Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Lamb! Thank you for the Halloween mail! The Gremlins trading cards are awesome, but I have to admit I have no idea what Garbage Pail Kids is/are.

They were stickers in the 80s/90s parodying pop culture icons and cabbage patch dolls by making up crude/gross versions of then. They were hugely popular at one point in time probably for their subversive nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Laaaamb! What a huge surprise! Thank you very very much! I remembered Garbage Pail Kids and used to collect them. Haven't seen one in years. Love it all, halloween is my favorite holiday, but that Munsters money took the cake. They are still one of my favorite tv shows, and that bill is going into my cherished stuff box.

It was great to hear from you, too. Gracias, senorita. :)

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Now I have something I can use my scratch and sniff stickers for! I LOVED doing this the last few years! Whoever sends me something will get surprise as a thank you. :)

Cone of Tragedy
1509 Stanley Ave. Apt 203
Long Beach, CA 90804

Cone of Tragedy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 6, 2012

Pieholes
Sep 18, 2010

Since Christmas is coming, I'll absolutely have to join again! I guess most of my cards didn't make it there last year :(

Laura V.
Taimistontie 11 A 19
00380 Helsinki
Finland

marlowe can you go
Oct 13, 2011
A way that I might actually get a Christmas card this year? YES!

Kat W.
P.O. Box 366
Osage Beach, MO 65065

No NWS please, outside or in. Um, I'm owned by two imperious cats, like anything sparkly or shiny, and miss England a lot. Thank you!

marlowe can you go fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 12, 2012

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Sign me up again! This is my favourite part of Christmas now.

<3

nonpromqueen fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 12, 2018

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Just got a wonderfully written note from Kafka's Goldfish for my second anniversary. Thank you so much, your hand writing is amazingly clear and the note was great, plus the octopus stamp was pretty bitching. I will have to get something in the mail for you soon as a suitable thank you.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
You know what? I need to get back in on this. My birthday is next Wednesday and is being followed by The Holidays(tm) and one of the few things that bring me joy around this time of year is receiving cards from goons. Also, I work at a grocery store that sells cards, so I can easily get my hands on enough cards/goofy things to put inside said cards.

Jeremiah Crockroft
8303 Valley Ave.
Juneau, AK 99801

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Let's do this!!! I'm all for anything :nws: just so long as it's inside the envelope, thanks goons!!! :yayclod:

Aaron
5616 Edwardsville Road
Hardy, VA, USA 24101

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Thanks so much to THERMOPHONIC JOY for the envelope full of goodies:

I've been putting stickers all over everything!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies
ERASED
El Paso, TX 79906

I'll be sending out uh.. a hundred? ish? cards. I think.

E: Please no explosives/terrible scary things.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 14, 2013

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

meriruka posted:

Thanks so much to THERMOPHONIC JOY for the envelope full of goodies:

I've been putting stickers all over everything!

I wholeheartedly condone this! When I was a little poo poo of a kid, I put stickers on every possible surface I could ruin with them, and consequently made my mother ban stickers in our household. Now I'm a nut job. Long live stickers!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I'm glad people have been getting their stuff! I'm really excited about the pile o' crap I've accumulated for Goonsmas.

I owe thanks going back quite a while to: Mizufusion, Miryei, Thermophonic Joy, Tempura Wizard, skels, FoxxorTheRed (hey Jersey goon), and Kafka's Goldfish (thanks for the note about the storm, thankfully we made it through ok).

The list is up to date.

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

I'd like to be back on the list for the Christmas mail.......I've got some silly trinkets to send.

meriruka
1010 Peak's Trl.
Nathalie, VA 24577

Thanks!

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Thank you very much Thermophonic Joy and Kafka's Goldfish!

Thermophonic Joy, Unfortunately your nice Halloween card came after Halloween, but what's nicer than a post Halloween Halloween surprise!

Kafka's Goldfish, your letter was super nice and I was wondering to myself why you talked about dogs and music until I remembered that that's what I listed in as my interests! The wax seal was a nice touch!

Also, do you think mailmen/mailwomen get angry when they see my address written "Canada, North America, Solar System, Milky Way"?

I gotta mail out some letters again soon!

ARACHTION fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 15, 2012

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Oh my heck I got Halloween AND July mail from Thermophonic Joy and it totally made my day!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

Oh my heck I got Halloween AND July mail from Thermophonic Joy and it totally made my day!

July?! What the heck... Well, I'm glad I could make your day, even if it's three months overdue. :ohdear:

Everything moves at snail pace here on the island, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it took so long to get to you. Maybe I should start sending out goonmas stuff now.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I'm up for some goon mail lovin'.

B. Main
3842 N Salem Rd
Decatur, IN 46733

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Thank you very much Kafka's Goldfish :-) I loved your cross stitch. I had to open the envelope at the side because I didn't want to break the wax seal!!

