Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Hakkesshu posted:

Anyone remember the name of a weird indie psychedelic exploitation film starring Destro from GI Joe? The trailer floated around a few years back, but I can't find any trace of its existence. I want to say it had an Italian sounding name.

Canzo Empyrean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's the one, thanks. I still don't know what the gently caress.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Slasherfan posted:

I think it's Club Dredd

Yeah that's it alright, thanks.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
I'm trying to identify a movie based on the only scene I've seen, so I can find a video clip of it. I have no idea how old the movie is, but I'd guess it was filmed in the last 15 years.

The scene is a short fight scene. Two dudes are in the middle of a fairly large group of people getting ready to exchange blows. One of the dudes is attempting to show off by doing a series of flips and other elaborate preparatory "moves." He's kind of flipping around like a jackass while the crowd eats it up. The second dude eventually responds by anticipating where he's going to land after one of these flips, walking over to said spot, and clocking dude #1 in the face just as he lands. The result is a one-shot "fight" that's over before it starts.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Also: dude.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Blakkout posted:

I'm trying to identify a movie based on the only scene I've seen, so I can find a video clip of it. I have no idea how old the movie is, but I'd guess it was filmed in the last 15 years.

The scene is a short fight scene. Two dudes are in the middle of a fairly large group of people getting ready to exchange blows. One of the dudes is attempting to show off by doing a series of flips and other elaborate preparatory "moves." He's kind of flipping around like a jackass while the crowd eats it up. The second dude eventually responds by anticipating where he's going to land after one of these flips, walking over to said spot, and clocking dude #1 in the face just as he lands. The result is a one-shot "fight" that's over before it starts.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Also: dude.

Is it these dudes going at it in Ong Bak?

jeremiah johnson
Nov 3, 2007
This?

Don't know what it's from.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Never Back Down.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.

jeremiah johnson posted:

This?

Don't know what it's from.

Imasalmon posted:

Never Back Down.

It is indeed this. Thanks! This was killing me.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
This just popped into my head this morning.

It must be a fantasy movie of some sort. There's a character introduced who has his mouth sewn shut. Someone (maybe the main character?) cuts the stitches that had been holding his mouth shut. He might spit out dust or something, because his mouth has been sewn shut for so long. For some time afterward, I seem to remember still being able to see the stitches around his mouth for the remainder of the movie.

I sort of remember this character being scary at first, but after he's able to speak he's actually nice. Is this familiar to anyone?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
You're probably thinking of the zombie from Hocus Pocus, played by Doug Jones.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Thank you so much, that's exactly it. No wonder I couldn't think of it, I've never actually seen that movie all the way through but they played it non-stop on Disney when I was a kid. Thanks!

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Sir Nose posted:

Or this guy?

That looks cool, where is it from?

Botman
Mar 3, 2006
DASH DASH DASH!!!!
This isn't really a "movie" per se, but it is on VHS, and this thread is the closest "Identify _____ for me" thread that fits it, AFAIK.

This was a educational math video I would rent from the library in the 90s. It mainly covered multiplication and division.

The story took place at a math themed TV network that was holding a telethon. The president of the network was literally a person named "Mr. Pennypincher". One of the prizes of the telethon was the chance to win a date with some person who was a parody of Prince. (A prize that he himself won.) Also there was a musical act that sang a country song called "The Angels took my Daddy away", and after it was over, it turned out they were referring to the baseball team, who took their father to Disneyland. I also think the MC of the telethon might have been impersonating Casey Kasem.

I realize that an edutainment VHS tape might be an unconventional subject for this thread, but I'd be eternally grateful if anyone can put a name to this.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

That looks cool, where is it from?

The Atomic Submarine

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Ok, guys, I need some help here.

I watched this film in elementary school, maybe 15ish years ago. It was a nature film about one man surviving in the wilderness alone - I feel like almost the entire film was just him, by himself. The film itself I think was made in the '70s - I don't *think* it was made earlier than that - but I suppose it could also have been made in the '80s. I don't *think* the film starred anyone recognizable in the lead role, at least when I was 10 I didn't recognize him.

