Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Distant second. :smug:

Wow son, where your dingers at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Goddamnit Tiant. Niekro will start full time in the fifth spot on the rotation.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mornacale posted:

Wow son, where your dingers at?
I am a humble manager and do not wish to run up the score.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Well, I am prone to over-analyzing and over-exaggerating things in my head. I'll stay in the league.

That said, there have been some injuries on my team. Am I allowed to move players from my feeder teams (is that the right term?) into the roster, or will I just have to tough it out?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Well, I am prone to over-analyzing and over-exaggerating things in my head. I'll stay in the league.

That said, there have been some injuries on my team. Am I allowed to move players from my feeder teams (is that the right term?) into the roster, or will I just have to tough it out?

You won't be able to call from your feeder teams until after the season. You can make trades with other owners though.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

hahaha, figures the two teams from Washington are the worst teams in the league. Art imitates life.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

BearDrivingTruck posted:

You've got some guys on your feeders that I wouldn't mind taking shots in the dark on, if you want a fill-in starting pitcher for cheap.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Well, I think I was in completely over my head when I decided to enter this league. I have absolutely no idea as to what I'm doing, and my personal life has taken a strange turn.

A few things

A) You can mostly relax about injuries, especially pitching injuries. The AI will fill the gap as best it can with the resources available, and it tends to make good decisions, especially with managing pitchers.

B) Given A, the level of personal involvement you need in the league is minimal - aside from the seasonal draft, you can essentially let your team run on autopilot.

C) In the EC you want to win the entire thing, or lose really hard to get better draft picks. Having rotation problems gives you a better shot at a top 3 draft pick, which is gonna be something good - Aging ted williams will probably be the number 2 pick, and Grover Alexander will feature top 5.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
How on earth do I not have the highest ERA in the Orange League?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

A few things

A) You can mostly relax about injuries, especially pitching injuries. The AI will fill the gap as best it can with the resources available, and it tends to make good decisions, especially with managing pitchers.

B) Given A, the level of personal involvement you need in the league is minimal - aside from the seasonal draft, you can essentially let your team run on autopilot.

C) In the EC you want to win the entire thing, or lose really hard to get better draft picks. Having rotation problems gives you a better shot at a top 3 draft pick, which is gonna be something good - Aging ted williams will probably be the number 2 pick, and Grover Alexander will feature top 5.

I have a slight quibble with A insofar as, by my count, he is now one pitcher short of a full staff and will have to using a BM person for nearly a month.

On the other hand, given C and the fact that he's in my division... :v:

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League VII, Smasher League Week 18: Dog Days

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

COMANCHEROS CONTINUE ROARING RAMPAGE OF REVENGE, BLANK TED SOX 6-0

Coahuila- The Comancheros may have been awful for the first three months of the season, but now they're back in form...and angry.

The Comancheros kept their hot streak alive today with a 6-0 thrashing of the sinking Ted Sox. Luis Tiant pitched seven scoreless innings, easily powering the Comancheros to a win, while Ted Sox starter Stan Coveleski was let down by his team's defense and offense, and took the loss.

For Warm Sarsaparilla, it was a good day, "You know, I throw the word 'cocksucker' around a lot. And for good reason, because my team has really been nothing more than a bunch of cocksuckers this entire year. But now, I'm almost half proud of these fuckers. Guys are almost good enough to be real me. But that's not what I want to talk about today. I want to talk about Star Wars: Episode VII. You know, there's a lot of poo poo in this world, and about 90% of it comes from people not knowing when to let poo poo go. George Lucas couldn't let poo poo go, and so we got three lovely prequels. But then even he had to admit that Star Wars was other. And, after a whole lot of pain and suffering and just god-damned misery, we could put that behind us and try to remember that Star Wars used to be good. And now these Mickey Mouse cocksuckers are going to make another loving Star Wars movie, and it's going to feature the continuing adventures of Luke Skywalker and company. You know, that's loving fantastic. Maybe Chris Pine can be a lovely Luke Skywalker and a lovely Luke Skywalker at the same drat time."

