Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

strangemusic posted:

I have a question about boosting.

I'm at 42/50 and just finished up the Overlook beacon defense in TVHM. I really want to get to 50 and stop worrying about obsolete loot/quests. If I boost up to 50 with Flesh-Stick, can I start collecting sidequest loot right away scaled at the level cap, or does it HAVE to be playthrough 2.5?

I just really want the lv.50 Babymaker something fierce, to be honest.

The sidequests won't jump to 50 until you beat the story. Sorry pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Babymaker isn't quest loot either.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Is there a trading thread or should I just post here?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I was still strugglig earlier this week with taking down Bloodwing on TVHM, luckily, Today's Gold Key yielded a solution.

A 170K Damage Torgue Rocket Launcher :getin:

Went down in 4 shots.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Bit of a long shot but does anybody on the PS3 version have level 50 Legendary Siren and/or Assassin mods they'd be willing to dupe for me? The Vermivorous ones, not the Terra ones.

Heck, for that matter can they even be duped? Thought I read earlier in the thread something about them being bind on pickup. Decided to cave and break my no-duping rule only for those since Vermivorous is such a colossal pain to spawn.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got pretty lucky this morning. Got the Siren head off of BNK3R, the Commando head and a lv 48 Cradle from Henry, and a lv 50 Impaler from the Warrior if you want one, just ask. Friend me, say you're a goon, all that usual stuff. 'lol speedboat' on xbox live.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
In about a half-dozen fights with Warrior, I've yet to see an orange drop. In two fights with Terra? Mecho mod and Siren mod--my secondary and primary characters. Much rather farm Terra at that rate.

From what I've read, I'm not too keen on Vermi's Siren mod, but I'm keeping an open mind until I see one. Whether I mean the mod or Vermivorous is for you to interpret.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ShadowedFlames posted:

In about a half-dozen fights with Warrior, I've yet to see an orange drop. In two fights with Terra? Mecho mod and Siren mod--my secondary and primary characters. Much rather farm Terra at that rate.

From what I've read, I'm not too keen on Vermi's Siren mod, but I'm keeping an open mind until I see one. Whether I mean the mod or Vermivorous is for you to interpret.

I think Terra is guaranteed to drop one of his Slayer mods every time you kill him. Speaking of which, does anyone have a good build for the Gunzerker Slayer mod I finally picked up? I'm currently taking this for a spin- only difference from my unhinged hoarder mod build is that two points are taken out of Lay Waste and put into Hard To Kill and Incite to take advantage of the across the board bonuses to the first row (excepting Inconceivable) skills. Equipped a +45% Vitality Relic to sort of synergize with Hard To Kill and the bonus health from the mod (have a good Anshin shield on as well to add even more). Beyond that, the only other benefit from the mod is the increased ignition chance from fire weapons/increased fire damage, which means I tear rear end through unshielded flesh enemies I guess. Any other ideas on how to better utilize the thing?

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 11, 2012

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Bit of a long shot but does anybody on the PS3 version have level 50 Legendary Siren and/or Assassin mods they'd be willing to dupe for me? The Vermivorous ones, not the Terra ones.

Heck, for that matter can they even be duped? Thought I read earlier in the thread something about them being bind on pickup. Decided to cave and break my no-duping rule only for those since Vermivorous is such a colossal pain to spawn.

They can be duped since I've been giving out Siren ones to Siren users. I've also got the mechro one but no luck on assassin. I'll be on in about an hour and my PSN is the same as my user name.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Somebody posted:

Shift codes as of 2 hours ago (still works):

PS3: CBWJ3-6HRZJ-6ZJK3-9BKBT-WH3FZ
X360: CBWJ3-6HRWR-3XRJ6-5FJBT-WH3H6

Reposting on this page as the 360 code just worked for me.

Regarding Terra, that may be the case. I wasn't aware it was possible.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ShadowedFlames posted:

Reposting on this page as the 360 code just worked for me.

Regarding Terra, that may be the case. I wasn't aware it was possible.

Just gave the PS3 one a shot and that one seems to be done.

Added you in PSN Marogareh, that sounds perfect. I'll fire off a game invite when you log in.

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
Anyone on xbox that can help boost my son and I? I can return the favor

Placebo20

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

TheJetCityFix posted:

Anyone on xbox that can help boost my son and I? I can return the favor

Placebo20

I'm not doing much at the moment. GT is same as my screen name here; give me a moment to get to the Tundra Express and I'll be ready.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I remember in the last thread someone found a clip from the japanese version of the game and everyone had a few good chuckles about how bad some of them were. Was browsing youtube and found that someone else posted some videos with a lot more of the voices in it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuflWz8e9_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jfYtPjkfz4

Marcus sounds like a child molester and Scooter is just :stare: without the thick accent.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Thanks a bunch Marogareh, that siren mod is awesome.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 19, 2014

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
About farming the Warrior, there is an exploit to getting more legendaries, but it only works during the first time you kill him and have access to the "moonshot". I'll c/p what I found from another forum.

