Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Is Blood Soaked Shield actually supposed to be a 5-point skill? I tried out anarchy tonight for the first time and being able to recharge your shields 100% instantly after each kill seems really broken. It's also only a 1-point skill on the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I just take the skill that allows me to keep Gunzerking when I'm in FFYL. Really puts the truth into Salvador's "THIS DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING; YOU'RE STILL GONNA DIE!" bit. I've found that keeping a rocket launcher in one of my slots helps, especially since I have a Waka 12 Pounder that does 350K base damage (although that one has a bouncing grenade shot instead of a rocket, so you gotta hit dead on) and another Torgue that does about 275K base. Hyperion "Critcal Thinking" slag shotgun in the other slot for that pair and well, not much lives through over half a mil's worth of damage.

I think my record is six Second Winds before the bar was just "FOR gently caress'S SAKE JUST DIE" and disappeared pretty much the moment it popped up.

If you get a second wind off that your second wind timer resets. I only know because I go down a lot using he Chullaine and get back up almost immediately thanks to it + a shock enhanced death trap.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The Rokstar posted:

Is Blood Soaked Shield actually supposed to be a 5-point skill? I tried out anarchy tonight for the first time and being able to recharge your shields 100% instantly after each kill seems really broken. It's also only a 1-point skill on the website.

Yeah its a 5 point skill, the website is bugged.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The thing that makes it not broken is the fact that max Blood-Soaked Shields will dock you 5% of your health every time you kill. You need to have some sort of health regeneration to sustain yourself.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The only story mission I still need to do is the final one and I still haven't gotten the quest to kill Dukino's mom. GameFAQs says I need to get it from the bounty board in Sanctuary, but there's no mission there. What do I do?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

...! posted:

The only story mission I still need to do is the final one and I still haven't gotten the quest to kill Dukino's mom. GameFAQs says I need to get it from the bounty board in Sanctuary, but there's no mission there. What do I do?

Have you done the quest at the skag-house in Lynchwood?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Are you referring to the one with the skag pup that you have to feed, etc.? I've finished most of that one except for the last part, which GameFAQs says that I must have gotten the other quest on my quest list in order to complete it.

Uh... OK... I tried that quest again and was able to complete it. The last time I tried, nothing happened. I guess it glitched? :confused:

...! fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 31, 2012

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

The Rokstar posted:

It might seem broken, especially if you're still low level, but Anarchy would basically be impossible without it for the last half of playthrough two. Your shield gets stripped in just two or three bullets and you need to be right up in your enemy's face to hit them. If you didn't get your shield back every time you'd be dead before you closed the gap to the next enemy.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Speedball posted:

The thing that makes it not broken is the fact that max Blood-Soaked Shields will dock you 5% of your health every time you kill. You need to have some sort of health regeneration to sustain yourself.
I counter that with a shotgun that reloads after every shot and 5 points in Cooking Up Trouble. That 5% recharges in a little over a second.

Before this I had been focusing primarily on Deathtrap skills, but I think I'm doing Anarchy from now on.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

a shameful boehner posted:

I think I like Gun Lust the best so far. Rampage is great, but the amount of bonus damage Gun Lust gives you with No Kill like Overkill, Money Shot and Keep it Piping Hot is insane. I used a blue, 30-ish shotgun on a pirate last night and it did 137k damage on the last shot. Right now I'm using an e-tech electricity SMG and an e-tech slag SMG.

You definitely take a survivability hit, but being able to Gunzerk in FFYL makes it a lot easier to pull Second Winds when needed.

I like Gunlust a lot too. I think its pretty entertaining too when you get a big money shot and then overkill your way through a bunch of guys. Especially nice when sniping.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Hadn't seen these posted yet...

SHiFT codes for new skins, as seen on Facebook:

Maya (Fright of the Bumblebee)
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Salvador (Killer Bee)
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

The other three will be posted during the day; Axton is next at 2 PM Central US.

Codes are active through Nov. 4 (Sunday), 11:55 pm Central US time.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

So I downloaded the Scarlett dlc, but oasis doesn't appear on my fast travel. I've restarted my console and reinstalled the dlc file. Am I missing something?

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
Can we still grenade jump like in Borderlands1?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

So I downloaded the Scarlett dlc, but oasis doesn't appear on my fast travel. I've restarted my console and reinstalled the dlc file. Am I missing something?

You sure? It's very innocuously inserted into the list, usually near Sanctuary (and sometimes Sanctuary is at the top or at the bottom, depending on your place in the story).

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Xidus posted:

Can we still grenade jump like in Borderlands1?

