Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Gomi posted:

Any reason you'd want that?
...because they're not supposed to, I thought? :) My understanding is that they're a replacement for weapons, implements, armor, and necklaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

dwarf74 posted:

...because they're not supposed to, I thought? :) My understanding is that they're a replacement for weapons, implements, armor, and necklaces.

Fair enough, but a lot of the non-weapon, non-implement powers scale really badly by comparison and can use the help. Dragon Breath alone isn't a gamebreaker if it's more accurate -- and if your players are sinking a crapton of feats into Dragon Breath to amp it up into a party-friendly Burst 5 within 10 that also establishes a zone and has effects X, Y, and Z, they're signaling to you that they want their dragon breath to be awesome. Being 20% less accurate with the thing you blew 6 feats on than if you just swung your sword is crazy not-awesome. So let them be awesome.

coeranys
Aug 25, 2003

They shall soon rule where man rules now. After summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again.

Gomi posted:

Fair enough, but a lot of the non-weapon, non-implement powers scale really badly by comparison and can use the help. Dragon Breath alone isn't a gamebreaker if it's more accurate -- and if your players are sinking a crapton of feats into Dragon Breath to amp it up into a party-friendly Burst 5 within 10 that also establishes a zone and has effects X, Y, and Z, they're signaling to you that they want their dragon breath to be awesome. Being 20% less accurate with the thing you blew 6 feats on than if you just swung your sword is crazy not-awesome. So let them be awesome.

A friend in a game I played did this. I tried to tell her, there's nothing you can really do to salvage dragon breath, but she liked the idea so much, and got so sad every time she tried to use it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Threefold comments. :)

(1) I'd rather have a character builder that runs the actual rules and lets me houserule as I need to. There's several changes I'd like to see before this - like nuking unnecessary feats and cleaning up the list.

(2) For other racial abilities, adding the inherent bonuses actually makes them too good because they are already at +3/6/9.

(3) I don't think the scaling is quite that bad - it kind of goes up and down within a tier. You're missing the Expertise bonuses - which is why they should probably all scale at 3/6/9 - but there's often tradeoffs.

For example, one PC has Dragon Breath in my party. They're 16th level, and he has a 24 Con, being an S-K/Star Pact Warlock. Natively, he has a +19 bonus with his Breath, which is not too far off from the +20 or +21 he's getting on his rod attacks. (And it's an AoE, minor action against Reflex mind you; in earlier MM's a -2 to attack for multi-targeting is pretty common.) With inherent bonuses, he's at +22 to the attack rolls, which is better than his Rod. By the time he hits 20th, it will be behind, then jump ahead again at 21st. For right now, though, it's fine, IMO.

So yeah. I can make adjustments as I need them. I'd rather have the CB work by RAW, though.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

Threefold comments. :)

(1) I'd rather have a character builder that runs the actual rules and lets me houserule as I need to. There's several changes I'd like to see before this - like nuking unnecessary feats and cleaning up the list.

(2) For other racial abilities, adding the inherent bonuses actually makes them too good because they are already at +3/6/9.

(3) I don't think the scaling is quite that bad - it kind of goes up and down within a tier. You're missing the Expertise bonuses - which is why they should probably all scale at 3/6/9 - but there's often tradeoffs.

For example, one PC has Dragon Breath in my party. They're 16th level, and he has a 24 Con, being an S-K/Star Pact Warlock. Natively, he has a +19 bonus with his Breath, which is not too far off from the +20 or +21 he's getting on his rod attacks. (And it's an AoE, minor action against Reflex mind you; in earlier MM's a -2 to attack for multi-targeting is pretty common.) With inherent bonuses, he's at +22 to the attack rolls, which is better than his Rod. By the time he hits 20th, it will be behind, then jump ahead again at 21st. For right now, though, it's fine, IMO.

So yeah. I can make adjustments as I need them. I'd rather have the CB work by RAW, though.

