Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007
There, got some more pics of my van, still not brilliant but they'll do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Jefinabox posted:

There, got some more pics of my van, still not brilliant but they'll do.

That is brilliant. Did they ever make them with windows on the side panels? By the contour I'm assuming so.

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007

travisray2004 posted:

That is brilliant. Did they ever make them with windows on the side panels? By the contour I'm assuming so.

Kind of. They made the awesome Traveller

These had back seats as well as half a tree plonked on the side. People used to buy the vans for the cheap tax then convert them to estates.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
I bought a 05 Sti last night.

It has a full stage 2 cobb, camber plates, thicker swaybars, and stoptech pads on the stock brembos. I have the stock BBS's that I will be putting winter tires on. It's a blast to drive and very different from my old mustang cobra. (That's my SE-R in the background as well.)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

G-Mach posted:

I bought a 05 Sti last night.

One of the best ways to post in this thread, in my opinion.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Jefinabox posted:

Kind of. They made the awesome Traveller

These had back seats as well as half a tree plonked on the side. People used to buy the vans for the cheap tax then convert them to estates.

Ugh, I'm salivating. That looks so fun/functional!

JudgeFerrariBravo
Apr 2, 2010
My new car - purchased from local guy who has an Alfa workshop / graveyard behind his house. 44k miles, very clean - usual Alfa issues like 36k mile belt / wp change and roll bar bushes attended to. Hopefully some (almost) trouble-free motoring ahead. It's a 1.6 litre 5 speed manual, not fast but revvy and fun :)

edit: it's a 147

JudgeFerrariBravo fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 4, 2012

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I want one of those Mini Cooper looking van things sooo badly.

I took a picture before all the leaves fell

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

That thing is just nice

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

GramCracker posted:

I want one of those Mini Cooper looking van things sooo badly.
djcommie's dad has one. He had to drive it across the country to drop it off for his parents, I'm sure he has a ton of opinions on them.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You'd be surprised, plus everything on them is super cheap and easy to replace. The big downer is their stupendously bad side impact ratings.

Very cool find, toaster. Did they ever do that color in DOHC trim? I always go :3: when I see a first gen with the "power bulge".

They did offer Magenta on DOHC as well, but they're all fairly rare at this point.

I started work on converting the car to an ACR already. While there was never an ACR sedan with a bulge hood, I had to have it along with the proper ACR bumper (foglight holes, but no foglights). By the time the full conversion is complete (including paint), I'll have about $4k into the neon. loving thing was only $8,900 new.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

Seat Safety Switch posted:

djcommie's dad has one. He had to drive it across the country to drop it off for his parents, I'm sure he has a ton of opinions on them.

Indeed he does... I was lucky enough to drive it around Salinas, CA while hunting for burritos and it was one of the coolest automotive experiences of my life.

(pardon the hipster filter)

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
The car djcommie drove is a Morris Minor Traveller, not a mini.

I don't know if they came that way from the factory, but i've seen a few windows mini countrymen/travellers without the wooden trim

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

toaster_pastry posted:

They did offer Magenta on DOHC as well, but they're all fairly rare at this point.

I started work on converting the car to an ACR already. While there was never an ACR sedan with a bulge hood, I had to have it along with the proper ACR bumper (foglight holes, but no foglights). By the time the full conversion is complete (including paint), I'll have about $4k into the neon. loving thing was only $8,900 new.

The things we do for love.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to post more pictures of that sexy beast on the left.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rhyno posted:

Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to post more pictures of that sexy beast on the left.

He did a whole thread about his RX-7s:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449236

And won't answer my PMs :ssh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kimbo305 posted:

He did a whole thread about his RX-7s:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449236

And won't answer my PMs :ssh:

Blast it all, I don't have archives.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I really need to upgrade to PM's/Archives... Ooppps. Kimbo, as soon as I do I will PM you. If you want, like FD3S Engineering on facebook and message me. :)

The Rx7 is a 93 R1 that I have had for 6 years. It had a complete 2001 drivetrain in it from a wrecked car swapped in by the PO- But he never could figure out the 8bit US to 16bit Japanese wiring. It was gutted outside my shop by some jackasses two years ago.

It looked like this before then.

I put it back together a few months later with stock parts. Slowly I have been gathering replacement bits for all the cool stuff that was taken.

