Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Please, no second hurricane for NYC tomorrow. I must have Scott DePace crying and screaming on the air like the tantruming 4 year old he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I guess DePace's kids aren't getting many presents at Christmas!

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Ether Frenzy posted:

Please, no second hurricane for NYC tomorrow. I must have Scott DePace crying and screaming on the air like the tantruming 4 year old he is.

Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing. It's going to be hilarious. I really wish they'd give him his own whack-job 101 show.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

KOAB's twitter feed from last night is pretty awesome.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Does the urine powered generator call sound a bit faked? The responses from the host just sound a bit off from what Richard and Sal say.

Also, this: http://makerfaireafrica.com/2012/11/06/a-urine-powered-generator/

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
a lot of their calls are faked. the asian lady they use in the Black Cock/Clock call has been in other calls.

OBAMA IS A LONG LEGGED MACK DADDY

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
DePace man-babying incredibly hard on the Wrap-Up Show today, it was wonderful. His tears give me strength.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

kylej posted:

a lot of their calls are faked. the asian lady they use in the Black Cock/Clock call has been in other calls.

OBAMA IS A LONG LEGGED MACK DADDY

I think some of the old ones are real. Richard would just get a phone book for Arkansas and call random numbers.

Getting consent though is hard so they may have decided to just fake them. I can remember when Artie blew up at Sal he made mention to how they are all fake.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Bonzo posted:

I think some of the old ones are real. Richard would just get a phone book for Arkansas and call random numbers.

Getting consent though is hard so they may have decided to just fake them. I can remember when Artie blew up at Sal he made mention to how they are all fake.

I do remember hearing once they don't have to get consent for calling a radio show because the hosts already know it's a public broadcast. This is why most of the prank calls recently have been to Tradio shows, I imagine.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
When Howard was doing his parents and he finished by shouting "Please Mom I'm trying to loving EAT!" I burst out loud laughing such an amazing delivery the hurricane shows are really good, no guest just busting balls and that's what the Stern show does best.

Wasco Jr. fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 7, 2012

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Wasco Jr. posted:

When Howard was doing his parents and he finished by shouting "Please Mum I'm trying to loving EAT!" I burst out loud laughing such an amazing delivery the hurricane shows are really good, no guest just busting balls and that's what the Stern show does best.

I loved that too. It's too bad he didn't keep that level of anger for very long as it was a pretty drastic turn I've never seen from Howard.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

musclecoder posted:

I do remember hearing once they don't have to get consent for calling a radio show because the hosts already know it's a public broadcast. This is why most of the prank calls recently have been to Tradio shows, I imagine.

Yeah, when the person calls into your show, like the Jack and Rod show, that means they can use it. Also there are certain states where you can record this stuff without permissions, that old show Crank Yankers used to make/place the calls there to get around consent. But that was a while back, who knows.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
I like to imagine that's what it's like in his shrink's office recalling of the days events with intermittent violent outbursts.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Where was Beth?

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

Wasco Jr. posted:

When Howard was doing his parents and he finished by shouting "Please Mom I'm trying to loving EAT!" I burst out loud laughing such an amazing delivery the hurricane shows are really good, no guest just busting balls and that's what the Stern show does best.

*it's too much food, tooo much*

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
Please for the love of god no more Jack and Rod calls. They are painfully unfunny.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

God Benji does somehow manage to redeem himself every now and then.

"What's your first name?"
"Audrey."
"Audrey? Here's a black person." *shoves an old lady at her*

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
Can someone repost the Benji photo with his Herman Munster boots please. I know some of youall have a folder for Howard Stern Show photos with all of those terrible Dr Ivan comic things and cleavage shots from Robin.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Do you guys remember that REALLY WEIRD show where they allowed Benji to take over the spot and do his own ideas and what not? I think it was around the time Howard was leaving terrestrial and I think the deal was he could take a shot at taking over the show, but they could cut it off at any moment. I remember some weird phone call to Daniel Carver where it was a little girl crying to him... it was incredibly bizarre.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

How Much Art posted:

Do you guys remember that REALLY WEIRD show where they allowed Benji to take over the spot and do his own ideas and what not? I think it was around the time Howard was leaving terrestrial and I think the deal was he could take a shot at taking over the show, but they could cut it off at any moment. I remember some weird phone call to Daniel Carver where it was a little girl crying to him... it was incredibly bizarre.

Was that the same April 1 show when they had a morning zoo on instead of Howard? That was actually pretty good. Callers didn't know what the gently caress. That was 2004 I believe.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

How Much Art posted:

It was, I believe, on a December day when the show was officially on vacation, and instead of playing Best Of, they let Benjy have a couple of hours.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Smeep posted:

God Benji does somehow manage to redeem himself every now and then.

"What's your first name?"
"Audrey."
"Audrey? Here's a black person." *shoves an old lady at her*

I must see what Howard sees in him, because I love Benji. He gets a little weird at times with his act, but he's done some great stuff.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Anthony Weiner press conference was peak Benji.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

an adult beverage posted:

Anthony Weiner press conference was peak Benji.

Agreed. The show (and the audience for that matter) will be very lucky if he ever manages to top that.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

How Much Art posted:

Are you talking about the one where he says (as a little girl) that he had to eat his own brother?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSN_0Y0gdE

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I honestly don't understand what bizarro universe Scott DePace lives in. His Wrap-Up Show meltdown on Wednesday was awesome.

Also: Benji always sucks.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Is KC the only personality from the show that has been outright fired?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I think, yea. AJ Benza was close. He wasn't a certified personality but he was fired after the fight with John.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 8, 2012

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

I think, yea. AJ Benza was close. He wasn't a certified personality but he was fired after the fight with John.

AJ was the original Artie/Jackie Chair guy before Artie came in, and he was totally fired.
I thought KC was less fired and more forced into mental care.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like how KC was pissed off at Tom C. even after all the breaks he got.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Did Nick have an awesome meltdown on the show after comrade Hussein Obama swept up another election?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
AJ Benza must edit his wiki because there's absolutely no mention of being on Stern much less being fired from it.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

AJ Benza must edit his wiki because there's absolutely no mention of being on Stern much less being fired from it.

There's plenty of video though!
I actually felt bad for AJ in that instance. John was a total dbag and he was really working on AJ all the time.
Not that it excuses him punching a coworker, I just felt bad it happened to him because John was a scumbag.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I've seen the video of the punch and I felt the most bad for Gary. Dude got caught in the crossfire and seemed to take most of the punch from behind.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

qbert posted:

I've seen the video of the punch and I felt the most bad for Gary. Dude got caught in the crossfire and seemed to take most of the punch from behind.

He totally did!
And to his credit, he never complained about it. It was a solid punch too.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Wasn't it more like a slap?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Manifest posted:

AJ was the original Artie/Jackie Chair guy before Artie came in, and he was totally fired.

Aj was never really hired tho. I thought he was just there for a week as part of the Win Johns Job contest.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

haljordan posted:

I like how KC was pissed off at Tom C. even after all the breaks he got.

Who would get rid of an employee who sits in his apartment rewriting the Bible in his own blood?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Aj was never really hired tho. I thought he was just there for a week as part of the Win Johns Job contest.

Nope, AJ was hanging around well before "Win John's Job". And as much as I hate Stuttering John's guts, getting rid of AJ was one of the best things he ever did. It was like having Chuck Zito sitting in on the show every day, and it was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
At least Chuck Zito's stories sound believable 20% of the time. AJ, never.