One thing I remember was that we were warned that there was a potentially "offensive" scene, which is when the main male character goes swimming at one point and there was a brief shot of frontal male nudity. This was a fairly progressive school I went to (which was why we were watching this in the first place I guess) but they still warned us and said we could look away or whatever if we felt we might be offended. But I'm almost positive the film was still rated PG or even G, so I don't know if that helps.

I just spent like half an hour relentlessly combing through various Google searches for one-man nature/survival films and I just cannot seem to find the right one. But I remember *nothing* of the title so I might have glanced over it, I really don't know. I don't even know if this film was ever "officially" released or if it was, like, some PBS special.

So anyway, that's all the info I can think of. I'm really hoping you guys can come through because this has been bothering me for at least a decade. Help please :(

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

kaworu posted:

Ok, guys, I need some help here.

I watched this film in elementary school, maybe 15ish years ago. It was a nature film about one man surviving in the wilderness alone - I feel like almost the entire film was just him, by himself. The film itself I think was made in the '70s - I don't *think* it was made earlier than that - but I suppose it could also have been made in the '80s. I don't *think* the film starred anyone recognizable in the lead role, at least when I was 10 I didn't recognize him.

One thing I remember was that we were warned that there was a potentially "offensive" scene, which is when the main male character goes swimming at one point and there was a brief shot of frontal male nudity. This was a fairly progressive school I went to (which was why we were watching this in the first place I guess) but they still warned us and said we could look away or whatever if we felt we might be offended. But I'm almost positive the film was still rated PG or even G, so I don't know if that helps.

I just spent like half an hour relentlessly combing through various Google searches for one-man nature/survival films and I just cannot seem to find the right one. But I remember *nothing* of the title so I might have glanced over it, I really don't know. I don't even know if this film was ever "officially" released or if it was, like, some PBS special.

So anyway, that's all the info I can think of. I'm really hoping you guys can come through because this has been bothering me for at least a decade. Help please :(

Could it be Robinson Crusoe?

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics
Never Cry Wolf?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086005/

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

YES. It was this. Absolutely 100% this. Thank you so much!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This was a movie I saw on TV but it might have been in theatres, too. It was years ago like we're talking the 90s here so I remember only really distinct moments in the movie. It was about a couple where the man was a doctor and MAYBE the wife as well? And the dad's dad was still alive and at certain moments in the movie it shows them celebrating his 100th, 101st, and 102nd birthday.

At one point the couple's kid is sick and the wife goes out to get medicine but during her drive she ends up in a car accident and there's a scene where they're operating on her in the hospital and the man is pacing back and forth anxiously and at one point he tries to get permission to operate her on himself. I'm pretty sure she ends up dying.

That's all I remember, I don't even remember the overall plot of the movie either or if it was a made-for-TV or not.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I was just watching another movie, and a scene from one occurred to me. I just can't place it. Its some sort of Apocalyptic movie, and the gang is in a car. They end up getting mobbed by some generally terrified people, who steal the car. Car then drives off a bit before someone else jumps in the car and kills the previous high jacker.

This is really bugging me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I was just watching another movie, and a scene from one occurred to me. I just can't place it. Its some sort of Apocalyptic movie, and the gang is in a car. They end up getting mobbed by some generally terrified people, who steal the car. Car then drives off a bit before someone else jumps in the car and kills the previous high jacker.

This is really bugging me.

Except for the "gang", unless you mean it as in Scooby Doo, that sounds like War of the Worlds.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Except for the "gang", unless you mean it as in Scooby Doo, that sounds like War of the Worlds.

That's exactly what I thought it was! Thanks

robotuprising
Oct 8, 2012
Alright, I know no one will be able able to solve this one probably because I only remember one scene and it was most likely a lovely straight to dvd movie. The one scene I remember is a teenager walks in to a dance type event where this black guy is singing a song with the lyrics 'crazy step' to what I think is the tune of 'Wild Thing'.
After this everything else is fuzzy. I think he may of knew the lyrics were wrong and said something but this could be false.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I recall a scene where a guy and a woman are in a car, the man in the passenger seat, and they're pulled off on the side of the road. He kills her for whatever reason, but he sees a car coming down the road, so he kisses her so the passersby don't get suspicious. It may have been a cop car coming by, and he may have shot her in the head and had to put his hand over the wound to cover it, but I'm not sure about either of those details.

