Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
I think it would be only right for the Old Hoss Radbourns to be put into a special challenge series against the Hill Valley Biffs, with the winner being declared the greatest fluke Intercontinental Champion of all the times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
So, if I understand the consensus, you guys do want to go back to three division per league, but are more divided on the issue of the Rule V draft.

Here's the problem with it: it probably won't work the way you guys think it will.

The problem is two-fold. First, the idea that teams are stockpiling lots of good talent is simply untrue, look at the rosters, and you won't find many really good players that teams just stash in their minors.

Second, the burden of the draft falls disproportionately on some teams. The Bobblehads and Bangers get crushed, but the Eazy W's, not having much in the way of reserves, walk away scot-free, despite the fact that all teams have roughly the same win-loss record. That doesn't seem that fair to me, especially since the response from the teams that do have a lot of players that would be exposed to the draft is probably going to be to dump as many of them as possible in the last few weeks of the season so that they can get at least some return on them.

For those reasons, unless there is a bigger outcry for it, I don't think the Super-League should have a Rule V draft.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

You mean Hall of Famer Jake Beckley?

DL Crawford, Hall of Famer Joe Kelley back at first base, Max Carey to right field, call up Cedeno. Lajoie back to second base. Darrell Porter starts at catcher.

There may have been an error with my lineup, but who is mad enough to try to harness chaos?

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

I think "fixing my third base problem" looks a lot like "hoping Eddie Mathews doesn't suck next year." For now, though, platoon him with Matt Williams because apparently I haven't learned my lesson yet.

Rest Edmonds with Averill again. gently caress, this is like the fourth time. Stop being old, Jimbo!

Swap Berkman and Bagwell in the lineup, please. Rickey's certainly doing well, I must say.

I would welcome a Rule V Draft just so someone picks up my Will Clark expecting him to be good. To be fair, he was a great DH for me back when I was in that League. But take my Matt Morris, please!

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

A winning week! That hasn't happened in quite a while, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Analysis

How much damage was done by the pitching injuries you faced in the middle of the season? It's hard to say, but it's probably some.

Eh, probably not that much. I'd imagine with average health I'd be around where my pythag is, but not anything better than that – the team's fundamentally pretty awful.

One change - send Ordóñez down for the Gumshoes series, bringing up Gamble to start in his place. Revert to normal for the Unspecs series.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Replace Nolan Ryan with Orel the Unvanquished until he heals.

Put Lajoie back in the lineup at second.

A Rule V Draft would be pretty funny. I think I've had Kevin Millar in my minors since Super League II. Austin Kearns actually got some playing time at some point, which is pretty depressing.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Dynamo League Week 22 Injury Report

Denny Rainwater has returned to restore the glory of the Intercontinental Title to Polyarny!

Barrow Daydreamers
Ray Durham (2B) (Dunn Force Fanfic) - 13 days

Old Hoss Radbourns
Roy Face (RP) (Sacrifice to the Great Coburn) - 12 days

Rockford Losers
Frank Thomas (1B) (Mandatory Vacation) - 19 days

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

At least the Radbourns lost the title to a Christlike reliever.

Nothing Gold can stay, etc.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
My apologies for not getting the EC Update out recently, however I feel I should at least give an explanation.

I've been in the hospital 2x in the past 3 days, once for some chest pains I've been having which turn out to be nothing major but I was still held overnight as a precaution, and once for my girlfriend's father who will have to have a new heart valve placed after suffering another minor heart attack. Needless to say, when I had my issues, she was overly concerned and so I got the nice hospital bed. I have been ordered to rest for a couple days, apparently the stress from being jobless has really done a number on me.

If someone else wants to take care of simulating a couple of updates for me, I think that might be in the best interests of the whole thread.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

cbx posted:

My apologies for not getting the EC Update out recently, however I feel I should at least give an explanation.

I've been in the hospital 2x in the past 3 days, once for some chest pains I've been having which turn out to be nothing major but I was still held overnight as a precaution, and once for my girlfriend's father who will have to have a new heart valve placed after suffering another minor heart attack. Needless to say, when I had my issues, she was overly concerned and so I got the nice hospital bed. I have been ordered to rest for a couple days, apparently the stress from being jobless has really done a number on me.

