Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I'm on as Vildeor (87 Shaman), Xantarr (80 SK) and Smugathesit (80 Mage) just grinding out AA's in Beza and looking for a way to get Tier 1 HoT armor for my two alts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

It's serverwide.gchat, but gently caress if I remember what password we changed to after someone hijacked the original serverwide.goons

/autojoin serverwide.gchat:fygm

I moved off EM to Xegony to join RoI and had to do a slight name change. I can still hang around in gchat if anyone besides Puga and Arwyn will actually show up to chat.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

jetz0r posted:

/autojoin serverwide.gchat:fygm

I moved off EM to Xegony to join RoI and had to do a slight name change. I can still hang around in gchat if anyone besides Puga and Arwyn will actually show up to chat.

Haha, not that I chat much on Puga. I suppose now that I know the password again I could go back to autojoining on whatever toon Puga is getting boxed with.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Man oh man, I am downloading this now. Unfetered from Innorruk rides again!!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Anyone have a char on test or can test copy and give me a few plat? I'm dubbing around with a few friends but my chars are all from Velious era and are totally broke. Help please and I will love you a lot

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Man oh man, I am downloading this now. Unfetered from Innorruk rides again!!

Weren't you a uh, half elf? rogue?
I just moved to another server, but there's still a decent number of old inno players kicking around on EM. Mostly in Silent Resurgence from what I know.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Listening to the soundtrack has gotten me nostalgic for EQ. Downloading yet again.

Edit: Okay, what should I be doing as a level 85 necro mostly with gear from the OMM missions? 800 AA

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 28, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

jetz0r posted:

Weren't you a uh, half elf? rogue?
I just moved to another server, but there's still a decent number of old inno players kicking around on EM. Mostly in Silent Resurgence from what I know.

Yep that was me.. been about 10 years since I was last on though.
Just recreated Fet on EM, think I may see if any of the vets are still there.

Who was your character?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Anyone have a char on test or can test copy and give me a few plat? I'm dubbing around with a few friends but my chars are all from Velious era and are totally broke. Help please and I will love you a lot

Name? I won't be on much this week due to a big exam, but I'll look for you if I'm online.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Yep that was me.. been about 10 years since I was last on though.
Just recreated Fet on EM, think I may see if any of the vets are still there.

Who was your character?

Holy poo poo! Small world

<----Diazinon the Bard from Innoruuk

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Keith Stone posted:

Holy poo poo! Small world

<----Diazinon the Bard from Innoruuk

Christ I remember you, it surely is a small world at that :)
I believe you were in FoH when i wrapped my guild the 12ons?

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
not quite FoH.

I stopped back in 2005 when i got married. I think I was in Elementals of Tomonori at the time.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Neurosis posted:

Listening to the soundtrack has gotten me nostalgic for EQ. Downloading yet again.

Edit: Okay, what should I be doing as a level 85 necro mostly with gear from the OMM missions? 800 AA

I'd probably try to group around here if possible. This is kind of a dead area of levels for good kiting. Weak animals in Field of Scale or weak boars in Tosk maybe? Once you get higher up in the 80s I'd give the north area of Feerrot a go. Once you get 91+ it's gravy in Beasts Domain or City of Brass.

Chum Scandal fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 29, 2012

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

meat gnome posted:

I'd probably try to group around here if possible. This is kind of a dead area of levels for good kiting. Weak animals in Field of Scale or weak boars in Tosk maybe? Once you get higher up in the 80s I'd give the north area of Feerrot a go. Once you get 91+ it's gravy in Beasts Domain or City of Brass.

That experience is pretty weak. Looks like I'll have to find a group. I feel like kind of dead weight with my relatively low AA and crappy gear.

... Or I might just blast through old content on test with a merc.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Triple SC on Sunday. I think Walmart cards still triple their 500 bonus too but not 100% certain.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

meat gnome posted:

Feerot is probably your best bet until you can land your poo poo on the mobs in BD.

Max out Pestilent Paralysis asap. You can root rot the shrub guys in Beasts Domain at the rear end end near Sarith. They are yellow cons at 95 and the xp is 2nd to none.

Check necrotalk.com for a good spell lineup. I can't remember mine but I know I could root one mob, load it up with long duration dots, then move onto the next one without having to recast anything ever. The things are guaranteed to die.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Ever since I loaded windows 8 I've not been able to stay online for more than 10 minutes. Anyone have any ideas? My system was rock solid under win 7.

