Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Smasher, is it possible to check if Pete Alexander's injury was stat-changing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

ForeverBWFC posted:

Smasher, is it possible to check if Pete Alexander's injury was stat-changing?

I don't think it is, but, even if it were, he wouldn't healthy until the finals, which will take place in a different save file, so it's a moot point.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
I honestly don't see the need to have zeroed out the Cells in the EC. They were an SL-caliber team, there were provisions in place to prevent them from receiving any sort of prize for being good, and it's a good benchmark for the new owners to prepare their teams to face for the Super League. Can I get an explanation? Oh, and you don't need to post the Cells' stats in the thread. I'm not a new owner, I don't need to know.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

cbx posted:

I honestly don't see the need to have zeroed out the Cells in the EC. They were an SL-caliber team, there were provisions in place to prevent them from receiving any sort of prize for being good, and it's a good benchmark for the new owners to prepare their teams to face for the Super League. Can I get an explanation? Oh, and you don't need to post the Cells' stats in the thread. I'm not a new owner, I don't need to know.

Simply to prevent them getting a playoff spot.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League VII, Dynamo League Week 22: The Final Countdown!

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

LOSERS INCREASE LEAD TO LUDICROUS LEVELS AFTER 1-0 WIN OVER BEARERS

Rockford- This one is over.

Tom Seaver threw a two-hitter, and the Losers took a 1-0 decision today, giving them a seventeen game lead in the Vae Victis Division with only four weeks to play in the division.

Lord Mayor Humungus, Commander of Rockford, Bishop of the Rad Plains Diocese, and the new Overlord of the Quad Cities, or what's left of them, sensed a certain inevitability in the air. "It truly is the final countdown. As I have stated throughout this season, there was little doubt in the ultimate outcome of this division. The Oranges, Bearers and Radbourns had no chance of defeating my Losers. We are a fully realized Super-League team with no weaknesses, they could not hope to contain us. I gave them a chance to walk away from the league, from the coming slaughter, and they refused. Now, only now, do they release the futility of their endeavors." Lord Mayor Humungus, clearly irritated at the refusal of the other owners to simply concede his greatness, then placed a human skull on the table.

"This skull belonged to Angry_Ed. You all remember him, I am sure. He was a long-time owner in the Super-League. Last season, we were scheduled to play a meaningless series in the final weeks of the season. I demanded, for both of our sakes, that he simply forfeit the games to my team, as my Losers had already clinched their division, and the Crabs were already doomed to be relegated. He refused me and now...we will not see him again. My only regret is that the odd shape of his skull has made for a poor drinking glass. Expansion Owners, I address you now. Some of you will be placed in my division next season. You should quit now and save yourself the heartbreak. You cannot defeat my Losers. There is no hope for you and your teams. We can avoid the heartbreak, the horror, if you just yield now. There is no dishonor in surrender, new owners. The only dishonor is leading your players into a fight they cannot possibly win. There is no-"

"Enough!" A new, aristocratic voice echoed throughout the room as Viscount Slim entered, "I will grant you, Humungus, that your Losers have outclassed the dregs of your division, and I will grant you that the Losers are quite the formidable opponent. I will even grant that, due to their efforts, the St. Paul Bearers, of which I am a part-owner, is likely to be relegated. But the Imperialists yet survive, and will be waiting for you in the first round of the playoffs. And I will have my vengeance for what you have done to my poor Bearers. Humungus, your days of tyranny are finally at an end, for, in just a few weeks' time, my Imperialists shall teach you a lesson in respect. And then, when it is over, we will see who drinks brandy from who's skull."

Box Score

Don May posted:

SUPERBAS PULL 6-0 UPSET OVER DERVISHES

Dubai- No one could have seen this coming.

The Superbas are going to get relegated in the first round most likely. Even if they somehow survive that, the chances of them making it through the Gauntlet are roughly -56%. The Dervishes, on the other hand, have held the United States and European championships for weeks, and are easily going to make the playoffs.

