Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

My American History professor is hilarious and he's using MS Paint to explain the Revolutionary War while doing a John Madden impression.

I am so glad somebody else does that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
This wasn't today, but it was my whole weekend - and it was great!

2012-10-27 11.53.16 by vexborg, on Flickr

Getting kids to build something and be creative :)

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
It was a terrible day at work.

So I came home and poured myself a couple fingers of bourbon and smoked a cigar. Now I have a nice, manly buzz going.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
Because I feel as if I am surrounded by people who like me, and who want to have me around. Because I feel respected by my peers. Because I've found it so much easier to make friends than I thought after years of being caught in what was once a steadily worsening funk.

Because I've figured out how to help relax my anxiety and stress issues, and I am now confident that I can improve them, even if it's slow.

Because I just had a wonderful night of playing Donkey Kong Country and getting drunk while watching Hellraiser IV with two new friends, and for the first time since I came here here I really felt like I was entirely myself.

Because all of this makes me feel like a sense of self worth and confidence is becoming more stable, however slowly.

Yes sir, things are really looking up :unsmith:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A girl is talking to me and seems genuinely interested in me. :unsmith: If it works out, I might not be single anymore. If not, I've got a new friend. Win-win!

Knifey McSpoon
Mar 3, 2009
Completed my final assessment for my degree today. MOTHERFUCKING CIVIL ENGINEER UP IN THIS BITCH!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A girl is talking to me and seems genuinely interested in me. :unsmith: If it works out, I might not be single anymore. If not, I've got a new friend. Win-win!

Hit that poo poo son!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Knifey McSpoon posted:

Completed my final assessment for my degree today. MOTHERFUCKING CIVIL ENGINEER UP IN THIS BITCH!

Congrats! I did my first assessment for my degree yesterday and scored 80%! Gave me one hell of a confidence boost.

Knifey McSpoon
Mar 3, 2009

Faerie Fortune posted:

Congrats! I did my first assessment for my degree yesterday and scored 80%! Gave me one hell of a confidence boost.

Well done! The only advice I'll give you is this: get into it. It'll be over all too soon and you want to walk out of there thinking you could'nt have possibly gotten any more out of it.

Gilbert
May 4, 2009
Because my shift at work went by really quickly and I came home and made a very tasty fish finger sandwich :-)

Phineus
Jul 21, 2008

Good to the last drop.
Today I had a college transfer application interview at 8am about an hour away from my house, and the lady who was giving me the interview called at 6am to say she won't be there today and saved me an hour drive for nothing.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I found the greatest wine ever. Just the fact that this exists made my day better.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
My dad finally made us steak diane for dinner instead of just for himself and my bearded dragon finally finished shedding.

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

I ordered a few articles through an inter-library loan, and I got them in today. It's far sooner than I expected, and it means I won't be as rushed to write my history essay for next week.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Knifey McSpoon posted:

Well done! The only advice I'll give you is this: get into it. It'll be over all too soon and you want to walk out of there thinking you could'nt have possibly gotten any more out of it.

Don't worry, I plan to get as much out of this as possible. Me even doing uni in the first place is a huge deal since I've had to struggle with PTSD, agoraphobia and ADHD and dyslexia which I was never assessed or given any help for up until now.

I guess my day is awesome today because I've realised that I've come pretty far in life and pushed through a lot of bullshit to get to where I am, and even though I still have a lot of things to struggle with, its gonna be okay because I've gone through worse and came out on top in the end. My day is awesome today because I know I am awesome because I am a goddamn beast who can do anything.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
My day was awesome because I went on a date with my new crush. Nearly spoiling it due to a silly misunderstanding. And then saving it ending up in a make-out session in the moon light.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
My day is going to be awesome because I've decided not to look at Facebook all day and inevitably un-friend several people as the political vitriol boils over during the day. Also I'll be bicycling home today which always feels great!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
It's election day and I have a nerdy love for voting and elections. Get your America on!