Why is your PC hitting with dragon's breath more often then his other attacks a problem in the first place again?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
A problem with game balance? Pretty much null; he's not an Atonement abuser.

Like I said, it's more a preference that the CB follows RAW as closely as possible, and then I can tweak as I want from there.

J.B.
Jul 23, 2011
So, has anyone started on putting in the new vampire items or character themes from dragon 416

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

I'll throw that in the OP.

Wow, thanks; wasn't expecting that. Just submitted an update that includes a few bug fixes, and adds tracking powers with multiple uses per encounter/day.

dwarf74 posted:

A problem with game balance? Pretty much null; he's not an Atonement abuser.

Like I said, it's more a preference that the CB follows RAW as closely as possible, and then I can tweak as I want from there.
Actually, I just went through DMG2, and... it never actually sets any restrictions to what the bonuses apply to:

quote:

AC, Defense, Attack, and Damage Bonuses: Without magic items, the PCs' attacks, defenses, and damage lag behind. You can solve this problem by giving the PCs flat bonuses as they advance in level. These bonuses stack.

Attack and Damage: All characters gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls at 2nd, 7th, 12th, 17th, 22nd, and 27th level.

Defenses: All PCs gain a +1 bonus to AC, Fortitude, Reflex, and Will at 4th, 9th, 14th, 19th, 24th, and 29th level.
Since it doesn't say these bonuses only apply when an enhancement bonus could have applied, it WOULD affect powers like Dragon Breath.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

scpredmage posted:

Actually, I just went through DMG2, and... it never actually sets any restrictions to what the bonuses apply to:

Since it doesn't say these bonuses only apply when an enhancement bonus could have applied, it WOULD affect powers like Dragon Breath.
:doh:

Well, whaddaya know. I looked in my DSCS book, and although the introductory section - which I remembered pretty well - specifically refers to weapons, armor, and amulets, the actual rule text is as you quoted.

sythspawn
Apr 5, 2011
What is the Northlander Reaver theme from Dragon 405? I don't see anything by that name in the Compendium. It looks like a copy of the Uthgardt Barbarian theme from the Neverwinter book.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

sythspawn posted:

What is the Northlander Reaver theme from Dragon 405? I don't see anything by that name in the Compendium. It looks like a copy of the Uthgardt Barbarian theme from the Neverwinter book.

It is. They republished a bunch of Neverwinter themes in d405, for reasons which have never been entirely clear (probably to genericise them out of the Forgotten Realms). Iliyanbruen Guardian and Dead Rat Deserter got the same treatment, at the very least.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
So I'm trying to make a copy of the Dual Implement Spellcaster feat that works for primal casters instead of arcane, but the feat doesn't seem to have any actual rules code in it:
code:
   <RulesElement name="Dual Implement Spellcaster" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_1127" source="Arcane Power" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:18:40 PM" >
      <Prereqs> Dex 13, any arcane class </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> Dex 13, any arcane class </print-prereqs>
      <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Add off-hand implement enhancement to damage rolls </specific>
      <specific name="Special" />
      <specific name="type" />
      <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
      <specific name="Associated Powers" />
When you use an arcane attack power and you are wielding a magic implement in each hand, you can add the off-hand implement&apos;s enhancement bonus to damage rolls.
Both of your implements must be usable with this power, and you must be capable of wielding both implements, to gain this benefit.
   </RulesElement>
Does anyone know how I could code a feat to do what I'm looking to do?

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

So I'm trying to make a copy of the Dual Implement Spellcaster feat that works for primal casters instead of arcane, but the feat doesn't seem to have any actual rules code in it:

Does anyone know how I could code a feat to do what I'm looking to do?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is something that WotC decided, in a fit of laziness and poor programming decisions, to hard-code into the LCB, meaning there literally AREN'T any rules to do this in the XML.

That being said, there may be a way to get this to work, but it'd be a massive PITA: modify each possible implement enchantment to add it's enhancement bonus to a custom stat, then have you D.I.S.-clone add the custom stat to damage on the proper attacks.