And yet, with this win, the Superbas managed to take three of four from the Dervishes in Dubai, a remarkable series that, tragically, will have virtually no impact on any playoff or gauntlet races.

Nerokerubina, owner of the Superbas, praised his merry band of failures, "Ah, excellent, it looks like the Superbas are finally on the right track! Granted, that track goes directly into a ravine...filled with gasoline, and the train in this metaphor would be on fire...and there would probably be dinosaurs hunting down our train...dinosaurs on jetpacks...they always have jetpacks." Nerokerubina then adopted a thousand-yard state, as if reminiscing about previous fights with dinosaurs. Clearly, Nerokerubina is a dangerously insane man.

The owner of the Dervishes, Beet, continued to give comments as if he was paying by the word, "gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress."

Box Score

Don May posted:

POSTMODERNISTS RECAPTURE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE AGAIN

Raleigh- For the third time this season, the Postmodernists are your Smasher League Intercontinental Champions.

The Postmodernists, apparently still haunted by their collective murder of Denny Rainwater, found themselves unable to score in the early going and, even worse, occasionally broke into song to express their despair. Billy Hamilton, the center fielder, led off the game with a seven-minute song explaining the situation to the Radbourn fans in attendance. His song explains the discovery of Denny Rainwater, his installation as chosen one, who was to lead the Postmodernists to glory, their winning of the Intercontinental Championship from the Saints, and then Rainwater's meltdown, which cost the Postmodernists their championship shortly thereafter. In a rage, the Postmodernists then placed Rainwater on a flaming ice floe that they set off into the White Sea. Since then, according to the song's third verse, the Postmodernists have been consumed by guilt.

As a counterpoint, Jim Kaat, the Radbourns' starter, expressed his own trepidation through song, noting that, as a starter, his presence on the team clearly violated the will of James Coburn, and that there might be dire consequences. In the Radbourns' dugout, Dr. Mike Marshall also sang of his own worries, as, although he does not believe in James Coburn himself, he realizes that he must profess such a faith in order to keep up his team's morale.

The stalemate continued for several innings until, in the bottom of the seventh inning, Dr. Mike realized the advantage was his, as he had a far deeper pool of relievers as compared to the Postmodernists. As he expressed this opinion through song, the stadium began to quake and then, seemingly out of number, a flaming iceberg crashed in through the outfield wall, sliding across the field and crashing into Jim Kaat. Denny Rainwater has returned! Kaat, injured, proceeds to give up five runs in the inning, and the Postmodernists, taking the reappearance of Rainwater to be a showing of divine forgiveness for their earlier treatment of Rainwater, and proceed to hold the Radbourns scoreless the rest of the way, capturing the Intercontinental title in the process.

Dr. Mike Marshall, seeing all of his plans in ruin, then curses global warming for somehow causing an iceberg to travel from the the Arctic Ocean all of the way to Raleigh, which, after all, is quite far inland. The injured Jim Kaat, still singing, counters that this is clearly some sort of divine punishment sent by James Coburn.

The Postmodernists, meanwhile, end the performance by singing that this is truly the greatest day in their team's history, and that they will not lose the Intercontinental title a third time.

Several theater critics in attendance praised the game for its lyrical complexity, but questioned the plotting, noting that, for example, Denny Rainwater actually picking up the save would have made the plot a bit more resonant.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

Looking at your stats, I think that your home park is just a miserable place to have to try and hit in. After all, while Cabrera and Hornsby are dramatically underperforming, your pitching is dramatically overperforming. Looking at your record, it seems like that might be for the best.

Analysis

I think you've been underrating your team a bit. I don't think they'll survive, admittedly, but I think they're still were a decent enough squad.

Analysis

Your catcher platoon has been bizarrely productive this season. Not that Porter and Fisk aren't good catchers, it's just they usually aren't this good in the Super-League.