Moose responded to these comments in a measured way, "I respect my opponent, and I think he is a good man, but on the issue of the next Star Wars movie, I happen to fundamentally disagree. What makes America great is the ability of our corporations to extract as much money as they can from intellectual property. Letting a hot property like Star Wars lie fallow in the theaters, maybe forever? I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound American to me. If we can reboot Spider-man twice in a decade, why can't we make more Star Wars movies? If we can make Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern, the we can certainly make Ryan Reynolds Han Solo. I believe that we can do these things, because I know that there is nothing America can't do! USA! USA! USA! USA!" Moose then paused for just a moment.

"Well, America can't save the Ted Sox from relegation, I guess..."

Box Score

Don May posted:

CTHULHUDREAMS LEARNS ABOUT HUMAN EMOTION AS CULTISTS EDGE MOOGLIES 1-0

Dunwich- The Mooglies may not have gotten the win, but at least they taught CthulhuDreams an important lesson.

Trailing 1-0 in the top of the ninth, the Mooglies were done to their last out. With a man on first, Chipper Jones came up as the potential go-ahead run. But, before he could bat, The Goog interrupted the game to give an impassioned speech, "You see, Cthulhu, these teams, these players, they aren't just numbers and statistics. That's not what baseball is about! That's not even what virtual baseball is about. The Super-League has always been about love, but terrestrial and cosmic. And I love you, Cthulhu, and I love all of the other Superstars owners, because we proved that there can be more to this game that just trying to screw over the other teams. Together, we formed our own little superconsciousness! And because I am so filled with this love, I know that Chipper Jones will feel my love and use it to fuel a game-winning! I love you, Jonesy! Do it for the greater enlightenment of all mankind!"

Jones then hit a weak pop out down the first base line for the final out.

After the game, Cthulhu said he actually was moved by The Goog's speech, "Oh, his speech affected me greatly. Before today, I had never truly hated someone, but now? I hate The Goog. I hate his stupid team, I hate his stupid speeches, I hate the way that his mismanagement has killed the Superstars...Happy Felsch in right field? Yes, let's trust a player whose main accomplishment was throwing games for profit! And you know what they say, that there's a fine line between love at hate, Goog. So I must be just a hair's breadth away from loving more than I anyone I have ever met!"

Box Score

Don May posted:

JUGGERNAUTS USE POWER OF FOUR FOXXES TO WIN GAME, STILL DOOMED

Juneau- Some one had to win this game.

Neither team, if there is any justice in the world, will survive this season. Both have been given more than their fair chances to succeed in the Super-League, and both have failed utterly.

The team that was most disappointing today turned out to be the Superstars, who lost the game was well as Derek Jeter. It turned out that the four Jimmie Foxxes, with not much else to do on their dying team, have formed some sort of bizarre gang that periodically attacks players they don't like for whatever reason. Today, the Foxxes apparently decided that they didn't care much for Derek Jeter, and some ambushed him after the game, breaking both knees and putting him out for the rest of the season.

Further compounding matters, the Superstars somehow ran out of healthy starters and so were forced to start Jason Motte, which, although it didn't single-handedly cause their defeat, certainly did not help matters. With Motte only being able to give them five innings, they then had to turn to Joaquin Benoit, acquired midseason in a trade, to keep them going. Benoit gave up three runs in less than three innings and essentially ended the Superstars' chances of winning the game.

The Juggernauts, an inspiration to the last, were able to win the game, but hardly looked impressive in the process. The Quad-Foxx defense, ugly in theory, is even worse in practice, especially the right fielder Foxx, who lacks both the range and the arm to play that position. Warren Spahn, the starter, said after the game that, "Playing in front three Jimmie Foxxes in the field makes me want to quit right here and now. Every time a ball gets hit into play, a wave of nausea hits me. I wonder, can the Foxxes make this play, or am I just totally hosed here?"

Neither factorialite nor the Superstars' ownership group was asked for comments after the game as per a new league directive from Commissar Dynamo, asking reporters to 'avoid writing stories about horrible teams that are pathetic failures that I will soon wipe from this universe with but a thought, the reckoning you all call the Gauntlet is soon at hand, and I will see the Juggernauts and Superstars dead. They have betrayed the spirit of my Super-League, and so I will unmake them.'

Box Score

Hope Springs Eternal! Your Team? Not so much...

Analysis

The Bobbleheads keep rolling and Gehringer is back.

Analysis

Let's just put Winfield back at RF before things get any worse.

