Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Still not back home to my computer, but had to drive home to take Vanessa into the vet (just for more asthma pills and a blood draw for her liver since she's on prednisone for a year now), so here's a picture of her sitting on the center console while we ride.

Always heard that cats hate car rides, but she seems to absolutely love them. She sits on the center armrest and watches the road, and when we stop at lights she jumps onto my lap and perforates my legs.

I was so proud; for some reason they did the blood draw from the underside of her neck, and no less than three people at the vet came in to tell me that she was one of the most kind-natured cats they had seen in a long time, and they didn't even have to hold her during the draw, she just let out a sad meow while the draw happened.

My pretty girl :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

criscodisco posted:

Still not back home to my computer, but had to drive home to take Vanessa into the vet (just for more asthma pills and a blood draw for her liver since she's on prednisone for a year now), so here's a picture of her sitting on the center console while we ride.

Always heard that cats hate car rides, but she seems to absolutely love them. She sits on the center armrest and watches the road, and when we stop at lights she jumps onto my lap and perforates my legs.

I was so proud; for some reason they did the blood draw from the underside of her neck, and no less than three people at the vet came in to tell me that she was one of the most kind-natured cats they had seen in a long time, and they didn't even have to hold her during the draw, she just let out a sad meow while the draw happened.

My pretty girl :3:

lol my girl is a little bit of a beast at the vet. as soon as the vet walks in her tail goes up in alert mode and there's usually some hissing. on the plus side its easy to see a cats teeth when they hiss

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
It's funny, because around my ancient pugs, she's a total dominatrix. She'll stick her claws up their rear end just for walking by... but around humans she's the most affectionate baby girl you'll ever meet. Not sure how I got so lucky for a cat that showed up in my barn one day. I'm a lucky man.

Stopped by the house/dog I'm sitting with her, and she took no time to run straight at their lahsa apso (I think), and claw her right in the side, but around people she's the most gentle creature this side of a turtle.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Lemon Cello posted:

:kimchi: Black cats just always look so soft. Want a black cat.

Rebus is hecka soft. he gets it from Pretty Mommy. i can't tell which one is softer.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"Reginald... has a perfectly squished face"

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

fork bomb posted:

Rebus is hecka soft. he gets it from Pretty Mommy. i can't tell which one is softer.

You should figure that poo poo out. Experiment as much as you can and report back to us.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
In bed with warm cat between feet under covers. Life is good.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
whats the cat version of ambien I need it for a project. The project is drive my cat up to san francisco.

guess ill just call my vet.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

ketamine I guess

or maybe actually ambien.
good luck if your cat stays awake when it really hits

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

when my cats were kittens i had to take them on a plane from tenessee to texas and went to a vet ahead of time who gave me some kind of tranq. it wasn't ketamine, draxamoxamil or something. they each had like 1/4 pill 30min before and they were pretty knocked out for the flight.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

googling.

people are actually recommending "rescue remedy" which is veterinarian homeopathy.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Resplendent Spiral posted:

ketamine I guess

or maybe actually ambien.
good luck if your cat stays awake when it really hits

lol don't people use ambien recreationally to trip balls (and then fall asleep and forget everything). I'd hate to be stuck in a car with a cat tripping balla

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

lol don't people use ambien recreationally to trip balls

quote:

T+2:45 I’m remembering being a tree. The bathroom tiles are woodland creatures, and they’re talking to me. This is much like remembering being a tree and remembering beign a DJ.. The tiles arent creatures, but they have the feeling that they are creatures. Te best way to put it into words is that they are alive, and they have the personalities that squirrels and woodchucks would have if they were sentient. Each one of them was talking to me, telling me that I was helping them by being there. Eventually I left.
This was a rather uneventful trip since the novelty of trying a new substance wasn’t there. Discovering the entities in the bathroom tiles was the best part of the trip.

quote:

(T+ 00:25)I sat on the couch and cuddled my dog. These are the only two events I can report on with any chronological certainty. At one point in 'time', I remember hearing my girlfriend saying 'And now you're smoking, too?' This 'woke me up', and sure enough, I found myself sitting on the couch smoking a glass pipe. No recollection of packing it, lighting it, etc. As I surfaced into waking reality, I realized I was having a hard time breathing in the smoke. It was as if I couldn't inflate my lungs fully. It reminded me of the first time people try smoking, not quite having the hang of it yet. This is doubly strange, because, while I usually smoke one in the evening, I would not have consciously smoked after taking Ambien. I steer clear of drug combos. This is disturbing in that it seems I had no conscious control over my actions. (Upon further inspection of the pipe the next day, it seems I only took one hit from it.)