Analysis

This might be the end, though you will have Bonds for the Gauntlet.

Analysis

Almost losing your titles to the Superbas was not the best way to begin the stretch run, even if it probably won't really matter.

Analysis

What went wrong? Joba. Any other questions?

Analysis

The Bangers have had a down season...and they still have a seven game lead in their division.

Analysis

Keep fighting.

Analysis

Coburn has turned his back on you!

Analysis

Let's see if you can hold onto it a bit longer this time.

Analysis

The Bulldogs start surging at just the right time. I don't see them overtaking the Imperialists, but you can probably avoid the Gauntlet.

Analysis

Good week, still doomed.

Analysis

How are the Generics always one pitcher short?

Analysis

I was going to suggest magic number updates but, well, I'm not sure there's a ton of point this season.

Analysis

Much like CM Punk, you've had a rough couple of weeks.

Analysis

No.

Standings and Leaders

Playoff/Gauntlet Picture

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Uh, okay, don't know how I suddenly acquired a Roger Clemens, but here is my lineup and my actual roster.

C '74 Joe Ferguson
1B '67 Felipe Alou
2B '74 Denis Menke
SS '84 Julio Franco
3B '74 Steve Garvey
LF '84 Joe Carter
CF '84 Brett Butler
RF '74 Jim Wynn

'67 Joe Torre - C
'28 Rogers Hornsby - 2B
'67 Davey Lopes - 2B
'67 Hank Aaron - OF

SP#1: '84 Bert Blyleven
SP#2: '74 Don Sutton
SP#3: '94 Pedro Martinez
SP#4: '74 Andy Messersmith
SP#5: '58 Jim Bunning

CL '77 Dennis Eckersley
SU '74 Mike Marshall
SR '77 Larry Andersen
SR '77 Jim Kern
MR '67 Ron Reed
MR '67 Clay Carroll
LR '74 Charlie Hough
LR '77 Rick Sutcliffe

AAA:
'74 Al Downing - SP

and my lineup

code:
#1 Joe Carter - OF
#2 Joe Ferguson - C
#3 Denis Menke - 2B
#4 Brett Butler - CF
#5 Felipe Alou - 1B
#6 Julio Franco - SS
#7 Steve Garvey - 3B
#8 Jim Wynn - RF
Pitcher
Please adjust accordingly!

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I was going to suggest magic number updates but, well, I'm not sure there's a ton of point this season.
I thought about doing one after seeing last night's SL update, but, yeah, without the wild card, the only competitive race is the Bobbleheads/Landers race. Even still, if I get bored while waiting for the election results to roll in, I might throw one together.

With Thomas finally succumbing to injury, let's re-arrange the lineups to cover for it.

vs RHP
2B Rose
LF Speaker
SS Cronin
CF Charleston
RF Robinson
C Torre/Martinez
1B Youkilis
3B Tejada
P Pitcher

vs LHP
LF Speaker
SS Cronin
1B Youkilis
RF Robinson
CF Charleston
C Torre/Martinez
3B Tejada
2B Frisch
P Pitcher

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

ToiletofSadness posted:

I thought about doing one after seeing last night's SL update, but, yeah, without the wild card, the only competitive race is the Bobbleheads/Landers race.

And even there, there's no need for a magic number update, because the Bobbles and Landers have an unavoidable date with each other and destiny, the final weekend of the season. Our struggle is eternal, predestined and inescapable, unless Smasher messes things up with his realignment plans.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

No! Dammit, Kaat, you smiling cocksucker, you gotta carry yourself like a reliever! 273 games in relief's gotta mean something!

Anyway, in penance, I will be stuffing my jacket with dynamite tonight, in Coburn's name.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Analysis

Okay, your rotation is.. is... amazing? Actually while 4 of your starters are super legit, Harry Howell has a DICE of 6.05, and BABIP of .250, so sell him while his stock is high. Keep the infield defence up and you'll be fine. I've posted the defensive stats as well, so you'll have an idea of how that is working out.
Was Koufax hurt for 2 starts?
Howell is middle relief.