Analysis

Still streaking! Seems like your hitters have finally realized that they don't completely suck.

Analysis

Winners by default, looks like.

Analysis

Just remember, it's always darkest before dawn...and your team is scheduled to die at daybreak.

Analysis

Willie McCovey is trying to homer your team out of this situation, and it's not really working.

Analysis

I guess the Juggernauts still have a chance of surviving, but probably not a great chance. Please don't deprive me of the joy of finally relegating your team. I've been waiting seven seasons for this.

Analysis

Just in the wrong division. Aaron can probably come back in now.

Analysis

Recent playoff heroics aside, Barry Zito is still not the answer.

Analysis

The moral is, while you don't need an incredibly deep bench, you do need some reserve players to survive.

Analysis

The Mathematicians are a weird team I still don't have a feel for. Then again, if only they could get anything from Posey, they'd probably be a lock to survive.

Analysis

Experiment: Failed!

Analysis

Lost a game to the Mooglies? Panic time!

Analysis

Your regular season is over for all intents and purposes. Relax, take a load off, and I'll see you in the playoffs.

Analysis

The Ted Sox are going to have to go through the Gauntlet. Plan accordingly.

Analysis

Much like the '80s, the Goose Eggs are best left forgotten.

Standings

The Leaderboard screenshots...they didn't make it, man! They didn't make it!

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Alright. Now that I have all my team back healthy, let's go back to my normal lineup.

Cobb RF
Boggs 3B
Mantle CF
Cabrera DH
Piazza C
Olerud 1B
Stargell LF
Ripken SS
Whitaker 2B

Back to a 5 man rotation for me, Brown/Verlander/Santana/Summers/John.

Also, let's up the Stolen Bases/Hit and Run sliders to +4, the Sacrifice Bunt/Squeeze Play sliders to -5 and the Cutoff Throws slider to +5, and the Large Pitch Counts/Pitch Through Trouble sliders to +3.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

ForeverBWFC posted:

Daulton in for Ted Simmons this week, then Daulton becomes Cy Young's personal catcher (take two!). Rolen and Olerud back in at 3B and 1B respectively. Snider comes back in at CF, Moseby to DH. Delahanty goes to SS for the week, give Cabrera a much needed week off.

Smasher, why do you hate my rotation of players? I try to rest them and you only seem to want to hurt them!

Ted Simmons back in at Catcher, Daulton becomes Young's personal catcher. Delahanty in at SS for the week, Moseby to DH, Snider to CF. Olerud and Rolen return to their positions.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
How do they say "the screenshots are taken well before the update" in Boltonese?

Is 'bloody' used? I bet bloody is used.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Superstars owners!

Can one of you with lineup authority to do the following:

A) Sell me Stan Williams and Plezach for a hill of beans. Failing that

B) Move Stan Williams to closer. Move BJ Ryan to short relief. Fire Benoit about a cannon.

When you cease being rained out, let's see what we can do to fix this.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

Smasher Dynamo posted:

How do they say "the screenshots are taken well before the update" in Boltonese?

Is 'bloody' used? I bet bloody is used.

"Stop bein' such a soft oval office, it's my game and your players'll sleep when I bloody tell 'em they bloody can, aurite?!" Would be an accepted translation.

If Cabrera is no longer sore, move him back in at SS and move Delahanty to 2B. If he is still sore then keep up stopgap measures for another week.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Yeah, let's put Winfield back in. How the Hell did Jackson do such a horrible job anyhow... he is a Hall of Famer for Christs sake. drat stacked league.

If Ramirez isn't tired any more put him back in as well.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Playing for safety at this point, basically. Regretting not taking that Posey for Ivan Rodriguez deal I got offered. Oh well! Posey can go back in now. If we do avoid the Gauntlet, everyone gets honorary knighthoods except him.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

The Goog posted:

Philadelphia Failures

Kevin Youkilis can't stay healthy or hit well if he's playing third, and Carl Crawford sucks and got hurt. Some things never change.

What a thoroughly mediocre team I have. Woo.

Let's see what I can do to fix some of these issues.

Move Youkilis to the bench. Make Ensberg the starting 3B.

Make Ellsbury DH and bench Ortiz.

Start Biggio at second for a week, then switch back to Pedroia.

