Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Armor-Piercing posted:

Maybe they're trying to time them close to the Persona 4 Arena release.

European Atlus releases are like buses...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CottonWolf posted:

European Atlus releases are like buses...

Four buses on the edge of a desert, to be specific.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
With P4G coming out next week I figured it was finally time to finish P3P. I got it when it came out, but having played P3FES through already I just kept getting side tracked by other games. I have been playing it on the bus for about a month and finally finished it today.

The final fight was pretty epic, in that I nearly lost. I have been playing through on maniac mode and used vorpal blade to cheese my way through the last half of tartarus. Thus I might have been a little under leveled. I was also using a party consisting of Ken, the dog, and Mitsuru for some reason.

Anyways I was on the final form of the boss and things were going well. The boss was at pretty low life and I still had plenty of somas an other items. Then the unthinkable happened. The boss used a move (nightflower or something) that did a bunch of damage and gives status aliments. To my horror it gave Ken and Mitsuru fear and the MC and Koromaru enrage. Mitsuru coward in fear and I only got to choose what Ken did. As I was low on life and fairly certain I could not make it through another round of attacks I popped a soma, leaving my entire party with status effects.

The Boss proceeded to critical hit my team and kill everyone... except the main character who survived thanks to endure. Thus I had a 1 hp enraged MC... Who managed to kill the boss with her next two attacks...

I was almost so mad... and then I was so happy. I love Persona...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

This is kinda relevant to people who want a Vita for Persona 4 Golden but don't want to buy it for one game:

If you have Playstation Plus ($50 a year, $18 3 months) You get these Vita games for free now:

Uncharted
Wipeout
Gravity Rush
Jet Set Radio
PSP Game: Final Fantasy Tactics

So if you already have PS+ on PS3, you'll get all of those for free when you buy a Vita. If you don't, you can get all of those for the price of a membership instead of $140 or whatever it is.

EU gets free stuff too but it's not the same list. Persona 4 Golden is coming out late in the EU (of course), but the Vita is region-free so you can buy the US cart and pop it in, or download it on PSN with a US account.

A lot of places are supposed to be selling Vitas bundled with games and a memory card for $200 in the US on Black Friday.

Also I think the PSP Persona games are still on sale on the PSN, so if you pick up a Vita you can throw on P3P and Persona 2 on it for like, $20 combined. Vita plays PS1 games now too, played through all of FF9 on it again recently.

It might be time to get one!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Hey remember Shin Megami Tensei IV, the game we haven't heard anything about since like Tokyo Game Show? There's nothing particularly interesting in the article though. It just goes on a bit about Samurai and their Secret Mission To Destroy All Demons and mentions that you can recruit demons.

New folks:

Issachar, the dude with the ponytail, since there was that piece of art from one of the trailers where he's standing on a hillside with the protagonist. Maybe he'll be like the one character who doesn't turn into an overzealous dickbag.

Nothing new here, but they are using the really old, Devil Summoner-era design for Yomotsu Shikome.

This is the only screenshot from the scans that's both interesting and not already present in the web article. I mean, it's just some old dude standing in front of a house, but it's a location we haven't seen yet.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Calling it now, Issacar is Aleph

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TurnipFritter posted:

Maybe he'll be like the one character who doesn't turn into an overzealous dickbag.

I'm trying to think of a character in the SMT games who hasn't done this and so far the only thing coming to mind is Commander Gore in that sweet rear end tux.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I'm trying to think of a character in the SMT games who hasn't done this and so far the only thing coming to mind is Commander Gore in that sweet rear end tux.

In the old, pre-Nocturne days, the main character usually had a partner who was generally creepily attached to him, so I was thinking he might end up being like that? But then I got to thinking that no, he'll probably end up either being a sacrificial lamb killed off at the beginning of the game or he'll turn out to be the absolute worst dickbag that ever dickbagged.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

You know you've been playing too much Persona when you're seriously considering buying a full tarot deck. :getin:

Did they ever make a Persona version of the deck? I would legit non-ironically buy one of those. I love the style of the cards in the game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So how long does it take for Gamestop to ship things? I'm figuring I won't have P4 until the week after it comes out at the earliest.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually remember getting Persona 4 on PS2 delivered to my house on release date when I ordered from Gamestop and getting that awesome art book too. I don't know if they've changed in the past four years though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is that Tiamat as a regular encounter? The hell.

quote:

Arthur was also really cool.