Posting to I can hit the ? and look at my old posts. Maybe I did have him starting.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Do us EC owners need to repost their lineups and rosters again?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-Auction!

It is time to liquidate the Superstars. As a result, I am putting their remaining assets up for auction. Here's how the bidding will work:

-Any owner with a team, Expansion or Super-League, can bid, and can bid as many times as they like.

-Owners can bid anything they want, players, draft picks, whatever. But, they can't include the same players/draft picks in multiple bids at the same time.

-I will decide how much a bid is worth, and whether it is more than the current bid for a player.

-The Super-Auction will run for a few days, probably until the end of the week.

-Enjoy.

Players on the auction block

Catchers
'98 Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez (Ineligible for 16 days in the Super-League)
Current Bid: '99 Jose Canseco and '99 Fred McGriff (OXB)
'06 Bengie "Not as good as Yadier, better than Jose" Molina
Current Bid:
'11 Jack "Action" Lapp
Current Bid:

First Basemen
'64 Harmon "Killer" Killebrew
Current Bid: '86 Jim Rice (RYL)
'09 Travis "Pronk" Hafner
Current Bid:

Second Basemen
'11 Larry "El Zilcho" Gardner
Current Bid:
'34 Odell "Bad News" Hale
Current Bid:
'10 "Thunder" Jim Delahanty
Current Bid:
'68 Dick "The Downward Spiral" McAuliffe
Current Bid:

Third Basemen
'85 Wade "Wade" Boggs
Current Bid: '64 Ron Santo (RYL)
'96 "Doomsday" Matt Williams
Current Bid:
'11 David "Deep" Freese
Current Bid:
'09 "The Fall of" Troy Glaus
Current Bid:

Shortstops
'97 Derek "Gift Basket" Jeter (Ineligible for 33 days in the Super-League)
Current Bid: '82 Robin Yount and '65 Bob Allison (CUN)
'09 Jhonny "Spell Check" Peralta
Current Bid:

Left Fielders
'66 Frank "The Thunder God" Robinson
Current Bid: '89 George Brett (CUN)

Center Fielders
'01 Andruw "Name Not Found" Jones (Ineligible for remainder of Super-League VII)
Current Bid:
'06 Vernon "Not the dude from Mad Max" Wells
Current Bid:
'19 Happy "The Gambling Man" Felsch
Current Bid:
'54 Larry "The Team Killer" Doby
Current Bid:

Right Fielders
'03 Vladimir "How does a walk work?" Guerrero
Current Bid: '74 Jimmy Wynn (SJE)
'75 Dwight "Mr. Naptime" Evans
Current Bid:

Starting Pitching
'41 Bucky "Buckford" Walters
Current Bid:
'06 Roy "Doc" Halladay
Current Bid:
'06 A.J. "Depression that Walks like a man" Burnett
Current Bid: 1 Ratings Challenge (RCH)
'66 Steve "Sting" Carlton
Current Bid: '00 Curt Schilling (RYL)
'98 David "Flash-man" Cone
Current Bid: '08 Ted Lilly (RYL)
'09 Chris "gently caress the Cardinals" Carpenter
Current Bid:
'78 John "The Candy Man" Candelaria
Current Bid:

Relievers
'61 Stan "A Man" Williams
Current Bid: '89 Jeff Montgomery (RYL)
'01 John "I love New York" Rocker
Current Bid: 1 Rating Challenge (RYL)
'86 "The Eternal" Jesse Orosco
Current Bid: '81 Jeff Reardon (RYL)
'06 B.J. "The Beej" Ryan
'78 Tug "Tugglesworth" McGraw
Current Bid: '11 Jeremy Affeldt (OXB)
'09 Jason "Applesauce" Motte
Current Bid:
'90 Dan "Don Pleasance" Plesac
'11 "Dead Man" Joaquin Benoit
Current Bid:

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 7, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

mks5000 posted:

Do us EC owners need to repost their lineups and rosters again?

