Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I beat the Warrior for the last story mission on TVHM with my Gunzerker and it dropped a Conference Call. Now I don't have to farm for one or dupe one. :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flippery
Sep 20, 2005
Lurking beneath the surface

PicklesMcGillicuddy posted:

I noticed I could only start TVHM 2.0 by going to character select and choosing it from a dialog box. Maybe 2.5 works the same way.

Sadly no, for 2.5 it's an automatic upgrade to the TVHM playthrough. No new options in the dialogue box.

ClemenSalad posted:

What do I need to do to trigger TVHM 2.5? I'm level 50 and beat the game (even terramorphous) and my quests still are in the 30's etc.

I had the same issue on the Xbox, due to beating Terra in a friend's game while still having outstanding earlier story missions, and found a way to circumvent it using Gibbed's lovely editor. I posted the instructions I had found somewhere earlier in the thread, and they worked for me. Let me know if you can't find them or need further guidance.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Done and done. Waiting on you good sir.

EDIT: You're welcome. Did you ever try that orange grenade mod that dropped? Kind of curious to find out what was special about it. If you were using it right before we stopped, then I missed the effects of it.

It was a relatively high-damage corrosion grenade that spawned little homing corrosion grenades after a second or 2. It worked really well against the Hyperion Bot Army.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

brickswereshat posted:

It was a relatively high-damage corrosion grenade that spawned little homing corrosion grenades after a second or 2. It worked really well against the Hyperion Bot Army.

Sounds like something I could have used had I found it a week ago. Glad to see it came in handy then.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Was messing around the first area and found something curious in Claptrap's house.

If you look in the furnace, there's an echo recording you can pick up, but it doesn't play or give you badass credit or anything. It's something about unbreakable gear and a courier in the Eridium Blight.

Dropped content that got left in?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
it is apparently some kind of secret Lord of the Rings reference where you have to carry something from there to a volcano in the blight without fast traveling.

This is hearsay from a friend so it might be in the same league and pushing the truck to get Mew or fighting Akuma in Street Fighter 2.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
^I can confirm it works

A Strange Aeon posted:

Was messing around the first area and found something curious in Claptrap's house.

If you look in the furnace, there's an echo recording you can pick up, but it doesn't play or give you badass credit or anything. It's something about unbreakable gear and a courier in the Eridium Blight.

Yeah. Take it all the way to where Geary is in the Eridium Blight (no fast travel allowed [or dying]), and he'll take it from you, jump into the lava, and three rakk will drop weapon chests, one always containing purples, if I recall. Its a Lord of the Rings reference I guess?

Flippery
Sep 20, 2005
Lurking beneath the surface

A Strange Aeon posted:

That's the 'Golden Gear' mini-quest, a Lord of the Rings easter egg. The Gear is the one ring, and you have to go on a journey up a volcano to destroy it / have it snatched off you.

Taken from borderlands.wikia.com:

quote:

Golden Gear mini-quest

In either play mode, after starting True Vault Hunter Mode, the fireplace in Claptrap's Place holds a golden gear with the label "Geary's Unbreakable Gear". The item card reads "Only a brisk walk to the Eridium Blight will reward the courier." This is a clue to reach Geary at Mount Hellsfont.
The Golden Gear has hidden rules; once it is picked up, dying or fast travelling will cause the Golden Gear to be lost and fail the "quest." It is allowable to go into Fight For Your Life mode or use vehicles, however.

Once Geary is found, he will attack with (extremely powerful) melee strikes. If the Golden Gear has been picked up and not lost he will only attack once, before rapidly making his way back towards the lava pool with the waterfall and jumping in. After a few seconds, three Rakk will then fly in and each drop a Hyperion loot chest; two are normal, while the middle one always contains purple or E-Tech loot just like the chest in Sanctuary.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Flippery posted:

That's the 'Golden Gear' mini-quest, a Lord of the Rings easter egg. The Gear is the one ring, and you have to go on a journey up a volcano to destroy it / have it snatched off you.

Taken from borderlands.wikia.com:

Crazy! Definitely going to try that tonight--I love all the hidden stuff in this game!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I tried that today and it worked, I got a couple of decent purples.

I have a level 50 Flakker and Badaboom plus some low level legendaries (Impaler 30, Bitch 26, Core Logan 16)... still would love to dupe-trade these for some heads/level 50 Bee.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
And that makes one character through to 2.5 mode, with most of the quests still intact.

If anyone needs a hand through some of the tougher fights (Bloodwing in particular comes to mind) or attempt a little Flesh-Stick boosting, feel free to ask. 360 GT is same as my username here, if you send on a friend request please make sure to tell me you're a goon or I will probably ignore it.