If someone else wants to take care of simulating a couple of updates for me, I think that might be in the best interests of the whole thread.

Email the save to me. You have my address and I can get in touch with the goog.

Good luck mate, focus on your health

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League VII, Smasher League 21: A Public Service Announcment from the State of Arizona

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

MATHEMATICIANS WIN 4-2 ON SANDOVAL HOME RUN

Milton Keynes- The Cultists are going to win this division, but at least the Mathematicians won this game.

With the Mathematicians down to their last out, Pablo Sandoval hit a clutch three-run home run to give the Mathematicians a walk-off victory over the Cultists in Milton Keynes.

Revenant Threshold, the owner of the Mathematicians and self-proclaimed supporter of something called 'Arsenal', celebrated his team's win, even if he did not seem quite clear on exactly what had happened, "Great game, very proud of the lads. I must admit that I'm a bit surprised that the Cultists did not try and retrieve the ball after Sandoval had hit it out of the pitch. Baffling. I'm also a bit surprised that there was no extra time in today's game. There were a few stoppages in play that I was sure would extend the game, but I suppose I should be grateful for small miracles. All in all, a good match all around."

In the other locker room, CthulhuDreams, the division essentially locked up, had other things on his mind, "As you all know, the AFL is just getting underway, so this is an excellent time for you to all get into the sport. Now, Australian Rules Football is a great sport. 18 players per side are on a giant oval-" At this point, the press conference began to break down as CthulhuDreams offered an explanation of sport with rules so patently ridiculous that it could not possibly exist in nature. Asked if this 'Australian Rules Football' was real, or just the imaginings of a mind warped by the stresses of living in a land far from any semblance of civilization, CthulhuDreams just broke down in tears, and claimed that, "It was real to me, drat it! It will always be real to me!"

Box Score

Don May posted:

COMANCHEROS BULLDOZE GOOSE EGGS 14-3

Coahuila- The Comancheros have found a new and better god to guide them to the promised land.

Warm Sarsaparilla explained, "For we were lost! The darkness was coming in as the life in our team slowly faded away. But I have been saved! We have all been saved! Given another chance to fix our mistakes! And that man, that force that will save us, he is James Coburn, he has led our brothers in the Radbourns to an Intercontinental Title victory, and now he leads our Comancheros to another glorious win. But he has told me that this is not enough. He says that I must bring the Radbourns and Comancheros together into a single team that will do good works in the name of Coburn." Warm Sarsaparilla then starting pointing at the audience wildly.

"Ah, but I see doubters amongst you! Those who would question the powers of James Coburn! Look now, yon cocksuckers, at the glorious 14-3 thrashing of the Goose Eggs that Coburn has granted me! See how he has finally made my Albert Belle whole, and guided his long bombs into the heavens and beyond the field of play! Look, ye unfaithful, on the pitching prowess that he has granted Bert Blyleven! How can you possibly doubt his greatness now? For in his name, I will finally find championship glory!"

Armitage, whose Goose Eggs are still technically a Super-League team, claimed to have found a spiritual guide of his own, "From now on, me and my Goose Eggs will be praying to..."

"Falco, one of the great musical minds of the '80s. If I may quote one of his more famous passages, 'Don't turn around, uh-oh/Der Kommissar's in town, uh-oh/You're in his eye/And you'll know why/The more you live/The faster you will die/Alles klar, Kommissar' Thank you, and guten abend." Armitage then began to dance...poorly.

Box Score

Don May posted:

BOBBLEHEADS END POTATOES 14-1 BECAUSE THEY CAN

Moscow- Traditionally, if a team forfeits, the other team is given a 9-0 win, with each run representing one run for each of the innings that would have been played.

A forfeit would have been kinder to the Potatoes.

The Bobbleheads, still dominating the Smasher League, crushed the Potatoes today in Moscow, with every Bobbleheads' starter getting at least one hit, and eight out of nine getting an extra-base hit.