If there is a mistake, please bring it to my attention. It's possible that I have accidently let the AI make free agent signings. I'll be able to check in approximately ~12 hours, but please bring it to my attention in the interim!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

'74 Steve Garvey for Frank Robinson

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Killibrew

Cultists Bid 1986 Jim Rice

'85 Wade "Wade" Boggs

Cultists bid: 1964 Ron Santo

Cultists Bid Billy Williams

Cultists Bid 1930 Kiki Cuyler

Cultists Bid 2000 Curt Schilling

Cultists Bid Jeff Montgomery

Cultists Bid Jeff Reardon

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 7, 2012

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
48 Bob Elliot for 85 Wade Boggs.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The Maths bid;

'11 Pablo Sandoval for '85 Wade Boggs.

'19 Wilbur Cooper for '66 Steve Carlton.

'11 Ramon Ramirez for '86 Jesse Orosco.
'11 Jeremy Affeldt for '78 Tug McGraw.

And hey, no bids on him yet, so '99 Fred McGriff and Jose Canseco for '98 Ivan Rodriguez.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Cultists bid 1930 Riggs Stephenson on Derek Jeter

Cultists bid 2001 Ivan Rodriguez on 1998 Ivan Rodriguez

Cultists Bid Ted Lilly on David Cone

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 7, 2012

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Okay, well Teufel is no more disappointing than Mathews, but Garciaparra is healthy again so that's that: Garciaparra back to SS, Kent back to 3B, banish Teufel to whatever chthonic hellhole I usually stash him in.

I'll put in a bid of a ratings challenge for AJ Burnett because why the hell not.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

'06 B.J. "The Beej" Ryan

Cultists bid a Ratings Challenge on all of these relievers - I have 6, my 3 and the SXE's 3.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

You can't blame Joba when he has a better W-L record than Cone, Three Finger Brown and Coveleski. 60% of my rotation was a tire fire the entire season & by the time it finally stabilized to "mediocre at best" it was too late.

It's been a good run though.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Bid '11 Home Run Baker and '65 Don Mincher on Boggs, '82 Robin Yount and '65 Bob Allison on Jeter, and '89 George Brett on Frank Robinson

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

'74 Jim Wynn for Vladimir Guerrero

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

And 1974 Steve Garvey for Killebrew, since Garvey already lost out for Frank Robinson

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Cultists bid Phil Coke on '06 Roy "Doc" Halladay

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 7, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

'84 Rick Sutcliffe on Halladay.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-Auction!

It is time to liquidate the Superstars. As a result, I am putting their remaining assets up for auction. Here's how the bidding will work:

-Any owner with a team, Expansion or Super-League, can bid, and can bid as many times as they like.

-Owners can bid anything they want, players, draft picks, whatever. But, they can't include the same players/draft picks in multiple bids at the same time.

-I will decide how much a bid is worth, and whether it is more than the current bid for a player.

-The Super-Auction will run for a few days, probably until the end of the week.

-Enjoy.

Players on the auction block

Catchers
'98 Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez (Ineligible for 16 days in the Super-League)
Current Bid: '99 Jose Canseco and '99 Fred McGriff (OXB)
'06 Bengie "Not as good as Yadier, better than Jose" Molina
Current Bid: '99 Chad Krueter (SSS)
'11 Jack "Action" Lapp
Current Bid:

First Basemen
'64 Harmon "Killer" Killebrew
Current Bid: '74 Steve Garvey (SJE)
'09 Travis "Pronk" Hafner
Current Bid:

Second Basemen
'11 Larry "El Zilcho" Gardner
Current Bid:
'34 Odell "Bad News" Hale
Current Bid:
'10 "Thunder" Jim Delahanty
Current Bid:
'68 Dick "The Downward Spiral" McAuliffe
Current Bid:

