Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!
My beagle Dominic at 6 weeks old

Sitting in my future ex-wife's lap on the way home

Taking a nap on the bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012
Luke and LoLo started as the wife's birds, now both of ours. Pets for the long haul.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bunch of slack-jawed ferrets around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Our new puppy Penny. She is a cattle dog mix. She is also a very difficult puppy like all the rest. Sometimes she makes me consider committing suicide :gibs: but I love her anyway.

Apologize for bad picture, my wife's camera phone is terrible.

E: She is 10 weeks

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 30, 2012

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I actually inherited this cat when I got together with my partner. Hes an 8 year old tabby. My partner saved him when he was 3 as he had 2 very bad owners before. He's also been ill this past week so here he is relaxing knowing he bankrupted me with vet bills.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Here's my pack of troublemakers:

Maria and Biscuit wishing you a happy birthday!

When she's not partying, Maria is actually quite studious

Biscuit remembers the Sabbath and keeps it holy

This is Sandy our newest addition. The shelter we got her from found her on the side of the road. Here she is re-living the hobo life (in my office)

Enjoying a dip in the creek after a run in the park.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Happy birthday, Bubba! You're 17 today!

His new favorite thing to do is to steal my glasses.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

KariOhki posted:

Happy birthday, Bubba! You're 17 today!

His new favorite thing to do is to steal my glasses.

Dude's gotta read somehow. That's a fine looking old cat! I hope mine hold up so well.

Incidentally it the two-year anniversary of the day I lured Peggy off the street and into our hearts. Well, first into our bathroom, but then into our hearts.

medium charcoal
Sep 17, 2011
This is lil' Vinny. I found him at the shelter about a month ago, hiding in a corner. According to them, he was found thrown out in a garbage bag in the rain :(

medium charcoal fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 2, 2012

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
drat paparazzi, ruining TV time by taking pictures.

king of the bongo fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 8, 2012

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
This is Jack and Ricki. My wife got Ricki (named for the Trailer Park Boys character by an ex)from a neighbours litter before she met me and she is the older sister at 5 years old. We adopted Jack a couple of years ago from a local shelter and he turned 3 this year. Occasionally they get along without it turning into playfighting. This is one of those times.

Ricki is literally half the size of Jack and so she makes a good pillow!

As well, you are not allowed to go to the bathroom in my house without Jack and occasionally Ricki. Jack as well must drink out of the tap, something he learned from his sister.

This is the other thing Jack does when he's in the bathroom with you. Lots of cute rolling and crying to be petted. While you're sitting on the toilet. Yes he's bizarre.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I've been busily slandering my late cattledog in the "Name our dog" thread, in an attempt to dissuade an inappropriate owner from buying a puppy. (It didn't work.) Now that unpleasantness is over and I don't feel the need to highlight all his flaws, I can tell you all the terrible truth: He was the loving best dog ever and I loved him.

It's been almost exactly a year since he died and I'm still cut up about it. Have some photos. (I hope posting dead pets isn't against the rules.)

Joe being terrorised by our miniature foxie, Vanya.

Joe refusing to negotiate with terrorists.

The majestic cattledog in its natural habitat. Joe was eleven when he died (these were the last photos I took of him) and he spent his quiet retirement guarding our yard from galahs.

Looking like he's in trouble for some reason. Look at those eyebrows. :3: He was the best dog. Next time I'm home, I'll try to find some baby photos. The only reason cattledogs have survived as a breed, when they're such unholy terrors as puppies, is that they are so cute it's surreal.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it
This is bailey dog :)

She's an almost 3 year old beagle mix - we think part Brittany Spaniel, not really sure. We rescued her from a kill shelter. gently caress those assholes. She's ours now!

She also almost never barks and is generally kind of a shy dog, especially around new people. It took her almost a full year to open up to us. now she is as playful as any other dog, and loves attention! Still takes her a while to warm up to people. I love her more than is reasonable. She's also my family's first dog!

Sometimes she goes a little crazy

Sometimes she's all smiles

But most of the time she is just very sleepy :)

the end

Kommienzuspadt fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 11, 2012

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Sorry, sad dead pet post

The white one was Cygnus, the grey one was Mastodon. Cygnus was my roommate's cat gotten from a shelter at extremely kitten age. Mastodon was my cat I got from a really shady shelter that basically said "take him now or he's gone" the first time I met him and turned out to not be 3 as they said but about 12 given the condition of his health. Both were very sweet cats. Both died from renal failure this year, Cygnus had just turned 2, Mastodon, well, we don't know. The ultrasounds on both showed congenial problems, and it's just horrible luck we lost both so close to each other and so quickly.

When I first got Mastodon (after living with Cygnus since kitten age and me being his favorite male in the house) Cygnus hated him, and every time they saw each other it turned into hissing and eventual swatting. Obviously they calmed down at some point but they both terrorized our 3rd cat who is still with us.

CarnivorousFawn
Oct 14, 2012
Sorry about your loss Saint Darwin, I lost my two dogs early this year. They were 13 and went within 2 months of each other, Kenya to kidney failure and Asia to surgery for a tumor in her chest. It was rough for me but it was quick and painless for them, which helps me deal with it. Never stops hurting though when they have been with you so long.

