Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

I downloaded Episodes 1 2 and 3, but didn't find Episode 1 to be all that fantastic. I know every riff can't be Birdemic, so here's hoping for 2 and 3 to be a bit better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Liar posted:

I downloaded Episodes 1 2 and 3, but didn't find Episode 1 to be all that fantastic. I know every riff can't be Birdemic, so here's hoping for 2 and 3 to be a bit better.

I forget which one features Chad Vader, but that's easily a snore. I think I just bought all 6 at once anyways.

EDIT: ...I just admitted I don't have the Christmas Special, and now I have to buy it, don't I?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Christmas Special is an amazing riff for an amazing bit of... film.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo they NEED to do Sleepaway Camp. I just watched it because of the newest How Did This Get Made and that movie is loving insane.

Agreed. The whole film's on YouTube, and honestly it's just plain awful. And it's so goddamn 80's. The Rifftrax gang could of done a Halloween special with this one easy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Liar posted:

Agreed. The whole film's on YouTube, and honestly it's just plain awful. And it's so goddamn 80's. The Rifftrax gang could of done a Halloween special with this one easy.

That movie is amazing and everything about it is great. Also that mother is just completely batshit insane.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

bobkatt013 posted:

That movie is amazing and everything about it is great. Also that mother is just completely batshit insane.

And their shorts were so short. And way (!) to tight.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Christmas Special is an amazing riff for an amazing bit of... film.

I had to pause it several times because my head just hurt. That...thing was just bonkers. The advertisements are great too!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Popelmon posted:

And their shorts were so short. And way (!) to tight.

I had to pause it several times because my head just hurt. That...thing was just bonkers. The advertisements are great too!

"TOBOR is ROBOT spelled backwards. TOBOR by SHOPPER. SHOPPER is BUY TOBOR spelled backwards."

I don't know why, but that one cracks me up every time.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

"TOBOR is ROBOT spelled backwards. TOBOR by SHOPPER. SHOPPER is BUY TOBOR spelled backwards."

I don't know why, but that one cracks me up every time.

This'll be fun for approxi-mately 3-point se-ven seconds!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3dx2uGcbHk

I really shouldn't be re-watching this one yet. I want to save it for Christmas time, but this rifftrax is one of my favorites.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So, let's just say that I found that the Birdemic code and Star Wars sale do combine. I'll have to wait to watch this madness with a friend, like I did Santa & The Ice Cream Bunny.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

My girlfriend posted this on Facebook earlier and as soon as I saw it I wanted to blow my brains out at work :smithicide:

I can't understand why this upsets people so much. I mean, what great and worthwhile things has Lucasfilm been doing with it for the last 30 years?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I can't understand why this upsets people so much. I mean, what great and worthwhile things has Lucasfilm been doing with it for the last 30 years?

Last Crusade is only 23 years old, thank you.

(I agree that this only bodes well for the Star Wars franchise. Keep Lucas as far as possible from the material, though)

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Since Hurricane Sandy canceled my Halloween plans I'm going to celebrate by watching Ghost House instead. I know I'm ready for some spooooky ham radios! :toot:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I love Ghost House.

I hate Jim Dalen.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I decided to watch Ghost House tonight as well. Wonder why we are all doing this now? :iiam:

By the way, when does the coupon code expire?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Rirse posted:

I decided to watch Ghost House tonight as well. Wonder why we are all doing this now? :iiam:

By the way, when does the coupon code expire?

I was able to use it for Ghost House just fine.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
So, any opinion on LeBrock v Basinger?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thinking of picking up some VOD (along with the Jack the Giant Killer event and missing shorts), which of these would you buy if you could only pick two:

Nightmare at Noon
Future Zone
The Guy From Harlem
Bermuda Triangle
Revenge of Doctor X
Neutron the Atomic Superman vs the Death Robots
Future Force
Bloody Pit of Horror
Brainac
Prisoner o fthe lost Universe
Mutant
Curse of Bigfoot
Mesa of Lost Women
Frankenstein Island
Warriors of the Wasteland
Son of Hercules
Laser missions
Abraxas Guardian of the Universe
Galaxy Invader

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Laser Mission is great, I know that much.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

Thinking of picking up some VOD (along with the Jack the Giant Killer event and missing shorts), which of these would you buy if you could only pick two:

Nightmare at Noon
Future Zone
The Guy From Harlem
Bermuda Triangle
Revenge of Doctor X
Future Force
Bloody Pit of Horror
Brainac
Mutant
Curse of Bigfoot
Mesa of Lost Women
Frankenstein Island
Son of Hercules
Laser missions
Galaxy Invader

I think "Guy From Harlem" should be one. I loved the riff and it's a different movie than usual.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Even though it has an okay budget, Nightmare at Noon is one of the worst (and therefore, best) movies they've done on VOD. Nothing happens for any particular reason, all the characters are completely loathsome, and Wings Hauser looks like Rocky Dennis gone Hollywood.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I can't get through Curse Of Bigfoot. It might be the worst movie I've ever seen. Almost.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Rirse posted:

Nightmare at Noon
Future Zone
The Guy From Harlem
Bermuda Triangle
Revenge of Doctor X
Future Force
Bloody Pit of Horror
Brainac
Mutant
Curse of Bigfoot
Mesa of Lost Women
Frankenstein Island
Son of Hercules
Laser missions
Galaxy Invader

I'd recommend Bermuda Triangle. There is so much weirdness that something had to have been lost in translation... right?

but it's actually pretty entertaining if you don't mind nonendings. It is probably the one I've watched the most, and I still enjoy it.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
hmm, i've seen roughly 75% of that list and I'd go with The Bloody Pit and Laser Mission

Bloody Pit because it literally is Manos in Europe and Laser Mission because you owe it to yourself to experience the joy of listening to Mercenary Man over. and over. and over. and over again.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

You gotta mention that Laser Mission has Brandon loving Lee in it.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
And Ernest Borgnine.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

And Ernest Borgnine.