Mark Grace was clearly uninterested, bringing a newspaper to his press conference and reading it instead of answering questions, "Look at that the Tribune is endorsing Obama. They usually lean right...then again, it's not like it really matters, it's not like Illinois is going to be competitive. What else...'Historic preservation efforts lauded in Wilmette'. Have to call bullshit on that one. There is nothing in Wilmette worth preserving. Just a bunch of rich assholes." He then put away his newspaper, and began to address the crowd.

"Now, as a lot of you guys have heard, I recently ran into a few legal problems down in Arizona, and my attorneys have told me that if I do some public service-type bullshit, so, let's get that out of the way: If you have to drive drunk, make sure you don't get caught more than once in a calendar year, because, if you do, the D.A. gets really pissy and will sentence you to several months in jail." Grace then leaned forward, gripping the podium with one hand and he gestured with the other, "So, I'm going to Tent City, and knowing Sheriff Joe Arpaio, I think we both know that this is going to end up being a Cool Hand Luke type situation. But let me tell you something, Cool Hand Luke was a pussy, and I will never have my spirit broken, no longer how long I have to spend in the hole. And I say that with confidence, even though I know that your greatest enemy in the hole is yourself, and I am a formidable opponent. But, as a man who once fought off a shark with nothing more than a nail file and a bottle of mouthwash, I can promise you that I will not be beaten by myself! Yeah!"

For the downtrodden Potatoes, who have no officially been eliminated from the playoffs, Josh Gibson sounded downright suicidal, "I hate myself, I hate my teammates, I hate Idaho, and everyday it gets a little harder to go on. gently caress everything."

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

The Bobbleheads, despite having the best record in the Super-League, are the only division leader that is still in a competitive race.

Analysis

Collins and Cobb may literally be turning to dust. It's something of a concern.

Analysis

The power of Coburn compels!

Analysis

Schilling is back, which would probably give the Phoenixes just the shot in the arm they needed if they needed a shot in the arm.

Analysis

You're just out of pitchers.

Analysis

The elevation of Idaho has once again proven your biggest enemy. That and your awful, awful starting rotation.

Analysis

I'd like to think that factorialite's real plan was ensuring that all of these Jimmie Foxxes ended up in the same dispersal draft pool.

Analysis

Those loving Bobbleheads! Still, you do have an easy schedule coming up. Really easy.

Analysis

Ryan Braun has an error/double ratio of 14/11. That would be fine in 1912, not so much in 2012.

Analysis

Obviously, if you're having chest pains, it's probably time to take a step back from unnecessary sources of stress, of which the Super-League is most definitely one. I think CthulhuDreams will probably be the guy who can run the sim while you take some time off, so it makes the most sense to try and arrange something with him.

Feel better soon.

Analysis

Not the most impressive debut I've ever seen, but it looks like it just might be enough to give you another season.

Analysis

I think your pitching was just a bit too thin to survive. You had a very old Alexander, Steve Carlton and Roy Halladay, the last of which had never done that well in the Super-League. That was the biggest problem for the Superstars.

Analysis

The playoff will start relatively soon.

Analysis

Injuries are causing the W's to limp towards the end a little bit, but a fourteen game lead means that it really isn't a big deal.

And hey, Yoshida's ERA is under 4.50! How about that?

Analysis

The Ted Sox are pulling themselves up by their bootstraps and, if they keep this up, will avoid the Gauntlet. Plus, you get to leave Manchester soon. It's all looking up.

Analysis

Note: Falco and Taco are too different people.

Standings and Leaders

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Hey EC Owners

I'm taking over the EC, I'll get an update up as soon as I can. I'll be running things slightly differently from CBX, but in the short term I'll get an update up as soon as I get the save file.

Sorry for the delay, and well wishes to cbx.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Luna Landers

While Manny's busy being Manny, we'll go defense first:

LF Raines
2B Collins
1B Gehrig
CF DiMaggio
RF Aaron
DH Garciaparra
3B Brett
C Hartnett
SS Joost

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
I haven't been able to do any roster updates past the last time I posted, so all of the EC owners' changes since then would need to be implemented, and the injuries re-instated. I'll send it shortly.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

cbx posted:

I haven't been able to do any roster updates past the last time I posted, so all of the EC owners' changes since then would need to be implemented, and the injuries re-instated. I'll send it shortly.