I have two cats myself, Icarus and Cleo. They are a brother/sister born under a friend's couch(His girlfriend was stupid and thought the mom cat,a calico, was a boy despite us telling her otherwise and her being a nurse) so I've known them their whole life. I couldn't leave them there, so I brought them home. And they took over. Icarus got his name because he takes flying leaps off of things and attempts to air attack. Before we knew Cleo was the only girl, we were calling her Runt-lstiltskin, because she was the smallest by far out of 4 kittens.

Icarus is the 16lb black and white monster and Cleopatra is the 9lb princess. The funny thing is she is the killer and he is the Derp. I always find scabs on him but never on her. He does deserve it though, he bites her when she is sleeping.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
My husband went on a work trip.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Playing with rocks

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Meet Byeori, or Star. Kind of a rescue off my Korean friend who's other cats weren't getting along with her. She's sweet as hell and barely 8 months old. Just had her spayed and she is a bit miffed with me over the situation.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Here's my two furballs:

Terra:

And Cael:

Those were all taken soon after we brought them home at about 4 months old. Now 3 months later they are 7 months old and a little bigger...

Terra is very ladylike:

And loves nothing more than to chase tails

She's so soft!! :swoon:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

nullscan posted:

Meet Byeori, or Star. Kind of a rescue off my Korean friend who's other cats weren't getting along with her. She's sweet as hell and barely 8 months old. Just had her spayed and she is a bit miffed with me over the situation.

Is that a trick of the guard, or is your cat frowning more than Tard the Cat?

Reference picture:

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I think it's just her pressing her face against the cone. Here's a pre-op 'Who are you talking to and what is a spay?" face.

That and her paw position just cracked me up in the cone picture.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Say hi to Micky, the newest member of our family.

He's our 14 week old dutch shepherd / lab mix we rescued two weeks ago. He's awesome.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Ugh why are you so adorable, Cali?

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!

Ckwiesr posted:

Say hi to Micky, the newest member of our family.

He's our 14 week old dutch shepherd / lab mix we rescued two weeks ago. He's awesome.

That puppy is beautiful! I love the lab mixes!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
You should lurk more read the OP post a picture of your pet.

Fat Scott

Skinny Scott

Posture is everything.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Hey Langley hows it goi-

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Cruxxed Up
Mar 30, 2011

Now you've done it.
My best friend (human, not the dog) stayed up allll last night because of

HUGE puppies! I have no idea how the mom managed it, she's such a bitty thing.

SatanKat
Aug 15, 2012

I realised I hadn't posted in here with my 8 pets. 2 dogs, 5 cats, and a tortoise.

Amadeus getting in my way

Barnabus, he really likes turkey legs

Jezebel, helping with some new furniture

Macavity and Yukiko, sisters

Keiko and Sasuke

An finally Torta

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

SatanKat posted:

Macavity and Yukiko, sisters

How can a floof cat and non-floof cat be siblings? :catstare:

These are my siblings:

And Leo loaf:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
Alright, I've had Cooper Elliot for a few weeks now, time to show him off:

He's now 15 weeks old and constantly a reminder that you should take the question "Should I get a puppy?" seriously but completely worth it.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Two of my three cats. Gwuen is the fat pillow on the right, about 10 years old; Pringle is the tuxedo kitten, about 7 months old. Sorry for the poor quality, but I was afraid to move too much or else they'd get up (which they did about 5 seconds after I took the pic). Pringle loves Gwuen and her (also so fat) brother Gobi, but they kinda tolerate her sometimes.

SatanKat
Aug 15, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

How can a floof cat and non-floof cat be siblings? :catstare:

It doesn't tend to be common, but it is possible. For one thing the mother can mate with numerous fathers, and these were cats that had free roam around a farm so who knows what cats are near.

Apart from this cat, bear, who was a feral cat which probably fathered most of the kittens. He was too feral to catch and get neutered (and the owners of the female cats were too useless to get them spayed before they got pregnant again).

An just another photo of Jezebel from when she was a little kitten and I went up to visit.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I love to see all of these cats!

WOLFIE - el gato que guaposo

littlevicious
Dec 24, 2005

my sweet little baby (well 14 year old baby): bazil. choc pt himalayan
bazil has her own eye health journal! she is recoving from a corneal ulcer: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513124

her very senile sister: cameo silver pt

younger house mate, lily: 11 yr old random/siamese
turkey on the wheelbarrow!

:)

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Jack, the miniature schnauzer. Currently loving the horrible weather right now. Still trying to figure how he's going to be using the bathroom in this weather.

Sarcelle
Mar 16, 2009

This is my elderly chihuahua Jim, showing off his huge, beautiful lazy eyes.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Say hi to the goons, Snakeeyes

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Nuala just... does this sometimes.

She was standing there for a good 30 seconds.

JibberJabberwocky
Mar 24, 2012

We've had Eris for about 3 years now. Her mother was, we think, abused to judge from the way she acted when our cousin took her in. She was also pregnant when adopted because she had a litter who all shared her mutated extra thumbs. This cat has hands (pictures forthcoming when I FIND her in the apartment) and she grasps like anything.

I took a picture of her one time and she just stuck her tongue out at the perfect moment to look dazed.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

A rare picture of Murphy standing still and looking handsome, just had to share it with the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

Bindi (5-y.o. Wirehaired Pointing Griffon) and Zoë (7-y.o. German Wirehaired Pointer) just joined the family this week after their previous owner retired to Hawaii and didn't want to put them through quarantine.

• Locked thread