The problem with this is that you'll probably end up adding BOTH implement's enhancement bonuses to the stats, unless you can figure out a way to prevent that (can't just type them, because the implement in the main hand will probably have a better enhancement bonus).

The Hexblade uses basically this method, but relies on having their pact weapon in their main hand, so they don't run into the stacking issue.

So... yeah, good luck with that.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Well, since it's only being used for one character, I can just hardcode the bonus into the feat and update it as needed. Thanks anyway, though.

sythspawn
Apr 5, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

It is. They republished a bunch of Neverwinter themes in d405, for reasons which have never been entirely clear (probably to genericise them out of the Forgotten Realms). Iliyanbruen Guardian and Dead Rat Deserter got the same treatment, at the very least.

Wow. Weird. They just changed the flavor text? That's too bad. Those could've been good opportunities for different themes.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yeah, I have no idea whatsoever why they bothered, when FFS refluffing stuff is part of the core philosophy of the edition.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I'm not sure what file it's in (it should be in Paragon Paths, but it's not), but I have an update to the short description for the Lingering Rebuke feature of the Hammer of Vengeance (PH2) paragon path:

code:
<specific name="Short Description"> When you take an action point action, until EoNT enemies that hit or miss allies within 5 of you take 1d6 + Con mod thunder damage. </specific>
The way it was worded before didn't include the EoNT note, and made it sound like it keyed off of enemies within 5, rather than allies within 5.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010
So, according to the Living Forgotten Realms campaign guide, elements such as feats and magic items associated with deities in the Core Rules can be directly converted to the equivalent deity in the Forgotten Realms. For example, the Raven Queen's corresponding deity is Kelemvor. As a result, any Raven Queen feat, magic item, etc. should be accessible by a worshiper of Kelemvor just as readily as by a Raven Queen devotee.

However, in the LCB, it just ain't so. I can't be arsed to bring up the OCB to check but I suspect it's also the case there.

Other than copying each individual Raven Queen-oriented feat, magic item, etc. to my local mods file and changing "Raven Queen" to Kelemvor, is there a quick and easy way to accomplish this?

(Note that similar equivalences should apply to Pelor/Amaunator, Erathis/Gond, Ioun/Oghma, Sehanine/Selune, Melora/Silvanus, Kord/Tempus, and Avandra/Tymora; Bahamut, Corellon, and Moradin have the same names in the Core Rules and the Forgotten Realms.)

Thank you.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I think you'd probably have to manually edit all the prereqs to include both deities.

Dementor4
Jun 6, 2011
Hey, I just noticed the text for choosing themes still reads "Choose your Dark Sun Theme". Obviously themes are no longer limited to just Dark Sun characters. Any way to change this text?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Nope, it's hard-coded into the builder. At the time, themes were only for Dark Sun, and they by the time they expanded them beyond Dark Sun Wizards had switched to the online builder.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Nope, it's hard-coded into the builder. At the time, themes were only for Dark Sun, and they by the time they expanded them beyond Dark Sun Wizards had switched to the online builder.
Hell, by the time they released the DARK SUN THEMES they'd already switched to the online builder.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
While doing some poking around in a save file created by the OCB, I finally happened upon how it stores it's info on which powers have more than one use per encounter/day.

Specifically, it creates a stat named "[internal-id of power]_ADDITIONAL_USES"; as the name implies, it represents how many times you can use the power beyond the first.

I've updated 4eMetro to use that, if it finds it; otherwise, it'll try to parse out any "Special" entries on the power, as it's been doing. If it has to parse the "Special", it'll also look for a "_ADDITIONAL_USES" entry, and add that to whatever it gets from the "Special". (EDIT: Except Rage Strike, which to my knowledge is the only power that has an "_ADDITION_USES" entry built-in; it has an "_ADDITIONAL_USES of 1, and the Special parses out to 2, so I had to hard-code an exception so it didn't end up resolving as a 3.)

