Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

The comic in question.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-264/

Let's get ready to limbo!
There is no way that remote is going to survive through this entire scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The limbozone transforms your clothes into beach clothes. How convenient!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Finally, I understand what Future Tech in Civilization means.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The limbozone is basically the most perfect part of the comic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This comic is weird and wonderful and basically the best.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nahxela posted:

The limbozone transforms your clothes into beach clothes. How convenient!

I really like how this is handled in the first panel. At least Almond seems to be enjoying herself :v:v

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

Limbozone is the best thing in a long line of best things.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

It's worth noting that the 43rd annual Limbo-thon was held just a few hours before.

I felt so proud for catching that yesterday.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
In all seriousness I hope Cucumber does something besides be vaguely exasperated soon. You can be SPECIFICALLY exasperated, kid. :colbert:

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Just to update my wet-books story, it seems they were protected 99% by their packaging, so there are only minor blemishes. So relieved and so excited!

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-265/

Aren't octopuses known for being able to squeeze into tight places? :ohdear:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

E.J.Olmos posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-265/

Aren't octopuses known for being able to squeeze into tight places? :ohdear:
When your opponent is one thousandth of your size, being able to fit into a hole one hundredth of your size isn't really that impressive anymore.

Actually, I can imagine Splashmaster just spreading out into an octopuddle and oozing under the bar.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Elysiume posted:

When your opponent is one thousandth of your size, being able to fit into a hole one hundredth of your size isn't really that impressive anymore.

Actually, I can imagine Splashmaster just spreading out into an octopuddle and oozing under the bar.

Yeah, I'm totally expecting Splashmaster to win this...somehow. Him failing is just way too obvious and Nautilus is being way too sure of herself here to not end up losing.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I like how Splashmaster is just going along with everything, Nautilus acts like she completely expected it to happen, and everyone else is "...okay whatever woo goo Nautilus I guess."

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
How low! Can you go!

I obviously can't wait to see Splashmaster's attempt. :allears:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I know octopi are supposed to be really good at squeezing into tight places. Too bad he's a squid.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
On the other hand, he's technically the king of limbo, that's gotta be good for something.

Also, my book arrived. :toot: As expected, everything looks even better on paper.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I'm guessing this is it. Splashmaster gets the limbo bar down to 1 inch. Then Cucumber summons a drainhole so Nautilus can clear the bar when it's level to the ground.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think Splashmaster's just gonna go all...Smash-Plaster on everything rather than consent to their SILLY game. :rolleye:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I think that is a valid complaint, Splashmaster.

I love those first two panels.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Also, the book, bookplate and print set just went up on the store, for anyone that didn't get in on the kickstarter.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Just more oppression from the established limbo aristocracy. Nothing ever changes.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Splashmaster already won, a commoner can't get any lower in this wretched system.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Look at poor Cucumber. Come on man, get hyped, this is the closest you're gonna get to a good time for a while once Splashmaster inevitably goes nuts!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Splashmaster's making the dickbutt panic face.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I hope Splashmaster loses in the next comic strip, Nautilus gets the crown, and they're all warped out of the Limbo Zone.

Only to get attacked by Splashmaster because they haven't actually defeated him and he's still the boss of the level.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Precambrian posted:

I hope Splashmaster loses in the next comic strip, Nautilus gets the crown, and they're all warped out of the Limbo Zone.

Only to get attacked by Splashmaster because they haven't actually defeated him and he's still the boss of the level.

Splashmaster seems like the type of boss who would actually give up after losing the limbo battle.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Annnd scene change!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's not a scene change - it's just a preview page for the extra story in the CQ book.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Sometime ago, Nintendo held a diorama contest for an upcoming game of theirs, which Gigi entered. This was her entry. Man, I hope we see some more dioramas and paper-crafts from her in the future. They look really good. :allears:

Man I should probably get myself one of those CQ books. How are they anyway?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They look great, and the bonus story and background information (which also includes clues as to where the CQ story is going down the line) makes it totally worth it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Doink. :3:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

It's a twofer? Noice. And I can't wait to see what *crunch* does :allears:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I love how the limbo king crown is too big for Nautilus, so it just covers her entire head.

the2ndgenesis
Mar 18, 2009

You, McNulty, are a gaping asshole. We both know this.
Boss fight imminent. Here we go, motherfuckers. :getin:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

There is no way that remote is going to survive through this entire scene.
:smug:

I hope we get some sort of twisted mashup of limbo dimension and reality.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I just feel sorry for Splashmaster. He looks so genuinely distressed.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Uh oh. Now we're stuck in Limbo nightmare hell forever.

Or perhaps you could just call it... Limbo Limbo :downsrim:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
We're going to get a trippy Earthbound random encounter background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
So I've been checking Gigi DG's tumblr for a bit, and she submitted this little gem recently:

It's not just me that thinks that Peridot is trying to mimic Almond's pigtail hairstyle, am I? :3: