Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

My mother works in insurance and she once had a client named Darkies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I had a distant relative that was a reverend named Jacob Ladder Burke. I think that name walks a fine line between terrible and kind of cool.

Boing!
May 23, 2012

Prism_Pink posted:

My sister had a friend at school called Will Raype, surprisingly he didn't seem to have that hard a time. To make things better his dad is called Howard which, yep, when said in our accent sounds exactly like hard.

If Dad's middle name is kid's first name, then Dad is named a most unfortunate statement.

I had a class last semester with a Windy--not Wendy; Windy. Her brother was called Raine and her sister Karma.

Apparently Raine's middle name was going to be Beau, but the sisters convinced their parents otherwise.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Oh, my god, I can't believe I'm still remembering these:

When I lived in Tokyo, one of my coworkers was named Sarin.

Yes, pronounced like sarin, just like the deadly gas.

Yes, the same deadly gas that Aum Shinrikyo members planted throughout the Tokyo subway, back in the nineties. The one that killed more than ten people and blinded almost a thousand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin_gas_attack_on_the_Tokyo_subway#Attack

Insult Comic Barbie
Apr 21, 2010
In the courthouse where I work, I sometimes encounter a Judge Richard Boner.

I don't know if he's related to any other Boners - when I was in high school, a historical home down the street bore a plaque declaring it the "Lick Boner House".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oh, I know a pair of old brothers.

Their names are Pacific and Ocean. (Their sister is named Ethel).

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Shugojin posted:

Oh, I know a pair of old brothers.

Their names are Pacific and Ocean. (Their sister is named Ethel).
Please tell me their surname is Waters :v:

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
When I went to school with Lee King and Joe King as well as Hugh Cumber.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

jojoinnit posted:

Please tell me their surname is Waters :v:

Nah. It's Greene.

Gestalt Pie
May 21, 2008

That's all that was in the cupboard!

Pochoclo posted:

Just posted my country's law on the subject, feel free to use it to cut down on retarded names, no need to send me money.

Seriously now, on the one hand, I'm not too keen on my country's law because it's rather strict, but on the other hand, apparently in the US you can name someone "Dogblaster Millenium Punkrock", and it can be a girl too.

This is from pages and pages back, but will a mod please change my name to Dogblaster Millenium Punkrock

TIA

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My sister works with a guy who named his son Boo-Tiger.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I recently worked on a customer's account belonging to a Mr. Vroom.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Two girls who rode the same school bus that I did were named Precious and Passion. I'm sure I've come across stranger names before, but those were probably the first.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Actual names I've come across:

At my current job I work with (or have worked with in the past) a guy called Stetson Blade <lastname>, two completely unrelated men called Thor (one of whom has the middle name Orion), a Tiffiny, a Lyndsey, three unrelated people with the surname of Butts (one of whom is a friend and takes my incessant mocking about it quite well), a Seven and my best friend, whose surname is Goes.

Off the top of my head, my husband also has a friend called Fecundo (which I know is not dirty but it looks like "feces" to me and never won't), and I've met at least three Britny/Brittny/Britni variations. I have cousins called Laurianne and Lesleigh, both born in the late 80s/early 90s.

Worst of all, thirteen years ago I had to have a serious, adult conversation with my ex-husband, last name Jackson, about why we could not, in fact, name our impending son Michael or Andrew. :sigh:

He didn't get off scot-free though, his middle name is Kirk. My own father made the first Star Trek joke when I was in the hospital.

Gearfeathers
Oct 30, 2012

I work for a company that deals with school pictures for kids in several states. As such, I often get to see all manner of names that people give their kids these days. In the past few years, I have seen twins named America and Princess, an Emandah, Chastity Faith, Sanctuary, a girl named Scout Lightfoot, and my new favorite A'Blessin'. Both apostrophes had been carefully written in, so I assume they're supposed to be there.

The season is just getting busy, though, so I'm sure I'll have more before much longer.

qerina
May 5, 2007
Going through paperwork last week, I discovered documents notarized by LaBoo Shah. A coworker currently has a client named Geronimo <Common Hispanic Last Name>.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Scout Lightfoot is awesome and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

I also know a guy named Thor, but it's short for Thorsten. If I were named Thorsten, I'd go by "Thor" too.

Years ago when I worked for a photo lab I had a regular customer whose surname was Pizza, pronounced "piz-zah." She said it was a bitch ordering from Domino's because they always thought she was loving with them.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I used to work with a guy named Richard Faglie, I also went to school with a Rebel Davis and my personal favorite Bob Oso. For you goons who aren't too hip on your spanish slang, boboso means idiot.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Krustic posted:

I used to work with a guy named Richard Faglie, I also went to school with a Rebel Davis and my personal favorite Bob Oso. For you goons who aren't too hip on your spanish slang, boboso means idiot.