EDIT: 4eMetro WILL copy over the <rules> nodes on all your RulesElements when it does the CBLoader merge, so that it can use the <modify> nodes to update powers, so it WILL catch updates to "_ADDITIONAL_USES".

And beyond that, I'm working on allowing users to MANUALLY set how many uses they get from a power, which overrides both of those.

So, yeah, figured someone here might find that interesting, if not useful.

scpredmage fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 12, 2012

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I'm guessing 4eMetro isn't backwards compatible with Win7?

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

I'm guessing 4eMetro isn't backwards compatible with Win7?
Unfortunately, no. I intended for it to be a tablet app that could be run on a system that the Character Builder itself could be run on, which kinda meant it had to be a Windows 8 Store app...

ishldgetoutmore
Nov 16, 2011
First off, kudos on this app -- this thing made it much easier for new people to get in the game at the hobby shop where I run. Very useful!

Second, I've been thinking of running the Living Forgotten Realms mods, and couldn't find a part file which adds the stuff specific to the setting; admittedly, this may just be because I'm a putz. Has someone made a part file for these elements?

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

ishldgetoutmore posted:

First off, kudos on this app -- this thing made it much easier for new people to get in the game at the hobby shop where I run. Very useful!

Second, I've been thinking of running the Living Forgotten Realms mods, and couldn't find a part file which adds the stuff specific to the setting; admittedly, this may just be because I'm a putz. Has someone made a part file for these elements?
To my knowledge, there ISN'T an LFR-specific part file, most because LFR has very, VERY few elements unique to the campaign. There are a few magic items that are unique, but those mostly come from the ADCP adventures, which aren't freely available (you have to submit it as a public event).

There ARE already a few of those unique items already in the WotC part files, but chances are you won't need them.

ishldgetoutmore
Nov 16, 2011

scpredmage posted:

To my knowledge, there ISN'T an LFR-specific part file, most because LFR has very, VERY few elements unique to the campaign. There are a few magic items that are unique, but those mostly come from the ADCP adventures, which aren't freely available (you have to submit it as a public event).

There ARE already a few of those unique items already in the WotC part files, but chances are you won't need them.

While most of the changes for LFR are simple reskins (due to differing deities/nations/whatever), there are a few items which are unique and tricky to simulate in CBLoader:
  • In CALI3-03 Agony of Almraiven, there's an amulet of passage you can get. This is similar to the identically-named artifact but for a few changes: it's not an artifact, and the bonus starts at +2 and then automatically increases to +3/+4/+5/+6 at level 11/16/21/26. Right now, the non-techy way to implement this is to houserule all relevant defenses and skills; it would be nice to be able to just add this as an item.
  • In CALI4-03 Twisted Rune, players have the opportunity to acquire a magic lamp, a custom item for the campaign. This is a complicated item, and depends on a number of Story Awards to function, but would be nice to be able to track as an item card.
  • In EPIC3-03 The Tangled Skein of Destiny, players can acquire a custom epic-level quasit familiar. This guy doesn't seem to be a reskin of any existing familiar.
  • In NETH4-01 Containing Shadow, you can acquire a shadow mite, which they implement as a custom wondrous item combining the lamp of discerning (AV 174) and the Dark Light ritual (FRPG 143) rather than a companion or familiar.
  • In SPEC4-01 Cerulean Dreams, you can get a cerulean circlet, a custom item based on the Gaj headdress (Dragon 391) plus the spell invoke the Cerulean Sign (Lords of Madness).