Mine will be posted out over the next week or so...I apologise in advance for random bits and pieces!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

July?! What the heck... Well, I'm glad I could make your day, even if it's three months overdue. :ohdear:

Everything moves at snail pace here on the island, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it took so long to get to you. Maybe I should start sending out goonmas stuff now.

lol yes, you wrote in it "HAPPY JULY!" and then right under that "(I hope this gets to you in July)".

Ironic mail is the best mail!

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.
I also recieved a cross stitch from Kafka's.

As you can see, it is adorable.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Dushkani posted:

I also recieved a cross stitch from Kafka's.

As you can see, it is adorable.

That's so cute!

Thermophonic Joy, I got your Halloween goodies today! It was very exciting, I've been feeling a little down but it put some pep in my step. Goon mail is the best thing ever!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Halloween stuff from Thermophonic Joy, thanks! I like that you had a cardboard robot looking return label.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Yesterday I came home to find 3 pieces of goonmail waiting for me. Oh happy day! Thank you Foxxor, Thermophonic Joy and Tempura Wizard! And I have finally gotten around to taking pictures of all the loot.

From Foxxor the Red (I'll post another pic once I've colored him in)

From Lamb (recovered the silly bandz from the cats)

From Tempura Wizard, Arachtion, and Kafka's Goldfish

From Thermophonic Joy (all sorts of fun stuff! I hope the cucumber seeds will be okay until next year.)

From Amarie, Aunt Buck and MizFusion (some of the first pieces I received)

Oh and I may have mailed another batch earlier this week.....

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...

A big thanks to Thermophonic Joy for this batch of goonmail. It's been a long week and this completely made my day! Also, I love that it was addressed to "Foxxor T. Red." It made me feel quite proper.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a belated Halloween letter from Thermophonic Joy too! It had lots of pretty stickers that I plastered all over my calendar. :buddy:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Mizufusion posted:

I got a belated Halloween letter from Thermophonic Joy too! It had lots of pretty stickers that I plastered all over my calendar. :buddy:

I did as well today! Thank you very much Thermophonic Joy! Your letter was lovely and very much appreciated. It made my day and you are wonderful. :3: It's nice to know that I am gone but not forgotten, thanks to you and lamb. It may take me a week or two but you both will be getting something back.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
You're welcome to all the goons who thanked me! It's great that my mail actually arrived this time. :dance:

I'm working on Goonmas stuff right now. So excited!

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

I received a horde of kitties from Kafka's Goldfish. Also, some badass short story trivia cards (What game is that from, by the way?). And an octopus. Thanks! Funny enough, I sent you a pre-holiday card about the same time you did, so it should be getting there soon. Of course, we're relying on the Canadian Post . . .

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Oh god. I just got a job. It's been a long time so it's going to be very stressful at first but hopefully my anxiety is making it seem scarier than it actually is. But this means I'll be able to afford sending out goonmail soon! So yay for that!

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

This looks like a lot of fun!

Eugene B.
Ristikheina 7
74117, Maardu
Estonia

No NSFW on the outside please :D

Gonna go on a shopping spree tomorrow, to buy some goodies, to send some goon mail of my own. Need to find out how many stamps needed for mail to USA.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I can't wait to get to sending again this year! Going to find the most odd and awkward cards at the dollar store possible...

Roydrowsy
6855 Hurd Ave
Cincinnati Oh 45227

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Made a last minute decision to send out a few thanksgiving cards! Hopefully they arrive on time. :ohdear:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Pez Master I just got your anniversary card today all the way from the magical land of Canada, thank you so much for your advice, I will follow it forever to ensure an amazing marriage. The super heros where great and will give us something to compete against each other in.

Pez and Kafta I will have a reply out in the mail for you guys tomorrow afternoon.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Hey my mailing address recently changed. I was in a bad auto accident a few weeks back (I'm surprised I made it out alive, to be honest) so I haven't been able to send anything out but I'm going to be trying over the next month!

e: old address

Rickycat fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 20, 2014

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I just found an amazing box of Houston Astros Christmas Cards, which I think is made more amusing by the fact that I live in Ohio, I've never been to Houston, and don't care the least bit about the Astros.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Just shipped a handful of cards and some treats. Hope everyone enjoys them, I'll try and send more soon.

Wings of Mine
Aug 23, 2011
I love giving and receiving cards and mail. :D I'm definitely going to give some goonmail out this December. Reading over this thread and seeing all the different kinds of stuff people have been receiving has been inspiring!

If anyone would like to send me anything, my address is:

Wings of Mine
Hollins University
PO Box 10137
Roanoke, Virginia 24020

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Totally stumbled across a stash of Christmas cards which are totally gonna get sent to goons! Bwahahaha! Be prepared!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I have the stamps, i just need to get some Christmas cards and start mailing!