OK sounds good, bang it through.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

tatankatonk posted:

Well, time for a shakeup. New lineup, vs both lefties and righties. Send Joe Torre down to the minors for a month.

#1 Joe Ferguson, CF
#2 Davey Lopes, C
#3 Felipe Alou, SS
#4 Denis Menke, RF
#5 Jimmy Wynn, 3B
#7 Steve Garvey, 2B
#8 Joe Carter, LF

Rotation

SP #1 Clay Carroll
SP #2 Dr. Mike Marshall
SP #3 Ron Reed
SP #4 Larry Andersen
SP #5 Jim Kern

Reposting my lineup for this month's EC update.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Hope ya feel better cbx.

I didn't vote on either of the two propositions since I don't really care enough about either system since most of the problems with my team is beacuse I am a lovely drafter of teams and an even shittier evaluator of talent.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Emperors

Let's put Reggie Jackson as the DH and have Alomar play 2B full time. Don't want to die from inhaling Collins and Cobbs last remains.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Cultists Lineup Changes

Please Put Johnson in for Riggs the Incredible in the LF platoon I'm pretty sure his knee or shoulder has exploded but the AI thinks he should still be allowed to pinch hit. To head that off: Send Riggs down to the Minors. You'll be back next season buddy and many laughs will be shared by all.

Hornsby is prolly gonna die, so let's do something about that to:

Platoon Musial and Hornsby at DH that's gonna result in a gap at second base so

Put Sandberg in at 2B

Obviously with his awesome .262 OBP and high power levels, Sandberg is destined for greater things than number 2 hitter, so, lineups are

Tris Speaker
Pujols
RF Platoon
DH Platoon
LF Platoon
Banks
Santo
Catcher Platoon
Sandberg

I know this lineup is hilariously Sciosciametric, but I want to see what Pujols does with some more plate appearances, I need to rest hornsby, and the rest is vaguely sensible.

Future tanking roster for personal reference, not to be changed in the roster.

Roster:

C: Irod catches all games
1B: Billy Williams
2B: Sandberg
3B: Santo
SS: Yount
LF: Johnson
CF: Kiki Cuyler
RF: Walker

DH: Tris Speaker / Pujols Platoon

Bench: Hornsby, Musial, Banks, Hartnett, the DH platooner

Lineup:

Kiki Cuyler
DH Platoon
Billy Williams
Walker
Johnson
Yount
Santo
Irod
Sandberg

Is that the best bench of all time? I think it is.

Rotation:

SP 1: Walter Johnson
SP 2: Carlton
SP 3: Frank Smith (Mathewson to LR)
SP 4: Pedro (Put curt in here when he recovers)
SP 5: Ray Collins

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 6, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Superstars share buyback scheme:

Big Daddy Vladdy to the SSS for <something>
Chuck Knoblach to the Googly Mooglies for <something else>
Old Pete to the Cultists for the 5th man in the greatest rotation of all time - by win shares.
Frank Robinson and Jesse Orsco for Dave Parker and Gee Walker

With that the Superstars ownership partnership is dissolved and the team is turned over to the league as a public trust until their death or dissolution.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

mrnoun posted:

Luna Landers

While Manny's busy being Manny, we'll go defense first:

LF Raines
2B Collins
1B Gehrig
CF DiMaggio
RF Aaron
DH Garciaparra
3B Brett
C Hartnett
SS Joost

Addendum: With Ramirez on the DL, call up Nellie Fox.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Superstars share buyback scheme:

Big Daddy Vladdy to the SSS for <something>
Chuck Knoblach to the Googly Mooglies for <something else>
Old Pete to the Cultists for the 5th man in the greatest rotation of all time - by win shares.
Frank Robinson and Jesse Orsco for Dave Parker and Gee Walker

With that the Superstars ownership partnership is dissolved and the team is turned over to the league as a public trust until their death or dissolution.