EDIT: I should add, they are difficult to simulate "for those with little to no technical programming skill." My putziness exceeds my coding ability, unfortunately, or I'd do this myself.

ishldgetoutmore fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 14, 2012

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

ishldgetoutmore posted:

While most of the changes for LFR are simple reskins (due to differing deities/nations/whatever), there are a few items which are unique and tricky to simulate in CBLoader:
  • In CALI3-03 Agony of Almraiven, there's an amulet of passage you can get. This is similar to the identically-named artifact but for a few changes: it's not an artifact, and the bonus starts at +2 and then automatically increases to +3/+4/+5/+6 at level 11/16/21/26. Right now, the non-techy way to implement this is to houserule all relevant defenses and skills; it would be nice to be able to just add this as an item.
  • In CALI4-03 Twisted Rune, players have the opportunity to acquire a magic lamp, a custom item for the campaign. This is a complicated item, and depends on a number of Story Awards to function, but would be nice to be able to track as an item card.
  • In EPIC3-03 The Tangled Skein of Destiny, players can acquire a custom epic-level quasit familiar. This guy doesn't seem to be a reskin of any existing familiar.
  • In NETH4-01 Containing Shadow, you can acquire a shadow mite, which they implement as a custom wondrous item combining the lamp of discerning (AV 174) and the Dark Light ritual (FRPG 143) rather than a companion or familiar.
  • In SPEC4-01 Cerulean Dreams, you can get a cerulean circlet, a custom item based on the Gaj headdress (Dragon 391) plus the spell invoke the Cerulean Sign (Lords of Madness).

EDIT: I should add, they are difficult to simulate "for those with little to no technical programming skill." My putziness exceeds my coding ability, unfortunately, or I'd do this myself.

Well, for the Amulet of Passage you can add this to a local-mods .part file (repeated as needed for the +3 through +6 versions; just be sure you create unique internal-id values in the RulesElement entity for each level.):
code:
  <RulesElement name="Amulet of Passage +2" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_CALI_MAGIC_ITEM_LFR_332" source="Living Forgotten Realms">
      <Flavor> A fine silver linked chain with a small jewel in the shape of an open lock. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 10 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 5000 </specific>
      <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Neck Slot Item </specific>
      <specific name="Item Slot"> Neck </specific>
      <specific name="Power"> Power (At-Will): Standard Action. You attune an ally to the Amulet. A character may only be attuned to one amulet of passage at a time. Any attuned ally within 10 squares of you can use this item&apos;s daily power (but not its enhancement bonus or properties) as if he or she were wearing it.
Power (Daily * Teleportation): Move Action. Special: You and each attuned ally can use this power once per day (a PC cannot benefit from this same power a second time before taking an extended rest, no matter how many amulets of passage are in the party). Effect: The triggering PC teleports a number of squares equal to his or her speed. </specific>
      <specific name="_Rarity" />
      <specific name="Enhancement"> +2 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will </specific>
      <specific name="Rarity"> Rare </specific>
      <specific name="Property"> You gain an item bonus to Acrobatics and Athletics checks to escape, and to Thievery checks to open locks.  The bonus equals the amulet&apos;s enhancement bonus. </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Fortitude Defense" value="+2" type="Enhancement" />
         <statadd name="Reflex Defense" value="+2" type="Enhancement" />
         <statadd name="Will Defense" value="+2" type="Enhancement" />
      </rules>
   </RulesElement>
There doesn't seem to be any way to auto-advance this (or any other) item so you'll have to remember to swap the next one in at the appropriate levels.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
code:
<RulesElement name="Amulet of Passage +2" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_CALI_MAGIC_ITEM_LFR_332" source="Living Forgotten Realms">
   <Flavor> A fine silver linked chain with a small jewel in the shape of an open lock. </Flavor>
   <specific name="Power"> Power (At-Will): Standard Action. You attune an ally to the Amulet. A character may only be attuned to one amulet of passage at a time. Any attuned ally within 10 squares of you can use this item&apos;s daily power (but not its enhancement bonus or properties) as if he or she were wearing it.
Power (Daily * Teleportation): Move Action. Special: You and each attuned ally can use this power once per day (a PC cannot benefit from this same power a second time before taking an extended rest, no matter how many amulets of passage are in the party). Effect: The triggering PC teleports a number of squares equal to his or her speed. </specific>
   <specific name="Property"> You gain an item bonus to Acrobatics and Athletics checks to escape, and to Thievery checks to open locks.  The bonus equals the amulet&apos;s enhancement bonus. </specific>
   <rules>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+2"/>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+1" requires="11 level"/>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+1" requires="16 level"/>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+1" requires="21 level"/>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+1" requires="26 level"/>
      <statadd name="Fortitude Defense" value="+AoP" type="Enhancement" />
      <statadd name="Reflex Defense" value="+AoP" type="Enhancement" />
      <statadd name="Will Defense" value="+AoP" type="Enhancement" />
      <modify name="this" field="Enhancement" value="+3 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will" requires="11 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Enhancement" value="+4 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will" requires="16 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Enhancement" value="+5 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will" requires="21 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Enhancement" value="+6 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will" requires="26 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Level" value="15" requires="11 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Level" value="20" requires="16 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Level" value="25" requires="21 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Level" value="30" requires="26 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Gold" value="25000" requires="11 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Gold" value="125000" requires="16 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Gold" value="625000" requires="21 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Gold" value="3125000" requires="26 level" />
   </rules>
</RulesElement>
This version will automatically update the enhancement bonus that's actually applied, as well as update level, price, and enhancement bonus listed on the item's power card, but NOT the item's name, so unless you customize it, it'll always be listed as an "Amulet of Passage +2".

