Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

Splits posted:

Anyone able to boost a guy to 50 with the flesh stick? I'm on now.

xbox: bunnysplits

Got a bit of time, sure thing. Just sent ya an invite.

Sorry it kept bugging out on everyone, hopefully it was enough of a boost.

Also, thanks a ton for the ton of conference calls!

kender fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpush
Nov 10, 2009

kender posted:

Got a bit of time, sure thing. Just sent ya an invite.

Sorry it kept bugging out on everyone, hopefully it was enough of a boost.

Also, thanks a ton for the ton of conference calls!

Not a problem. Thanks for the exp.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

So..

I just started watching Archer, and much like someone posted in this thread (or the previous one?) before, I can't unhear Handsome Jack every time he speaks. It's glorious, because they're so similarly characterized as charming, self-absorbed sons of bitches.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Good Dog posted:

I still haven't been able to get the jumping thing down doing the glitch, maybe Gildersneeze's video will help if he posts one.
And post one, I shall.

Loot here! Getchya loot here!

Lemme know how it works, or if you need any clarification.

Edit: Bahahahah, looks like I pissed someone off again! Angry people sure do have ten bucks!
<------

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 5, 2012

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Thanks! I got it after your help.

I got a gunnerang on my first chest, picked it up, tried it out, and killed myself, leaving all the other loot in the chests without looking at it. :downs:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Glad it worked for you; hope it helps out any other goons having issues getting in there!

Still, maybe I'll add a step: "Wait until you save, quit, and re-load to try out your new toys." :D

...because I totally did the same thing when I found one of those in there.

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

And post one, I shall.

Loot here! Getchya loot here!

Lemme know how it works, or if you need any clarification.

Edit: Bahahahah, looks like I pissed someone off again! Angry people sure do have ten bucks!
<------

You need to make more videos, that was great. Thanks.
Now, you wouldn't happen to have a video on how to avoid the Master Gee system-freeze would you?
I'm usually lucky with bugs 'n video games. But not this time. I'm sure they'll patch it, it just seems a very common, very obvious oversight. I couldn't help wondering if they rushed this DLC out to stay in the spotlight among the November rush?

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
SHIFT CODES AM HERE!

PC SHiFT Code: 5TK3J-CS9BW-KFBJB-BJTJB-ZJFZW
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBW3T-JT9ZK-F9FJF-K63TB-CBT3K
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: W3KTJ-FJFCT-3KCW3-Z3WJJ-JKT6R

I get to be the cool kid today :dance:

These are from facebook, and no expiration details were included. So try them until they no longer work, I guess?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Code just worked for me so its still good as of 8am PST.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Code just worked for me so its still good as of 8am PST.
Same. I just redeemed the PS3 key and it's still working.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Smoky One-bedder posted:

You need to make more videos, that was great. Thanks.
I appreciate the compliment, and you're welcome. If more things come up that people need help with and I figure out a good way to do them, I'll certainly throw a video together again. It's good practice for me.

quote:

Now, you wouldn't happen to have a video on how to avoid the Master Gee system-freeze would you?
Unfortunately, my game playing/video making skills don't extend to "fixing broken stuff." :(

Flippery
Sep 20, 2005
Lurking beneath the surface

gibbed posted:

It does sound like that's a suitable fix for that bug.

Thanks for the comment - it worked and now I'm a full member of the playthrough 2.5 club!

Are you the 'gibbed' that created the wonderful little editing program that was pivotal to rescuing my character for me? While I'm sure people use it for far cheekier purposes, it was invaluable to me for fixing my save, and means I can now get on with all the level 50 quests I had planned to do.

I would love to get you a forums upgrade or make a donation for your time if you want one.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

<------

Ah yes, those strict and stringent rules of 'Don't be a douchebag' and ... No, wait, that's it.

Love the video, by the by. (You rear end.)

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I'm a level 14 Commando and loving the game so far, any tips for a good spec? I'm mainly going down the Guerilla tree.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MZ posted:

I'm a level 14 Commando and loving the game so far, any tips for a good spec? I'm mainly going down the Guerilla tree.

Buffing the turret is great early game, but around level 20 or so if you're having trouble, you might want to respec some of those points back over to the Survival tree. 5/5 (or higher) on the two level-1 skills in that tree are pretty much required as a Commando.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Farming orange sucks. And so does cooping through TVHM only to have a pubby flag a quest before everything scales up to 50 so you miss your chance for level 50 quest loot. I have some things that I'd be glad to dupe for goons, including CC, Bee, Blade's rapier, Love Thumper, Law and Order, Shredifier, Two Fer Maggie, etc. All level 50. If you're on Xbox and want some orange loot but don't wanna pull your hair out farming, feel free to add me to your friends list with my GT lol speedboat

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
Another set of codes in the Claptrap video. Hoard up on keys!

