Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

hey ted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

busted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYSonDQaKoM

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Is trophy high 24/7 on nip because that'd explain a lot, honestly.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

she fat, look @ that gut

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

dur posted:

good morning teddy

floof

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

dur posted:

good morning teddy

so majestic :swoon:

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

This cat is about to gently caress you up

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the last thing you see before you die

Feb 8, 2008
Posted my cats in here a few times, but now I am in need of some assistance.
We have two cats, Chuck, the older one is a former shelter kitty/possible stray that we adopted back in the summer of 2010 when she was around 2 or 3 years old. A little bit over a year ago we adopted a kitten named Panda that had been fostered along with it's mother and sister by a friend of ours. Chuck was not happy at all with the new kitten and while they have a tentative truce sometimes, she is still not thrilled. She has been openly pooping and peeing on various spots in the carpet right in front of us. While we do have two litter boxes, if there is even a hint that Panda has used either of the litter boxes, she will get all agitated and do her business on the drat floor. I assume that since she is not trying to hide it from us at all from us, this is more of her being a weirdo then a health problem. She has always been perfectly happy with dry food. So after a lot of debate, we decided that our carpet and her happiness were not worth leaving her as indoor only. Plan on having Panda be indoors only, since that is all she has ever know. For the past week we have given her supervised trips outside, but today is her first day being let outside unsupervised.

She is fixed and has her shots, probably spent the first couple years of her life outside anyways and seems happy as hell to be out. While we live in a semi rural neighborhood with ample coyote sightings, there are a lot of outdoor neighbor cats that seem to have survived just fine. Also I can leave my garage door open if she needs to get back inside.
So, am I a horrible cat owner for letting her go outside and risk the unknown?

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Are you being serious, or what

did you know: animals used to exist outside?

Growing up, we always had two outdoor cats. One of them lived to be 23 because he was crafty and some kind of cat wizard. The other one vanished mysteriously after 10 years or so and was replaced with another cat.

Accidents and illness can happen to indoor or outdoor cats. If the cat is happy outside and not constantly standing at your door being angry, then the cat is fine.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Pro tip: get a bell or do a whistle or something and use it every time you feed the cat, so that it learns that the noise = food or whatever. Sometimes cats won't come when called anyway but it usually makes it easier to see if they're hanging around.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my parents cats come at the sound of their food bowls being clicked together or the sound of snapping the pulltab on the can.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

some pi typer will prolly yell at you for letting a precious beast outside but cats are cats. if shes got her claws and is scared of cars (and you dont live in the middle of a city) and shes happy outside? nbd, i dunno

Feb 8, 2008
Excellent idea... and yes, I am fully aware that I am being over protective of my drat cat... every cat I had growing up that was outdoors would disappear eventually, so I'm a bit paranoid about letting them outside.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the cat will be fine otuside as long as you dont have rear end in a top hat neighbors or tons of traffic. it will devistate the local rodent population tho.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

You could always find a new home for the newer cat.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Does she have a tag or a microchip? You might want to chip her just in case some well-meaning neighbor finds her and takes her to a shelter or something.

Feb 8, 2008
Microchip is a good idea, she is getting old enough to where she needs a checkup anyways, might just do both at the same time.

Also looking forward to getting "presents" from her on the door step.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

7734 posted:

Microchip is a good idea, she is getting old enough to where she needs a checkup anyways, might just do both at the same time.

Also looking forward to getting "presents" from her on the door step.

kitty presents :unsmigghh:

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

kitty presents are great, the siamese cat I posted pictures of before was great at those. despite the fact that I lived in an apartment at the time and only had a balcony as access to the outside she'd still manage to make sure I had a freshly killed pigeon to come home to.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Around here I'm just leery of stray dogs, coyotes, or mountain lions killing cats. and fleas and poo poo

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
I still lol irl when I hear about people on these forums that have to consider stray dogs into their existence.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Someone used to feed Reuben out of a can; I opened a pull-top soup can and he shot out of the bedroom into the kitchen and started doing a serpentine run around and between my legs

Also he's started to lick the side of the box spring. Not clawing, not biting, not trying to get at a loose thread, just licking the fabric on the side of the box spring for a few minutes at a time

I sprayed it with bitterant but it has no effect. Cat gotta lick that bedflank

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ChetReckless posted:

like, get a running start, you mean?

lol

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

cats can somehow determine the difference between a tuna can and any other can on sound alone

toby
Dec 4, 2002

ijustam posted:

cats can somehow determine the difference between a tuna can and any other can on sound alone

the cats i have lived with never gave any shits. any sound of any kind coming from the kitchen and they would appear underfoot like magic. greedy little jerks, they were.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

toby posted:

i miss them so badly

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

pupils dilating = kitty locked on

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

looks like we got us some gay cats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3RQOCmbMzA

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

noice

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

So this post turned up on my Tumblr dashboard today...

...I don't know the person, but anyone want a cat?

Lum fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 10, 2012

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
One of my cats had chronic bladder stones. We cut his penis off.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

FRIDAY NIGHT MUTHAFUCKAS

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

relative_q posted:

FRIDAY NIGHT MUTHAFUCKAS

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

relative_q posted:

FRIDAY NIGHT MUTHAFUCKAS

poo poo YEAH

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

relative_q posted:

FRIDAY NIGHT MUTHAFUCKAS

the elusive airplane magda

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

scamtank posted:

the elusive airplane magda

airplane magda is not elusive at all

i really want to get a video of when she kneads on stuff, because she puts her ears straight up and looks really intense. problem is every time i try to make a video she stops doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
magda is really cute.