Of note, it'll only update itself when the item is actually EQUIPPED, and this will only show up in the shop as the level 10 version; to add the others, just copy and update the basics for the higher level ones, and the rules will work without change.

ishldgetoutmore
Nov 16, 2011

scpredmage posted:

code:
   <rules>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+2"/>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+1" requires="11 level"/>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+1" requires="16 level"/>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+1" requires="21 level"/>
      <statadd name="AoP" value="+1" requires="26 level"/>
      <statadd name="Fortitude Defense" value="+AoP" type="Enhancement" />
      <statadd name="Reflex Defense" value="+AoP" type="Enhancement" />
      <statadd name="Will Defense" value="+AoP" type="Enhancement" />
      <modify name="this" field="Enhancement" value="+3 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will" requires="11 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Enhancement" value="+4 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will" requires="16 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Enhancement" value="+5 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will" requires="21 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Enhancement" value="+6 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will" requires="26 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Level" value="15" requires="11 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Level" value="20" requires="16 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Level" value="25" requires="21 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Level" value="30" requires="26 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Gold" value="25000" requires="11 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Gold" value="125000" requires="16 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Gold" value="625000" requires="21 level" />
      <modify name="this" field="Gold" value="3125000" requires="26 level" />
   </rules>
</RulesElement>
This version will automatically update the enhancement bonus that's actually applied, as well as update level, price, and enhancement bonus listed on the item's power card, but NOT the item's name, so unless you customize it, it'll always be listed as an "Amulet of Passage +2".

Of note, it'll only update itself when the item is actually EQUIPPED, and this will only show up in the shop as the level 10 version; to add the others, just copy and update the basics for the higher level ones, and the rules will work without change.

Wow! Awesome! Thank you very much!