Another weird fragmented memory I recall--very dream-like, so not sure if it really happened--was of maybe getting into the bottle of Xanax. There's this image of having little pills of Xanax stuck to my face, and of licking them off, casually thinking 'It can't hurt me at this point.' I really do not know for sure if I actually took Xanax or not. It's absolutely not something I would do, but considering the pipe incident … it makes me wonder.

yeah, sounds like fun times for sure.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
i've heard it's "valium" but it might just be "cat valium" which is something totally unrelated to people valium.

either way, tell your vet what's up and they'll give you a pill or two for almost nothing.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I think a lot of mammal pharmacology is very similar, but that's just trivial tidbit. An actual vet will know the specifics on how to not kill your pet with seizures.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Base Emitter posted:

spooky cats are the best.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

graph posted:

rq post the new magdapics

same but w/ teddyvids

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

same

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

mod sassinator posted:

lol my girl is a little bit of a beast at the vet. as soon as the vet walks in her tail goes up in alert mode and there's usually some hissing. on the plus side its easy to see a cats teeth when they hiss

Pepper used to be the sweetest thing with everybody until she had emergency surgery at an after-hours place for eating some hair ties. I don't think they were very nice to her, and ever since strangers have been insta-growl. She's gotten a lot better lately now that we take her outside and have more guests over, but the vet is not a happy place.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:3:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

quotin' magda before swsxp

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

magda :3:

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Mick the Skateboarding Catte

He will mess you up for waving a finger in his face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LusU1hVA7c

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

One freaking pro rear end cat

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

lol i just noticed one of the many injuries she's inflicted on me is visible in that pic

the other day she tried to run out the front door, and she really did not want to be brought back in. she rabbit kicked the hell out of me when i picked her up and now my right wrist looks like i made a really poor suicide attempt

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
called the vet, they got this. Gonna prep some hot cat sedatives for me.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Lake of Methane posted:

Mick the Skateboarding Catte

He will mess you up for waving a finger in his face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LusU1hVA7c

cat skateboarding actually is a crime, strangely enough

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

relative_q posted:

lol i just noticed one of the many injuries she's inflicted on me is visible in that pic

the other day she tried to run out the front door, and she really did not want to be brought back in. she rabbit kicked the hell out of me when i picked her up and now my right wrist looks like i made a really poor suicide attempt

nargle hooked mommy good about four or five times tryin to get out. not the scratches but the deep puncture wound types.

she got a nail clippin' yesterday. nargle does NOT like her nails clipped. we have to 100% swaddle her in a blanket and pull one paw out at a time while dealing with some of the most evil growls and mrrs i have ever heard out of a housecat

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
Reposting from the YOSSPOS thread cos why not

Remus and Lupin the rats

Frodo, Sam, Fred, and Wilson the rats

Kitten the cat

Milo the cat

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

my name is milo the cat you killed my father prepare to die

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

trophy found a bug so i bugged her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc4C1WtC_kU

get it?

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

also in before swsp

magda :hellyeah:

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
welp the robo litter box broke. it doesn't stop rotating until it's like 50% past where it's supposed to go and resets weirdly.

it's still under warranty, but i have to ship the base back which is gonna be a pain!

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

There's some sensors and poo poo in there that you can adjust. I've had to take the robot apart and clean it a few times and have had to recalibrate the step and stuff. Might be worth taking a look at before you go through the pain of shipping it

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
I reseated the logic board.

I feel as though the position sensor is the problem. how much of a bitch was taking it apart and reseating it? my gf freaked out at me trying to get to the position sensor, since i was "going to break it"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

I reseated the logic board.

I feel as though the position sensor is the problem. how much of a bitch was taking it apart and reseating it? my gf freaked out at me trying to get to the position sensor, since i was "going to break it"

this sounds like one of those situations like the wiper stalk on my jeep, where they used that lovely white plastic for a gear or a pinion and it finally broke

do you hear any clicking or grinding or ratcheting type noise when it travels, or does it just stop at the wrong time

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
it sounds fine, except it keeps rotating past the catch on the back that causes the waste ports to open. so it opens the door and then causes the ball to rock because it's still pushing, and then it falls back in to place, keeps rotating 45 degrees. then it rotates back, but is like 45+ degrees short because it doesn't rotate back to the right place.

if i pick up the ball and put it back in to the right place, and hit Cycle it just does the same thing. also hitting the step doesn't make it stop while doing this anymore.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
there's enough computers in my life without adding one to the place where my cat shits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Golden-i posted:

there's enough computers in my life without adding one to the place where my cat shits