Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

People posted:

Gratuitous DLC Treasure Room Booty

Ohhhhh maaan guuuuys don't make me buy the DLC...

...Is the Season Pass thing still available? Goddammit Gearbox take my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Can you (or are you willing) to dupe the fire bee? Or is it a bee shield resistant to fire? Fire Bee is the name of a legendary grenade mod as well.
It's the grenade mod I've got, and yes I'd be willing to do that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kifisonfire posted:

It's the grenade mod I've got, and yes I'd be willing to do that.

Wait do you have the 360 version or PS3 version? Also do you need any specific legendaries? I may or may not have one.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Wait do you have the 360 version or PS3 version? Also do you need any specific legendaries? I may or may not have one.
I'm on the 360. Right now the only legendary I'm looking for is a shock CC, but I'm just farming for whatever at the moment.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kim jong-illin posted:

What level does the DLC start at in TVHM mode?

It scales to you, starting at level 30, from what I remember (so 30-50).

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

JerseyDevil posted:

Last night, I fought the Warrior for the second time ever, this fight being the first with my Mechromancer. It dropped a Scalable Conference Call.

Too bad it's only level 32 or so

You actually got something really great. I have a level 30 Conference Call and it makes an outstanding twink item for alts. Plus, at 49 with The Bee it still takes TVHM The Warrior down in one clip.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Save the DLC for when you're 50 after beating playthrough 2. Some of that quest loot is stuff you would really want as 50 loot.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ohhhhh maaan guuuuys don't make me buy the DLC...

...Is the Season Pass thing still available? Goddammit Gearbox take my money.

Pretty sure it isnt anymore, at least not on ps3. The others i'm not so sure.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

meiram posted:

Season Two of the Claptrap web series has arrived! Well, on YouTube; it was on facebook earlier (hence those shift codes).

The YouTube version comes with its own codes:

PC: KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ
360: 5BCJB-WBZS5-XZRTF-CF3BJ-B6BB6
PS3: WJCTT-S3X5B-T5WWJ-ZJWTJ-HXC6F

But you should watch the video too anyway, it's pretty good.

e:f;b but I link to the video so.

These are still good as of 11 AM EST, so they might not expire?

Edit: aaaand with the new patch I just lost all 14000 of my badass ranks. :/

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

REPLAY VALUE!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
OBi, I just checked and I did say "screw you, Belgian, I need mo' loot in my stash!" and sell both Legendary Hunter mods. If it's any consolation it was yze that was getting snubbed, so consider it payback for all the times he backstabbed you in Gears?

If I hit another one you'll be the first to know, promise. Although as a warning: Halo 4 is bitchin' and will be what I play for a while.

Edit: and in light of that, any 360 goons with one handy wanna help OBi (GT: Sprocktor) out and dupe him a Legendary Hunter mod? He's a pretty cool guy, I promise!

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 6, 2012

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Dewgy posted:

That reminds me, what is everyone's current badass rank? I kind of want to know for sake of comparison. Can't check my own atm, on my phone at uni.

EDIT: obviously not yours, dewgy. We all know what yours is now :smug:
sorry for your loss dude, that must suck.

JerseyDevil
Jun 26, 2009

BGrifter posted:

You actually got something really great. I have a level 30 Conference Call and it makes an outstanding twink item for alts. Plus, at 49 with The Bee it still takes TVHM The Warrior down in one clip.

Yeah I mean it still trivialized the Warrior on successive attempts. It's much more effective than the Fibber I was using (I have the version that, after the bullets ricochet, they form a circle with a dot, like a bulls-eye). I was using the fibber and just shooting at the ground, because I have points in "Close Enough." I was referring more to the fact that I'm not going to be worth much for duplicating purposes since there are a ton of level 50's floating around

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Feeble posted:

That reminds me, what is everyone's current badass rank? I kind of want to know for sake of comparison. Can't check my own atm, on my phone at uni.