ishldgetoutmore
Nov 16, 2011
So, I tried this for the shadow mite:
code:
<RulesElement name="Shadow Mite" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_NETH_MAGIC_ITEM_LFR_441" source="Living Forgotten Realms">
		<Flavor> A mote of pure shadow devotedly follows you around, hovering near your shoulder. </Flavor>
		<specific name="Level"> 5 </specific>
		<specific name="Gold"> 1000 </specific>
		<specific name="Magic Item Type"> Wondrous Item </specific>
		<specific name="Tier" />
		<specific name="_Item_Set_ID" />
		<specific name="Armor" />
		<specific name="Weapon" />
		<specific name="Item Slot" />
		<specific name="Requirement" />
		<specific name="Critical" />
		<specific name="Power"> Utility Power (At-Will): Free Action. You send the shadow mite to the Shadowfell (which deactivates its properties). The shadow mite is invulnerable while it is in the Shadowfell.
Utility Power (At-Will): Move Action. Requirement: The shadow mite is in the Shadowfell and you are not. Effect: The shadow mite appears in your square and its properties are activated. </specific>
		<specific name="Granted Powers" />
		<specific name="Rarity"> Uncommon </specific>
		<specific name="Property"> The shadow mite floats with you as you walk. It sheds dim illumination in a 10-square radius. It requires no fuel. Only creatures within the light’s radius can see the shadow mite or the dim light it creates. Vision within the effect is black-and-white, and color variations appear in shades of gray. You and your allies within the mite’s radius of illumination gain a +1 power bonus to Insight and Perception checks.</specific>
		<rules>
			<statadd name="Insight Misc" value="+1" type="Power" />
			<statadd name="Perception Misc" value="+1" type="Power" />
		</rules>
	</RulesElement>
I got an error when it tried to update the local-mods.part file, which I'll have to read up on, but does the above at least look like it will work? And should I be posting these code questions elsewhere?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

ishldgetoutmore posted:

I got an error when it tried to update the local-mods.part file

Check the apostrophes in the Property.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

ishldgetoutmore posted:

So, I tried this for the shadow mite:

I got an error when it tried to update the local-mods.part file, which I'll have to read up on, but does the above at least look like it will work? And should I be posting these code questions elsewhere?
Chances are you're getting a "unrecognized character error". I recommend using Notepad++, which you can then use to switch the file's encoding over to UTF-8, which should fix the problem.

ishldgetoutmore
Nov 16, 2011

scpredmage posted:

Chances are you're getting a "unrecognized character error". I recommend using Notepad++, which you can then use to switch the file's encoding over to UTF-8, which should fix the problem.

I actually use Notepad++, but but didn't realize it'd moved from UTF-8. As I said, putz.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Definitely looks like the fault is the smartquote is the Property line.

ishldgetoutmore
Nov 16, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Definitely looks like the fault is the smartquote is the Property line.

Actually, I'm getting "ERROR: Failed getting update for local-mods.part
Inner Exception: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

ishldgetoutmore posted:

Actually, I'm getting "ERROR: Failed getting update for local-mods.part
Inner Exception: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
Why are you even using the <UpdateInfo> code block in a local personal file? Unless you are broadcasting changes to your local group's computers you don't need the <UpdateInfo> code block in a local part file. Just remove that part.

aphidinvasion
Nov 28, 2012
Is there any chance of getting a vanilla race upgrade in a part file? or an existing file that relates.

Ive pulled the WOTC part files from main page and dislike the class change from my fully updated Character builder(instead of paladin and fighter i now have hexblades and knights), however i would like to add pixie and hengeyokai into race.

Also are there any screencasts for making your own modifications to cbloader or is it purely the info located in this threads index page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
The Gauntlets of Destruction are incorrectly listed as an uncommon item; according to the online builder, they should be common. Here's the corrected code (base items):

code:
	<RulesElement name="Gauntlets of Destruction (paragon tier)" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_999" source="Player's Handbook">
		<Flavor> These armored gloves enable you to deal more than minimum damage when you make a melee attack. </Flavor>
		<specific name="Level"> 18 </specific>
		<specific name="Gold"> 85000 </specific>
		<specific name="Magic Item Type"> Hands Slot Item </specific>
		<specific name="Tier" />
		<specific name="_Item_Set_ID" />
		<specific name="Armor" />
		<specific name="Weapon" />
		<specific name="Item Slot"> Hands </specific>
		<specific name="Requirement" />
		<specific name="Critical" />
		<specific name="Power" />
		<specific name="Granted Powers" />
		<specific name="Rarity"> Common </specific>
		<specific name="Property"> When rolling damage on melee attacks, reroll all 1s until they come up as something other than a 1. </specific>
	</RulesElement>

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 5, 2012

• Locked thread