Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Let's listen to Smasher, Ruth to DH and Moseby to RF!

Play-off Roster

Batting:
#1: John Olerud (1B)
#2: Duke Snider (CF)
#3: Lou Whitaker (2B)
#4: Babe Ruth (DH)
#5: Scott Rolen (3B)
#6: Lloyd Moseby (RF)
#7: Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
#8: Al Simmons (LF)
#9: Ted Simmons (C) Daulton will catch for Cy Young still.

Bench
Mark Grace (1B)
Saint Bellhorn (IF)
Jose Cruz (OF)
Darren Daulton (C)
Howard Johnson (3B/Lefty pinch hitter)

Pitching
#1: Jack McDowell (R)
#2: Sandy Koufax (L)
#3: Cy Young (R)
#4: Jeff Tesreau (R)
Closer: Rob Dibble
Setup: Rob Nenn
SR: Dave Smith
SR: Kazuhiro Sasaki
MR: Eri Yoshida
LR: Burleigh Grimes

May I wish good luck to all those competing in the gauntlet, I've been there and I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
In other news, the Gauntlet is starting tomorrow so...

EXPANSION OWNERS!

This is your last chance to enter picks for the first round of the Gauntlet!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Oh, poo poo, my picks!

Pick the winners, games (out of 5) and final score!

Burma Imperialists vs. Rockford Losers. Losers in 5, 5-1
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers vs. Dubai Dervishes. Finger-Bangers in 5, 2-0
Finger Lakes Phoenixes vs. Ryleh Cultists. Cultists in 3, 7-4
South Bolton Eazy W's vs. Chicago Bobbleheads. Eazy W's in 5, 6-4

Pick two teams to advance!
Idaho Potatoes
Old Hoss Radbourns
Poughkeepsie Superbas
Rated R Superstars

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Uh, picks:

Rockford Losers in 5, 6-2 final
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers in 4, 6-4 final
Ryleh Cultists in 5, 3-2 final
Chicago Bobbleheads in 3, 4-1 final

The Rated R Superstars and the Old Hoss Radbourns advance.

And then for actual team stuff:

Take Crawford off the DL and put him in the minors.

Set the lineup to:

1. CF - Ellsbury
2. 2B - Biggio
3. LF - Berkman
4. DH - Ortiz
5. 1B - Platoon Gonzalez/Gilkey
6. 3B - Youkilis
7. SS - Pedroia
8. RF - Flack
9. C - O'Farrell

Finally, make Salty the personal catcher for Oswalt.

e: I'm a moron.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 17, 2012

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

gingemidget posted:

second team in each matchup has home-field advantage

Burma Imperialists vs. Rockford Losers: Losers in 5, 2-1
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers vs. Dubai Dervishes: Bangers in 4, 4-2
Finger Lakes Phoenixes vs. Ryleh Cultists: Pheonixes in 4, 3-1
South Bolton Eazy W's vs. Chicago Bobbleheads: Bobbleheads in 5, 5-4

Idaho Potatoes
Old Hoss Radbourns
Poughkeepsie Superbas
Rated R Superstars

e: oops im retarded, fixed

Monicro fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 17, 2012

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Senerio posted:

Next time, show some respect.
Goddamn Koop leaving traps in his old work. I will show the Queens Mercuries the proper respect and fix the unfortunate typo.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Super-League VII Awards
I know these awards are made up and probably auto-generated by BBM, but how the gently caress did Frank Robinson get passed up for a Silver Slugger when he out hit Musial by every measure (especially the most important slugging measure, dingers)?

ToiletofSadness fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 17, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
It's just an accurate reflection of the BBWAA process. It's the intangibles man!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Something I've been thinking about for EC7: assuming the sims go smoothly up til the final month, it would be pretty cool to sim week-by-week at the end in order to heighten the drama (and give owners more control over) the playoff and first-pick races. Wouldn't even have to make full posts, just updated standings and lists of injured/tired players.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

EC Update in mini form

The results are in, and well, bad luck to the Hartford Whalers. The lead changed hand s frequently in the final month in one of the greatest pennant races of all time. Due to a fuckup on my part, the screenshots are corrupt. I have to go out for a bit now, so I will fix that later (ETA, 6 hours), but as an interim measure, here are the results.