The lineup should be as follows:

1. 2B - Biggio (Pedroia in here after a week)
2. 3B - Ensberg
3. RF - Berkman
4. CF - Lankford
5. DH - Ellsbury
6. 1B - Gonzalez
7. LF - Gilkey
8. C - Saltalamacchia (O'Farrell catching for Alexander)
9. SS - Smith

Demote Lidge to short relief. Promote Worrell to setup man.

The bullpen should be as follows:

CL - Papelbon
SU - Worrell
SR - Lidge
MR - Smith
LR - Beckett
LR - Lester

Finally, recall Max Flack to sit on the bench. I don't think it was done after the last sim even though I mentioned it.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Revenant Threshold posted:

Playing for safety at this point, basically. Regretting not taking that Posey for Ivan Rodriguez deal I got offered. Oh well! Posey can go back in now. If we do avoid the Gauntlet, everyone gets honorary knighthoods except him.

Still stands if you want him. I have 2001 Irod and will deal him straight over for Posey.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 31, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

mentholmoose posted:

Make Ellsbury DH and bench Ortiz.

Two months of performance in the Expansion Cup does not mean more than the fact that 2011 Jacoby Ellsbury had exactly zero useful offensive seasons on his record, or that David Ortiz is still a near-elite lefthanded hitter. I strongly urge you to think about what you're doing.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Superstars owners!

Can one of you with lineup authority to do the following:

B) Move Stan Williams to closer. Move BJ Ryan to short relief. Fire Benoit about a cannon.

Yeah, sure, let's do this. Was Williams even on the 25-man? I don't think so. So we'll send Benoit down to AAA to make room for him.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Luna Landers

We don't have a day off for the rest of the month, and we have the W's and Bobbles coming up after this week. Unfortunately, we can't really afford to rest anybody at this point, as we're teetering on the brink of elimination. Even so:

Lineup:

LF Raines
2B Collins
1B Gehrig
CF DiMaggio
DH Ramirez
RF Aaron
C Hartnett
3B Brett
SS Joost

This will give the slumping Nomar a week off to heal while I decide whether he's worth challenging.

Munson continues in his current personal catcher role.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Smasher League Week 19 Injury Report
The Super-League is now willing to accept ironic appreciation

Finger Lakes Phoenixes
Mike Cameron (OF) (...is still on your team, in case you forgot) - 15 days

Juneau Juggernauts
Nomar Garciaparra (IF) (Just another victim of Foxx-gang violence) - 7 days

Luna Landers
Dwayne Murphy (OF) (Moon Madness!) - 21 days

Madison Mudholes
Gary Sheffield (RF) (Tried to win Mudholes' 'drink a 30-pack during a game and get the beer for free' challenge...didn't go well.) - 10 days

Oxbridge Mathematicians
Chuck Klein (RF) (Tried black pudding) - 7 days

Rated R Superstars
Jason Motte (RP) (Jason Motte, getting up to relieve and...by god! That's Edge's music! What's he doing here! And he's cashing in his Money in the Bank Contract! And...he's calling for the spear! And down goes Motte! 1...2...3! And Edge has taken down Motte!) - 7 days

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Smasher League Week 19 Injury Report
The Super-League is now willing to accept ironic appreciation

Madison Mudholes
Gary Sheffield (RF) (Tried to win Mudholes' 'drink a 30-pack during a game and get the beer for free' challenge...didn't go well.) - 10 days

I'm pretty sure McCutcheon is still on the bench. DL Shef and replace with Cutch, but move him down to 7th in the batting order.

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN

Well that month didn't go how I wanted it to at all...I still going to hold on yo Big Mac for a while, but I might have to trade him away if my pitching doesn't step-up. Anyway here is the breakdown.

The Good

Everyone is hitting above .200 and my new lineup is working quite well.

The Bad

Canseco and J.D. Drew are not doing great and I'm not quite sure what I can do to fix this. So yeah... :/

The Ugly

I will kill everyone in my bullpen... Also, Ortiz is still starting... Why are you doing this to me.

The Fix

Let's try this Promote Curt Young to a Long Relief
Make Rijo a starter
Drop Ortiz to AAA
Put Furcal at 2B Just because Giles is tired.

Also would putting Giles at DH rest him?

Shadow gamer fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 31, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League VII, Dynamo League Week 19: I've been out of good update titles since

Super-League IV!

