Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

finna udders
Jan 28, 2005

mu
'kin new page...

Junkenstein posted:

You could try Ultraviolet if you want to see Stringer Bell killing vampires.

They're not vampires! That's silly!

They're Code 5s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

RIP Corporal Jones :(

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Giving it a week before the first random accusations about Clive Dunn's sexuality.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Giedroyc posted:

Giving it a week before the first random accusations about Clive Dunn's sexuality.

Or a BBC 4 Docu-drama about his tortured life.

RIP Clive Dunn.

Fresh Meat this week. Not sure about Vod's random crush, but she did look hilariously bad in those outfits. Also gently caress showing dentistry gently caress-ups, that made me cringe (I have had a lot of dental work in the past)
I'm getting to like Sabina's character more and more as well. She takes no poo poo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Junkenstein posted:

RIP Corporal Jones :(

Don't panic everyone :(.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Acrolos posted:

Any suggestions on some news things to check out that fall in line with the dark humor of those shows? I'd also love to find some good horror/thriller series' if they exist.

One Foot in the Grave is fairly darkly humourous. Including one rather infamous one which involved abuse at an OAP home. The earlier series were more light hearted, the later ones got more dark, and dealt with death and depression - the last episode is really loving dark.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 7, 2012

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The first series of Ideal is (literally darker as they used a filter) than the rest of the show too with the Black Comedy.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Rondette posted:

Or a BBC 4 Docu-drama about his tortured life.

RIP Clive Dunn.

Fresh Meat this week. Not sure about Vod's random crush, but she did look hilariously bad in those outfits. Also gently caress showing dentistry gently caress-ups, that made me cringe (I have had a lot of dental work in the past)
I'm getting to like Sabina's character more and more as well. She takes no poo poo.

I haven't seen it yet because the Geordie Shore is back, and my girlfriend gets free reign of the TV on Tuesdays now, but last week, Sabine grew on me more than the last couple of weeks' episodes.
And I hate dentistry gently caress ups, they showed one in the first or second week when Josie was working on the dummy head and I got a phantom pain.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Thanks for all of the suggestions. This should keep me busy for a while!

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
I made this avatar a few months ago but I'm not sure if I ever posted it here.

edit: yes, I did. poo poo.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Rubber Slug posted:

I made this avatar a few months ago but I'm not sure if I ever posted it here.

edit: yes, I did. poo poo.

That's fantastic though. If I hadn't gotten Jamie as my avatar last month, this would well be it

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
New series of The Hour starts on the 14th !

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Has anyone been watching 'Unsafe Sex In The City' (BBC3, Wednesday 9pm)? Set in the sexual health clinic I work in. Quite enjoyable though it's a shame they're relying on caricature pantomime characters to keep people interested.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I've been watching it purely through morbid curiosity.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Giedroyc posted:

They don't like it up 'em.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Giedroyc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KJGJRd8pGE&t=55s

Busted.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sabine is a great addition to Fresh Meat, she's added something that I never even realised was missing.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Good news from Charlie Brooker fans, Charlie Brooker to host new 'Weekly Wipe' series on BBC Two.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh? interesting.

He has changed quite a bit for the better since he got married and had a kid and I'm looking forward to this :).

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Phillip Schofield repeating over and over to Cameron that nadine dorries thought he was an out-of-touch poshboy eton toff was quite amusing, then out of nowhere he hands Cameron a list of suspected tory pedophiles and the PM makes some odd comment about not wanting to appear to entice homophobic behaviour.

Well well well This morning has changed.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I was wondering if there would be a '2012 wipe' this year, looking forward to that. It'll be interesting to see how -wipe will work as a studio based program.

Screenwipe was great once Brooker cut down on the masturbation jokes and Newswipe was absolutely stellar.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Leon with a Zero posted:

Phillip Schofield repeating over and over to Cameron that nadine dorries thought he was an out-of-touch poshboy eton toff was quite amusing, then out of nowhere he hands Cameron a list of suspected tory pedophiles and the PM makes some odd comment about not wanting to appear to entice homophobic behaviour.

Well well well This morning has changed.

Anyone got a link on this one?

edit - Google does! I'm too lazy to live.

Sion fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 8, 2012

Whitefish
May 31, 2005

After the old god has been assassinated, I am ready to rule the waves.
Does anyone know when the new series of Peep Show starts? I heard it was supposed to be in November, but I haven't seen any adverts for it or anything.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
It's a shame that tosser Doug Stanhope will be contributing, but otherwise, hurray more -wipe!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Noreaus posted:

It's a shame that tosser Doug Stanhope will be contributing, but otherwise, hurray more -wipe!

I hate everything about Stanhope's politics and what he stands for, but somehow still think he's hilarious. I feel very guilty about this.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Nominating Mickey the BNP's own Frank Spencer as breakout character of the year as seen in BBC4's 'The Year The Town Hall Shrank' based about cuts and politics in Stoke. His interest in the BNP is fuelled by the PURE facts he's read in the Sun and the Mail.

"We agreed to meet him in a quiet car park on a Sunday morning" *shows meeting in the giant Tesco car park at Longton*

Also Mickey's mum looks like Peter Baynham in Fist of Fun.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Most importantly, Barry Shitpeas will be back too

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Metrication posted:

New series of The Hour starts on the 14th !