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

I got the internet back, and it's takeaway for tea tonight!:slick:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My boss is fine with me taking Boxing Day, a week in February, and the entire month of May off from work. I think it's pretty rare to get whatever holiday time you want. She's so awesome!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Learning more new stuff each day and today slowed down a little bit at work, so I can finally go through our storage area and get hardware retired from inventory and hauled out of here tomorrow. Also got a call from a lady today in another department who had a minor issue (IE password auto-complete, ugh), she was referred to me by her co-worker Dottie and I got it fixed for her pretty quick. When I was done she said "I'll let Dottie know she was right, you're terrific!" :3: It's the little things that take an edge off an already long week.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
A really awesome couple my boyfriend and I met while he was away for job training last year want to have us over to their home (on the other side of the country) for a week or so during the holidays :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Turns out we've been slightly overpaying for our cable all this time. We exchanged paying for Showtime (which we didn't know we got and didn't watch anyway) for Cable Internet :dance: 9 megs per second, baby! Suck a great big fat one, AT&T, you're never getting our money again! Our total cable bill is four bucks cheaper now, even :toot:

BobOfDoom
May 24, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Today I finally finished carving out my own oar for the Dragon Boat Races coming up. :dance:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Had an awful lovely week at work, got handed a $25 visa gift card when I got in today for my efforts :unsmith:

Also it's Friday and I left work early 'cause I already had all my hours in to come home and snuggle with my doggies :3:

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I bought my first bra while actually knowing what my real size is! No more having my chest cosplay as the red ring of death!

Bought black out curtains!

I was also not depressed enough to go to class!

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
I raked the leaves in my own yard. :3: My first house that I own, ever, and I can do whatever I want with it (well, if the husband can be talked into it too, that is!) so we set up pallets for a huge rear end compost bin right where I want my herb spiral to go, and we dumped a ton of leaves and kitchen waste right in there to rot. Come this spring we'll add more dirt and build it up, and I'll plant my kitchen herbs in there, right where I can see them from my screen porch.

Hookah on my screen porch after raking the yard was pretty awesome. Plus I initiated the husband into the ecstatic bliss of showerbeer, and that's become part of our weekend routine now.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I got 93/100 on an essay I wrote on the same day as it was due. :woop:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

A good three days actually. Work has been wall-to-wall insane and super rewarding and makes me feel integral to something bigger. Even getting more comfortable with my coworkers.

Just nice going home and being able to point to your accomplishments. Being low on the totem pole, though, I'm trying to be mindful of how to carry myself!

The wife and I have had the opportunity to go out twice this week and said "yes" both times despite a lot of debating. Had a lot of fun, aren't dead yet, and are very much looking forward to the same when the holidays roll around.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
I bought a brand-new TV and HDMI cable, thanks to a £360 tax rebate :D

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I was finally able to refill my ADHD meds after my doctor messed up on my prescription. Yaaaaaaaaaay concentrating.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
While I am not quite over whatever random virus I contracted, I feel amazing and can eat again without it hurting so that's great.

I have a 2 hour pie making class tonight that I signed up for months ago, it's going to be super fun because PIE!

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
Had a bunch of friends repaying me what they owe me - got about £70. I think that's worth a few quid for a good drink on the weekend.

Plus, got to chat to an old friend I haven't seen in a while. :unsmith:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I got paid and could slip some rent money to my long-suffering dad.

He's been broke all week. I've kept the fridge stocked and his smokes squared away, but he's been barely eating, barely talking. Coming home from work a shadow of himself. Seeing him go from visibly slow and bogged down to his swishy, urgent and joky demeanor was a huge relief. I worry about the guy sometimes.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I went to see one of my favorite bands, The Urge, play at my favorite venue, The Pageant. My ears are still ringing, my legs feel like Jello after jumping around in the pit, and they were introduced by 2011 World Series MVP David Freese :hellyeah: . Every Urge show I have ever been to has been amazing.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Slept in while listening to the rain, wrote my long-lost cousin, watched my wife's football team beat their crosstown rivals for the first time in years, drank hot cider while re-reading The Catcher in the Rye.

The day's barely half over and it has been divine.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Today I found out that my old school European grandfather, who I never met, used to sleep with an authentic katana by his bed with which to protect his family.

The Golden Gael has a new favorite as of 16:02 on Nov 18, 2012

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I saw some real Van Gough paintings, and even a few by Picasso. Brilliant stuff. And since it's Sunday, that means I get to see my girlfriend this week! :3:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

There's a guy in my town who has a side business of hot air balloon trips. He takes three people up at a time, so if there's only one person going up, a crew member goes up with him for the extra weight. I crew with him in my free time, today was my turn to go up.

Sitting thirty six thousand feet in the air in a basket over the Appalachian Mountains is pretty amazing.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Got a really nice schedule with only one class on MWF from 3:00-3:50 next semester, and all my classes rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
It was wet, windy and cold yesterday which was fine because I spent the entire day indoors with my boyfriend. During that time I came to the realization that I really, really like this guy and want him to stick around. No idea what that means specifically, I don't plan that far ahead, but it's a pretty awesome point to get to in a relationship. And it's even better knowing that he's come to the same conclusion :)