Third Basemen
'85 Wade "Wade" Boggs
Current Bid: '64 Ron Santo (RYL)
'96 "Doomsday" Matt Williams
Current Bid:
'11 David "Deep" Freese
Current Bid:
'09 "The Fall of" Troy Glaus
Current Bid:

Shortstops
'97 Derek "Gift Basket" Jeter (Ineligible for 33 days in the Super-League)
Current Bid: '82 Robin Yount and '65 Bob Allison (CUN)
'09 Jhonny "Spell Check" Peralta
Current Bid:

Left Fielders
Current Bid: '89 George Brett (CUN)

Center Fielders
'01 Andruw "Name Not Found" Jones (Ineligible for remainder of Super-League VII)
Current Bid:
'06 Vernon "Not the dude from Mad Max" Wells
Current Bid:
'19 Happy "The Gambling Man" Felsch
Current Bid:
'54 Larry "The Team Killer" Doby
Current Bid:

Right Fielders
Current Bid: '74 Jimmy Wynn (SJE)
'75 Dwight "Mr. Naptime" Evans
Current Bid:

Starting Pitching
'41 Bucky "Buckford" Walters
Current Bid: '74 Al Downing (SJE)
'06 Roy "Doc" Halladay
Current Bid: '11 Phil Coke (RYL) Note: If Cthulhu wins with this bid, I will beat each and every one of you.
'06 A.J. "Depression that Walks like a man" Burnett
Current Bid: 1 Ratings Challenge (RCH)
Current Bid: '00 Curt Schilling (RYL)
'98 David "Flash-man" Cone
Current Bid: '08 Ted Lilly (RYL)
'09 Chris "gently caress the Cardinals" Carpenter
Current Bid: 1 Ratings Challenge (SSS)
'78 John "The Candy Man" Candelaria
Current Bid:

Relievers
Current Bid: '89 Jeff Montgomery (RYL)
Current Bid: '81 Jeff Reardon (RYL)
'06 B.J. "The Beej" Ryan
Current Bid: '11 Jeremy Affeldt (OXB)
'09 Jason "Applesauce" Motte
Current Bid:
'11 "Dead Man" Joaquin Benoit
Current Bid:

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 7, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

'74 Al Downing for Bucky Walters.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

1999 Chad Kreuter for Bengie Molina :geno:

oh and a ratings challenge for Chris Carpenter.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Cultists Bid 1935 Bob Johnson and St Bellhorn on Killibrew.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 7, 2012

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Broken Jeter down, Ancient Jeter up to replace him at SS. Giles can go down as well, call up Abreu.

Bid 1 Ratings Challenge on Matt Williams
Bid Ramon Martinez on Roy Halladay
Bid Birdie Tebbetts on Bengie Molina
Bid 1 Ratings Challenge on David Freese
Bid 1 Ratings Challenge on Jason Motte
Bid Barry Zito on David Cone
Bid George Bell on Chris Carpenter

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Replacement Ref's Expansion Cup Update - Prepare for arbitary decision making and random calls! I think review has been completed

Okay, what happened. In the previous attempt, I forgot to disable the AI from making trades. So it was busily making free agent signings and selling your players. I had to roll back to fix this, sorry.

Please find take two.

Analysis

The Mashers! Bill Spiers sucks but you know that. King Felix on the other hand should be doing better, not sure what's up with that. Maybe have faith.

Splinter Cells

Analysis

I zero'ed your wins. Sorry. Hope you feel better dude.

Spooners

Analysis

Frank white has a good glove, but he's never going to hit. Your rotation is one pitcher shy of being good. These problems are fixable. Jon Lester is a flyballer in a league with many, many many hitters who can mash it out of the park at the slightest provocation. Unlike Pettite, his DICE is about the same as his ERA, and I'm not sure he'll come around. Pettite will though.

