Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

I got all excited then I realized it's the same on that was posted like six posts up.

You used sirens though!

I, too, fell for the sirens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Yeah, I didn't even click on a random link with no sirens or indication it was a new strip. Oops I guess.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

terminal mehmet posted:

I, too, fell for the sirens.

It was hard to resist their sirens' call... :rimshot:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Javid posted:

Yeah, I didn't even click on a random link with no sirens or indication it was a new strip. Oops I guess.

And by "click a random link with no sirens or indication it was a new strip" you mean "read the thread" I take it.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I prefer when people do that because the giantitp website is blocked at work. Something Awfuls however...

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I love that Roy's surprised that they actually won.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Well Rich cut his hand on broken glass and can't draw for two months, I hope you're all proud of posting Goblins and causing this to happen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You guys jinxed it. Rich is not alright.

quote:

Hi Everyone,

This is Mrs. Giant writing (AKA Rich's WIfe). He wanted me to let you guys know some stuff that's been going on. Rich had an accident earlier this week; he injured his right hand pretty badly on broken glass and was rushed in to have emergency surgery. They repaired some severed tendons in his thumb and he's home now and recovering. But he won't be able to draw for at least six weeks (maybe longer, depending on how quickly the nerves in his thumb heal). And he didn't want to keep you guys in the dark for all that time.

He is planning on writing a more detailed post himself once he's able to sit at the computer and type with his left hand, but right now he's on some pretty strong painkillers. When he feels up to it, he'll be able to let you know when to expect the comic strip to return, as well as the timeframes for getting out the remaining autographed packages and crayon drawings from the Kickstarter Drive. I'll be helping him answer the backlog of emails from that next week sometime, but I don't really know his address-change system yet so it might take a little longer than normal while I learn it. The last few remaining packages that are set to ship from Ookoodook won't be affected by this, so they'll keep going out at the same rate.

Don't worry, OOTS will definitely return; the doctor is really confident that this is going to heal well, we just don't know yet how long it will take.

You guys have been so supportive and patient all year and Rich is really frustrated that he's letting you down by making you wait even longer for the stories he's been trying to bring to you. Just know that he is as eager to get back to creating the strip as you are to reading it. Thanks in advance for understanding, and hopefully you'll be hearing directly from Rich really soon.

Until then, think healing thoughts :)

~Mrs. Giant

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
It's just so unfortunate that he seems to get these kinds of things happen often. He has Crohn's or some disease as well as computer malfunctions, etc. that brings up delays like clockwork.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Noooo Rich! I hope he heals well! I'm happy to wait as long as it takes.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Well, all we can do is wish for him to get better.

So, that Rust Monster, Mimic and G. Cube comic is running a Kickstarter for a huggable Rust Monster? My job is in danger at the moment and people would moan at me being fiscally irresponcible if it were to arrive at the door in several weeks time so I can't get one! :( Anyone here taking up on the offer?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Agh, I just saw it in my email. Poor guy.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
God drat, and this is even before we asked if he was okay.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Eox posted:

God drat, and this is even before we asked if he was okay.

This is what happens when we don't ask it soon enough :ohdear:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It probably would have been funnier if he wrote that update while on painkillers.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Terror Sweat posted:

It probably would have been funnier if he wrote that update while on painkillers.

I hope he takes this opportunity in writing some plot twists

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Get well Rich!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nenonen posted:

I hope he takes this opportunity in writing some plot twists

He already did, long ago:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm glad the doctor is confident it's going to go well. "Complications" is shorthand for "living nightmare".

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Update on Rich's status. He's still not OK. :(

Kickstarter Update posted:

Posted by Rich Burlew Like

Hey gang, this is Rich again. Thanks to everyone for the hundreds of supportive messages and kind thoughts that you've all expressed through various channels. They've really helped me keep my spirits up during what has been a decidedly crappy time in my life. The vast majority of you have told me to take as much time as I need to heal up—which I will. But I still thought it would be good to update everyone on my status when I can, and when my wonderfully caring wife can type for me, as she's doing right now. (I'm down to one-finger hunt-and-peck typing otherwise, which is not good for much more than a tweet.)