What's worse is it erased my controller settings too! My sensitivity settings... :cry:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Feeble posted:

Kicking at 24-6k right now.
Missing one full challenge from my Zero to finish (only need 2 more ranks in it) and i am finished.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Any reports if the latest patch fixes the DLC Treasure Room Glitch?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

TheTofuShop posted:

Nope, done it a few times today. Got myself a legendary soldier class mod too.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

TheTofuShop posted:

Patch Notes for latest update :
11/6/12 Update
- Added security to prevent data loss tied to malicious violations of the Xbox Live Code of Conduct through an unsupported third-party program.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=167349

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Dang, and I thought I played a lot. I'm at like 10500 Badass Rank give or take. Beaten the game and the DLC once with my Gunzerker main dude and just beat the main game with my Mechro. I have all the other classes up to at least level 20 playing legitimately (no boosting).

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Patch Notes for latest update :
11/6/12 Update
- Added security to prevent data loss tied to malicious violations of the Xbox Live Code of Conduct through an unsupported third-party program.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=167349

I think this has to do with the zombie virus I read was going about. Apparently someone rigged up a "hardcore mode" that would make it impossible to respawn, and if you joined the game of someone who was playing with that custom feature, and died during the play session, your character would unable to spawn again. Hadn't heard anyone getting it in this thread, but it made some news on the game sites.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Feeble posted:

My Badass Rank is just shy of 13,200 at this point, and I've yet to get a character to 50. I'm about 2,000 XP away from level 46 on my main, looking to spend this election night trying to get to Lv 47 (operative word there is "try") before closing up shop for the day.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Just checked, my current badass rank is 22608. At this point I've got at least +8% in everything, with most being closer to +10. I really love this system, kimd of hope more games use it.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Randy Pitchford retweeted some poor shmuck's new tattoo. :laffo:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Lblitzer posted:

Randy Pitchford retweeted some poor shmuck's new tattoo. :laffo:
Wow I'm all for gaming tats (if I ever get a tat it'll probably be jacks wrist chains from bioshock) but angel really doesn't seem like a memorable enough character to warrant a tattoo...
Whatever, their skin, their canvas.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Feeble posted:

Wow I'm all for gaming tats (if I ever get a tat it'll probably be jacks wrist chains from bioshock) but angel really doesn't seem like a memorable enough character to warrant a tattoo...

To be honest if you're going to get a gaming tattoo, picking a memorable character may not be the best idea. At least with this, he can say to people "hey look at my cool tattoo of an angel with an electronic motif" without having to mention that she's a video game character. Same with the wrist chains, people would just assume that's a cool design.

But if you put Princess Zelda on your arm, people who know who Princess Zelda is will think you are very sad for putting a video game character on your arm, and people who don't know who Princess Zelda is will think you are very sad for putting an anime princess on your arm, and people who don't know what either of those things are will ask you "who's that on your arm?" and then you have to explain that it's Princess Zelda, that she's a character from a video game, and why you care about Princess Zelda so much you had to put her on your arm. And then the person you explain that to will immediately jump to the conclusion that you are secretly whacking it to pictures of Princess Zelda every night.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Reveilled posted:

To be honest if you're going to get a gaming tattoo, picking a memorable character may not be the best idea. At least with this, he can say to people "hey look at my cool tattoo of an angel with an electronic motif" without having to mention that she's a video game character. Same with the wrist chains, people would just assume that's a cool design.

But if you put Princess Zelda on your arm, people who know who Princess Zelda is will think you are very sad for putting a video game character on your arm, and people who don't know who Princess Zelda is will think you are very sad for putting an anime princess on your arm, and people who don't know what either of those things are will ask you "who's that on your arm?" and then you have to explain that it's Princess Zelda, that she's a character from a video game, and why you care about Princess Zelda so much you had to put her on your arm. And then the person you explain that to will immediately jump to the conclusion that you are secretly whacking it to pictures of Princess Zelda every night.

My yoshi tattoos would like a word with you. Then again it's baseball themed and because yoshis story was my first game I purchased with my money.

I really love that bad rear end ranks can be turned on and off. And the difference is actually sizeable.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Lotish posted:

I think this has to do with the zombie virus I read was going about. Apparently someone rigged up a "hardcore mode" that would make it impossible to respawn, and if you joined the game of someone who was playing with that custom feature, and died during the play session, your character would unable to spawn again. Hadn't heard anyone getting it in this thread, but it made some news on the game sites.