You're more likely to blow your rear end up if you do now.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Yeah if you stand in the blast radius of your own grenade it's pretty likely that you will die.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Just a heads up, I wouldn't recommend doing all the costume codes at once. I did it for the maya and salvadore skins and only maya's showed up in my inventory at first. after using it, i went back to the shift section, clicked on the salvadore skin entry a couple times and went back into the game, then it showed in the inventory.

Get a skin, use it, then get another. Probably save some headaches.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
New code for Axton (Yellowjacket):

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

This code will be active until Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 11:55PM CT -- find out what time that is for you here: http://bit.ly/Sb8Ogf

NOTE: Upon redeeming the above SHiFT code, the corresponding item will be added to your inventory the next time you load or create a character. If you have redeemed multiple SHiFT codes and queued up multiple inventory items, one will be added to your inventory each time a character is loaded. (This is what the above poster was referring to, I believe.)

Next code at 4 PM Central US (about two hours from this post).

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 31, 2012

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
why are they all bee/wasp based? Is this some kind of running joke I don't know?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Something tells me it's a Homestar Runner joke. They're all dressed as "the bee".

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Are you at least level 15? I don't believe you can access it before then.

VVV
Edit: I poked around. One of the reviews when it released said you had to be level 15, but it looks like they were misconstruing another review saying you should wait until you were level 15.

Russad fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 31, 2012

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Russad posted:

My Mechromancer can at 9.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Russad posted:

Whoops I figured it out. Works fine.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

Dewgy posted:

Something tells me it's a Homestar Runner joke. They're all dressed as "the bee".

It's a consolation prize for the upcoming nerf of The Bee wherein your entire shield drains whenever you shoot. (This is a joke.)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dross posted:

My Mechromancer can at 9.

My commando could. AT 1.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

Dross posted:

Yeah if you stand in the blast radius of your own grenade it's pretty likely that you will die.

What if you used a low level nade

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.

Xguard86 posted:

why are they all bee/wasp based? Is this some kind of running joke I don't know?

Bees are loving frightening.

EDIT: Or the beginning of an elaborate callback to ilovebees just in time for Halo 4 :tinfoil:

Judge Ito Boxing fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 31, 2012

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
I just got this and i'm really, really loving enjoying it. How do those Shift codes work though? Obviously the ones above last till the 5th of november but how do i get more golden keys (I opened the box as soon as i got to sanctuary like an idiot) etc.

Are the golden keys single use codes or can everyone use them once?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

They're timed redemptions. Everyone can use them until they expire.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
Guess i best start paying attention to when they up then.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Fourth code is up for Zer0's skin.

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C

Same rules as before.

Gaige's comes up in two hours.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 31, 2012

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
I was watching someone play this on PC and he could see the invisible soldiers. What's the deal with that? This is what they looked like to him;

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xidus fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 31, 2012

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Xidus posted:

I was watching someone play this on PC and he could see the invisible soldiers. What's the deal with that? This is what they looked like to him;

That's how they look on the PS3 version too.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I think they might kind of flicker between that Predator-semi-invisibility cloak deal and total invisibility.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

BGrifter posted:

That's how they look on the PS3 version too.

Is that a zer0 thing then? They definitely don't look like that with maya or sal.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Xidus posted:

Is that a zer0 thing then? They definitely don't look like that with maya or sal.

Could be, Zer0 is my only 50 with my Maya at 20 as my second highest character.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Xidus posted:

I'm on PS3 and I've seen them sometimes completely invisible, sometimes like that. I think they go from visible, to completely invisible, to the sort of thing in that image. And then they go back to visible when they get close to you or attack you or something like that, I don't know what causes them to swap between them.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax
So I'm in TVHM with Zero and I've noticed all the boss drops have fallen through the world. I haven't received a single gun from any boss. I've watched them disappear and at first I just thought it was me seeing things but I killed Doc Mercy and the quest item fell through the world too. Is this a common problem? Because this sucks.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Samurai Sanders posted:

Gunzerking with conference calls. It's so much fun to even just talk about this game.

I might take a Gunzerker to 50 so I can Gunzerk with two Maggies and a Bee. That sounds like it would cause so much pain.

ClemenSalad posted:

So I'm in TVHM with Zero and I've noticed all the boss drops have fallen through the world. I haven't received a single gun from any boss. I've watched them disappear and at first I just thought it was me seeing things but I killed Doc Mercy and the quest item fell through the world too. Is this a common problem? Because this sucks.

One thing I've noticed with both Axton and Gaige in TVHM is that Flynt's Tinderbox gun, which drops every drat time in normal mode, never drops. I don't know if it just doesn't spawn, or falls through the world, or what, but I've never seen it in TVHM.

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Does anyone on 360 have a Maggie or any of the legendary ARs they'd be willing to dupe for me?

I've got a Bee, corrosive Conference Call, Babymaker, 67% Tediore mag size relic and quite a few other oranges.

Arrath777

• Locked thread