Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Syrant posted:

So, out of nowhere today AVG 'detected a threat' with the .exe for the game (HKShip.exe) and I just kinda quirked a brow, deleted the file and let steam verify and re-download the .exe but it's still doing it.

Is anyone else dealing with this? I figure it's a false-positive but I was curious.

AVG is pretty bad nowadays. The fault is almost definitely on its end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
A 3GB patch. :wtc: It doesn't even seem to change all that much. Weren't those huge patches supposed to be a thing of the past since Steam switched to that new file system thing?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

A 3GB patch. :wtc: It doesn't even seem to change all that much. Weren't those huge patches supposed to be a thing of the past since Steam switched to that new file system thing?
This is likely to be Nightmare in North Point baked into the base game, I'm assuming they're going to release it tomorrow, just in time for Halloween.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
If so, that's kind of crummy. Don't force me to download optional content I haven't actually acquired (and probably won't), you twits!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

gibbed posted:

This is likely to be Nightmare in North Point baked into the base game, I'm assuming they're going to release it tomorrow, just in time for Halloween.

gently caress. It's going to have to wait. I think AC3 is going to have me by the neck for the next foreseeable month.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Oh come now, Nightmare in North Point would take 3 hours to complete at most, and would be a perfect Halloween night treat. I'm already balls deep into AC III, but nothing will stop me from punching vampires in the mouth on the 31st.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Got it fixed.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 30, 2012

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
There are a few statues that don't seem to be accessible even though they're on the map. Am I just not figuring it out or do some of them become accessible later?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Don't worry about it, you'll get to them as the story progresses.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

There are a few statues that don't seem to be accessible even though they're on the map. Am I just not figuring it out or do some of them become accessible later?

Some of them might by boat access only, in a sewer type area or on a beach or something.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Wandle Cax posted:

Some of them might by boat access only, in a sewer type area or on a beach or something.

No, there are two statues in buildings that you will only be able to get during story missions later on, the other 10 are all accessible. One is at a gambling barge, which may need a bit of story advancement so that the favour that opens up the gambling den becomes available, but theres only gang fights in the sewers as all the statues are in above ground locations.

Not long until vampire punching time. Are you excited? I'm excited.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I still want my Free-roam Police outfit :colbert:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Croccers posted:

I still want my Free-roam Police outfit :colbert:

Well do I have some good news for you. The Ghost Pig pack out tomorrow, which is free, contains a collection of hats and unlocks the gold .40 cal pistol at the end of the game. If you have the Police Protection Pack, then it also puts the car into your garage, and the SWAT outfit into your wardrobe.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

gently caress yes, I'll finally be able to have a pistol tucked away at all times for emergency. That was my one big complaint right there.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Out on Steam! $5!? I was assuming it was going to be more along the lines of $15.

Edit: It's also available on GamersGate for those of you with the IGN 15% promo.

Edit 2: The second mission has the best cameo ever! :neckbeard:

gibbed fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 30, 2012

narujoe
Feb 16, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

gently caress yes, I'll finally be able to have a pistol tucked away at all times for emergency. That was my one big complaint right there.

I have the golden pistol in my safehouse already? Not sure how it got there, but I did buy a few dlc packs... None of them say anything about it though

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So yeah, this is so far "Wei and Old Salty Crab fight demons"

Which means DLC of the year in my books, we'll see how long it is though, $5 seems really cheap.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Do you launch it separately from the main menu? I'm worried it wouldn't work with my weird partially broken save.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Do you launch it separately from the main menu? I'm worried it wouldn't work with my weird partially broken save.
Yes, the DLC has its own saves.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Noice. You just made another sale.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
It feels like it'll be a little short but at $5, it's worth every penny so far. Quick Wei! Drink the antifreeze!

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
It's a pretty good DLC but it's kinda annoying that you can't use most of the moves you learn from the dojo during it like the jumpkick followup, special counterattack, stun followup kick and assumedly a bunch of others I didn't get around to testing or that there's no option to replay missions afterwards like in the main game.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I finished one of the energy fountain events with an extra hopping vampire left over. The vampire promptly hopped over to steal my car and drive away, leaving me stranded in an area the car valet refused to come to.