PC: KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ
XBOX: 5BCJB-WBZS5-XZRTF-CF3BJ-B6BB6
PS3: WJCTT-S3X5B-T5WWJ-ZJWTJ-HXC6F

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Season Two of the Claptrap web series has arrived! Well, on YouTube; it was on facebook earlier (hence those shift codes).

The YouTube version comes with its own codes:

PC: KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ
360: 5BCJB-WBZS5-XZRTF-CF3BJ-B6BB6
PS3: WJCTT-S3X5B-T5WWJ-ZJWTJ-HXC6F

But you should watch the video too anyway, it's pretty good.

e:f;b but I link to the video so.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Speedboat Jones posted:

Farming orange sucks. And so does cooping through TVHM only to have a pubby flag a quest before everything scales up to 50 so you miss your chance for level 50 quest loot. I have some things that I'd be glad to dupe for goons, including CC, Bee, Blade's rapier, Love Thumper, Law and Order, Shredifier, Two Fer Maggie, etc. All level 50. If you're on Xbox and want some orange loot but don't wanna pull your hair out farming, feel free to add me to your friends list with my GT lol speedboat

I'm going to add you. Another kind goon duped me a CC and an infinity but I'd like to grab a bee and your cool guns without the horrible tedium. I'm online kind of sporadically during the week but I'll look for you.

GT: X guard86

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

What a start to a public holiday!
I now have 5 keys and should probably hit level 50 today.

Thank you twitter/facebook watchers!! :)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sleekly posted:

What a start to a public holiday!
I now have 5 keys and should probably hit level 50 today.

Thank you twitter/facebook watchers!! :)

You might want to hang on to those keys for an alt. I've found the best use was around 40-45. As someone said to me when I asked earlier in the thread, 50 is all about farming for legendaries which don't tend to come from the key chest.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hmm well I do have a 45 Mechro. Thanks for the tip!

Ah Crap!
Dec 1, 2003

same day, more shit
looking for CC, infinity gun, lvl 50 bee (currently have lvl 48), and legendary mods for commando, zero, and mech.

i have cuting slagga, puissant norfleet, barking volcano, hefty baby maker, rigorous kerblaster

PSN: xGASHx

thank you

dpush
Nov 10, 2009
Speedboat I friend requested you days ago and you never accepted it. And xender i could have sworn i dropped a couple bees with the CCs. My bad. I'll be on in the morning around 7 central for an hour or so to dupe more if anyone wants. GT is DPush.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Both codes posted earlier an just recently are still active if people think they missed out.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Playing through as Axton now and I'm doing the Fire hawk cult quest. I feel as though the game is pretty dang hard at this point. I keep dying and it bores me when that happens.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Adregan posted:

Both codes posted earlier an just recently are still active if people think they missed out.

I find that surprising. I expected both codes to be void by now; they worked fine just five minutes ago. Longest "key codes" I've seen last--the skins codes are another matter.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Skeezy posted:

Playing through as Axton now and I'm doing the Fire hawk cult quest. I feel as though the game is pretty dang hard at this point. I keep dying and it bores me when that happens.

Axton dies pretty easily unless you dump a bunch of points into the right-most tree, which is basically the 'get out of death free card'

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Hotwire posted:

Ah yes, those strict and stringent rules of 'Don't be a douchebag' and ... No, wait, that's it.
Five year old grudges are apparently a motherfucker!

quote:

Love the video, by the by. (You rear end.)
Why thankee.

Any of you other folks tired of grinding bosses who also own and have beaten the DLC, give it a look. Looting the armory is all the loot with less than half the effort. In one session (about 15 runs) I nabbed:

A Gunnerang
A Baby Maker
A Hornet
A Thunderball Fist
A Deliverance
A Bonus Package
A Rolling Thunder
The Sham
A(nother) The Bee
The Cradle
Two Legendary Assassin mods
One Legendary Berzerker mod

Another time I picked up:

The Emperor
Hellfire
An Infinity
An Unkempt Harold
A Legendary Siren mod

Both times also netted me a few really good purples, like a Torgue spinigun that does 11K damage per shot, a resistance relic with ~25% resist to fire, shock, corrosive, and explosions, a Torgue shotgun that does ~7500x16, some amazing grenades, that sort of stuff. E-tech guns out the rear end, too. ~11Kx2 homing fire dart pistol, plasmacasters, couple of 27K Dahl railguns, a Hyperion slag splatgun that bounces in slag explosions all the gently caress over the place.