And the playoff teams I need rosters for, here are your lineups, minus your pitchers because that is what is corrupt. Please give me both DH and no DH lineups.

Please highlight changes in bold.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 17, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
So here's the dispersal draft tentative standings?

1. Catalina (.393)
1. Spokane (.393)
3. Seattle (.436)
4. Florida (.442)
5. New England (.448)
6. Cuba (.454)
6. Venice Beach (.454)
8. Flushing (.470)
9. Philadelphia (.472)
10. San Juan (.479)
11. Oneida (.506)
12. New Orleans (.515)
13. Wausau (.519)
14. Hartford (.528)
15. Cleveland (.540)
16. Albany (.543)
17. Providence (.546)
18. Web 2.0 (.564)
19. Cancun (.636)

Only nineteen teams because Cells are ineligible

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 17, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

tatankatonk posted:

So here's the dispersal draft tentative standings?

1. Catalina (.393) - No DH
1. Spokane (.393) - DH

6. Cuba (.454) - DH
6. Venice Beach (.454) - No DH

SmasherDyanamo, these two pairs are exactly tied for win loss - what do you want as a tie breaker? I'm inclined to say the teams in the no DH league are actually worse because they didn't have to play the splinter cells and posted those win/loss totals.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

SmasherDyanamo, these two pairs are exactly tied for win loss - what do you want as a tie breaker? I'm inclined to say the teams in the no DH league are actually worse because they didn't have to play the splinter cells and posted those win/loss totals.

No! That is not how we break ties in Super-League!

Owners of the teams in ties!

Make your best case for why you deserve preferential treatment in the draft! Remember, just like in real life, the more hyperbolic your argument, the better you're doing.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I'm not in a tie, but I want to point out that teams at the bottom of the draft should be redistributed based on playoffs, e.g. the champion and runner up should be the last two picks and the other two playoff teams should be the picks before them.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Champ & runner-up get preferential picks, actually. I should know, I sucked, picked 3rd in the expansion draft to get Pujols and then magically turned it around to win my division & get Willie Mays for losing in the Finals.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Mornacale posted:

I'm not in a tie, but I want to point out that teams at the bottom of the draft should be redistributed based on playoffs, e.g. the champion and runner up should be the last two picks and the other two playoff teams should be the picks before them.

That I disagree with, because the relative talent level of a team is much more likely to come out over 162 games rather than a five or seven-game playoff series.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

How awful were RFs in the Smasher League that 37 year-old Gary Sheffield is Gold Glove worthy?

Play-off Roster

Line-up
1.) SS: Derek Jeter '06
2.) 1B: Mark Grace
3.) DH: Babe Ruth
4.) CF: Josh Hamilton
5.) 3B: Alex Rodriguez
6.) LF: Brian Giles
7.) C: Rudy York (Jorge Posada catches for Tom Glavine)
8.) RF: Bobby Abreu
9.) 2B: Charlie Gehringer (vs. RHP)/Craig Biggio (vs. LHP)

Bench
Jorge Posada
Craig Biggio
Hank Greenberg
Jason Giambi
Andruw Jones
Derek Jeter '10

Pitching
1.) Greg Maddux
2.) Curt Schilling
3.) Jason Schmidt
4.) Tom Glavine
CL: Rich Gossage
SU: Mariano Rivera
SR: Larry Andersen
SR: Norm Charlton
MR: Craig Lefferts
LR/Mopup: Mike Mussina

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Emperors

In addition to Collins and Cobb playing full time for the gauntlet, let's also change to a 4-man rotation and put in THE Thornton Lee for Johnson as the 4th Starter.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Hey, gingemidget, before I forget, thanks for the new banners, they're great and I really do think that add something to the thread.

Also, while I'm remembering things, it's that time of season again...

This Time!

