Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I must be misunderstanding the panels where Gutz looks at the lamp before rolling over and we get a monologue from the SK. Has he lost his perception of light or something with his vision?

I know he is expected to be suffering from such things but has it occurred already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I think he was looking at the light and thinking about how he wouldn't be able to perceive it if he kept it up. He can still feel heat, as shown by his comment about the healing magic earlier in the chapter.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I like to read/skim threads from the beginning. I didn't get very far in this one since it turned into "this is updating too slowly" for several pages in a row, but I did find this:

I can't believe it's been four years since then. I only found out about this a year ago. :suicide:

MayLanh
Apr 16, 2012

by angerbot
Berserk 332

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The torrent (and Zetman) for those who are into that kind of thing.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
Miura!!!! :argh:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

That's pretty much my reaction right now.

Getting to Kubo levels of "nothing happened this chapter"

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I thought it was nice to see Rickert and Erica again, it feels like it's been years :v:

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 7, 2012

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
Good to see classic Berserk rearing it's head again.

What with the massive monster cock (gettit?).

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I'm going to blow (:v:) past your pun and take you seriously. It's a straight-up cocktrice. Not to be confused with the spherical FFXII ones. Do an image search.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hey, the moomins are back!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
While it is good to see that Rickert and Erica are alive and apparently helping move refugees out of the wilds and closer to civilization. What the crap Miura. That was barely a tease! :argh:

At least finish what you started and show the Cockatrice get an arrow through the head. Finish what you start man! Great art as usual.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

CAPTAIN KILL

Brought To You By posted:

While it is good to see that Rickert and Erica are alive and apparently helping move refugees out of the wilds and closer to civilization. What the crap Miura. That was barely a tease! :argh:

At least finish what you started and show the Cockatrice get an arrow through the head. Finish what you start man! Great art as usual.

I guess you could call this chapter a cock block.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

I guess you could call this chapter a cock block.

Or a cock tease.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I get the feeling Rickert is going to be our POV for a tour of Griffith's new digs. His Old-Band-of-the-Hawk rep might get him some credit to poke around where other people wouldn't get to.

What I'm trying to say is he's going to die

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The chapter title was a cruel, cruel joke.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Come on, guys. There's no way Miura would just go on hiatus for months keeping everyone in suspense like that. With the new arc starting now and the cliffhanger in this chapter, I'm sure Miura will have to buckle down to it and restart pretty soon! Right guys?

Right? :ohdear:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Clearly you don 't know Miura very well. I swear I will be 40 years old and Berserk will STILL not be done.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Unless he lives a very long life without retiring, Miura probably won't ever complete Berserk. Guy got too ambitious, is all.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Well I'm glad it's finally moving along to the next arc. Who are Rickert and Erica again?

vv Thanks!

GoldenNugget fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 8, 2012

Very Notable
Oct 10, 2012

People who know fear are that much harder to kill.

GoldenNugget posted:

Well I'm glad it's finally moving along to the next arc. Who are Rickert and Erica again?
A fine question. They're the two young-in's that stayed with the blacksmith who made Guts' sword before he passed away from being old. Rickert was part of the old Band of the Hawk even and was fortunate enough not to be in the eclipse. I seem to remember Corkus always picking on Rickert. Oh and yeah Erica would be the old blacksmith Godo's adopted daughter so that's where she first comes from.

At least that's what I remember.

Very Notable fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 7, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You may remember her as "Erica says: watch out for your balls! Ching-ching! Ching-ching!"

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

You may remember her as "Erica says: watch out for your balls! Ching-ching! Ching-ching!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaAiSWXRCiI&t=3m30s

I just rewatched most of the outtakes, thanks for reminding me!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

Literally the only thing I remembered about her. :sigh: It's been so long.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Miura is so crazy. Every page in that chapter is like a Gustav Dore print.

But as much as I love all that crazy detail, I wish he would tune it down a little to get the chapters out faster. But he's probably too obsessive for that.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

This is just astonishing. Mirua's work belongs in museums.

Niccy Bones
Mar 27, 2011
http://special.movies.yahoo.co.jp/detail/20121116136953/

Full trailer for Golden Age Arc III.

golly.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Yeah, the movies have looked pretty nice so far, but I think it's fair to say that the true Berserk starts now :black101:

Shame it'll be like July before I get to see it

Also, it seems like everybody who was hoping Wyald would show up is gonna be disappointed

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 16, 2012

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
:drat: Oh god, this trailer is so beautiful it gives me goosebumps.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Man, that trailer looks rad. Even the CG has improved from the previous movies.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Also, it seems like everybody who was hoping Wyald would show up is gonna be disappointed

Noooo, my ENJOYMENT AND EXCITEMENT! :qq:

Though I'd love to see that sick bastard in animated form, Wyald is not ultimately important to the plot. He's just there to show how horrible the world is and how evil people usually get ahead in life on the backs of their innocent victims, but the Eclipse does the same thing better. I'm sure they had to cut some stuff out for runtime (and maybe content), and some vile motherfucker who just rapes and murders people all the time would be the first on the chopping block.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
Is the second movie translated yet?

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

CAPTAIN KILL

There are going to be more Berserk movies, right?

Right?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

Is the second movie translated yet?

It's not out on home video in Japan until next month

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Right?
There are indeed, as the films are intended to adapt the entire series if I remember correctly. And because the intro showed images of people like Serpico, and I'd like to believe that wasn't just a horrible tease.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

The trailer looks great. The fact there's almost certainly no Wyald does annoy me though. I doubt they'll ever have the chance to include him in a version of the series again.

The main reason I want him in is because it's basically Guts' first fight to the death with an apostle. The first time he's able to show he can stand up to a transformed one and win.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Right?

I heard they were doing pretty decently so probably.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I heard they're doing The Lost Children arc next. Honestly I'm completely fine if they skip the first 3 volumes. They'll have to introduce Puck at some point, but those first 3 volumes are not all that good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first three volumes are pretty much 'look how lovely Guts life is' before moving on to why his life is that lovely.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Say, when is the english dub for the first film coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Say, when is the english dub for the first film coming out?
The 27th, on both DVD and Blu-Ray. I'm glad they were able to get the (main, at least) cast back, it felt like the original dub was spot-on.