That fucker.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

If I have a save on Triad level 9 and a half, will playing through the DLC let me get the last little bit of triad XP I need?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Merrill Grinch posted:

The vampire promptly hopped over to steal my car and drive away

Carjacking Jiang Shi might be the greatest thing I've imagined today. I cannot wait to play this.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

SiKboy posted:

If I have a save on Triad level 9 and a half, will playing through the DLC let me get the last little bit of triad XP I need?

The DLC has no leveling up. As the first loading screen says face doesn't mean much when the dead are walking the streets!

This DLC is great though. Pretty funny and a few interesting mechanics and it doesn't go on so long to overstay it's welcome.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

randombattle posted:

The DLC has no leveling up. As the first loading screen says face doesn't mean much when the dead are walking the streets!

This DLC is great though. Pretty funny and a few interesting mechanics and it doesn't go on so long to overstay it's welcome.

how long is it approximately?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Merrill Grinch posted:

I finished one of the energy fountain events with an extra hopping vampire left over. The vampire promptly hopped over to steal my car and drive away, leaving me stranded in an area the car valet refused to come to.

That fucker.

Hahah, is this scripted or a random thing?

So how's the DLC work? Does it take your last save and you start with all your gear and abilities from there?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Probably in the range of 4-6 hours. Depending how deep you go into it with side missions and stuff.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Just started. Oh my god, Salty! And he's Not-Ping's uncle!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

The DLC is a completely separate thing that has no bearing on the actual single player game except that beating the DLC story gives you an unlock in the main game. (a jiang shi hat) completing activities (killing more zombies) gives you unlocks like clothing and cars, but there's nothing I've come across that isn't in the main game. Sadly my dreams of an unlockable Jack Burton outfit for defeating Chinese undead will remain a dream. . It's definitely not on the level of Undead Nightmare, but for the price, it's a fun little romp.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

randombattle posted:

Probably in the range of 4-6 hours. Depending how deep you go into it with side missions and stuff.

I skipped off after mission 2-3 since I want to go replay the main game again, but if this is really over 5 hours, that's a crazy deal for a DLC, and makes me excited for future United Front stuff.

Most DLC is $10-$15 for an hour that "explains the ending!", no dude, I just want to go fight demons with the cool characters from the base game, why do you not understand this.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 31, 2012

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Unless I'm misremembering, the DLC is maybe five story missions with an opening and ending cut scene, and all the activities are "kill all these zombies" or "kill all these zombies and this one bigger zombie". It's not a very huge expansion.

What it is, however, is a quick little DLC that lets you play as Wei Shen: Undead Hunter and beat up Chinese demons in your underpants. And it only costs five bucks. And it has more Old Salty Crab. If it were more expensive, I'd be annoyed by the lack of content compared to Undead Nightmare, but for five bucks? gently caress yeah, I'll take it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Old Salty Crab is the best character of 2012.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Rookersh posted:

So yeah, this is so far "Wei and Old Salty Crab fight demons"
Sold.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This ancient chinese tea is pretty good... wait I'm going blind now.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

The DLC price got bumped up to $6.99 on Steam for some :wtc: reason, it's still $4.99 on GMG and GamersGate, no idea how long that will last.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

gibbed posted:

The DLC price got bumped up to $6.99 on Steam for some :wtc: reason, it's still $4.99 on GMG and GamersGate, no idea how long that will last.
$3.75
Use the 25% off discount code :eng101:

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

Croccers posted:

$3.75
Use the 25% off discount code :eng101:
You might also have gotten some free games from GMG in the past, which you can trade in for credit. I got £1 off in addition to the 25% coupon and got the DLC for £1.40. It's been well worth it so far, even just for the dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
This is possibly the greatest piece of DLC ever made. It's loving glorious. Cheap, solid amount of content, goddamn hilarious, offers something different from the main story and includes everyone's favourite character Old Salty Crab.

I actually had to pause it and come in here and gush about it to people who will understand. It's just so good. My favourite moment was wrestling a Jiang Shi to the ground, and punching him repeatedly in the face with flaming fists while the civilian I was trying to rescue shouted "take him, not me".

Please buy this DLC so that they make more of this kind of thing.

• Locked thread