Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

I'm not surprised this happened in Texas. What surprises me is I haven't seen this in Oklahoma.

You haven't spent much time in Payne County then. Amusingly, I almost got hit by a deer last week by lake Hefner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathan Explosion
Aug 14, 2006
A whole new rainbow of pain!
I saw this terrible riced out Civic today. To give him credit the bad body kit is painted and there are two fart cans to fill the bumper cutouts.

The steelies kinda suck but what baffles me is the mirrored gold civic and ex badges. Is he going for the M1 look? Did he find an extra set of badges cheap and threw them on there just for kicks? Is he profoundly stupid? We may never know.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wow! How fast must that guy have been driving in reverse?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Nathan Explosion posted:

I saw this terrible riced out Civic today. To give him credit the bad body kit is painted and there are two fart cans to fill the bumper cutouts.

The steelies kinda suck but what baffles me is the mirrored gold civic and ex badges. Is he going for the M1 look? Did he find an extra set of badges cheap and threw them on there just for kicks? Is he profoundly stupid? We may never know.

A lot of dealerships put gold badging on green & red cars for some reason. Case in point 94+ Mustangs.

VVV Wow, just noticed the mirrored badging. That's horrible :(

Devyl fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 11, 2012

Nathan Explosion
Aug 14, 2006
A whole new rainbow of pain!
I'm aware of that. Honda and Toyota in particular loved the gold badges that have begun to flake away long ago. The thing that stuck out at me about the car in that photo is that the owner decided to add a second set of emblems. At least they are spaced proportionally.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Just another terrible brotruck, right?

Two lift blocks :stare:

Keep in mind I'm sitting in my Ranger, and the rear bumper of this thing is practically at my eye level.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nathan Explosion posted:

That's not even close to riced out. Dual grapefruit launchers aside, it looks like a dealer option spoiler and skirts package. Hell, he even mirrored th EX badge, he didn't even try to pretend it was a type-R!
It is still terrible though.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
There is no way that brotruck will ever tow anything ever.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

G-Mach posted:

There is no way that brotruck will ever tow anything ever.

Now I want to see something like this, but with a brotruck and a lifted trailer.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Best truck

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Deeters posted:

Now I want to see something like this, but with a brotruck and a lifted trailer.

I love this picture so much. Owns.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Saw this as I was leaving the gym a couple days ago.

Not sure if two chains really counts as a tailgate, but the plate hanging off them seems to work.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

diremonk posted:

Saw this as I was leaving the gym a couple days ago.

Not sure if two chains really counts as a tailgate, but the plate hanging off them seems to work.

Handicap tags on that thing. You think he puts ramps down and rolls his wheelchair in the back?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Two lift blocks :stare:

And apparently stock length shocks that haven't had the mounts relocated or anything.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Deeters posted:

I too love this photo everytime it gets posted. What makes my head hurt is how do the front tires steer? Does he have to raise the bags? Please educate me, goons!

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I too love this photo everytime it gets posted. What makes my head hurt is how do the front tires steer? Does he have to raise the bags? Please educate me, goons!

I like to imagine it steers like a tank, you want to turn left, slow the tires on the left side. I simply won't accept any other explanation.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

Somewhat Heroic posted:

He has the bags fully deflated for the photo. It's really hard to get that dumped on static drop without doing drastic suspension changes (and obviously he couldn't steer).

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The trailer is actually a permanent part of the vehicle. it steers like an articulated loader. flexing at the hitch

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

ultimateforce posted:

He has the bags fully deflated for the photo. It's really hard to get that dumped on static drop without doing drastic suspension changes (and obviously he couldn't steer).
Can't tell if ultimateforce is serious posting or just an elaborate troll :fry:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Terrible Robot posted:

What exactly is it that attracts people to Sebrings?

They're not a bad-looking car, especially the convertible. Most people don't know the first thing about cars, and their first impression will be appearance.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

They're not a bad-looking car, especially the convertible. Most people don't know the first thing about cars, and their first impression will be appearance.

Don't forget: cheap convertible.