I had a doctor's appointment Friday, and I'm happy to report that he was pleased with the way everything is healing. I'll have a cast on my hand until the beginning of November or so, after which I'll start physical therapy and we'll see how much control I have over my thumb. I don't know whether I will be able to draw on the computer right away or not—and even if I can, it may proceed a lot more slowly than normal until I get accustomed to it. Output will therefore definitely be low from me for the rest of this year, unfortunately. The regular strip is a high priority, but I'll also need to balance it with the digital stories that the Kickstarter backers paid me for back in March. Crayon drawings will probably need to wait until I'm done with therapy, however long that takes.

For Kickstarter backers, I talked to the folks at Ookoodook recently and they reported that they were expecting to be done with all shipping by today or tomorrow, not counting orders with some sort of problem with the address or whatever. And of course, not counting my autographed packages, which will have to wait until I can sign my name again. I still have to sit down with my wife and go through all the emails about orders that have piled up, so please be patient with us. If you wrote me with a last-minute address change, your package may have mailed without it being processed; we'll figure out a way to make sure your box gets to you anyway, even if it means shipping out a replacement.

Thanks again for all of your patience, and I'll be sure to pop up to let you know what's happening from time to time...at least when anything is happening, which isn't most days. I'm pretty much just laying in bed and reading, watching TV, and sleeping now. And thinking of ideas for future strips, when they come to me. Hopefully I'll get enough good ideas so that when I'm able to draw again, the comics will flow right out of me.

--Rich Burlew

P.S. from Mrs. Giant: I just want to take a moment to personally thank everyone who has sent well-wishes not only to Rich but to me as well. Your kind and caring nature never fails to amaze me. And don't worry, I'm not letting him do anything the doctor tells him to avoid. :)

And it included this picture of his thumb, from last week. Ow.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

That's not a normal sized thumb.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

terminal mehmet posted:

That's not a normal sized thumb.

That's why he's known informally as "the giant". Why, what did you expect?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I wonder what the gently caress was he doing with that glass to end up like that.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Call Now posted:

I wonder what the gently caress was he doing with that glass to end up like that.

Playing with Prince Rupert's Drops to see if he could work it into the comic, no doubt.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My Kickstarter reward still hasn't shipped.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Yeah, well I mean, y'know.

He did say the next day or two.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Endless Mike posted:

My Kickstarter reward still hasn't shipped.

Won't you feel like a jerk when it arrives and it's got Rich's severed thumb in it!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

That would make for a wicked talisman at Comic-Con!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Nenonen posted:

That would make for a wicked talisman at Comic-Con!

Welp, that's going to be a costume for a dozen people: cheap halloween severed thumb in a jar of clear/greenish gel tied around their neck.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Mods, please change my name to RICH BURLEWS THUMB, thanks.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Network Pesci posted:

Mods, please change my name to RICH BURLEWS THUMB, thanks.

BURLEW'S THUMB BREAKER, more like.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Pope Guilty posted:

BURLEW'S THUMB BREAKER, more like.

Burlew's Slicing Thumb?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I hope Rich is not okay. :smug:

reverse psychology

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!
A new post in the OOTS thread, ooohhhhhh godddddd!!!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The trick would be to have like 20 posts so everyone is all UUUHNNNNFNFFFFFF with OOTS balls when they find out his hand is still stuffed.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks for getting my hopes up, guys. :mad:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Urdnot Fire posted:

Thanks for getting my hopes up, guys. :mad:

Just passing on the love.

Pay it forward!

On the plus side, when he starts again it would be a great time to read through the current arc and get a refresh. With the two bounty hunters (magic string!), Tarquin and Malack's relationship and the revelation of V's terrible deeds it has some decent heft to it.

Though by the time Rich gets to the last arc he'll have to give V chronic fatigue syndrome or something to stop him solving every problem with a spell. It's getting ridiculous the way he's literally started dropping him in holes to get him out of the way of the lower powered party.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 31, 2012

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Is this the thread we reply to so we can confuse everyone?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That's the one!

We should have an actual conversation too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

drat you all.

Paying it forwards anyways, suck it people posting after me :smug:

Last post on the page, foiled! :argh:

Alliterate Addict fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 31, 2012