Analysis (no DH)

Four games back is managable. Not sure Ensberg is a winning solution at 3B though, but not to clear what you can do about that.

Analysis

Barons! Lefty has the lowest DICE of all your pitchers by a full run. I'm not sure what to make of that. I'm not sure Solly HEmus is a long term solution, but he can play SS/3B/2B well, and that's got value.

Analysis

Your analysis tanked, sorry. PS, don't do that. However, some helpful commentary - SL corner outfielders are frequent in the draft, and your rotation is one pitcher short of greatness, you'll come around.

Analysis

Two things. As my Irod is demonstrating, Irod cannot hit an SL enviroment. Move him to the 8th slot. Dutch Leonard is gonna revert to mean soon and that isn't going be nice. As to how to fix that? Tank? More seriously: Sell Babe Ruth to Marauder, he'll cough up a lot of stuff to get that.

Analysis

I've manually entered Mike Trout's 2012 season in as he achieved it. He will now carve poo poo up. I'll validate this with Smasher and un-fix him if required. However, 3B is a bleeding wound on all teams, so don't count on the draft to fix it.

Venice Beach

Analysis

I've been to Venice, and there wasn't much surf. On a positive note, your pitching shouldn't be sucking this hard. It's not your park which is one of the most middle of the road I've seen, your defence doesn't seem awful, I have no idea what is going wrong. It should be better.

Analysis

Other than Johnson and Falkenberg, all your pitchers are almost a full point ahead of their DICE. I'm not sure this is sustainable.

Leftie O'Doul's BABIP is .360. That definitely isn't sustainable.

Analysis

I rather like your team. The Dervishes are showing that Aparicio can work sort of at short stop, Matt Williams is hitting, christ knows what you gave Sherm Lollar to get him to hit like that, and the pitching is doing well. Ride this sucker!

Analysis

Revised Analysis Incoming - your team is legit though.

Analysis

Okay, your rotation is.. is... amazing? Actually while 4 of your starters are super legit. Keep the infield defence up and you'll be fine. I've posted the defensive stats as well, so you'll have an idea of how that is working out.

Two Baseballs One Girl

Analysis

Your pitchers are legit, your hitters are.. yeah. Work something out there.

Analysis

I need think about this more - Gio Gonzales is better than that. Hire Detective Don Slaught, we'll get back to you.

Analysis

I may have completely ballsed your lineup up, get back to me on that.

Analysis

Not sure why you are doing this badly, all the elements are there, it's just not coming together.

Analysis

You probably have the best rotation going IMHO. They are getting into the 7th or 8th inning, and are pitching effectively. You have three terrible hitters.

Analysis

Any Pettite has a groundball percentage of 800%. That requires further investigation.

Analysis

Jim Boulton is not going to come around.

Guys, on the leaderboard I want to draw your attention to the additional statistics provided

"Defence" - this is the Defensive Efficiency stat, or the percentage of balls put into play against your team that is convered into out. As you can see, the league average is around ~.700. I'm not sure how relevant this is to you, but I think you need to examine your pitchers performance in this context.

This is probably the most meaningful defensive stat you are going to get, if we're being honest.

OOBA: Opponent on base average

OSA: Opponent slugging average

As you can see Cancun Tornando's pitchers are letting people on base, but are suppressing any power hitting. Blue league is much better hitting than Orange, but this is in part due to the defense being much better than in Orange.

The Flying Dutchmen's pitchers sure are doing well, but Dazzy Vance is clearly the best 37 year old pitcher in the league.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 7, 2012

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Blake, you bastard, I want those Cardinals!

I'll lowball Lou Brock, David Aardsma and Bill Spiers for '94 Matt Williams/, Shane Reynolds and a Ratings Challenge for David Freese, a Third Round Dispersal Draft Pick (I think there's three rounds, if not, whatever, ignore this offer) on Doby and Joe Adcock and a Ratings Challenge for Jason Motte.