What is this? Directors looting their own corporation for their own personal profit! This is malfeasance of the highest calibre!

This cannot go unpunished!

Superstars Owners

You have 16 hours to wind up any trades you might want to make with the Superstars, with the understanding that, like all trades, I will have to approve them.

After that, you will be stripped of your shares in the Superstars, and the team will be liquidated by means of...Super-Auction!

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Super-Auction!

oooooohhhh. I like chaos.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Hey y'all! 1928 Rogers Hornsby is on my trading block! Come and get him!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Delahanty to SS, Cabrera to the bench, Howard Johnson to DH.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Schilling to the DL, and let's go with *throws dart* Bobo Newsom! Bump Mussina up to 4th in the rotation and slot Newsom 5th.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Good luck to you and your family, cbx! :glomp:

Things to make your and Cthulhu's life as difficult as possible, quoted to be sure it's not missed:

Mornacale posted:

It would be pretty rad if the EC could get standings along with their scores, not sayin' just sayin'.

e: Injury/tiredness lineups!

vs RHP
C Bill Freehan
1B George Grantham
LF Boog Powell
?F Kirby Puckett
?F Lenny Dykstra
2B Dick McAuliffe
SS Luis Aparicio
3B Brooks Robinson
P

vs LHP
C Bill Freehan
LF Barry Bonds
3B Brooks Robinson
?F Kirby Puckett
1B George Grantham
?F Lenny Dykstra
SS Luis Aparicio
2B Freddy Sanchez
P

Instructions
- I listed Puckett and Dykstra as ?F. Please either use your judgement as to which should be CF and which RF, or tell me their defensive ratings so I can figure it out.
- Make Ernie Lombardi personal catcher for Milt Pappas and Red Lucas.
- Once Bonds is rested, make the 3-5 hitters vs RHP Dykstra-Bonds-Puckett
- Once Herman is healthy (and presumably not tired), put my OF back to Bonds-Puckett-Herman. Against RHP, he should hit 2nd behind Grantham, dropping Freehan to 5th and moving Puckett to 3rd. Against LHP he should hit 5th between Puckett and Grantham.
- Once Hrbek is healthy, put him at 1B against RHP and move Grantham back to 2B. Bat him 6th where McAuliffe currently sits.
- It would be cool if, when you reorganize me for guys coming back from injury, you could see if Barrold is tired. If so, let Dykstra hit for him against RHP for a week, swapping him with Puckett in the order.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Good luck to you and your family, cbx! :glomp:

Things to make your and Cthulhu's life as difficult as possible, quoted to be sure it's not missed:

OK, this is how this is going to go down. As of right now, I'm working on an update. I'm going to try and pick up everyone's lineup changes, but I'm sure I'm going to miss stuff.

So to mitigate this issue, I'm only going to run 1 week of simulation time. Then I'll give people a while to punch out roster changes, sort out the kinks and take it from there.

Edit 1: Rosters are locked until post update

Edit 2: Also, looking at some people's lineup changes NO BLATANT TANKING FOR BETTER DRAFT PICKS Moderate tanking is okay, but playing relivers and starters and outfielders at catcher is not gonna fly. Like, No. If it's not even slightly plausible, I'm bouncing it. Benching sore catchers for another catcher is absolutely fine though.

Edit 3: Also (some) of your injuries are getting magically cured, and if you were doing some bizarre poo poo to compensate, have a free pass! But I'm ignoring those lineup changes to.