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

BANGERS SURVIVE DERVISHES IN 13-12, 14-INNING GAME

Dubai- The Dervishes were heroic, but the Bangers, as always, were the superior villains.

The Finger-Bangers held a 10-0 lead going into the bottom of the sixth inning of today's game. It should have been over. All the Bangers needed to do was not completely collapse, and the game would be theirs.

But the Dervishes were not willing to concede, as Beet give his team just one directive, "Win." Over the next three innings, the Dervishes were able to call within five. Still, an 11-6 lead is rather secure, and Marauder could not have been particularly worried headed into the bottom of the ninth inning.

Perhaps he should have been.

In a furious comeback, including a two-run RBI triple by Johnny Bench and a costly error by Pop Lloyd, the Dervishes scored five runs, tying the game. But the Bangers were not ready to give up, even having lost their large lead, they still hung on, and managed to retire the side before giving up the walk-off run to the Dervishes, taking the game into extra innings.

Marauder then calmed his troops the only way he knew how, by flogging Terry Mulholland so that the other players would see the price of any further failures. The Bangers, now motivated to avoid the lash, struck first in extra innings, with a Duke Snider sac fly scoring Eric Davis to give them a 12-11 lead. Once again, the Bangers had a chance to end the game.

Those hopes did not last long as Stan Musial reached on an error and scored on an Earl Averill single to one again tie the game, this time at 12. The duel would continue.

By the fourteenth, both sides were exhausted. The Bangers, in particular, seemed completely drained, quickly making the first two outs of the top of the inning. But then Nap Lajoie caught a hold of a Borbon cutter for a double, and Duke Snider once again came through with the RBI, this time on a single to the right-center gap. The Bangers now had their third chance to come away with the win.

This time, the Dervishes, out of miracles, went down easily, with Jose Rijo working an easy 1-2-3 inning to secure the win. A relieved Marauder then spoke briefly to the press, "The Dervishes and the Bangers are on a course set by fate that no man can resist. Not long now, in just a few weeks, we will meet in the first round of the playoffs, one to eliminate the other. Today I proved that, in the moment of crisis, the Dervishes will be found wanting. Look at today's results, Beet, and see your team's doom!"

Box Score

Don May posted:

UNSPECS DEFEAT UNICORNS IN SLIGHTLY LESS EPIC 12-11

The Dome- The Unicorns and Unspecifieds have spent the entire season jockeying for position in the Sic Transit Vir Division, with the upstart Unspecifieds holding off the stagnant Unicorns through most of the first four months.

With the Unspecifieds holding a 9-6 lead in the top of the ninth, it looked like that wasn't about to change.

The Unicorns, however, despite having spent most of the past three seasons trailing behind the Finger-Bangers, weren't quite ready to fold to the Unspecifieds and mounted a rally, with Wagner getting on base with a triple, followed by three straight singles and then a McCann home run to give the Unicorns a 11-9 lead. Things were looking up for the Unicorns.

But the Unspecifieds were at their home in the dome, and it is very hard to hold onto a slim lead in that environment. The bottom of the ninth, as per tradition, starting with a deafening blast of white noise on the speaker system, designed to disorient the other team. This worked to perfection as Unicorns' closer Takashi Saito seemed out of sorts, giving up one walk and four hits to allow the Unspecifieds to score three runs of their own and walk off with a 12-11 decision, finally giving them a bit more separation over the Unicorns.

Unspecifieds' owner, and fugitive from the International Criminal Court, blackmongoose argued that today's win signaled the beginning of a new age, "For so long, for too long, the Unicorns, those shiftless, shapeless, hopeless sacks of mediocrity that have held up my revolution for too long. Only know do I realize that it is only through killing the Finger-Bangers that we can truly remake this league. And, with today's win, we are one step closer to that goal, to saving you all from a corrupt and decaying society. Soon..."

Box Score

Don May posted:

JOBA CHAMBERLAIN THROWS THREE-HITTER AGAINST BULLDOGS

Florida City- The gently caress happened here?

Joba Chamberlain has been many things in his career: hot prospect, fly bait, flameout, trampoline enthusiast, but a success has not been one of them.