More specifically, a drooling idiot. :eng101:

Boing!
May 23, 2012
My aunt used to work at a hotel as a receptionist, booking guests' stays over the phone. One man pronounced his surname to her as 'Uh-EYE-oh'. When she asked for the spelling there was a long pause, then he sheepishly muttered, 'E-I-E-I-O'.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I was just reading a job description for a research position into the causes of inflammatory bowel disease.
The name of the contact person was Professor Grant Butt.

tokillthesunflower
Oct 18, 2009

WHAT DID YOUR FATHER TEACH YOU?
Today, I voted for a Dick B. Strong.

Ok, technically it was Richard, but I mean c'mon.

T-Rexcellent
Nov 1, 2012
My mother told me about a girl who was in nursing school with her named Nancy Nicely. Nurse Nancy Nicely.

I went to kindergarten with a little boy named Martavious and high school with a girl named Vilictrious, but I think the worst was when I was in Walmart recently and I heard a mother calling her child Kimberlin, or more likely it was Kymburlynne or something.

Also, Bumgardner is a stupid last name. Even spell check says it's bullshit.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
We've got someone who married into our extended family and is now named Robin Steele. I don't think I could live with that name, so more power to her I guess.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

qerina posted:

A coworker currently has a client named Geronimo <Common Hispanic Last Name>.

My dad had to be talked out of naming my little brother Geronimo. It was apparently in the family somewhere, but my mom pointed out that if we ever moved out of the southwest, no one would know that it was meant to be 'hair-OH-nee-mo' and my brother would hate them forever. Lucky kid.

Also, working in a call center I came across someone with the last name Peeples. It's not much, but it makes me smile.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

All ex-coworkers:

Robin You (he was in Finance)
Marsha Mallow
Richard Roberts (Dick Bob)

heatherawr
Apr 16, 2011

I went to high school with a girl that said her parents wanted to give her a name that was a mix of their names, John and Rita.

She ended up being Jonarita.

I also knew of a guy named Abeer (which everyone laughed when an office assistant asked for "Abeer to front office." Also apparently, his parents owned a liquor store.

Ghost Kitten
Sep 3, 2011
There used to be a substitute teacher at my highschool named Gay Butts. Her husband's name was Harry .

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

T-Rexcellent posted:

Also, Bumgardner is a stupid last name. Even spell check says it's bullshit.

The guy who recently did the big skydive was named Felix Baumgartner. Bumgardner sounds like a weird Anglicization of it.

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

I stumbled on a person while at work with the last name Vagenas. I giggled for a straight minute. I get that's almost certainly pronounced 'vah-Hen-ahs' but still, thats just unfortunate in the English language.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
http://fedorasofokc.tumblr.com/post/34126647692/so-first-things-first-my-name-is-megazone

quote:

“So, first thing’s first - my name is MegaZone. No, I don’t mean my username, or my handle, or nickname. I mean - my *name* is MegaZone. Yes, that’s on my license and all - just MegaZone, no first/last. If we meet in person I’ll happily let you check my license for yourself.”

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
I remember my mother telling me about one of the ladies she taught with at elementary school. Her first name was Sunday and she married a man whose last name was Friday. Sunday Friday.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

My parents allegedly went to school with a guy who later changed his name as an adult to Savvy Flavours Tropical. This might be an urban legend, but I've received independent corroboration from many others, so who knows.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I used to work with a guy whose last name was "Ramsbottom". I actually asked him "how in the hell did you survive junior high school?".

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
State Farm insurance agent Crystal Metz (seen on a great big-rear end road sign)

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009
I feel bad for C Fartor, holder of an Air Miles account

Fyrex
Jan 29, 2010
Sputnik Neon Television
Legitimate first name of an ex classmate. His hippie parents were probably on acid.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I remembered this one today. My parents' old pastor was named Jean-Valjean. Like the character from Les Mis, except it was hyphenated as his first name. Jean-Valjean Simmons.

His family wasn't French, I think his parents just really liked the book. He went by Val, anyway.

Starbux
Jul 25, 2009

The Three Smugmigos
:smug::hf::mmmsmug::hf::smug:
Jeff Butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I know someone named Gay Crooks. I've always felt that the name would make for a great sitcom.

I went to highschool with a girl who's last name was Kenoff. (Un)fortunately, she did not have a brother named Jack.

I also taught sex-ed by a teacher named Ms. Gross