Basically it's loving awesome loot without having to kill a boss or reset your system clock or whatever. All the skull lock chests (seven total counting the underground one) have guaranteed blue or better loot. Give that poo poo a whirl.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Those codes are still good even now! I guess they'll last until midnight somewhere, maybe (It's nearly 10 Central time as of this post). Gearbox is in Texas like me, so they may be good for another two hours?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Flippery posted:

Are you the 'gibbed' that created the wonderful little editing program that was pivotal to rescuing my character for me?
Yes, I am. Glad that helped you. :)

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Five year old grudges are apparently a motherfucker!
Why thankee.

Any of you other folks tired of grinding bosses who also own and have beaten the DLC, give it a look. Looting the armory is all the loot with less than half the effort. In one session (about 15 runs) I nabbed:

A Gunnerang
A Baby Maker
A Hornet
A Thunderball Fist
A Deliverance
A Bonus Package
A Rolling Thunder
The Sham
A(nother) The Bee
The Cradle
Two Legendary Assassin mods
One Legendary Berzerker mod

Another time I picked up:

The Emperor
Hellfire
An Infinity
An Unkempt Harold
A Legendary Siren mod

Both times also netted me a few really good purples, like a Torgue spinigun that does 11K damage per shot, a resistance relic with ~25% resist to fire, shock, corrosive, and explosions, a Torgue shotgun that does ~7500x16, some amazing grenades, that sort of stuff. E-tech guns out the rear end, too. ~11Kx2 homing fire dart pistol, plasmacasters, couple of 27K Dahl railguns, a Hyperion slag splatgun that bounces in slag explosions all the gently caress over the place.

Basically it's loving awesome loot without having to kill a boss or reset your system clock or whatever. All the skull lock chests (seven total counting the underground one) have guaranteed blue or better loot. Give that poo poo a whirl.

oh hey Gildersneeze, could I nab one of those legendary assassin mods off you? I used to play gears with you... GT: Sprocktor

e: also that video rocks

OBi fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 6, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
If I haven't sold them to make room in my vault/inventory, of course! I'm kinda sorta addicted to Gunzerking but have a buddy who plays Zer0, so I think I held on to one for him. I'm headed out for a Halo 4 midnight in a few minutes, but I'll make it a point to check for you tomorrow before work. We'll work out a time to meet up after I make sure I have it.

Edit: thanks for the compliment, too! :)

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 6, 2012

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Codes are still good. Surprising.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dpush posted:

Speedboat I friend requested you days ago and you never accepted it. And xender i could have sworn i dropped a couple bees with the CCs. My bad. I'll be on in the morning around 7 central for an hour or so to dupe more if anyone wants. GT is DPush.

Sorry, man. Try me again and put in your friend request where I'd know you from. Just say you're a goon and I'll accept it.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Dr.Smasher posted:

Axton dies pretty easily unless you dump a bunch of points into the right-most tree, which is basically the 'get out of death free card'

Completely true. Once you get a point or two into Grit and find a Grisly Pointman Class Mod, you'll survive longer.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
What level does the DLC start at in TVHM mode?

JerseyDevil
Jun 26, 2009
Last night, I fought the Warrior for the second time ever, this fight being the first with my Mechromancer. It dropped a Scalable Conference Call.

Too bad it's only level 32 or so

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

My haul from the DLC chest room:

A WTF
A Maggie
An Invader
A Slagga
A Madhous (Really happy about that considering the legit drop is glitched)
A Nasty Surprise
A Fire Bee
A Bonus Package
A Legendary Siren mod

It's not even funny the good stuff you can find in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kifisonfire posted:

My haul from the DLC chest room:

A WTF
A Maggie
An Invader
A Slagga
A Madhous (Really happy about that considering the legit drop is glitched)
A Nasty Surprise
A Fire Bee
A Bonus Package
A Legendary Siren mod

It's not even funny the good stuff you can find in there.

Can you (or are you willing) to dupe the fire bee? Or is it a bee shield resistant to fire? Fire Bee is the name of a legendary grenade mod as well.

• Locked thread