Edit 4: I made Mike Trouts predicated future stats the stats he actually got for the season. He might, uhhh, be a bit better now.

edit 5: Update is uploading now. I will compose some analysis with a burbon and coke.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Nov 6, 2012

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Dynamo League Week 22 Injury Report

Barrow Daydreamers
Ray Durham (2B) (Dunn Force Fanfic) - 13 days

Pratt covers while Durham recovers from the brain-curdling atrocity.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

BALETED - Replaced later in thread.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 7, 2012

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Swap Yaz and Slaughter in the lineup, and I guess make Bob Stanley the closer, pushing Campbell down to setup and Eck into short relief

Also I'm supposed to have a '77 Buddy Bell, what happened to that dude?

gardenald fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 6, 2012

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Oh hey, 8-3 so far in June. I'm still relentlessly optimistic about the team I've put together so hopefully this is where they'll start turning things around (EC Is Meaningless, I know I know) :toot:

- It seems some of the made-up guys found their way onto my roster. Send down: Jeff Latimore, Loren McCartney, and Davis Tajwan, Glenn Beckert, Ernie Banks.

- Call up Joe Neikro, Scott McGregor, Bill Gullickson, Tim Raines and Ken Singleton.

- New lineup because Mel Ott batting leadoff oh god what
    CF Andre Dawson
    RF Mel Ott
    1B Eddie Murray
    LF Billy Williams
    C Gary Carter
    3B Ron Santo
    DH Johnny Mize
    SS Cal Ripken
    2B Tim Raines

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

gardenald posted:

Swap Yaz and Slaughter in the lineup, and I guess make Bob Stanley the closer, pushing Campbell down to setup and Eck into short relief

Also I'm supposed to have a '77 Buddy Bell, what happened to that dude?

I'll fix those mistakes next time gadget!

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
To be honest, I have no idea what you consider a fair price for Pete Alexander. However, might as well make an attempt now since I won't be back before the deadline. I will offer John Candelaria, Bucky Walters, and Dwight Evans for Pete Alexander.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Lefty Gomez to long relief, Curt back up to the rotation.

So, The Goog, you're fresh out of pitchers. I now have a Jake Peavy surplus to requirements, from 2006, just before his Cy Young season. Before the Superstars get broken up without you getting anything from the deal, why not transfer one of your broken pitchers there; oh, say, Wade Boggs, to me; and have Peavy for yourself?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

The Merry Marauder posted:

So, The Goog, you're fresh out of pitchers. I now have a Jake Peavy surplus to requirements, from 2006, just before his Cy Young season. Before the Superstars get broken up without you getting anything from the deal, why not transfer one of your broken pitchers there; oh, say, Wade Boggs, to me; and have Peavy for yourself?

My pitchers will be fine for the Gauntlet, which is all I have to play for at this point. Thanks for the offer, though.

Speaking of the Superstars, I thought I'd make an offer just for the Hell of it:

Mooglies get: Chuck Knoblauch, Chris Perez
Superstars get: Dick McAuliffe, Travis Hafner

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
slot Franco in to replace stanky when he is healthy, send downs to the minors and replace with Honeycutt.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

The Bulldogs-Superstars and Mooglies-Superstars trades are approved. And now, the Super-League will seize all outstanding shares of the Superstars, and put the roster up for super-auction a bit later today.

Smasher League Week 22 Injury Report

No New Champions

Chicago Bobbleheads
'06 Derek Jeter (SS) (Better Call for '10 Jeter) - 11 days
Brian Giles (OF) (Expendability at its finest!) - 8 days

Finger Lakes Phoenixes
Carl Mays (SP) (Spirit of Ray Chapman possessed pitching machine and, well, you get the idea) - 30 days

Ted Sox
Ray Chapman (SS) (Spirit temporarily left body so as to possess pitching machine) - 7 days

Vice City Goose Eggs
My Love for the Game of Baseball (Terrible, terrible team) - Forever!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
:siren: Something is hosed up in the EC. There are players in my starting lineup that should not be on my team at all. :siren:

e: Specifically, literally every player that you call out as a bad choice, Cthulhu, isn't on my team.

e2: I can't complain about getting that free 94/95 Niekro, but how the hell did he get 36 IP and 5 decisions in a span of 11 days as a #4 starter? Did I steal someone's Niekro? Did I make a trade during a dissociative fugue? (Both of these are things I'm hoping for.)

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Ted Sox
Ray Chapman (SS) (Spirit temporarily left body so as to possess pitching machine) - 7 days

:aaaaa: I do so enjoy callbacks.