Pfft, he was in everything (although his accent ruled).

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Laser Mission, Future Force, and Guy From Harlem are excellent, however, I never see Abraxas getting enough love. It's at home with a lot of the late 80's/early 90's schlock they showed on MST3K, and it stars Jesse Ventura as a futuristic cyborg who inexplicably finds love despite being repugnant in all aspects, and his mission to protect a mute child who is in danger of having his head blown up or becoming the anti-Christ or somesuch thing.

It's a beautiful, horrible film.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
By the way, I noticed when I got the Chris Nolan boxset last week that I don't have Inception's rifftrax. Was that one any good, or just not worth bothering with?

SnipeBob
Dec 8, 2006

"You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel."

Rirse posted:

Nightmare at Noon
Future Zone
The Guy From Harlem
Bermuda Triangle
Revenge of Doctor X
Future Force
Bloody Pit of Horror
Brainac
Mutant
Curse of Bigfoot
Mesa of Lost Women
Frankenstein Island
Son of Hercules
Laser missions
Galaxy Invader

I would pick:

The Guy From Harlem
and
Frankenstein Island

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

GreenNight posted:

Pfft, he was in everything (although his accent ruled).

Oh also, Sting was in it.

Space Mutiny's Sting, but still.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm a big fan of Ghosthouse, The Guy From Harlem, and Future Zone.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The good thing is that you cannot go wrong no matter what you pick. Every VOD is at minimum really funny. But if I had to pick two, then The Guy From Harlem would easily be my first draft pick. It's just a special kind of terrible that you rarely see. My second pick would be a much tougher choice, because like I said everything is pretty good. But ultimately I'd have to go with Frankenstein Island just because the last half of that movie is completely batshit insane. Mike Nelson said it best with the line "This movie is like if the plots of Mulholland Drive and Donnie Darko had a stupid baby."

Strong Honorable Mention to The Bermuda Triangle and Bloody Pit or Horror though. Bad dubbing is a weakness of mine, and both of these movies kill in that arena.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 2, 2012

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Rirse posted:

By the way, I noticed when I got the Chris Nolan boxset last week that I don't have Inception's rifftrax. Was that one any good, or just not worth bothering with?

I don't know about anyone else here, but personally I loved the absolute poo poo out of the Inception riff.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice

Rirse posted:

Nightmare at Noon
Future Zone
The Guy From Harlem
Bermuda Triangle
Revenge of Doctor X
Future Force
Bloody Pit of Horror
Brainac
Mutant
Curse of Bigfoot
Mesa of Lost Women
Frankenstein Island
Son of Hercules
Laser missions
Galaxy Invader

Prisoners of the Lost Universe and The Guy from Harlem. I'd recommend Buffalo Rider but it's not on the list.

Mordecai's general awfulness and all the flubbed lines from TGFH make them absolute home runs.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
So after having done two Rifftrax Live! events, I finally decided to put down some money and buy some riffs. I got a bunch of shorts--Nutrition, Alcohol, Baby Farm Animals, Grass, and a couple more--and a handful of the Marvel superhero movies.

In two of the shorts--Nutrition and, I think?, Alcohol--there was a joke where a riffer said 'gently caress' but it was bleeped out. Is that... usual? They do that? I'm sure it's rare enough that it's not a big deal, but it's kind of disappointing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Everything Counts posted:

So after having done two Rifftrax Live! events, I finally decided to put down some money and buy some riffs. I got a bunch of shorts--Nutrition, Alcohol, Baby Farm Animals, Grass, and a couple more--and a handful of the Marvel superhero movies.

In two of the shorts--Nutrition and, I think?, Alcohol--there was a joke where a riffer said 'gently caress' but it was bleeped out. Is that... usual? They do that? I'm sure it's rare enough that it's not a big deal, but it's kind of disappointing.

Yeah, they do bleep themselves most of the time. I think the time they generally don't is stuff like the Matrix movies. Yet there are some weird ones, like Ghost House where Kevin doesn't bleep himself saying rear end in a top hat, but Bill does when he said poo poo.

Oh and yes I do have Buffalo Rider already. The VODs I listed are ones I not bought yet, as I already had Buffalo Rider, Ghost House, the Christmas ones, Boy in the Bubble (which I watched tonight and thought it was great), and a few older ones.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Everything Counts posted:

They keep the riff to the same rating as the movie, so an R rated movie might have hot uncensored potty mouth, but if the riff is of a PG-13 movie, they'll bleep any swears in the riff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Laser Mission, Future Force, and Guy From Harlem are excellent, however, I never see Abraxas getting enough love. It's at home with a lot of the late 80's/early 90's schlock they showed on MST3K, and it stars Jesse Ventura as a futuristic cyborg who inexplicably finds love despite being repugnant in all aspects, and his mission to protect a mute child who is in danger of having his head blown up or becoming the anti-Christ or somesuch thing.

It's a beautiful, horrible film.

The weirdest thing about Abraxas is how its somehow an adaptation of comic book legend Jack Kirby's Fourth World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Hand to haaaaaaaand

• Locked thread