I swapped a fresh Pineapple motor with a mild port/N3G1 twins/larger injectors/no emissions/ACT street+strip clutch/ect in to it this weekend and pulled the 01 drivetrain. It is now back to being a stock R1. Eventually I will build a 02 Spirit R clone with a 95 Base and the 01 drivetrain.

As far as I have it for now.

And yes... there are a few FD's at my house...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can...can I have one?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I believe every person who see's them asks that...
5/6 are customer/friends cars.

My current car list is:
08 135i
06 Mini Cooper S
99 Miata
97 F150
93 RX7
87 RX7
1924 Model T

My dad just picked up a 57 Austin to go with his 48 Desoto/61 Scout/62 MGA/83 380SL.

Guess it runs in the family :D

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

meatpimp posted:

One of the best ways to post in this thread, in my opinion.

Thanks! It's been a ton of fun so far.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

sadnessboner posted:

The car djcommie drove is a Morris Minor Traveller, not a mini.

Austinminimorrisminorwhatever. :)

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
e: Argh wtf SALR....

V ALL OF THEM!

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 6, 2012

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Lowclock posted:

I don't wanna be a buzzkill, but you should probably take that down before they shut your account down or sue you or something.

Carfax or SA? :D

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

toaster_pastry posted:

By the time the full conversion is complete (including paint), I'll have about $4k into the neon. loving thing was only $8,900 new.

Just when I thought I had you figured out. What's the plan with it?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

My new S60R after ~200 miles of driving around on Saturday. It was a good day.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

toaster_pastry posted:

I think I love you.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Noble still has electrical gremlins so I decided to take the other car for a nice drive.

I was the only one there! Amazing drive, too. Also realized I really need to get a picture with both the Mustang and Noble together.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Can you post more pics of that?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
oh god what have i done

My Ute 1 by Execudork, on Flickr

I wanted an Australian car for my 4-months here in Hobart, Tasmania. This fits the bill, with the added bonus of being AUSTRALIAN!!!! rather than merely "Australian" the way a Subaru Forester would be.

It feels like a Crown Victoria with less weight on the back wheels. Does anybody know Ford's internal relationships between the Falcon and the various large North American bodies?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ExecuDork posted:

Does anybody know Ford's internal relationships between the Falcon and the various large North American bodies?

Completely separate. Falcons have pretty much always been Aussie designs (not sure about the originals from the 60's).

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
At first I thought you were still in Canada and started to literally vibrate in my chair with excitement.

But that is still totally awesome. You should do burnouts and film them.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Spend the sum total of what it would cost to replace his M Coupe on it :colbert:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

ExecuDork posted:

It feels like a Crown Victoria with less weight on the back wheels. Does anybody know Ford's internal relationships between the Falcon and the various large North American bodies?
Even if it feels like it, these modern Falcons are unibody cars, so unrelated to the Panther.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

The merc wagon, range rover, Disco2, bike, and bus are mine. the rrc and series 2a belong to a client.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Is she fancy performance wise? No. But I dig the hell out of 35-38 MPG at 70-80 MPH though and peppy enough to boot.

Bought used earlier this year with only 5k miles, and within $1k of the trade-in value. Booyah.

Of course in order to get it, my previous car had to get crushed by 3 story tall oak tree during a storm.

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 6, 2012

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

There is no plan. It was a ridiculous impulse buy and a totally bad decision. I'll invest too much money into it, enjoy the poo poo out of it, feel guilty, and sell it at a loss.

There are worse hobbies than this, right?

*edit*

Das Volk posted:

Spend the sum total of what it would cost to replace his M Coupe on it :colbert:

Also, this.

toaster_pastry fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 6, 2012

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
Just had a new toy delivered last weekend. This replaced my old D-90. Quite a change I think.

1961 Thunderbird with a Sportster kit. Real Sportsters weren't available until '62. Stock 390 4bbl under the hood.

Interior needs a complete overhaul/replacing and there's some rust under the floor and in the trunk but overall it's in great shape. The interior was originally beige and someone dyed the leather white and painted everything else, even some chrome, white. :wtf: All the exterior chrome is bright and there. The car was stored for 20 years with the top stowed so that's pretty trashed but it fully works. Engine needs some tuning but was rebuilt within the last 10 years so pulls hard and sounds amazing.

Once I start actually working on it I might give it its own thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

Can you post more pics of that?

I just realized I have almost no pictures of it as it's sort of my beater/daily. Here's right after we put the new suspension on at Nija's house.