I've reloaded drivers and am reloading EQ now.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Make sure memory mode under advanced options is set to minimum.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

bigeaux, it's showtime, chah
Glad to see there are a few other former Inny players on here. I played there with a main named Naeala years ago. Came back about a week ago, saw the latest merge was into EM, and am enjoying the game again. Been mostly playing my warrior, Xelotinixiluxin. DUnno if any of you ever knew/remember me from the old days.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I used to play iila on Innoruuk, was with LoD then SR back in the day, won the druid best of the best, etc. Was back with SR once I started playing again, but RoI grabbed me a few weeks ago. So I'm xegony.illa now because some rear end in a top hat stole my name on that server 10 years ago.

I don't have gchat on auto join, but you guys can message me to join or for questions, since I seem to be the loving eq encyclopedia in this thread.

I also had to rename my SK to Slippri. Fuckers on Xegony stole ALL my names. :(

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

jetz0r posted:

was with... SR back in the day

What does SR stand for? I was on Brell Serilis over 10 years ago and Silent Redemption was the top guild - I thought that you might be referring to that. I knew a person or 2 in that guild, but I had no intention (or hope) of ever joining.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
So, for anyone who ever cared about PvP in EQ, the new forums they have put up give a lot better visibility to threads and have quite a bit more activity for subjects involving PvP than the old forums, where player despair gave way to a ghost town.

The threads asking about Progressive PvP servers (which have gotten dev attention and consideration in the past, but haven't yet resulted in new servers) have been getting a good amount of posts and pageviews compared to past threads. This means this is a better time than any to try to get something done!

If you would like to see a new PvP server, OR if you are simply a nice person and would go ahead and post in this thread for people (like me and several others in this thread) who really, really want this, please click the following link and make a post in support:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/time-locked-progression-sullon-zek-diety-pvp-server.523/

Not only might it get something done for those of us who like PvP, but it would bring back a lot of subscriptions to the game that have long since been cancelled due to no new PvP content for about 12 years running. This is a good thing for the game in general and does not hurt you in any way, even if you don't like PvP!

There are a ton of different rules they could use when implementing a progressive PvP server but really what matters most is that they do, so please please post something positive there if you give any shits at all (or even if you don't, just pretend you do and I'll give you a lollipop). A simple "gently caress yeah, my friends and i would play on this server/sub gold for this/roll up a lvl 1 gnome and troll people" is all it takes to probably get nothing done at all but at least try!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

What does SR stand for? I was on Brell Serilis over 10 years ago and Silent Redemption was the top guild - I thought that you might be referring to that. I knew a person or 2 in that guild, but I had no intention (or hope) of ever joining.

Silent Resurgence is the ex-Innoruuk now Erollisi Marr SR. Silent Redemption is still around, too. Which makes talking cross server about guilds a little confusing sometimes.

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/ is a list guilds who are still killing stuff. There's actually a good number of guilds still around from 10 years ago.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

New expansion looks like it's a bunch of revamped Velious zones. I guess that's less work for a skeleton crew dev team.

:smith:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

jbone posted:

Glad to see there are a few other former Inny players on here. I played there with a main named Naeala years ago. Came back about a week ago, saw the latest merge was into EM, and am enjoying the game again. Been mostly playing my warrior, Xelotinixiluxin. DUnno if any of you ever knew/remember me from the old days.

The Unfetered One remembers Naeala ;)

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The Unfetered One remembers Naeala ;)

Well hey, shoot me a message sometime. If you can spell Xelotinixiluxin, that is. :D

Edit: I tried scrolling up, and I can't seem to find it... what's your character name? I feel like it's on the tip of my tongue.

jbone fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 11, 2012

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

meat gnome posted:

New expansion looks like it's a bunch of revamped Velious zones. I guess that's less work for a skeleton crew dev team.

:smith:

I would be perfectly happy if they revamped the game from the beginning with all the expansions now, up until PoP. Those are happy times and why people still play the game.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

jbone posted:

Well hey, shoot me a message sometime. If you can spell Xelotinixiluxin, that is.

Yeah, you're never getting tells, ever.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Node posted:

I would be perfectly happy if they revamped the game from the beginning with all the expansions now, up until PoP. Those are happy times and why people still play the game.

Two threads below this one is a thread for EQMac, which you can play via PC. It's free and permalocked forever exactly at that stage. The community is also supposed to be amazing. Go hog wild!

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

jetz0r posted:

Yeah, you're never getting tells, ever.

I get more than you'd think.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Node posted:

I like those zones too but I can play in them right now, for free, on Live servers, Alkabor, or Project 1999. I want new stuff when I spend $40.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

meat gnome posted:

I like those zones too but I can play in them right now, for free, on Live servers, Alkabor, or Project 1999. I want new stuff when I spend $40.