But hey, maybe the Law and Chaos guys won't be so bad in this, right?

...:(

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 15, 2012

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

You know you've been playing too much Persona when you're seriously considering buying a full tarot deck. :getin:

Did they ever make a Persona version of the deck? I would legit non-ironically buy one of those. I love the style of the cards in the game.

I don't think there has ever been an official release of the complete Persona themed tarot deck even in Japan. But I'm probably wrong because that sounds like the easiest money that was ever printed.

My hazy memory seems to recall some of them being packed in with some limited edition of the recent Persona games, but I might be thinking of another series honestly.

If you're really adamant about it PDF's are out there and you can print them out on card stock or something.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If anyone is interested, I'm trying to offload a copy of Devil Summoner 1 (complete) in SAmart:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3517068

Pass it on if you know someone who may be interested.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Pollyanna posted:

I've bought five. And if they made a Persona-themed one I would buy that too, in a goddamned heartbeat.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think it was Dishonored that packaged a deck as a preorder bonus recently, IIRC. And the PDF idea isn't so bad, but I don't have the professional tools available to make it come out well.

The deck is based on Rider, right? (Save whatever weirdness P3P and P4G are doing)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Preordering games from the Gamestop website is a pain in the rear end and I hope they never force me to do it again. I traded games in for a giftcard to put towards my preorder for P4SG because the employee said I should be able to add it to the order. There isn't an option for that so I had to call the 1800 number which hangs up on you if there's too many people on hold already so it took me two hours to get to wait on hold. Then I waited on hold for a half hour until a lady took my gift card info and "applied" it to my transaction. Checked the bank today and nope she didn't do that all. Ah well at least I can go buy the new Layton game now.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
So is anyone putting out a strategy guide for Golden? I do a lot of my gaming on the train where my phone doesn't get internet, and it'd be really useful for sperging out and getting my social links done perfectly.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

If I buy P3P on the PSN can I copy my saves from the PSP over to the Vita? I might do that if that's the case.

Edit: Double question. Do I need to keep PS+ to keep those vita games? Or once I buy them it's mine for keeps?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PS+ is a rental service more or less. You can use the games as long as you pay up at the end of the billing period.

I'm pretty sure if you already have P3P on the PSN you don't have to buy it again on the Vita. Not sure about the game saves though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dehry posted:

PS+ is a rental service more or less. You can use the games as long as you pay up at the end of the billing period.

I'm pretty sure if you already have P3P on the PSN you don't have to buy it again on the Vita. Not sure about the game saves though.

I have a hard copy of P3P already so I would have to buy it but I'm not gonna worry if I have to redo all the 100+ hours

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I have a question about something strange (even in the Persona universe.) I was watching someone play Persona 3 FES on Twitch. They reached the Fortune/Strength boss, and Strength ended up getting killed by a Physical Attack it made getting reflected back in its face. Now the strange part. Instead of Fortune being made a target like what should happen, an invisible target with the name Metis 'showed up.' When it was attacked, the person walked up to the center of the field, then turned right back around and walked back to his spot in the battle formation. The other party members did the same. (Fortune still used his normal wheel) I'm wondering if this is some unknown glitch that has just been unearthed or what. The person playing didn't try to scan it, just reset out of rage.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Sounds like he triggered a strange bug. The original game had serious issues with reflect attacks - so it's possible that he triggered that scenario and instead of the game crashing (like it did in the original), it created a "Metis" enemy as a "catch". Too bad it still makes the battle unwinnable.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Maybe if he had dropped Fortune to zero with the roulette it would have disappeared.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
How? Fortune was not a target. Unless you're saying there's a spot on the wheel that instant-kills the boss?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Len posted:

If I buy P3P on the PSN can I copy my saves from the PSP over to the Vita? I might do that if that's the case.