This is a repeat of the also successful Lebaron convertible. It's a formula. It works for people who's only consideration about what kind of car to buy is (in this order): number of doors (including convertible or not), color, fuel mileage.

Chrysler is reasonably successful at catering to a market that is very much NOT car enthusiasts. It's a valid business plan.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Motronic posted:

Chrysler is reasonably successful at catering to a market that is very much NOT car enthusiasts. It's a valid business plan.

Yeah, they've been doing pretty well for themselves. :v:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Godholio posted:

Yeah, they've been doing pretty well for themselves. :v:

Fair point, but historically......look at the two examples noted. This is when things were working for them.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Motronic posted:

Don't forget: cheap convertible.

This is a repeat of the also successful Lebaron convertible. It's a formula. It works for people who's only consideration about what kind of car to buy is (in this order): number of doors (including convertible or not), color, fuel mileage.

The Sebring is purchased by middle aged women who don't Toyota is classy enough for their money. Which is why I was totally surprised when my Aunt bought a Solara.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It also results in a lot of return customers, at least for the parts department.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

PainterofCrap posted:

You must mean the previous generation because the current generation looks awful, even after they re-did it in 2011. The roofline and C-pillars are bizarre.

Which is all right with me because I would definitely buy one of the re-vamped models if I had to pick something in its segment. The V6 model gives you an absurd amount of power for very little money and that's all I care about. They even revamped the suspension so it handles OK too, now.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

grover posted:

jagityerdeer?

I'm honestly surprised we don't see more reinforced and spiked front bumpers in deer country.

My brother and his friend did this a few years back but with a 7 foot shark they caught on the west coast of Florida, and they tied it down to the roof of the car. They said some of the looks they got were priceless. Wish I had a picture of it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Nathan Explosion posted:

That's an OEM spoiler for a 99-00 Civic, side skirts also look like the stock EX coupe skirts, and those are stock tail lights for a 99-00. Aside from the cutouts, that looks like a stock or near stock bumper too.

All 96-00 Civics came stock with steelies + hubcaps too, unless they opted for alloys at the dealer. And there's not many of them around with pristine hubcaps today.

The badging and exhaust is just loving weird though, if you stacked those fart cans on top of each other they'd be about as big as the D16 under the hood.

I had a 96 EX coupe for a few years in the same color, with the 96-98 version of that spoiler

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 12, 2012

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Saw this today. I think it belongs here.

I always knew used car prices were inflated in California, but this is ridiculous.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

YF19pilot posted:

The Sebring is purchased by middle aged women who don't Toyota
My mom doesn't Toyota either, and she's about as far from a car enthusiast as you can get, but even she absolutely loathed a Sebring convertible she unwittingly rented once.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BoostCreep posted:

I always knew used car prices were inflated in California, but this is ridiculous.
Surely there's one too many 8s on that price. Surely.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
What kind of mileage does that car get, though? Geo Metros have been selling for $5k ever since gas hit $4/gallon because people can get 55mpg out of them.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

maybe it's meant to read '88 4 $988??

heyou
Dec 30, 2004
Mr. Green....Gesundheit.

Just started seeing this guy on my drive to work.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

heyou posted:

Just started seeing this guy on my drive to work.

What is terrible about this car?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Paul Boz_ posted:

I think he is referring to his inability to leave enough of a gap between himself and the car in front of him to escape if the car in front dies. That's the terrible part.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

veedubfreak posted:

I think he is referring to his inability to leave enough of a gap between himself and the car in front of him to escape if the car in front dies. That's the terrible part.

No, I think it's the luggage rack. Hipsters and ricers are starting to put that on all their cars these days.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It's a Renault Alliance.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

No, I think it's the luggage rack. Hipsters and ricers are starting to put that on all their cars these days.

It'd be understandable if half of them went biking, snowboarding, or camping every other day, but usually they only have them to come across as someone who does that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Paul Boz_ posted:

It completes the 'ugh, it's icky' AMC/Chrysler Sebring/LeBaron/Alliance convertible trifecta?

I dunno, driving a 30ish year old Franco-AMC convertible in the rain is pretty AI.