Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Zedicus Mann posted:

Has anyone here noticed that they took Vice City off the Steam store?
Maybe something to do with the 10th anniversary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Mammal Sauce posted:

Spring 2013 release confirmed.

R* themselves say the game world is going to outdo everything else they've done in terms of scale and detail. Already figured the countryside would be a pretty big deal from the trailer + screenshots but it's good to know it's gonna be way, way more than just Los Santos. Also the return of underwater swimming hinted at? Or maybe they'll give us scuba gear and harpoon guns :q:

You're thinking too small, SUBMARINES

Hopefully nuclear

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Episodes from Atlantis DLC Pack, only $29.99!

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I have an issue with Vice City where the transparency for plants (mainly the large bushes) is hosed up. What I mean is that when looking through a transparent part of the plants, anything behind it is invisible. It makes it really difficult if you're trying to drive through an area with a lot of the bushes together because then your vehicle is completely invisible. Does anyone know what I'm referring to and if so, if there's a solution?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Not putting RDR and GTA5 on PC seems weird when thet put GTA4 on some pretty aggressive sales. I cant imagine they dont make money on it.

If this doesnt come to PC I guess I probably wont get it :(

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Let me introduce myself, I'm a social disease.
If they released an HD Vice City + Vice City Stories for PC pack updated to be compatible with 360 controllers i'd definitely shoot my cashload into their moneybag.

EDIT: GUYS, please can we stop reminding us pc gamers that we'll never get the chance to play a good western shooter? Everytime I see RDR it makes me cry inside. As much as i've wished for a surprise RDR release I don't see it coming, and the 360 framerate makes me cringe so it infuriates me even further. *sigh*

Dave Mustard fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 31, 2012

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
No announced Wii U version is because of the lack of analogue triggers on the controller isn't it :negative:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

KoB posted:

Not putting RDR and GTA5 on PC seems weird when thet put GTA4 on some pretty aggressive sales. I cant imagine they dont make money on it.

I have no doubt it'll come to PC eventually, but whether the port will be any good is another matter.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

webmeister posted:

I have no doubt it'll come to PC eventually, but whether the port will be any good is another matter.

My computer could run GTA IV and Max Payne 3. I'd say I'll probably be okay. :smug:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

KoB posted:

Didn't the engine for RDR have to be torn down and rebuilt a couple of times and Rockstar was all "It's just not profitable to tear it down again for PC configurations, enjoy LA Noire!"? Bums me out. :(

Also if we're wishing for remakes and poo poo I would loooove a remastered San Andreas. I miss you, Radio Los Santos. And KDST. And Radio X.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Upmarket Mango posted:

I have an issue with Vice City where the transparency for plants (mainly the large bushes) is hosed up. What I mean is that when looking through a transparent part of the plants, anything behind it is invisible. It makes it really difficult if you're trying to drive through an area with a lot of the bushes together because then your vehicle is completely invisible. Does anyone know what I'm referring to and if so, if there's a solution?

This is simply how GTA Vice City always works.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Tumble posted:

If there are dogs in this game, you guys better not hurt them. Don't ever hurt dogs. My first and most important mission will be to protect the dogs, and to hunt down everybody that even thinks about hurting them.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I'm actually a bit nervous about how dogs are going to be used. Please just let dogs be my little buddies, Rockstar. I don't want to shoot them or make them fight.

I also don't want them to spread misinformation about Pits and Rottweilers to the impressionable European teenagers on GTAForums.

What is this poo poo? Racking up body counts in the high five figures is fine but you freak out over the thought of shooting a digital woof-woof? I'm gonna make it a point to kill every goddamn dog I see in this game now. gently caress 'em, the vile, slobbering, wet-nosed, hair-shedding lil' bastards. :colbert:

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

you left out all the ones who avoided hitting pedestrians and acted as non-violent as possible in GTA4 to stay in character as Niko

pretty sure it's possible to gently caress dudes and not be as big a human being as one of those people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
GTA may allow me to attach a sticky bomb to a tanker truck and detonate it in a busy street, but accidentally hurting a virtual pet is going too far.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

What is this poo poo? Racking up body counts in the high five figures is fine but you freak out over the thought of shooting a digital woof-woof? I'm gonna make it a point to kill every goddamn dog I see in this game now. gently caress 'em, the vile, slobbering, wet-nosed, hair-shedding lil' bastards. :colbert:

Seriously, those kinds of posts make me laugh. I remember being in 4th grade giggling at parking my car on an old lady carrying her groceries home, but dogs and lady cops are SACRED.

I wonder if people would drive carefully to not hit stray dogs if they added it to a GTA game? And eventually, after accidentally killing them enough times just not care. Which reminds me, stray dogs & cats digging through trash and crossing streets would definitely create a greater sense of realism in the cities.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Time to take care of a boring warehouse full of cattle...I mean, men...to slaughter.

Killing an animal though? Going too far. Call the PETA and get this game banned, I don't want my children to play a video game where you kill animals.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Dave Mustard posted:

I wonder if people would drive carefully to not hit stray dogs if they added it to a GTA game? And eventually, after accidentally killing them enough times just not care.

This is pretty much how it ends up for every object living and inanimate in the GTA world.

"poo poo, don't hit that cop!" "Aww man, so many street lights and dumpsters!"

to

"Heh yeah gently caress all of you, you saw me coming but didn't move idiot die die die :cool:"

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I don't go out of my way to kill people in GTA or sandbox games unless the weapons are fun enough to make such an act a blast. Since GTAIV didn't have fun weapons, I never really went out of my way to slaughter innocents. Still, I didn't particularly like killing innocents in IV either, but none of that has to do with Niko's character.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Really, I don't have much of an issue with shooting dogs. Guard dogs would make things a bit more interesting. I would just really hate if they had any dog fighting in game because that's less about killing something and more about horribly abusing it. I'm also a little uneasy about how certain breeds are depicted.