And yet today he pitched nine innings of three-hit, one-run ball, making the Bulldogs look completely harmless in the process, and ensuring that the Oranges will retain the Intercontinental Championship for another series.

oldskool was disappointed...in the Bulldogs, "Let me tell you all a little story. When oldskool was just a baby owner in his first season in the Super-League, there was this team called the Skyhawks, and they were the greatest team ever. And I dreamed of my Oranges being as good. So, when the Oranges and the Skyhawks met that year in the playoffs, it didn't bother oldskool that the Skyhawks kicked his rear end all over town, because the Skyhawks were just that drat good.

"But then the Skyhawks got retired by the Macho Men, and TKBomber made the Phantom, who oldskool mainly remembers for kicking their sorry asses all over the Dynamo League, and then he tried the Bulldogs before the Phantoms were even dead, and, well, look what has happened to them now. The Bulldogs got beaten by Joba Chamberlain, who has got to be the sorriest piece of crap oldskool has ever put in his rotation, and it wasn't even close. The Joba only allowed three hits. And that's why TKBomber is just another chump who is a going to get relegated while oldskool is still Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiintercontinental Champion of the Super-League!"

Box Score

Numbers!

Analysis

All Cliff Leed needed to succeed was an elite defense working behind him. Who knew?

Analysis

Let's hope your newly healthy rotation can pull this together, because you are sliding down the Gauntlet standings at an alarm rate.

Analysis

The Imperialists' best season ever, thanks mainly to the rest of their division falling off a cliff.

Analysis

I really don't want your guys into the Gauntlet because with Bonds, there's almost no chance you'd actually be in any real danger.

Analysis

Oddly enough, the Generics are still hanging in there, which has to be at least a little concerning to you.

Analysis

Intercontinental title aside, you aren't exactly making up a lot of ground on the Losers, and you don't have a ton of time left in the season.

Analysis

The Bangers look back on form, which is good because the Unspecifieds are making a charge.

Analysis

You still need to replace Rickey Henderson at LF.

Analysis

No.

Analysis

We had joy, we had fun, now put Valenzuela in your rotation before something else goes wrong.

Analysis

But seriously, you let Joba pitch a complete game against you? I ought to relegate you for that alone.

Analysis

So, uh...did you know that Vassar is co-ed now? That's kind of weird, most female-only institutions really didn't move to being co-ed, but they did.

Analysis

The Generics will never die as long as one person believes in them, no matter how far under the Mendoza line Ron Santo goes.

Analysis

Satchel Paige has a K/BB ratio of 150/18.

Analysis

hdfgnwejrnw

Analysis

The Bearers are kind of hitting their stride...months after it would have made a difference, but still...

Standings and Leaders

Playoff/Gauntlet Picture

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Santo goes back to the minors where he belongs. :byewhore: Goose back to LF, Garciaparra to SS, Kent to 3B and the batting order ought look like:
code:
Al Kaline		CF
Tony Gwynn		RF
Jeff Kent		3B
Chick Hafey		CF
Robinson Cano		2B
Goose Goslin		LF
Nomar Garciaparra	SS
Yogi Berra		C 
[Pitcher Slot]		P
Thank you for not sucking Kaline.

Edit: Actually, going to swap Kaline and Garciaparra in the order, please make note.

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 1, 2012

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
FLUSHING FLYING DUTCHMAN:

The Dutchman have come back from no power with these lineup adjustments:

Righty Lineup:
Felipe Alou RF
Michael Young 2B
Alex Rodriguez SS
Willie Mays CF
Willie McCovey LF
Orlando Cepeda 1B
Tom Haller C
Hank Blalock 3B
P

Lefty Lineup:
Felipe Alou RF
Alex Rodriguez SS
Willie Mays CF
Pedro Guerrero LF
Orlando Cepeda 1B
Ed Bailey C
Jim Davenport 3B
Jose Pagan 2B
P

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Young Tom Seaver is finally living up to his potential, and, despite my bad defense, Paige has somehow out-pitched his dERA. I'll take it!