Another movie is about a man that gets in an accident and loses part of his memory to some extent. I think he starts getting suspicious of his wife at some point, and starts following someone around, maybe someone he thinks she's cheating on him with. But it turns out the person he's following is his wife or some such thing. He's also trying to solve some murder, and it turns out, at the end, that he killed the guy, who might have been his twin brother. I remember the big reveal comes when he and someone else, I think his wife who might have been in on the murder, find the body. I recall the body was being kept in a vat of preservative, either in an abandoned factory or in a derelict ship, and they pull the body out and it's pretty well-preserved. I seem to recall the body looked just like the guy, which is why I think it's his twin, but the years just might be making the memory hazy.

Both of these I would have seen in the early-90s or so.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Detective Thompson posted:

Another movie is about a man that gets in an accident and loses part of his memory to some extent. I think he starts getting suspicious of his wife at some point, and starts following someone around, maybe someone he thinks she's cheating on him with. But it turns out the person he's following is his wife or some such thing. He's also trying to solve some murder, and it turns out, at the end, that he killed the guy, who might have been his twin brother. I remember the big reveal comes when he and someone else, I think his wife who might have been in on the murder, find the body. I recall the body was being kept in a vat of preservative, either in an abandoned factory or in a derelict ship, and they pull the body out and it's pretty well-preserved. I seem to recall the body looked just like the guy, which is why I think it's his twin, but the years just might be making the memory hazy.

This sounds like it could be Shattered with Tom Berenger.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102900/

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

robotuprising posted:

Alright, I know no one will be able able to solve this one probably because I only remember one scene and it was most likely a lovely straight to dvd movie. The one scene I remember is a teenager walks in to a dance type event where this black guy is singing a song with the lyrics 'crazy step' to what I think is the tune of 'Wild Thing'.
After this everything else is fuzzy. I think he may of knew the lyrics were wrong and said something but this could be false.

You could be thinking of the 2006 80's parody movie Totally Awesome. It was made by VH1 and aired (AFAIK) exclusively on VH1 for a while. There's a scene where Tone Loc (of "Wild Thing" fame) is singing a parody version of "Wild Thing" called "Crazy Stuff".

You can see here that the song "Crazy Stuff" is in Totally Awesome. You can probably find the video on youtube if you search for "totally awesome tone loc crazy stuff". I'm at work so youtube is blocked.

robotuprising
Oct 8, 2012

Seaniqua posted:

You could be thinking of the 2006 80's parody movie Totally Awesome.

Oh god that's it! I never thought it was actually Tone Loc in it so I just never bothered to look his movie credits up. It's pretty bad but I enjoyed it again, thanks!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Captain Equinox posted:

This sounds like it could be Shattered with Tom Berenger.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102900/

Yes, I believe you are correct. Thanks!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Vague as poo poo but here I go:

Some dude's voice over: [A number]. [Same number repeated.] [Something about how that's how much his life is worth or something like that]

The theme was that his life had been reduced to a dollar amount, like a bounty or money he'd need a la Walter White. You're given the impression he thinks it's too low. Also, he was grizzled.

I'm having such a problem with this one.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

Payback?

vrao81
Nov 16, 2004

TheHistoryChannel posted:

Morgan freeman is a surprise villan seen boarding a train in the last scene and its very shocking. The movie was a thriller.

Sorry there isn't mroe info this is all my mom gave me. Ill be amazed if someone can get this one.

I think this is Switchback with Danny Glover, not Morgan Freeman

vrao81
Nov 16, 2004

Nick Cage posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw probably about 10-12 years ago.

It's an asian film but I can't remember where from (maybe korea.) At the beginning a young guy goes to work in an office, has a fight with his boss and quits. He steals the bosses car and goes to a fast food place to pick up a girl.