Yes. That's what I did.

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

RadicalR posted:

How? Fortune was not a target. Unless you're saying there's a spot on the wheel that instant-kills the boss?

There's always Ghastly Wail. Although I'm unsure if that would have worked. Sounds like a weird bug!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dr Pepper posted:

Yes. That's what I did.

Sold.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Worldwide Panther posted:

There's always Ghastly Wail. Although I'm unsure if that would have worked. Sounds like a weird bug!

Fortune was not a legal target. Fortune spun the ailments wheel as his final turn, it stopped on Panic - Enemies, and nothing happened.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DeathBySpoon posted:

So is anyone putting out a strategy guide for Golden? I do a lot of my gaming on the train where my phone doesn't get internet, and it'd be really useful for sperging out and getting my social links done perfectly.
I found this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/64630

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

DeathBySpoon posted:

Can't you just load an online faq beforehand on your phone? The lack of internet shouldn't be a problem then.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Len posted:

Edit: Double question. Do I need to keep PS+ to keep those vita games? Or once I buy them it's mine for keeps?

You can transfer saves but unless they've changed something recently you need to do some fiddling around to actually move them from one device to another.

Fortunately all the steps are simple:

1. Make a psp save on your Vita using a psp installed game.
2. Find the option in Vita settings to transfer save files to a PC; connect your Vita to a PC and transfer the files over.
3. Plug your PSP into your pc, find your PSP save file folder, and move the save files you want into the created folder. It's usually "My Documents/PS Vita/PSAVEDATA/(bunch of hex)". find that folder and make sure your created save is in there to be sure.
4. Plug your Vita back in, go to settings again, and this time transfer save files from the PC back to your Vita.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Meiteron posted:

You can transfer saves but unless they've changed something recently you need to do some fiddling around to actually move them from one device to another.

Fortunately all the steps are simple:

1. Make a psp save on your Vita using a psp installed game.
2. Find the option in Vita settings to transfer save files to a PC; connect your Vita to a PC and transfer the files over.
3. Plug your PSP into your pc, find your PSP save file folder, and move the save files you want into the created folder. It's usually "My Documents/PS Vita/PSAVEDATA/(bunch of hex)". find that folder and make sure your created save is in there to be sure.
4. Plug your Vita back in, go to settings again, and this time transfer save files from the PC back to your Vita.

Yeah did it a little bit ago and there's way too many steps. A P3P question though, what happens if you have a teammate leveled higher than when it starts learning abilities with it's upgraded persona? I may have ground a bit too much and don't have any teammates with skills left to learn at the point in the game I am.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Len posted:

Yeah did it a little bit ago and there's way too many steps. A P3P question though, what happens if you have a teammate leveled higher than when it starts learning abilities with it's upgraded persona? I may have ground a bit too much and don't have any teammates with skills left to learn at the point in the game I am.

They gain all of the skills automatically once their persona ascends.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MrAristocrates posted:

They gain all of the skills automatically once their persona ascends.

That is the best news! I can stop running around solo-MC then.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
I got bored and decided to do a quick cover of I'll Face Myself, so I figured I may as well post it here:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

DeathBySpoon posted:

I got bored and decided to do a quick cover of I'll Face Myself, so I figured I may as well post it here:

Dang, great job on it, man!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

DeathBySpoon posted:

Really liking this, good job.

Can't wait for this Tuesday.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

DeathBySpoon posted:

This is actually a pretty cool cover! It almost reminds me of the live albums they have out there!

Man, Tuesday cannot come fast enough. I just want to hear Shin Mitsuo Tensei in the actual game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Has anyone had a Golden ship from Gamestop yet? I have a pending charge but they haven't shipped yet and I'd really like to have it in time for Thanksgiving. That way I have something to play while ignoring my family between food servings.