These are obviously pretty unfounded fears, but the image of the dude with the angry dog had me a bit concerned.

For reference, I felt bad in GTAIV when you had to kill the pretty decent lawyer and when I found out that you killed Jim.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 31, 2012

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I didn't actively try to kill peds unless it was something hilarious like pushing them in front of subway trains pulling into station. And if they were crossing a street while I was barreling through I didn't weep and reload a save or anything.

fake edit: I'm pretty sure I killed a ton of people while not trying to now that I think about it

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
There were plenty of domesticated animals to blow away in RDR, dogs included. You can even make buffalo an extinct species. I never heard any uproar about that. Why would dogs in GTA be any different? Not that I would do a dog any harm. Here's to hoping Rockstar puts in cats...

Looks like the GI reveal is going to be released digitally, too.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Since we're taliking about realism what are the chances they'll bring dismemberment back? Probably won't happen this generation because they'd need a new engine. But why did they take it out to begin with? Were the advances in graphics making it too disturbing?

I think full nudity of both sexes is inevitable in V because there's now precedent in Rockstar's recent games.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
When did GTA ever have dismemberment?

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

fuckpot posted:

When did GTA ever have dismemberment?

You could make someone nothing but a torso in III and blow someone's head off in SA.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

AngryCaterpillar posted:

You could make someone nothing but a torso in III and blow someone's head off in SA.
I think I can remember blowing someone's head off in SA but I can't remember dismemberment in III. It may have been taken out for the Australian version.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

fuckpot posted:

I think I can remember blowing someone's head off in SA but I can't remember dismemberment in III. It may have been taken out for the Australian version.

It was just with the sniper as far as I know. You could shoot someone's leg off and they would hop around before dying, I think. Australia did have some pretty significant cuts (wasn't it completely banned/recalled so they could release a censored version later?)

wa27 fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 31, 2012

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The PS2 GTA3 needed a button-press code to enable dismemberment.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Dismemberment has been sorely lacking in most games since ragdoll physics became a mainstay. IT'S A drat SHAME. I want to see somebody's intestines spool out across my windshield with PHYSICS.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I think full nudity of both sexes is inevitable in V because there's now precedent in Rockstar's recent games.
They apparently censored Redemption's nudity for the GOTY Edition for whatever reason. So, who knows for sure.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Install Gentoo posted:

This is simply how GTA Vice City always works.

drat, that blows. Not even a texture replacer would fix it?

LA attack
Apr 5, 2009

...But Awesome Takes Practice
All of this new info is getting me really excited. I find it pretty humors how already the inclusion of dogs has sparked so much discussion inside of this thread -- I can't wait to see if the media will latch onto this as well.

Farecoal posted:

You're thinking too small, SUBMARINES

Hopefully nuclear

That is what I was thinking when I read that too. Obviously there are already jet skis confirmed but I wonder what kind of other vehicles will return (sea sparrow/skimmer please)

Also, female cops. I didn't notice they were in the trailer until it was mentioned in this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awYG68r2Sz8&t=55s

I am pretty excited for the Vice City iOS/mobile port. I was just playing it on the xbox the other day and it really didn't seem like it aged well, but I played through GTA 3 on the iPhone and even completed the painful ambulance missions. I thought the port was pretty good and the graphics were quite impressive. I am just hoping that the iOS version won't require me to update my iOS version -- that is the only reason why I can't play Carmageddon on my iPhone and it sucks.

TheRealGunde
Aug 13, 2007

Dave Mustard posted:

Dismemberment has been sorely lacking in most games since ragdoll physics became a mainstay. IT'S A drat SHAME. I want to see somebody's intestines spool out across my windshield with PHYSICS.
I miss Soldier of Fortune. God drat that game was fun to blast through.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

marktheando posted:

This was rumoured ages ago based on a casting call Rockstar put out for a corrupt female cop, so sounds like she'll at least be a fairly prominent character. Maybe even playable, who knows?

Process server side missions confirmed.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ElwoodCuse posted:

The PS2 GTA3 needed a button-press code to enable dismemberment.

Yeah I remember that from GTA 3. It also made me think that they intended for dismembermen to be in the game, because the death animations fit so well with it. For instance when i shot someones arm of, they would clutch the stump while looking all surprised.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Himuro posted:

As someone who uses a pc as my main gaming platform, I'm curious as to how some of you pc gamers don't even have an xbox 360 or ps3?
I have a 360 but theres no game I would rather play with a gamepad than kb/m. Also theres modding and more than 25-30fps.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cage posted:

I have a 360 but theres no game I would rather play with a gamepad than kb/m. Also theres modding and more than 25-30fps.

Congrats but do you live in an alternate universe where the Arkham games (or any third person action game, really) don't exist? Sounds like a lovely place.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

DrNutt posted:

Congrats but do you live in an alternate universe where the Arkham games (or any third person action game, really) don't exist? Sounds like a lovely place.
What? GTA is a 3rd person game. I played the 1st batman game no problem and never got around to the 2nd one. Some people prefer gamepads for some stuff and kb/m for the other, I just prefer kb/m for all.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I'd love to see you play Ninja Gaiden with a kbm.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Himuro posted:

I'd love to see you play Ninja Gaiden with a kbm.
I'd love to play Ninja Gaiden on a PC too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
When Bayonetta and Vanquish come to pc, for the sake of science please record a video of you playing them with kbm so we can laugh and/or marvel at your gaming skills.

• Locked thread