As you know, the winner of the Super-League is entitled to demand a best-of-nine challenge series with the Macho Men, the invincible warriors crafted by my own hand to ensure that no team ever grows too dominant in the Super-League. If you win the challenge series, your team will have achieved the impossible, and be forever known as the team that conquerable the unconquerable, if you lose, your team is immediately permanently retired. The owner will be given a chance to build a new team out of the scraps of the last feeder team list published, and will be allowed to retain three players from their old team, but the team will be weaker that the championship club you just lost.

So, do any of you have the raw courage to take on this challenge if you win the Super-League? You don't have to decide today, but it's something to consider.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Oooooooooooooh. What does this team look like? Or can you not tell us because it's a secret?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

CraigK posted:

Oooooooooooooh. What does this team look like? Or can you not tell us because it's a secret?

You can go find their roster from the latest Macho Men challenge in the OP. But you won't beat them.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Smasher Dynamo posted:

That I disagree with, because the relative talent level of a team is much more likely to come out over 162 games rather than a five or seven-game playoff series.

Yeah, but any team good enough to make the playoffs, that then gets to guarantee adding an elite player with their #1 pick, is probably going to leapfrog the teams that don't. Let alone if Cleveland makes the finals and is still picking before a non-playoff team.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

tatankatonk posted:

You can go find their roster from the latest Macho Men challenge in the OP. But you won't beat them.

I can't beat the other Expansion League teams, but yeah, I can totally take on that team of scrubs :v:

Cool to see Eddie Joost on it; one of the most underappreciated shortstops ever. Had he been born 60 years later with his skill set, he'd have been a star.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

CraigK posted:

I can't beat the other Expansion League teams, but yeah, I can totally take on that team of scrubs :v:

Cool to see Eddie Joost on it; one of the most underappreciated shortstops ever. Had he been born 60 years later with his skill set, he'd have been a star.

Yeah, it's a cool team with some underrated players. Smasher built it out of the remaining feeder teams a bunch of seasons ago, so it's basically a bunch of guys from one and two point teams and a few players taken from teams they've relegated.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Mornacale posted:

Yeah, but any team good enough to make the playoffs, that then gets to guarantee adding an elite player with their #1 pick, is probably going to leapfrog the teams that don't. Let alone if Cleveland makes the finals and is still picking before a non-playoff team.

Yeah, I think a decent compromise would be that, since the 18th and 19th picks are going to be traded for 19th century stars anyway, they get moved down to the bottom of the draft board, and the 16th and 17th picks stay as-is. So if it's Cleveland and Providence in the finals, their picks get moved to the bottom, and the draft order looks like

1. Catalina (.393)
1. Spokane (.393)
3. Seattle (.436)
4. Florida (.442)
5. New England (.448)
6. Cuba (.454)
6. Venice Beach (.454)
8. Flushing (.470)
9. Philadelphia (.472)
10. San Juan (.479)
11. Oneida (.506)
12. New Orleans (.515)
13. Wausau (.519)
14. Hartford (.528)
15. Albany (.543)
16. Web 2.0 (.564)
17. Cancun (.636)
18. Cleveland (.540)
19. Providence (.546)

And draft order isn't even affected since the last two picks are going to be given up for the rights to like Dan Brouthers and King Kelly anyway.

I mean, I totally understand Smasher's point of 162 > 5 or 7, and yeah, for the teams that will actually be picking there, leave it like that, but it would be pretty unbalanced for Cleveland to be picking up a 19th C. star and getting the 34th and 53rd overall picks, while someone like the hypothetical Cancun team gets picks #19, #38, and #57 despite a much better W-L record.

TL;DR: put the two World Series at the bottom since they're each getting A 19th Century Guy anyway, let the losers of the LCS pick as is since they're not. The fact that they're getting what's the equivalent of like a Top-5 pick in the first is more than balanced out by the few-slot-drop they're getting. They're basically trading their 2nd and 3rd rounders down a few slots to move up 15 slots in the first.

CraigK fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Nov 17, 2012

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

CraigK posted:

Yeah, I think a decent compromise would be that, since the 18th and 19th picks are going to be traded for 19th century stars anyway, they get moved down to the bottom of the draft board, and the 16th and 17th picks stay as-is. So if it's Cleveland and Providence in the finals, their picks get moved to the bottom, and the draft order looks like

And draft order isn't even affected since the last two picks are going to be given up for the rights to like Dan Brouthers and King Kelly anyway.

