Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Annie's expression basically mirrors the one I've had for this whole chapter. Jones is old as balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Between this page, Obama winning the election, and Puerto Rico maybe becoming the 51st state, this has been an amazing night :allears:

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Yes, Annie. YES.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Seriously though, this was such a slow buildup to a joke that I completely didn't see it coming. Utterly great punchline with the Wikipedia linking in the comments these last few weeks.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I think I have a new page to show to people when they ask me what Gunnerkrigg Court is.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Amazing joke in the comment Tom, bravo.

Looking forward to friday for dialogue between Jones and Annie.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Amazing joke in the comment Tom, bravo.

Looking forward to friday for dialogue between Jones and Annie.

I expect next comic will be "Annie stares in silence, drinks tea, continues to stare". After several weeks of buildup I think this scene deserves several pages of awkward silence.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I admit to being disappointed, simply because we are left to only imagine the accretion disc, when I firmly believe the art for it would have been amazing

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Page made me smile, comment made me laugh like an idiot.

Bravo, Tom :golfclap:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
You'd better clear your calendar if you want to ask Jones a simple question.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
This may be the single greatest punchline in the history of jokes.

TwoWugs
Oct 22, 2012

GodFish posted:

This may be the single greatest punchline in the history of jokes.

This may be the single greatest punchline... in history. :cool:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Tom Siddel, you beautiful, beautiful bastard :allears:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
"And that's when somebody told me this story and I made the exact same face you are now. I think my facial muscles snapped or something, because my face has been like this ever since. G'night kid. Sweet dreams."

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Another great page. Also, I glanced over the wiki since it was linked, and laughed when I saw "Sir James 'Jimmy Jims' Eglamore" in the characters section.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20
I love how when you read this chapter backwards it tells a completely different story. :allears:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
That wikipedia page is unreasonably well cited.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Portals posted:

Annie's expression basically mirrors the one I've had for this whole chapter. Jones is old as balls.
Jones is way older than balls.

tsundair
Nov 4, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

That wikipedia page is unreasonably well cited.

It's almost as if Tom wrote it himself.

(I have no idea if he actually did.)

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

"Just joking, I'm actually a robot." says Jones.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

tsundair posted:

It's almost as if Tom wrote it himself.

(I have no idea if he actually did.)

Click here to learn about who wrote this page.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well, I just giggled for a couple of minutes straight.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Everything is just so...boring.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I've had no idea what to say these last few pages (except that the art is beautiful, as ever) and this last one was just amazing. Annie's face is just perfect.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Well played, Mr. Siddell.

Hopefully on Friday we'll get to see more of an actual answer.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
This page is amazing, as the whole chapter has been, but I have to nitpick a bit here. What's with the line around Annie's neck? Does her necklace loop twice?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
All this time, this is the song that kept playing in the room:

http://youtu.be/y_z4LTWvpOY

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

PubicMice posted:

What's with the line around Annie's neck? Does her necklace loop twice?

Sure. It's not an uncommon way to wear a pendant.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, it was like that all last chapter in the forest too.

Bluish
Sep 13, 2011

:h::h: Love em! ;) :h::h:

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Everything is just so...boring.

Oh I love this. Still have yet to grab an avatar - would anyone mind if I claim this one?

This page managed to make me laugh first thing this morning.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Annie's reaction is just perfect. I really am enjoying this chapter.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"Wow, Ms. Jones, this is really good tea, now when are you going to tell me what you are?"

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Well played, Mr. Siddell.

Hopefully on Friday we'll get to see more of an actual answer.

I hope you have not actually been anticipating getting an answer!

'What is Jones?' is not a useful question. 'Who is Jones?' is and the whole chapter was answering that.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
Tom you made my morning. Good job!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Does this mean Jones has been telling everything we've seen to Annie

"Well, I hung out with James a lot when he was younger. Way younger. Also I introduced him to Donald. And I also brought him to the school when he started...a rich dude I was a nanny for gave me his inheritance for when he was gone...got kicked out for 'witchcraft'...helped kill some buffalo...just kinda relaxed in lava for a while..."

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Heliotrope posted:

"Well, I hung out with James a lot when he was younger. Way younger. Also I introduced him to Donald. And I also brought him to the school when he started...a rich dude I was a nanny for gave me his inheritance for when he was gone...got kicked out for 'witchcraft'...helped kill some buffalo...just kinda relaxed in lava for a while..."

My assumption was that she gave her a far more succinct version while we were treated to this fantastical journey through time. 'Show don't tell' was perfect in this case.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
Jones also seems less like the telling type.

Also, here's another that punchline comment, because that was everything wonderful.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Heliotrope posted:

It could kinda have went like this:

:stare: What are you.
:geno: An advisor. The court asks for my input on certain questions, such as who should be the next medium.
:stare: No, I mean, besides your job!
:geno: I'm a friend of James.
:stare: Not what... Wait, what's up with that, by the way?
:geno: How, we have been hanging out for a while. Used to watch the rogat orjak when he was younger.
:stare: But why is he hanging out with you?
:geno: Well he hasn't had much choice since your mother ditched him.
:stare: How long have you known him exactly?
:geno: Since he was a little kid. I introduced him to Donald; and earlier I recruited him for the Court.
:stare: You've said you weren't there when the Court was founded, so what did you do before working at the Court?
:geno: I worked previously in a filling factory. This is where I got my current name.
:stare: And long before that?
:geno: I was a wealthy heiress, but my longevity made people believe I was an impersonator, so I had to leave all that behind me.
:stare: A heiress? Who were your parents?
:geno: Not parent, no. An old man who loved me and pretended I was his daughter.
:stare: Why?
:geno: I was his nurse when he was a child.
:stare: And even long before that?
:geno: I wandered the Earth. I was on one of the pilgrim boats to Jamestown, for example.
<stopping there because I met the smiley limits>

It's indeed much better with only pretty pictures and no text.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Cat Mattress posted:

It could kinda have went like this:

:stare: What are you.
:geno: An advisor. The court asks for my input on certain questions, such as who should be the next medium.
:stare: No, I mean, besides your job!
:geno: I'm a friend of James.
:stare: Not what... Wait, what's up with that, by the way?
:geno: How, we have been hanging out for a while. Used to watch the rogat orjak when he was younger.
:stare: But why is he hanging out with you?
:geno: Well he hasn't had much choice since your mother ditched him.
:stare: How long have you known him exactly?
:geno: Since he was a little kid. I introduced him to Donald; and earlier I recruited him for the Court.
:stare: You've said you weren't there when the Court was founded, so what did you do before working at the Court?
:geno: I worked previously in a filling factory. This is where I got my current name.
:stare: And long before that?
:geno: I was a wealthy heiress, but my longevity made people believe I was an impersonator, so I had to leave all that behind me.
:stare: A heiress? Who were your parents?
:geno: Not parent, no. An old man who loved me and pretended I was his daughter.
:stare: Why?
:geno: I was his nurse when he was a child.
:stare: And even long before that?
:geno: I wandered the Earth. I was on one of the pilgrim boats to Jamestown, for example.
<stopping there because I met the smiley limits>

It's indeed much better with only pretty pictures and no text.

You've now made me morbidly curious. Now I want to see how horrific "The Stone, as written by Tim Buckley" would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

You've now made me morbidly curious. Now I want to see how horrific "The Stone, as written by Tim Buckley" would be.

"I have been around since before Pac-Man." "So old. Heh." "Annie, I built Robot a new body out of X-Boxes!"