Eh, personally I love velious, but there's zero challenge, exploration potential, or surprises there anymore. I'm fine with an updated velious that brings people back and lets me play on my level 95. It sounds like it'll be some new zones too, so it's probably how they just crammed an entire expansion of new zones into faydwer.

I've liked previous revamps like feerott, erudin burning, and cazic thule in HoT, and I imagine this will be similar. Modernized Tower of Frozen Shadows? yes please! Can we still buy expansions with station cash? Because christmas they usually do double/triple cash iirc.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 11, 2012

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Node posted:

I dunno, if there's one thing I love about EQ, it's that I can go to Kelethin, Plane of Fear, Mistmoore, The Karanas, all of Kunark and Velious, etc., etc., and see it in the exact same state as it was 13 years ago. I would scream if they overhauled every old zone.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Pilsner posted:

I dunno, if there's one thing I love about EQ, it's that I can go to Kelethin, Plane of Fear, Mistmoore, The Karanas, all of Kunark and Velious, etc., etc., and see it in the exact same state as it was 13 years ago. I would scream if they overhauled every old zone.

Especially if it's like the new freeport. God that zone blows. Last time I ran through on my 85 wizard some new see-invis militia mob quadded me for 64k hits. What the gently caress.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Especially if it's like the new freeport. God that zone blows. Last time I ran through on my 85 wizard some new see-invis militia mob quadded me for 64k hits. What the gently caress.

I don't even play any more, and just happened to read the last couple pages of this thread, and I just had to chime in and say gently caress New Freeport. It's a horrible, ugly, brown-gray, mud maze. I also didn't like when they revamped the Commonlands, or the Desert of Ro, but those changes were less egregious, I feel.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
So thats what happened to FP? I sent my new rogue (Unfetered) there the other day to find the bank with the door I can practice my lock pick skills on.. like all good rogues used too, only to find the city was not as I remembered it.
Half an hour later I realised I was not exploring on hosed up memories but the city had changed. That blowed major rear end.

Then I went to Qeynos, and all was well with me again. Next stop was ButcherBlock and boy did I get a nostalgic pang. That empty dungeon was a hive of activity on release. I recall two trolls used to barricade the entrance and demand a toll to get away from the trains. That was before Verant made it so players could pass through each other.

*EDIT*
Anyone remember that named elephant in South Karana that used to spawn agro to everyone in the zone? The joys seeing that over conned thing take out hundreds of players from Splitpaw to KFC.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Pilsner posted:

I meant make an "alternate universe" type of thing. Entirely new zones, but all revamps of old ones. I agree, I want to go to the Karanas just as they were in 1999 as well.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

So thats what happened to FP? I sent my new rogue (Unfetered) there the other day to find the bank with the door I can practice my lock pick skills on.. like all good rogues used too, only to find the city was not as I remembered it.
Half an hour later I realised I was not exploring on hosed up memories but the city had changed. That blowed major rear end.

Then I went to Qeynos, and all was well with me again. Next stop was ButcherBlock and boy did I get a nostalgic pang. That empty dungeon was a hive of activity on release. I recall two trolls used to barricade the entrance and demand a toll to get away from the trains. That was before Verant made it so players could pass through each other.

*EDIT*
Anyone remember that named elephant in South Karana that used to spawn agro to everyone in the zone? The joys seeing that over conned thing take out hundreds of players from Splitpaw to KFC.

Befallen is still the same, and that book on the table of the zone in area of Plane of Tranquility still works as well. That book is better, because it will skill you up as fast as you can click.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Freeport is the main example of a zone revamp that completely failed. The others since then have been much more in the spirit of the zones they replaced. The Ro zone consolidation still feels like the old zones, just smoother. Most/all of the landmarks are still there and the basepop is mostly the same. Lavastorm and Commonlands aren't as good copies of the old zones but are no where near freeport levels of bad. Nektulos also got a revamp, but I didn't really know it beforehand. It seems fine though.

The RoF Velious zones are going to be alternate versions of the old ones, they won't replace the classic zones at all. The zones are going to be exactly the same, with different mobs and placements. As opposed to the revamps like Commonlands which were new zones that tried to lay the old mobs on top.

The RoF NToV zone is probably going to be different since there's been leaks in the spell file of higher level NToV mob spells that suggested it would have been the summer hardcore heritage revamp but got pushed back into being a permanent part of the RoF expansion. So same zone, same basic basepop just scaled up with new spells and modern mechanics. Kind of like the Permafrost or Crushbone revamps that came out last year (and were repeated this year) that previewed how VoA named were going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pilsner posted:

Gimme my lovely textures, horrible angles, and pixelation any day of the week.

Round corners? Not in my EverQuest.

Freeport is so, so terrible.