Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

plainswalker75 posted:

Surely Clint's too focused on his club play at the moment to be distracted by just a friendly?

You could make that same argument for a large chunk of the roster. I'm just mildly surprised JK is putting Agudelo and Herc on planes to Russia over somebody in London.

Like I said — it really, really doesn't matter.

E: They're actually training in Frankfurt before flying to wherever the hell in SW Russia this match is

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

The SARS Volta posted:

You could make that same argument for a large chunk of the roster. I'm just mildly surprised JK is putting Agudelo and Herc on planes to Russia over somebody in London.

Like I said — it really, really doesn't matter.

E: They're actually training in Frankfurt before flying to wherever the hell in SW Russia this match is

Agudelo I can understand, just to evaluate him and see where he's at. I really don't get Herc though.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Dempsey has mostly been complete poo poo lately so he could probably use a rest more than playing in a friendly.

Glad to see Klinsmann's master plan to only play Jozy in meaningless games vs good teams and Eddie Johnson and co vs the CONCACAF minnows so he can pretend it's a good idea is rolling on though :colbert:

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
No new CBs into the pool?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

INKRO posted:

No new CBs into the pool?

With the way he's playing right now, Gonzo is pretty much a lock after he win's the Cup with the Galaxy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tigren posted:

With the way he's playing right now, Gonzo is pretty much a lock after he win's the Cup with the Galaxy.

Gonzo? Is that a new nickname for Tommy Meyer?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

gently caress off wicka posted:

Gonzo? Is that a new nickname for Tommy Meyer?

I wish he would be Gone-zo. Or something like that. That guy needs some serious work.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Dempsey has mostly been complete poo poo lately

What is his deal lately? Has been totally invisible for Spurs the last few games.

Geoff Cameron now clearly best in-form US player in the EPL right now. (not counting old fart keepers)

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

TasmanianX posted:

What is his deal lately? Has been totally invisible for Spurs the last few games.

Geoff Cameron now clearly best in-form US player in the EPL right now. (not counting old fart keepers)

Michael Bradley now clearly best in-form US player.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tigren posted:

Michael Bradley now clearly best in-form US player.

Only for about the past three years.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Shrapnac posted:

Only for about the past three years.

You only like him because his Dad's the coa

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tigren posted:

I wish he would be Gone-zo. Or something like that. That guy needs some serious work.

He's a rookie and he's as good as Omar was when he was a rookie. Is his best as good as Omar's? Hell no, but he reads the game well, has decent footwork, enough speed to keep up, can head the ball, and has poise under pressure. Guy's going to be good for us when it's him Gaul, AJ, and Franklin in 2 years.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

He's a rookie and he's as good as Omar was when he was a rookie. Is his best as good as Omar's? Hell no, but he reads the game well, has decent footwork, enough speed to keep up, can head the ball, and has poise under pressure. Guy's going to be good for us when it's him Gaul, AJ, and Franklin in 2 years.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. I'm not sold on him.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

That's fair. I've been high on him since the early season when he was covering for Omar and <insert other injured CB/Boyens>. He's made mistakes, but I feel that playing him extended minutes back then made him ready for the bullshit in the San Jose games and prepared him for playing against good players like we are facing in the playoffs. I think next year, he'll be even better and we won't have to have guys like Lopez and Boyens anywhere near our roster.

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012

Tigren posted:

I was actually thinking Matt Besler, who you know, would be available.

Then again, Zusi would also be available and he's not called up either. :shrug:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Zusi and Besler both really need a break.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

If Matt loving Besler is called up in front of Omar, then I wouldn't blame Omar for playing for Mexico because that's loving embarrassing.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Well, it's happened once so far.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

If Matt loving Besler is called up in front of Omar, then I wouldn't blame Omar for playing for Mexico because that's loving embarrassing.

This, but I think he meant Besler for the Russian game since he's not playing right now.

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012

The SARS Volta posted:

Zusi and Besler both really need a break.

Such is the state of end-of-season national team games I suppose.

...which really puts that whole MLSers-being-loaned-abroad saga into question. They're saying that they're not doing it this year because the league is bigger and playing more games now, which is correct but which I also suspect is a bit of rear end covering by JK and co.