It's not a virus nor a custom feature. The hardcore mode was a planned feature and some of the mechanics for it were implemented - like permadeath via save deletion. The problem came from the fact that saving a character in a hardcore mode game set the hardcore flag on the savefile and in turn games created with that character are hardcore mode games.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Feeble posted:

haha I have zero tattoos but I when saw that chain tat I was like "hey, thats pretty cool looking".

I'm not a fan of that guy's though, can't tell what the hell is going on with it.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Reveilled posted:

To be honest if you're going to get a gaming tattoo, picking a memorable character may not be the best idea. At least with this, he can say to people "hey look at my cool tattoo of an angel with an electronic motif" without having to mention that she's a video game character.

That said, he's got the Transformers logo on his pants so I don't think anyone will confuse him with somebody cool doing cool things with a cool tattoo.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Save editor, r124.

Get it here.

Edit: here here? heh.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 6, 2012

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Reveilled posted:

Funny you should say this, since I have a Princess Zelda tattoo on my left arm, and everyone I know likes it. :colbert:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Judge Tesla posted:

Funny you should say this, since I have a Princess Zelda tattoo on my left arm, and everyone I know likes it. :colbert:

Do you really think that any decent human being is going to tell someone that they hate their tattoo?

Edit: To be clear, I'm not passing judgment one way or the other, it's probably a very nice tattoo.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 6, 2012

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Judge Tesla posted:

That was actually very judgemental of me, and an unfair exaggeration on my point. I shouldn't have suggested everyone secretly thinks you whack it to Pricess Zelda, sorry.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Do you really think that any decent human being is going to tell someone that they hate their tattoo?

Edit: To be clear, I'm not passing judgment one way or the other, it's probably a very nice tattoo.

And if it isn't a nice tattoo you can talk about it here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368826

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man, I hope they figure out something to do with excess eridium in one of the upcoming DLCs. Maybe you could craft an at-level purple-grade gun from the existing part archetypes in the game or something? That would be cool. Like 40 E-bux and you have exactly the kind of gun you want.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Monkey Fracas posted:

Man, I hope they figure out something to do with excess eridium in one of the upcoming DLCs. Maybe you could craft an at-level purple-grade gun from the existing part archetypes in the game or something? That would be cool. Like 40 E-bux and you have exactly the kind of gun you want.

I would be fine with just extra space and ammo pools.

Tim Chuma
Dec 19, 2009
Was playing with a Gunzerker up to level 13 and hit a brick wall at "A Dam Fine Rescue" going across the top of the dam with the robots.

Playing through again as the Mecromancer, I wondered why all these loot midgets start popping out of every other chest, turns out different enemies turn up on each playthrough through to 2.5. The game manual is practically a pamphlet so I had to find this information from one of the wikis.

I find this a difficult game to have a "short" session of, especially playing it in the evening.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tim Chuma posted:

I find this a difficult game to have a "short" session of, especially playing it in the evening.

Especially as a mechromancer, since anarchy stacks disappear when you quit out.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Well, I thought BNK-3R was going to be difficult with the Siren on TVHM. More grind than difficult when you are only hitting on a crit for 62K a pop. Good news is grinding (solely to get the missions done) at Opportunity, Thousand Cuts and at the Bunker site was more lucrative XP-wise. Up to Level 48 now, think there's a possibility without excess grinding that I could hit 50 before reaching the end of TVHM.

Think I have my goal for the extended weekend now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

ShadowedFlames posted:

Well, I thought BNK-3R was going to be difficult with the Siren on TVHM. More grind than difficult when you are only hitting on a crit for 62K a pop. Good news is grinding (solely to get the missions done) at Opportunity, Thousand Cuts and at the Bunker site was more lucrative XP-wise. Up to Level 48 now, think there's a possibility without excess grinding that I could hit 50 before reaching the end of TVHM.

Think I have my goal for the extended weekend now.

Most bosses can be sniped while underlevelled from a relatively safe spot if you're patient. For Bnk3r on my Siren I just stuck to the bottom deck near the vending machines and plinked him down. The Warrior can also be shot from outside of his room if you jump up on the wall to the left of the drop down to his room.

• Locked thread