Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

2ndclasscitizen posted:

sounding like an F1 car doing 60kph).

I thought this was the entire point of getting one of those bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timn
Mar 16, 2010

SaNChEzZ posted:

/babby bike rant

This is why I've found the Ninja 300 far more tempting than it probably should be. Slow enough to let you WOT up through the first couple gears while staying relatively safe/legal, extra power and midrange for practicality, fantastic styling, and extra tech like EFI, slipper clutch, and ABS.

And yet, the $5,500 MSRP is incredibly hard to justify when something like the CBR500R is supposed to retail for nearly the same. Vanilla but sensible starts to win out and guess-I'll-just-get-a-used-SV. :sigh:

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

I'm just glad we're finally kicking all the carburetors to the curb and putting EFI on everything across the board. My "beginner bike" search was pretty much limited to the Ninja 650 and 2003+ SV650 because I absolutely did not want a carbed bike.

Fortunately I love my 650R.

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream
New Images of the KTM SuperDuke 1290 got released.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Those are some wonderfully scrubbed slicks.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
For all you complaining that we aren't getting crazy-powerful 250s or 500s or whatever just remember that except for models carried over from the 1980s (EX250, EX500, GS500, TU250, all the 250 cruisers) we haven't gotten ANY 250-500 bikes of note in many years, until very recently.

The market would never have insane 250s without already having established sane 250s. We gotta start (over) somewhere.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Request: Does anyone have the mootmoot video?

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

nsaP posted:

Request: Does anyone have the mootmoot video?

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIg85OlXh0I

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
No, mootmoot isn't anywhere near that cool.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Our favorite lovable urchins are back, this time it's a day in the life of WOW BOY chino, he is such a stylish rapscallion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1C4A-D6p1M

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Their name is stupid and I hate the badboy act, but goddamn those wheelies are legit.

edit: still don't understand the dead arm swing thing

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

AncientTV posted:

Their name is stupid and I hate the badboy act, but goddamn those wheelies are legit.

edit: still don't understand the dead arm swing thing

Haters can't comprehend.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lil baby anime posted:

I thought this was the entire point of getting one of those bikes.

Yeah, I kind of like the idea of a bike that's just puttering casually away from a stoplight at an average sports car's redline.

Also, four little baby pistons smaller than those in an entry level vespa :3:

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.

Collateral Damage posted:

Dirtbike running on compressed air out of "standard" (assuming 200 bar, 15 litres) scuba tank. Interesting, although I think the quoted 100km range, 140kph top speed is a tad optimistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXVH-r684o

I bet if you landed on a sharp rock that bike would take off like a rocket ship.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, I kind of like the idea of a bike that's just puttering casually away from a stoplight at an average sports car's redline.

Also, four little baby pistons smaller than those in an entry level vespa :3:

It's cool that you like the idea, cause that sounds like the least fun bike ever to ride.

Some comedian's bike.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

The wheels on that Superduke 1290 are loving gorgeous and I will pay lots of money to put them on my Duke 390 when I buy it.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

HNasty posted:

It's cool that you like the idea, cause that sounds like the least fun bike ever to ride.

They're pretty fun actually

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

People disagree over what's more fun to ride, small and nimble traffic torpedoes or bowel loosening torque monsters

NEWS AT ELEVEN

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

HNasty posted:

Some comedian's bike.

Ooh, here comes HNasty, Arbiter of Taste, Objectifier of Subjectivity, Ultimate Selector of All That Is Good and Worthy

What's up with the orange wire cage over the timing chains? Is there any reason at all to run the side open like that? I like the exhaust, though -- it looks like medieval plate armor.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

...and the other side of the tire had an even bigger chunk missing.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

Ooh, here comes HNasty, Arbiter of Taste, Objectifier of Subjectivity, Ultimate Selector of All That Is Good and Worthy

What's up with the orange wire cage over the timing chains? Is there any reason at all to run the side open like that? I like the exhaust, though -- it looks like medieval plate armor.