And yeah, Besler's already been called up ahead of Gonzo. Then again, as it was then and is now, Omar was kind of busy.

INKRO fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 13, 2012

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Is George John ever gonna do a thing?

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

Shrapnac posted:

Is George John ever gonna do a thing?

He can't stay healthy this year, needs to be shut down with Brek for a few months.

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
Matt Hedges is the new hot young Bigsoccer CB thing on FC Dallas anyway. :supaburn:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Well, Hope Solo's just been named the victim in a domestic assault case. Yikes.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Was Taters posted:

Well, Hope Solo's just been named the victim in a domestic assault case. Yikes.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/UW-stars-Jerramy-Stevens-Hope-Solo-involved-in-assault-investigation-before-wedding-179177501.html

For those unfamiliar with Stevens: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
In what strange world do I live in where I am honestly shocked that there are women on the planet who would take a single look at Stevens history and consider him even a remotely date worthy person.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

msj817 posted:

In what strange world do I live in where I am honestly shocked that there are women on the planet who would take a single look at Stevens history and consider him even a remotely date worthy person.

As much as I love Hope Solo, she's crazy, and apparently that gives you like -a billion to good judgement. I am sure she looked at him as someone who'd come through hard times like herself, etc.

Considering the hard time she gave the cops at the time I am a bit surprised she didn't get arrested herself.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

msj817 posted:

Yeah he's a complete piece of poo poo and has been for a really long time. The best moment of his NFL career was when that one guy on the Raiders just grabbed him and kneed him in the balls. He always has been and always will be a bad human being. This will probably not be the last time he does something awful to a woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGG0zWu_VIs

Jota fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 13, 2012

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The only thing that shocked me about this story was that Jerramy Stevens wasn't already in jail for all the other poo poo he's done. Otherwise, yeah, it all kinda makes sense :(

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Aaaaand he's been cleared already.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article/Former-Huskies-star-Jerramy-Stevens-in-court-for-4033619.php

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Stevens is such a piece of poo poo, an actual rapist, and He dropped that pass in the Super Bowl. Hope solo needs extensive erapy i guess, shes a child of neglect/abuse and had a hosed up dad.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Well, did they get married today or not? Nice reporting there Seattle PI.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

please respond posted:

Stevens is such a piece of poo poo, an actual rapist, and He dropped that pass in the Super Bowl.

haha sorry I had to quote this because it was hilarious reading the first two hardcore facts and then "AND HE DROPPED THAT PASS!"

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

80085 posted:

haha sorry I had to quote this because it was hilarious reading the first two hardcore facts and then "AND HE DROPPED THAT PASS!"

It made me kick my TV and I was loving mad, he dropped a lot of passes, and got DUI's and did rapes and I wish someone would kill him with a predator drone

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Oh, hey, we have a game in like 75 minutes

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

The SARS Volta posted:

Oh, hey, we have a game in like 75 minutes

And here's the starters

ussf posted:

Howard; Chandler, Cameron, Bocanegra (capt), F. Johnson; Williams, Jones, Bradley, Gatt; Gomez, Altidore

I've been thinking about this since Monday: Here we are in Russia, one of the countries that's pretty bad about fans throwing bananas, making monkey noises, etc. and the 20 man roster (and now starting lineup) is about 3/4 Not Totally White. I like that.

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?

Hoover Dam posted:

And here's the starters

I've been thinking about this since Monday: Here we are in Russia, one of the countries that's pretty bad about fans throwing bananas, making monkey noises, etc. and the 20 man roster (and now starting lineup) is about 3/4 Not Totally White. I like that.

I won't like it if they do that to our players (or any players but this one is more immediate).

Anyway, roster seems about expected. Here's hoping for a good game!

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
Game this morning? On ESPN3?

So much for productivity.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
A few AO bars opened for this one. I shoulda took a half-day :-\

E: Diskerud, Edu, Agudelo, Kljestan, Boyd, Goodson, Rimando on bench. Gyau didn't dress; guess he was late getting in or something.

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Lalas shaved the beard into a stache. Pretty awesome.

• Locked thread