In the meantime, time to give Terramorphous a shot before doing the DLC material on 2.5 mode.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
How do you get 2.5 set up? Just run though 2.0 without doing anything other than story quests?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I started sidequests on my TVHM playthrough :(

If I start a new character, and use the fleshstick boosting method to level them up to TVHM levels, will being in the game of my already created (and sidequest having) character lock the new character out of getting its TVHM quests scaled at the end?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Cerebral Wolf posted:

How do you get 2.5 set up? Just run though 2.0 without doing anything other than story quests?

You can do some side quests. Whatever ones you decline (or don't even talk to the quest giver for that quest) will jump to 50.

The "accepted" practice is to do sidequests that award Eridium, a face/skin, or green-tier weapons for the extra XP, since quite a few blues are unique rewards (Law, Order, Scorpio, Firehawk shield, etc).

Tofu: I honestly do not know. My gut says yes but I cannot confirm/deny that.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
Can you ever get legendaries in the treasure room, or am I wasting my time?

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Would anyone want to jump on ps3 version and help me finish out TVHM tonight in a few minutes? I'm just about level 41 and just got to Opportunity. PSN is Stimi.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

abaddonis posted:

Can you ever get legendaries in the treasure room, or am I wasting my time?

It's pretty much the best way to get them but keep in mind you'll get random ones so if you want a specific one you'll have to go grind bosses.

EDIT:I just got a madhous and nasty surprise right after I posted this.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 9, 2012

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Randy did an interview in the latest issue of Game Informer. A big thing to note is that he talked about the eventual nerf to the bee shield. He said they won't be changing its upside at all, but fixing its downside. Whatever that may be. Still no solid date on the nerf, just that its coming.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

ShadowedFlames posted:

The "accepted" practice is to do sidequests that award Eridium, a face/skin, or green-tier weapons for the extra XP, since quite a few blues are unique rewards (Law, Order, Scorpio, Firehawk shield, etc).

Is there a list of these anywhere?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Randy did an interview in the latest issue of Game Informer. A big thing to note is that he talked about the eventual nerf to the bee shield. He said they won't be changing its upside at all, but fixing its downside. Whatever that may be. Still no solid date on the nerf, just that its coming.

Well, the "downside" is that The Bee has a pathetic amount of shield HP when compared to other shields at level, so if they're thinking of dropping that even lower I've got no problem with it. I mean, once you take the first hit it's useless until you can recharge to full anyways. Unless they're thinking of making the recharge delay way longer or something, which might actually do something to mitigate the insane power of The Bee.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
My guess is "fixing the downside" means they'll give the Bee an amplify drain. It probably won't be large, but it'll keep people from being able to spam amp shots.

Making the recharge delay even longer doesn't really matter for some classes (Mechromancer with Blood Soaked Shield, I'm looking at you) so I don't think they'd go that route. My only other guess would be that they plan to drop the Bee's capacity so low that it's practically nothing, which would be kind of funny.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

The Rokstar posted:

My guess is "fixing the downside" means they'll give the Bee an amplify drain. It probably won't be large, but it'll keep people from being able to spam amp shots.

Making the recharge delay even longer doesn't really matter for some classes (Mechromancer with Blood Soaked Shield, I'm looking at you) so I don't think they'd go that route. My only other guess would be that they plan to drop the Bee's capacity so low that it's practically nothing, which would be kind of funny.

At the current 20kish it's already so low as to barely matter. My Siren has 39k HP and frequently loses the full shield plus about 15-20k HP to a single shot. I'd be pretty happy if the nerf they go with is to reduce the capacity to 1 or something.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

DarkstarIV posted:

Think I read somewhere that the downside of The Bee is that your shots weaken when the shield is depleted or charging. I have not tried to see if this is true however. If it is, making that worse (say, 1 damage a shot) may be what he's referring to. This is all just speculation on my part though.

Twiin posted:

Is there a list of these anywhere?

I just went by the quest list in the menu, where you see what the reward is on the bottom left in picture form.

----------

EDIT: Found where I'd read the possible Bee downside: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapon_Effects_Borderlands_2

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 9, 2012

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ShadowedFlames posted:

Think I read somewhere that the downside of The Bee is that your shots weaken when the shield is depleted or charging. I have not tried to see if this is true however. If it is, making that worse (say, 1 damage a shot) may be what he's referring to. This is all just speculation on my part though.
Okay, now that would be really interesting. I kind of hope they do that now.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Rokstar posted:

Okay, now that would be really interesting. I kind of hope they do that now.

Ha ha yeah- reduce your damage output by 3/4 or something while the shield isn't fully charged. About the only thing I use The Bee for is soloing bosses so if I'm not full on shields I'm hiding anyways.

