Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I finally got my braces off today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I made a bunch of avatars for my friends, donated to a charity, and got my ear pierced. A Good Day.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lost a full 20 pounds since June. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, chronic obesity.

No, that is a ham, quit smoking that!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It gon' rain!

I love the rain.

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ
First official day at the new job. Great place, better work and better pay than my previous employers. I should have solid employment now compared to the shitfest that was the past year and a half.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cup of Hemlock posted:

It gon' rain!

I love the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk42M2L-VC8

I found my Kindle charger today. Finally!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I won free treats for my office this Friday from a local bakery. So today is awesome because I won something and Friday will be awesome because free pastry!

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Ran a continuous 5k for the first time tonight. Never thought I'd be a runner. :feelsgood:

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Had Count Chocula for lunch. Did not have to use my AK. I have to say, today was a good day.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Civil Twilight posted:

Ran a continuous 5k for the first time tonight. Never thought I'd be a runner. :feelsgood:

Hey there new runner buddy! :hf:

Related: this morning I tipped the scale at 80 kg (176 pounds). The last time I weighed this little was when I was 19, seven years ago :woop:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Played Magic: The Gathering with a bunch of friends with a deck I haven't touched in a couple years. Got out a Panoptic Mirror plus Temporal Extortion combo on turn 6. No one was running counter spells or a burn deck. Infinite turns unless someone pays half their life rounded up. Then it happens again my next normal turn. So much fun.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Today was my birthday. When I got home from work, I got a cake and a very nice watch from my parents. My brother got me UFC Undisputed 3.

Time to Sweep some motherfuckers!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

^Happy belated birthday, Forceholy!

We didn't get rain this week while the rest of the state did. So, it's a beautiful morning and the hardest thing I had to do this weekend - a dentist appointment - took all of 45 minutes. A little business now, a lot of football and a party later, and plenty of glorious free time before Monday morning.

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ

lloyol posted:

First official day at the new job. Great place, better work and better pay than my previous employers. I should have solid employment now compared to the shitfest that was the past year and a half.

Quoting myself because I saw one of my former coworkers at the gym today. She said that the workplace I left went to hell, including the firing of the office manager, sales manager, and receptionist. That's three out of seven office staff. That place is and forever will be a disaster. I hope she gets a better job soon.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
First paycheck at my new (and first post-graduation) job today. It alone brought my account balance to its highest standing total in 7 years. :unsmith:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

tau posted:

First paycheck at my new (and first post-graduation) job today. It alone brought my account balance to its highest standing total in 7 years. :unsmith:

What's even better is that this will continuously happen every two weeks :)

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

What's even better is that this will continuously happen every two weeks :)

I can't even begin to fathom this. :aaa:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Decided to splurge today and got Mcdonalds. I love the Monopoly pieces and won a free Quarter Pounder. I have a few food stamp pieces already and plan to give them to a homeless guy next time I'm in town.

Buckyballs are on loving sale!

Found some tins and wrapping I had bought and put away for Xmas and forgot about. Am mostly done with my holiday shopping so I can relax in December.

Ordered the wrong CD off of Amazon, but the wrong CD sounds pretty drat good still.

Found Godiva chocolate at Michael's. Used 40% off coupon on the bag. Got another 40% off coupon after paying. I may be able to fill a few stockings with Godiva and Lindor truffles with this.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Tonight, I hung out with a really good friend of mine who I haven't seen in almost half a year, because he graduated and moved back home last spring. I also discovered that I am no longer in love with said friend, who is gay. I'm so done pining over guys I can't have! (For the moment.)

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
I received my first large payment ($2200!) from a client of my own solo biz. Not going to be able to quit my day job any time soon but it's a start. Also my puppy Boston terrier Oscar learned to shake a paw today!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My bank account is at an all-time high, and I got to see my girlfriend. :3:

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Oct 21, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Ran 15 miles this morning, have been freeballing ever since :feelsgood:

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
Threw a kickass first birthday party for my son, had a good showing from both families who all had to drive 2+ hours down and everyone had a good time. Feels good after freaking out all morning trying to get ready.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Surprised my mom by having yardwork done a day early, so she didn't have to do it on her one day off this week.

Fed ALL the snakes today (minor unawesome moment was getting bit once).

The joy that comes from your period almost being over so you have another three weeks before dealing with the hormones again.

Typing, deleting, typing, and finally erasing and closing the last email to an ex-friend who blew me off over a year ago. I don't need to worry about her or hope she's all right: she's the one who ended things with me and I am not under any obligation to help her do anything anymore.

Talked with an old boss and had a good conversation, no stress.

And joined a betta club in town and got to meet a bunch of cool betta breeders!

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
My daughter smiled at me for the first time this morning.

Granted, it was at 3 this morning while I was half asleep, changing a lovely nappy.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I saw the ISS tonight :)

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I got a job interview :)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My boss just told me I deserved my day off tomorrow.

He also lightened my work load slightly. The latter is actually the more awesome part as I had been having zero luck getting it done.

Also the Atlanta Falcons won today and Georgia beat Florida yesterday.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today was super productive and instructive and I realized when it was over that every day, even weekdays, could be like this if I learn not to let little obstacles slow me down and turn off the TV/social media more often.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I had to pull an all-nighter to finish a paper. :(

But my roommate reminded me that this Friday is walk-out day, so a day off is on the horizon. :toot:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
A wonderful massage. Flourless chocolate cake. An entire day with my boyfriend. Sunday was awesome.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It's official...

Just watched season 2 of The Wire to get me in the mood.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
My ballot arrived today and Ron Swanson appeared in the Court of Appeal voting section.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
I got a dumb trendy haircut and it's awesome.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
For the past 8 years I've worked for the same company. Pretty small company, maybe 300 people. Was way less than that when I started. I've hated it for 8 years because it's not what I want to do, but I could never find a job where I want to be.

Today I had a first round phone interview with an awesome company that I'd love to be a part of. Everyone in this thread has definitely heard of them as they're world-wide. I felt like I really nailed the interview and felt great coming out the other end of it.

A little while ago I sent a thank you email to the lady that I spoke with. I normally send a hand-written one but this lady mentioned she worked from home and I wasn't about to ask for her home address. About 30 minutes later I got a call from their HR director in the area telling me that she was told I had a fantastic interview and that the lady I originally spoke to loved the message I sent her. Said it was a lost courtesy to send a follow-up thank you message and it really went a long way.

She told me they wanted to get me in ASAP to meet with me and I now have a second round interview on Friday morning. I'm trying really hard not to get excited but this is everything I want in a company and if I end up getting the job I will lose my god drat mind.

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
Because I got to stay home again due to the hurricane and play video games! Four day weekend, woo!

Ok, I know I sound like a kid. But seriously, it's good to have 96 hours to not think about work.

Arex
Oct 15, 2012

SO GOOD
I found over $300 while cleaning my house.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
I made a really fantastic and hearty dinner for my boyfriend, my roommate, and myself; now I have a pan of freshly-baked almond-toffee-chocolate chip cookie bars cooling in the kitchen. :) Life is good.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My American History professor is hilarious and he's using MS Paint to explain the Revolutionary War while doing a John Madden impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTyw6cq86kY

This is why my day is awesome today.