They decide to run away and then a bunch of stuff happens that I can't remember too well. At some point they get another car and they find guns in the back. They stop on a highway and shoot the poo poo out of a street sign. Then I think the guns owners chase after them.

It seems like enough information that google might help but nope.

This sounds like Adrenaline Drive

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007
This was a Freaky Friday ripoff where a father and son switch places. The father smoked a pipe and when he was in son's body he still carried it around because apparently the writers thought we were too stupid to realize what was going on. Also partly took place at some sort of summer camp?

Probably made mid to late 1980s.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Like Father Like Son?

Edit: Or 18 Again or possibly Vice Versa which were all made at around the same time.

MrGreenShirt fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 18, 2012

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Glass Joe posted:

This was a Freaky Friday ripoff where a father and son switch places. The father smoked a pipe and when he was in son's body he still carried it around because apparently the writers thought we were too stupid to realize what was going on. Also partly took place at some sort of summer camp?

Probably made mid to late 1980s.

Could be Summer Switch which was actually the sequel to Freaky Friday and featured the brother and dad. Half the book centers on how the dad dealt with summer camp. It was apparently made into an Afterschool Special in the '80s but I've never seen it so I can't confirm the pipe detail. If it's not that, maybe Like Father Like Son which starred Dudley Moore and Kirk Cameron.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

wheatpuppy posted:

Could be Summer Switch which was actually the sequel to Freaky Friday and featured the brother and dad.

That's it, thanks. Youtube confirms the presence of pipe!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I remember seeing a trailer once a while back and it popped into my head a while ago and I've been driving myself crazy trying to remember it. All I remember is the trailer visually reminded me at times of the character intros from Snatch, and that it took place primarily in a desert-type area, and there was an observatory that may or may not have been underground. Something to do with space or astronomy or something, at any rate. I remember seeing it on the Apple trailers page.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
I'm sure I asked about this movie here years ago, didn't write down the correct answer then stupidly forgot it again. I remember watching it on the TV, probably in the late 90s (I'm guessing the movie was from the early-mid 90s and maybe had a made-for-tv look to it).

It's about a man who thinks he saw his doppelgänger, he tells his wife and she dismisses it. He sees him several more times and is convinced something weird is afoot. Eventually, he befriends the other man and they try to work out what's going on (think they were two of many clones or something). Somewhere along the line it becomes clear that the doppelgänger is bad news. The film concludes with a fight in which each man tries to convince the wife that he's 'the real one', ending with one dying. The final shot / twist shows the surviving man - who the wife is satisfied is her husband - flipping a coin over his knuckles (a bit of characterisation that was earlier used to establish the 'bad' doppelgänger). Spooky.

I might be a bit off with some of the details but I'm pretty confident I've got the ending correct.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I remember seeing a trailer once a while back and it popped into my head a while ago and I've been driving myself crazy trying to remember it. All I remember is the trailer visually reminded me at times of the character intros from Snatch, and that it took place primarily in a desert-type area, and there was an observatory that may or may not have been underground. Something to do with space or astronomy or something, at any rate. I remember seeing it on the Apple trailers page.

Sounds a fair bit like The Big Bang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwntbsRIYNs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Tenterhooks posted:

I'm sure I asked about this movie here years ago, didn't write down the correct answer then stupidly forgot it again. I remember watching it on the TV, probably in the late 90s (I'm guessing the movie was from the early-mid 90s and maybe had a made-for-tv look to it).

It's about a man who thinks he saw his doppelgänger, he tells his wife and she dismisses it. He sees him several more times and is convinced something weird is afoot. Eventually, he befriends the other man and they try to work out what's going on (think they were two of many clones or something). Somewhere along the line it becomes clear that the doppelgänger is bad news. The film concludes with a fight in which each man tries to convince the wife that he's 'the real one', ending with one dying. The final shot / twist shows the surviving man - who the wife is satisfied is her husband - flipping a coin over his knuckles (a bit of characterisation that was earlier used to establish the 'bad' doppelgänger). Spooky.

I might be a bit off with some of the details but I'm pretty confident I've got the ending correct.

Could be Natural Selection.