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
Anyone up for helping me boost my dude? Xbox gt: Placebo20

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
What's with these games I'm joining that have tons of lengendaries laying around in the fast travel shack in Sanctuary? I picked some up and it was reminiscent of Diablo 2 trading haha

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Quick question, can brand new characters be boosted? Like, if I started a new character, then just joined their game, it would work? Or would every enemy in the zone just swarm to me because I was level 1? I'd just like to get a couple of characters up to level 5, because the first section without abilities drives me nuts.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

10 Beers posted:

Quick question, can brand new characters be boosted? Like, if I started a new character, then just joined their game, it would work? Or would every enemy in the zone just swarm to me because I was level 1? I'd just like to get a couple of characters up to level 5, because the first section without abilities drives me nuts.

Yes they can. I've had friends create brand new level 1 characters and join my game to get in on some Flesh Stick boosting. Once they start up their own game they'll wake up in a snowbank in front of Claptrap.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ugh, I'm 46 and beat TVHM in my game with a buddy. Now whenever I try to play solo, everything is scaled to 50 and rapes me. Is there anyway to play PT2.0 and not 2.5? It's annoying to HAVE to play in someone elses game until level 50.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think I shoulda done the DLC before I beat TVHM and got kitted out by farming Terra/The Warrior- I mean I just don't care about most of the stuff that drops, although there are a few unique guns I'm glad to have at lvl50. That and my properly specced and kitted Gunzerker seems to just be tearin' poo poo up to an unfair degree. The ground is littered with pirate-themed-reskinned enemies who dared challenge me.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ha ha yeah- reduce your damage output by 3/4 or something while the shield isn't fully charged. About the only thing I use The Bee for is soloing bosses so if I'm not full on shields I'm hiding anyways.

ya I'm finding the bee is not so awesome for running around. Not like it matters since endgame its pretty much a waste of time to stop to kill random thugs.

Speaking of bosses: Does anyone have a good strategy for getting vermivorous to spawn? I tried last night and stalled out at super badass every time. Usually I would get overwhelmed and die because I never killed anything but once I realized its a yes/no thing I started trimming down the herd when it seemed like their timer was up. It still seemed mighty tedious and dumb.

I'd honestly rather do this poo poo with other people. How hard is it to find pubbie groups doing these bosses at 50? They need a repeatable quest or something so you can flag what you want to do endgame.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
One video I saw of a Vermivorous fight showed that it took a group of four almost 25 minutes for it to spawn, and in the meantime had 3 Ultimate Badasses, 3 Super Badasses, and 2 regular Badasses on the field at the same time before one decided to spawn. I'm not sure you'd have luck with pubbies on that account. Basically it's a time thing unless you get lucky and get it to spawn quickly (~ 3 minutes at the least).

I might get into that tonight after a Terra run (looking for Terra's Siren mod) and if I'm not otherwise occupied in game.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Christ alive, why did no one tell me that Wreck is the best Siren skill? The damage. THE DAMAGE IS TOO MUCH. And it applies to Tediore reload hits as far as I can tell.... which creates some insane freaking one-shot potential.

(disclaimer: blue Scheming Cat class mod with +4 Wreck, +3 Accelerate kind of influencing this observation)

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

strangemusic posted:

Christ alive, why did no one tell me that Wreck is the best Siren skill? The damage. THE DAMAGE IS TOO MUCH. And it applies to Tediore reload hits as far as I can tell.... which creates some insane freaking one-shot potential.

(disclaimer: blue Scheming Cat class mod with +4 Wreck, +3 Accelerate kind of influencing this observation)
Because Kinetic Reflection is the best Siren skill :colbert:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

strangemusic posted:

I might have to try this. I'm going the healer route, and I am absolutely getting my poo poo wrecked in Opportunity.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

ShadowedFlames posted:

One video I saw of a Vermivorous fight showed that it took a group of four almost 25 minutes for it to spawn, and in the meantime had 3 Ultimate Badasses, 3 Super Badasses, and 2 regular Badasses on the field at the same time before one decided to spawn. I'm not sure you'd have luck with pubbies on that account. Basically it's a time thing unless you get lucky and get it to spawn quickly (~ 3 minutes at the least).

I might get into that tonight after a Terra run (looking for Terra's Siren mod) and if I'm not otherwise occupied in game.

I might have seen that same video. Did they first try in the Tundra and eventually move to Caustic Caverns because Mordecai killed the Ultimate Badass Varkid?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

abaddonis posted:

I might have seen that same video. Did they first try in the Tundra and eventually move to Caustic Caverns because Mordecai killed the Ultimate Badass Varkid?

Nope. They stayed in the Tundra throughout. The player we were watching (a Siren) died quite a few times in the video.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Uuughhh.

How are you supposed to kill the Leviathan?

I run out of useful ammo long before denting his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

strangemusic posted:

Uuughhh.

How are you supposed to kill the Leviathan?

I run out of useful ammo long before denting his rear end.
You can only hurt him by hitting his weak points, which are the blue puffy things.

• Locked thread