------------
Regarding the Warrior method and how it's done, when you get to part where you call the Moonshot to finish it off during the story mission, simply save and quit, then go backup your save file incase you call the moonshot when doing this method. After that's out the way, load your game back up, have player 2 join from split-screen, call the moonshot as player 2, have player 2 look for anything useful you want, once done, save and quit as player 2, then quit game from xmb/dashboard. You can repeat that as much as you like, as long as you don't gently caress it up. The legendaries have very high chance of dropping this way, about 75% apparently, not sure on the %, but I know for sure legendary are far more often when doing this.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

strangemusic posted:

I'm just in the bit before the Thresher in the main story (got past Leviathan by way of gratuitous 12-Pounder spam. thanks Big Sleep!) and kind of worried now. He seems to be a pretty well-regarded high water mark for TVHM skill level. I've done well against larger bosses thusfar in my run but we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: I just had a thought. Is there a damage ceiling in this game, as per older RPGs such as Final Fantasy where a single hit tops out at 9999 (or whatever power of ten you want to scale it to?)

No. Using the Evil Smasher glitch, the Bee, and a shotgun I've seen 2.5 million damage crit shots. It really is the best glitch. If you keep repeating the reload animation you sometimes get a buff with different multipliers, your damage/accuracy/firing rate can get a bit insane.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Feeble posted:

I remember in the last thread someone found a clip from the japanese version of the game and everyone had a few good chuckles about how bad some of them were. Was browsing youtube and found that someone else posted some videos with a lot more of the voices in it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuflWz8e9_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jfYtPjkfz4

Marcus sounds like a child molester and Scooter is just :stare: without the thick accent.

If you change your system language, this and a few other different languages are on the disc. Claptrap in Japanese is fantastic though, he sounds like a mad gameshow host.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
New shift codes from Pitchford on twitter:

WinPC: 53WJB-R5CZ9-RJ3B3-3TTJT-HZF5K
PS3: KT5T3-HS6HT-FHJW3-9TKT3-ZC55X
X360: KT5T3-HS6CX-BFRT6-5XJT3-ZC5KB

Several thousand redemptions. They were posted about 12 minutes ago and the 360 just worked for me.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Man, gently caress pubbies. First time playing with pubbies, kill the warrior. Start running for my first legendary? Bam, host changes network options to boot everyone from the game. I was all excited finally hitting 50 with axton to try some end game stuff with lots of people. I guess i learned my lesson with xbox randoms.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Crunkjuice posted:

Man, gently caress pubbies. First time playing with pubbies, kill the warrior. Start running for my first legendary? Bam, host changes network options to boot everyone from the game. I was all excited finally hitting 50 with axton to try some end game stuff with lots of people. I guess i learned my lesson with xbox randoms.

Even if you don't like cheating, what I do is (when they join) state that you'll dupe any oranges, so there's no fighting over it. Anyone who doesn't reply or refuses gets the boot straight off.

I've yet to not kick someone :sigh:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

OBi posted:

No. Using the Evil Smasher glitch, the Bee, and a shotgun I've seen 2.5 million damage crit shots. It really is the best glitch. If you keep repeating the reload animation you sometimes get a buff with different multipliers, your damage/accuracy/firing rate can get a bit insane.
Evil Smasher glitch, Bee, Anarchy and the CC is the best. It makes me annoyed that Borderlands doesn't have blood effects, since that would just paint the level red.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anybody on Xbox have a Tediore Allegiance Relic? Either the one that does Tediore damage and magazine size, or the one that just does magazine size. If anybody has one and wants some orange loot in return for a dupe of a level 50 of it, let me know.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Holy poo poo. The leviathan is such loving bullshit. I get killed over and over and barely dent his health. The worst thing is that it wouldn't even let me teleport out and come back later so I had to use a backup save which has cost me a lot of progress. gently caress whoever came up with this bullshit.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Speedboat Jones posted:

I got pretty lucky this morning. Got the Siren head off of BNK3R, the Commando head and a lv 48 Cradle from Henry, and a lv 50 Impaler from the Warrior if you want one, just ask. Friend me, say you're a goon, all that usual stuff. 'lol speedboat' on xbox live.

oh man I am totally gonna friend you and ask you to dupe that Siren head for me, fella. Be on the lookout for a message from MY BROS HOT DAD

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

...! posted:

Holy poo poo. The leviathan is such loving bullshit. I get killed over and over and barely dent his health. The worst thing is that it wouldn't even let me teleport out and come back later so I had to use a backup save which has cost me a lot of progress. gently caress whoever came up with this bullshit.

