beach

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Is this an every order thing or just a mess up on their part? I was going to go to the Lego store to get both of these but if ordering online gets me the halloween set free I'd rather do that.

No idea - there wasn't any reference to the halloween set on the receipt or anywhere else (unlike the series 7 minifig, which had a little flier explaining that it was a freebee).

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

The_Doctor posted:

Lego just made motherfucking SPRINGER.

Holy poo poo, you weren't kidding.

Tyger41
Oct 8, 2012
Since I missed this the first go'round because of my dark years I am definitely picking it up this time. The A-wing and B-wing have always been my favorites. Too bad i'm poor right now Or I would get that B-Wing that is out. Have they ever made a smaller (less expensive) B-wing?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

They made a couple, most recently in 2006 for $35.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6208_B-Wing_Fighter

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

smackfu posted:

They made a couple, most recently in 2006 for $35.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6208_B-Wing_Fighter

Well the Mon Calamari play set from two years ago had a green one as part of the set.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wish they'd do another take on the AT-ST. The standard sized sets don't look very good, and don't even look like the AT-ST that much, and the UCS set is just ugly as hell with studs sticking out everywhere.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Well the Mon Calamari play set from two years ago had a green one as part of the set.
That's a green A-Wing, not a B-Wing, right?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

smackfu posted:

That's a green A-Wing, not a B-Wing, right?

Oops!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I wish more people would post their own creations here. That's why I subscribed to this thread in the first place.

Anyway, this is a crosspost from the Transformers thread where another goon posted his Legoformer, and I was inspired to actually photograph the one I built in June/July.

Imgur Album - Cyclops
I like to think of him as an Autobot search-and-rescue turned Decepticon search-and-destroy who is resentful that he has to transform to shoot anyone since in vehicle mode, his gun is pointed at his own head.

Nazzle
Apr 11, 2008

Diet Poison posted:

I wish more people would post their own creations here. That's why I subscribed to this thread in the first place.

Anyway, this is a crosspost from the Transformers thread where another goon posted his Legoformer, and I was inspired to actually photograph the one I built in June/July.

Imgur Album - Cyclops
I like to think of him as an Autobot search-and-rescue turned Decepticon search-and-destroy who is resentful that he has to transform to shoot anyone since in vehicle mode, his gun is pointed at his own head.

I would post my own creations but i dont have the imagination. Tried to make an F1 car on LDD but really didnt get anywhere.

So from now on I am going to stick with trying to complete my sets with the step by step instruction.

Got to admit that Transformer makes me wish I was better at Lego!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
That "Galaxy Squad" theme I mentioned a few pages ago seems to be a real thing. A setlist has popped up on Eurobricks:

70700 Space Swarmer
70701 Swarm Interceptor
70702 Warp Stinger
70703 Space Mantis
70704 Vermin Vaporizer
70705 Bug Obliterator

Also, this one picture. It looks like an Insectoids redux, or whatever that 90s theme was called.

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
For those of you state-side that are interested in The Sun lego promotions I have some spares! I'm mainly after minifigs from previous series.

I have:

Thor: 3
Hawkeye: 5
Quinjet: 1
City Police Boat: 0
Zombie Car: 9
City Mining Quad: 1
Ninjago: 4
LoTR Uruk Hai: 12
LoTR Frodo: 69

I have already emailed back the goon who has messaged me (and have one of each put aside for you ;) ).

The minifigs that I need are:

S1: Cheerleader, Caveman, Clown, Zombie, Skater, Robot, Wrestler, Nurse, Ninja, Spaceman, Robin Hood, Diver
S2: ALL
S3: Fisherman, Indian, Samurai, Snowboarder, Robot, Sumo, Mummy, Elf, Tennis player, Racer, Monkey, Alien, Hulu Girl, Rapper
S4: Gnome, Geisha, Musketeer, Rocker, Surfer, Viking, Frankenstein, Hockey Player, Skater, Soccer Star, Werewolf, Hazmat, Ice Skater, Scientist
S6: Sleepy Head, Surgeon, Skater, Butcher
S8: ALL

I'm happy to sell them if you don't have any figs that I need!

Either PM me here or email me at koveyd@hotmail.com