Also, put Biggio back in the lineup.

CraigK fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 7, 2012

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
This is why I don't play in fantasy leagues, BTW; I'd end up giving away the moon for Munenori Kawasaki because I thought he was a cool dude

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Do EC teams have ratings challenges?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Do EC teams have ratings challenges?

You'll have three, you can use them to appeal to the league commissioner to complain about a player.

Keep some, I'm bidding because I have 6 due to trades.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Well, I figure I'm gonna have a better chance trading them to get a better player than I am to win a challenge, so screw it, I'm bidding them

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Replacement Ref's Expansion Cup Update - Prepare for arbitary decision making and random calls! I think review has been completed

Analysis (no DH)

Four games back is managable. Not sure Ensberg is a winning solution at 3B though, but not to clear what you can do about that.

A couple things:

1. I should definitely have the DH. Will Ortiz be put back in at DH for the next simulation? Or am I just screwed?

2. Demote Pettitte to #5 starter, promote Oswalt to the fourth spot in the rotation. The rotation should be: Vaughn-Clemens-Alexander-Oswalt-Pettitte.

3. Demote Lidge to short relief, promote Worrell to middle relief, and make Smith the setup man.

4. Send down Todd Hazelwood and recall Max Flack.

5. Rest Pedroia for half of the games for Biggio. Do the same with Lankford for Ellsbury.

6. Make Bob O'Farrell the personal catcher for Hippo Vaughn and Pete Alexander.

6. Make the lineup:

1. 2B Pedroia/Biggio
2. CF Lankford/Ellsbury
3. RF Lance Berkman
4. 1B Adrian Gonzalez
5. 3B Youkilis
6. LF Bernard Gilkey
7. DH David Ortiz
8. C Saltalamacchia/O'Farrell
9. SS Ozzie Smith

7. Finally, some bids:

A Ratings Challenge for Dwight Evans
1919 Max Flack for Andruw Jones

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

First, some EC housekeeping. Swap Cooper and O'Toole in the rotation, put Hemus batting 9th at 3B, put Schoendiest batting 6th at 2B, put Rice batting 8th at C, put Evans batting 7th at RF.

Some bids:

'97 Derek Jeter: the Barons bid '77 Buddy Bell and '51 Enos Slaughter

'85 Wade Boggs the Barons bid '12 Mike Donlin

'01 Andruw Jones the Barons bid a ratings challenge

'03 Vlad Guerrero the Barons bid '12 Chief Wilson

'06 Roy Halladay the Barons bid '12 Claude Hendrix, '78 Dennis Eckersley and a ratings challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN

Looks like I might have turned a corner and all of my panicking about the last update might have been premature. Onward to .500 and the breakdown!

The Good

My rotation not longer fills me with venomous rage! I might just be able to hold everything down it things keep up.

The Bad

I don't have a single left handed starter. This is my fault and I don't think I can fix it at least not during the EC. Also my bullpen because they still kinda suck. :shrug:

The Ugly

Canseco... I need you to do better buddy or I'm going to have to sit you for Mark.

The Fix

Let's put Giles back at 2B

:siren: Line-up :siren:

1. Ennis (LF)
2. LaRoche (1B)
3. Kingman (DH)
4. Chipper Jones (3B)
5. Giles (2B)
6. Ashburn (CF)
7. Furcal (SS)
8. Estrada (C)
9. Drew (RF)

(Vs. LHP w/DH)
1. Furcal (SS)
2. LaRoche (1B)
3. Chipper Jones (3B)
4. Willie Jones (DH)
5. Giles (2B)
6. Ashburn (CF)
7. Canseco (LF)
8. Tettleton (C)
9. Drew (RF)

EDIT:

Hell I guess I'll place a bid for '06 Roy "Doc" Halladayat the value of Adam LaRoche (2004)

LaRoche has got to be worth more than Phil Coke

Shadow gamer fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 7, 2012