You gotta go for the glowy weak points, and he'll fall fast.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

And leave a sand worm or two for FFYL.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
No, no, I was doing all of that. It is still impossible.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
gently caress YES I finally found a skullmasher in the treasure room chest. All I need is an infinity and my Zer0 is set.

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
Had an awesome time playing with ShadowedFlames and Dpush tonight, big thanks to Shadowed for the boost. I finally got to try out my level 50, 388715 damage legendary bazooka called the DIPPITY NUKEM. Holy hell it's impossible to not smile when that thing goes off. Huge orange mushroom cloud!

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

...! posted:

No, no, I was doing all of that. It is still impossible.

You can snipe 3 or 4 weak points from the respawn alone. I did it solo with zero and without the over powered bee/weapon combo

On another note, the sandhawk is pretty beast with the bee. It works faster for killing terra/warrior much faster than a CC

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Beat Leviathan and picked up the repeat 'Treasure of the Sands' quest but it seems to be bugged. It tells me to enter Magnys Lighthouse but when I get there there's no quest marker on the map. If I go to the top of the lighthouse it's not possible to put the compass into the slot again and I can't access Leviathan.

Am I missing something or have I hit a bugged quest?

edit: fixed it. You can't fast travel to Magnys Lighthouse, you have to enter the area from Wurmwater by raising the gate again otherwise the quest markers won't appear.

edit 2: I'm trying to farm the treasure room using the invisible Leviathan glitch but whenever I load my save, the corpse is visible. It stops me seeing the landmarks so I keep falling to my death when trying to judge when to turn. Any help?

kim jong-illin fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 11, 2012

TheOne
May 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT RUINING EVERYBODY'S LIFE

abaddonis posted:

You can snipe 3 or 4 weak points from the respawn alone. I did it solo with zero and without the over powered bee/weapon combo

On another note, the sandhawk is pretty beast with the bee. It works faster for killing terra/warrior much faster than a CC

and on another note thanks alot for helping me tonight abaddonis, that was a fast way to level. its eskimo by the way.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

kim jong-illin posted:

edit 2: I'm trying to farm the treasure room using the invisible Leviathan glitch but whenever I load my save, the corpse is visible. It stops me seeing the landmarks so I keep falling to my death when trying to judge when to turn. Any help?
Try turning in the quest if you haven't yet; that usually makes him vanish. If you kill him, raid the room, save and quit (so you start in his stomach), he'll still be there (at least in my experience).

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

kim jong-illin posted:

Beat Leviathan and picked up the repeat 'Treasure of the Sands' quest but it seems to be bugged. It tells me to enter Magnys Lighthouse but when I get there there's no quest marker on the map. If I go to the top of the lighthouse it's not possible to put the compass into the slot again and I can't access Leviathan.

Am I missing something or have I hit a bugged quest?

edit: fixed it. You can't fast travel to Magnys Lighthouse, you have to enter the area from Wurmwater by raising the gate again otherwise the quest markers won't appear.

Riding on this topic, can you only repeat this quest once? I did it twice and now it doesn't show up anywhere.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Smokey posted:

Any tricks to beating that hyperius guy as a ninja assassin thing? I'm barely making a dent no matter what combo of equipment i use thanks

I've tried probably a half dozen times or more to kill him and have only whittled down maybe 1/10 of his health with all kinds of combos (Bee + Maggie, Bee + burning Baby Maker, Maggie + Hide of Terramorphous, some lvl 50 Hyperion Corrosive SMG + Bee), I just do not get how you're supposed to kill him.

gently caress whoever thought he'd be a good idea.

I've mostly given up on him and started going for the "get at least level 1 in all non-area specific challenges" trophy.

edit: This is as a Mechromancer

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 11, 2012

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
New set of shift codes, about an hour old.

WinPC: 5JKJT-S5WZS-FB3TB-T33J3-9W33B
PS3: WBCJB-B3HHT-RSJKJ-SJW3B-69XRJ
X360: WBCJB-B3HCX-JRRJR-KRT3B-69XW6

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Dr.Smasher posted:

I just do not get how you're supposed to kill him.

He's meant to be a super-tough raid boss, but even with a group I've had trouble. However I just managed to solo him as a Siren. You want to use a Baby Maker, a Bee, the Tediore allegiance relic that gives +30% Damage/+70% magazine size, and a class mod and skills that increase damage. Then just run up to him and keep reloading at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Bee + CC + Evil Smasher glitch. Nothing can withstand all of that, except maybe for Master Gee because he's kind of a special kind of bullshit.

• Locked thread