If no-one else will celebrate with you I will! I loved the first go round and had missed entirely they were even thinking of making more never mind it being on in less than a week.

Six episodes again apparently but I'd avoid the wiki, I just stumbled across rather lengthy episode descriptions for season two on the main page, thankfully without absorbing too much from them.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I hate everything about Stanhope's politics and what he stands for, but somehow still think he's hilarious. I feel very guilty about this.

He's a funny guy and supports pro-choice charities, but yes, the Libertarian thing is unfortunate. His episode of Louis CK was weirdly touching and almost made me cry.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Can someone recommend me a good panel/quiz show? I have exhausted my supply of QI, WILTY, HIGNFY, MtW, NMtB and 8/10Cats. I tried Only Connect, but the lack of audience is rather unsettling.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

toanoradian posted:

Can someone recommend me a good panel/quiz show? I have exhausted my supply of QI, WILTY, HIGNFY, MtW, NMtB and 8/10Cats. I tried Only Connect, but the lack of audience is rather unsettling.

Shooting Stars, Celebrity Juice, A League Of Their Own - which is just the new They Think It's All Over which was just a funnier Question of Sport. Still no idea how Distraction got made but it's still hilarious. Alexander Armstrong's Big Ask for Dave was up on youtube a while back and is decent, reminded me a bit of Room 101 before it got poo poo.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Fazana posted:

If no-one else will celebrate with you I will! I loved the first go round and had missed entirely they were even thinking of making more never mind it being on in less than a week.

Six episodes again apparently but I'd avoid the wiki, I just stumbled across rather lengthy episode descriptions for season two on the main page, thankfully without absorbing too much from them.

After the way season 1 ended, I'm struggling to see how they could do a season 2! With the show being allowed back on air etc.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

toanoradian posted:

How do you feel about radio? So Wrong It's Right and The Unbelievable Truth, hosted by Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell respectively, are both really really good. Both are available on youtube too I think.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

At 16.20 in Harry and Paul I spat my tea over myself when Paul Whitehouse clearly mouthed 'you loving oval office' in the background. Its in the dubiously raciest parking patawawo sketch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nw6mh/Harry_and_Paul_Series_3_Episode_2/

Its hit and miss that show but its a guilty pleasure for me.

I love me some lowbrow humour.

Always fond of the sexist builders :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZJ9qd4b_g

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 9, 2012

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Harry And Paul is great, the first series is a bit hit and miss but it's the best thing either of them has done in decades.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

toanoradian posted:

Have you watched You Have Been Watching or The Bubble? The former is Charlie Brooker quizzing 3 panel show regulars about telly and the other is 3 celebrities get put in a house for a week with no phones or anything then David Mitchell asks them to try and answer questions about what happened while they were inside. That one isn't amazing but You Have Been Watching is pretty awesome.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Shooting Stars, Celebrity Juice, A League Of Their Own - which is just the new They Think It's All Over which was just a funnier Question of Sport. Still no idea how Distraction got made but it's still hilarious. Alexander Armstrong's Big Ask for Dave was up on youtube a while back and is decent, reminded me a bit of Room 101 before it got poo poo.

Thanks for this! I didn't like Celebrity Juice, but Big Ask and A League of Their Own was promising. Distracting was weird.

Captain Mediocre posted:

So Wrong It's Right and The Unbelievable Truth

Yep, have listened to most of The Unbelievable Truth (skipped the first two seasons) and most of So Wrong It's Right. I wanted to ask for radio quiz shows too but I figure there would be no way for me to access it anyway. There's a television version of The Unbelievable Truth in Australia which wasn't as good because David Mitchell wasn't in it :smith:

thebardyspoon posted:

Have you watched You Have Been Watching or The Bubble?

Seen all of The Bubble but just can't seem to gather interest to watch more of You Have Been Watching. I don't know why. There's also an Australian version.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

toanoradian posted:

Seen all of The Bubble but just can't seem to gather interest to watch more of You Have Been Watching. I don't know why. There's also an Australian version.

I watched the Australian version of it, it was pretty good. I quite like Peter Berner.

A couple of other radio shows: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue and It's Your Round

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So I recently watched an old David Thewlis documentary about Blackpool because I read it was a strong influence on the League of Gentleman/Psychoville, and wow they were right.

There's literally a segment where an owner of a hotel blacks up with gravy browning, wears a wig and performs "Simply the Best" to a bunch of hotel patrons.

That was probably the funniest bit of anything they ever did and it's amazing to find out that it was actually based on real-life. You literally couldn't make it up :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Ddraig posted:

So I recently watched an old David Thewlis documentary about Blackpool because I read it was a strong influence on the League of Gentleman/Psychoville, and wow they were right.

There's literally a segment where an owner of a hotel blacks up with gravy browning, wears a wig and performs "Simply the Best" to a bunch of hotel patrons.

That was probably the funniest bit of anything they ever did and it's amazing to find out that it was actually based on real-life. You literally couldn't make it up :stare:

Reese and Steve mentioned it when they went on Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast (you should download it, it's pretty good)