Now that Thomas and Cronin should be well-rested, I'm going to reinsert them into the vs RHP lineup and leave Ventura in the lineup as Youk seems to be in the midst of a cold spell. New vs RHP lineup:

2B Rose
LF Speaker
1B Thomas
CF Charleston
RF Robinson
SS Cronin
C Torre/Martinez
3B Ventura
P Pitcher

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

kw0134 posted:

Santo goes back to the minors where he belongs. :byewhore: Goose back to LF, Garciaparra to SS, Kent to 3B and the batting order ought look like:
code:
Al Kaline		CF
Tony Gwynn		RF
Jeff Kent		3B
Chick Hafey		CF
Robinson Cano		2B
Goose Goslin		LF
Nomar Garciaparra	SS
Yogi Berra		C 
[Pitcher Slot]		P
Thank you for not sucking Kaline.

Edit: Actually, going to swap Kaline and Garciaparra in the order, please make note.

You've got 4 dudes listed in the OF there. :shobon:

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Mornacale posted:

You've got 4 dudes listed in the OF there. :shobon:

kw0134 is trying out a new defensive strategy, four outfielders, no first baseman. It's a bold gambit, and I hope it works out for him.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

First baseman is totally overrated!

(Hafey plays 1B :blush:)

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

kw0134 is trying out a new defensive strategy, four outfielders, no first baseman. It's a bold gambit, and I hope it works out for him.

They've tried 4 infielders, 2 outfielders and king kelly doing whatever he felt like, so hey.. why not?

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Oxbridge Mathematicians
Chuck Klein (RF) (Tried black pudding) - 7 days

Beltran in for Klein. That's the streak of non-injuries since Vaughan broken, but a week off isn't terrible.

That said, nothing wrong with a nice black pudding. Of course, I also like haggis, so.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Revenant Threshold posted:

Beltran in for Klein. That's the streak of non-injuries since Vaughan broken, but a week off isn't terrible.

That said, nothing wrong with a nice black pudding. Of course, I also like haggis, so.

One of my players also fell ill a while back for the same reason. Maybe the Yanks don't like a proper Full English?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

The Goog posted:

Two months of performance in the Expansion Cup does not mean more than the fact that 2011 Jacoby Ellsbury had exactly zero useful offensive seasons on his record, or that David Ortiz is still a near-elite lefthanded hitter. I strongly urge you to think about what you're doing.

Alright, then. You obviously have more experience with BBM than I do, so:

Move Ellsbury back to the bench, make Ortiz the DH.

The lineup should be as follows:

code:
1. 2B - Biggio (Pedroia in here after a week)
2. 3B - Ensberg
3. RF - Berkman
4. CF - Lankford
5. 1B - Gonzalez
6. LF - Gilkey
7. DH - Ortiz
8. C - Saltalamacchia (O'Farrell catching for Alexander)
9. SS - Smith

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

ForeverBWFC posted:

One of my players also fell ill a while back for the same reason. Maybe the Yanks don't like a proper Full English?
I'm honest-to-god quite hungry for a Full English now.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Oh well, the second Gauntlet round's no different from the fifth - relegation is a certainty either way. As long as I don't flip my Expansion Cup record, I'll be content enough.

Bring Frank Thomas up and have him start again at 1B, since he's apparently healthy again. '07 Dunn makes way. Also, I know it's probably just the screenshot, but make sure the pitching is set to 5-man rotation.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Quick question regarding injuries in the EC. So my Gary Maddox is injured for 35 days. This happens to be 5 days longer than June. I am also aware that sims are done months at a time. Does this mean he will be our for June, as well as July in its entirety? Or will baseball mogul know to squeeze him back into the lineup after his injury is healed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

mentholmoose posted:

Alright, then. You obviously have more experience with BBM than I do, so:

You should probably keep in mind, though, that I've had one team retired after missing the playoffs, two teams relegated in their first season, and two more teams that also look to be relegated after their first season.

That said, perhaps you should consider platooning Ortiz with someone? Youkilis can probably hit lefties better.

Edit to add:

mks5000 posted:

Quick question regarding injuries in the EC. So my Gary Maddox is injured for 35 days. This happens to be 5 days longer than June. I am also aware that sims are done months at a time. Does this mean he will be our for June, as well as July in its entirety? Or will baseball mogul know to squeeze him back into the lineup after his injury is healed.

You would have to put him into your regular lineup if you wanted him to play in July. For the five days that he misses at the beginning of the month, either cbx or the AI would pencil in a replacement, and then for the rest of the month Maddox would go in as normal. This is probably preferable to setting a lineup that doesn't have Maddox in it at all for the entire month.