Those Ducati engines use belts, its not that uncommon to run the belts with a clear window or even open to the air for styles sake. The orange running graphics just show the path of the belts, I reckon.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

That's kind of too small to make out the stuff on the tyre clearly - is that a chunk missing up the top right of the rear tyre and the middle down to the threads inside?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
It was down to the threads about an inch wide the entire circumference with a 4" wide chunk down to the threads

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Someone buy me this as a title please. Also ya it's a ugly rear end belt cover, makes the bike look a bit silly but that aluminum tank cancels them out.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
With regards to smaller bikes, and relative fun-ness, I agree with James May on this; A car bike is at it's most fun when driven ridden near the edge of it's capabilities. Doing that is all but legally impossible outside of a track with most RR litre bikes.

PenguinScotty posted:

:aaa: Single side swing arm, and those loving wheels, and the exhaust and and and. FUUUCK.

KTM - We don't do subtle.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 14, 2012

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

Maybe he left the other piece of his tire at home with his helmet :downsrim:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

HNasty posted:

Some comedian's bike.

Goddamnit, I want that. Except with red where the gold is.
Is this a ZRX? :quagmire:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 14, 2012

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

BlackMK4 posted:

Is this a ZRX? :quagmire:

Nope, the current special edition-model Z1000 :fap:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sweet jesus, I need that in my life. Talking a metric fuckton of money here?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The current special-edition Z1000 is a normal Z1000 with a different paint-job. That's a one-off for bike shows.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N.../_/R-EPI-138609

But holy gently caress if it existed would I be looking to trade my Speed Triple in for one

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

ReelBigLizard posted:

With regards to smaller bikes, and relative fun-ness, I agree with James May on this; A car bike is at it's most fun when driven ridden near the edge of it's capabilities.

It's the whole more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow thing. I've had fast cars and they are great when you are on the track, on the street they are just ok. But a slow car is great on the track and pretty drat fun on any fun stretch of road.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'll agree with that as well. When I graduate my first purchase is gonna be a supermoto because not being able to take my bike more than 70% into its rev range without risking a speeding ticket is doing terrible things to my restraint. :geno:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ReelBigLizard posted:

With regards to smaller bikes, and relative fun-ness, I agree with James May on this; A car bike is at it's most fun when driven ridden near the edge of it's capabilities. Doing that is all but legally impossible outside of a track with most RR litre bikes.

:aaa: Single side swing arm, and those loving wheels, and the exhaust and and and. FUUUCK.

KTM - We don't do subtle.

For the record I'm not saying no small bikes are fun to ride, I love riding small singles and I think punchy twins in small cc and light weight would be lots of fun. What I'm specifically saying is small cc bikes with engines that need to revved to the sky to get them moving would not be much fun, imo.

A small bikes that's got tons of low down power but peters out at say 50MPH sounds like a much better ride.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Whoops someone left their Ducati parked out in the rain :laugh:

Anyway the 2013 RSV4R makes me think dark and unnatural thoughts (as does Max Biaggi but that's a matter for another thread in another forum):

Thumbnailed due to hugeness.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Looks like the new Caponord is coming with more RSV4 lookingness.

It's a step up in prettiness but, to be fair, the 1000 was no beauty queen.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

PenguinScotty posted:

What's up with the exhaust, there's something under the seat with an Akropovic label but the exhaust appears to be exiting near the wheel.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
My ride home from work. Cue Miami Vice / Hotline Miami soundtrack.

PS: that speed is in km/h - HARDCORE

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aargh posted:

What's up with the exhaust, there's something under the seat with an Akropovic label but the exhaust appears to be exiting near the wheel.

Dual exit exhaust, one per cylinder.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sure is bizarre that it doesn't have the same exhaust can on each path, though. Or is there another Akrapovic hidden behind the carbon fiber or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Looks like it. Keep in mind that's just a concept, it'll need a cat if it's ever sold state side. But being KTM, it'll be an easy fix!