I mean, I totally understand Smasher's point of 162 > 5 or 7, and yeah, for the teams that will actually be picking there, leave it like that, but it would be pretty unbalanced for Cleveland to be picking up a 19th C. star and getting the 34th and 53rd overall picks, while someone like the hypothetical Cancun team gets picks #19, #38, and #57 despite a much better W-L record.

TL;DR: put the two World Series at the bottom since they're each getting A 19th Century Guy anyway, let the losers of the LCS pick as is since they're not. The fact that they're getting what's the equivalent of like a Top-5 pick in the first is more than balanced out by the few-slot-drop they're getting. They're basically trading their 2nd and 3rd rounders down a few slots to move up 15 slots in the first.

You're missing the point that the whole reason the EC playoff teams get special picks is so there's some sort of reward for doing well in the Expansion Cup. In the absence of that, there would be a theoretical incentive to tank as much as possible to ensure a high pick. While that has not generally been a problem in the past, this is how we've been doing things for four or five seasons now (I don't think the first EC had prize picks). Also, 19th century players aren't even the best prizes we've had. None of them are going to have any power, as far as Mogul is concerned. So they're at max four-tool players.

Edit: And while this is slightly less true with the larger expansion cups lately, pretty much every first round pick is a top end player, considering the pool for the dispersal draft is four entire teams. Yes, a team getting a prize pick is going to get a better player than they otherwise would, the difference is generally not going to be that huge. Besides, if you're so worried about a team getting slightly advantageous picks, win the pick 'em. That's what the Dervishes did on top of going to the EC playoffs, netting Buck Leonard (the Black Lou Gehrig) from the prize pick and a prime Bob Gibson with the sandwich pick (which happened to be the next consecutive pick. Then again, that was also when we had only two single-division leagues so the two playoff teams were generally the teams with the two best records. Anyhow, jesus that was a lot of words. In summary, it's not nearly as big of an advantage as you think it is. Look at last season's EC, three of the playoff teams are in the Gauntlet after their first Super League campaign.

Beet fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 17, 2012

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Nooooooooooo. Oh well, 14th pick in the dispersal draft is not bad. Pretty cool that we were tied with 2 games to go in the season too. Congrats on the win Commies. :unsmith:

I did not think that this team would have ever competed for the EC playoffs, so this is making me feel pretty good about how we are going to fend in the Super League. There are some pretty big holes on my team, but I've already started addressing them with the Super Auction. Harmon Killebrew gives me a slugging 1B, and Vernon Wells allows me to fire Bernie Williams into the sun.

Still need to do something about Dave Cash and Paul O'Neill though...

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Okay, let's get crackin'

With DH
SS Wagner
RF Evans
LF Musial
DH Rice
1B Yastrzemski
CF Lynn
C Fisk
3B Bell
2B Schoendienst

No DH
SS Wagner
RF Evans
LF Musial
1B Rice
CF Lynn
C Fisk
2B Schoendienst
3B Bell
Pitcher

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

I almost forgot to actually post a roster for the DLDS. That wouldn't do at all.

Lineup (same vs. both):
1. LF Joe Jackson
2. RF Stan Musial
3. 2B Joe Morgan
4. 1B Buck Leonard
5. C Johnny Bench
6. CF Earl Averill
7. 3B Tony Perez
8. SS Ozzie Smith

Bench:
C Carlton Fisk
IF Dave Concepcion
3B Willie Kamm
3B Eddie Yost (I assume the auction trades aren't going through till after the postseason at this point)
C/IF Gene Tenace
OF Curtis Granderson

Rotation -- It says Perry is my next starter, which means Gibson pitched the last game of the season. What does that mean for my rotation for the series? How many days off are there before the start? In any event, assuming it starts the first day of October and there are travel days, we'll go like this:
SP1: Gaylord Perry
SP2: Burleigh Grimes
SP3: Bob Gibson
SP4: Roy Oswalt
Mopup: Wes Ferrell

If Gibson can actually pitch earlier, go for it, though I don't think anyone but Perry would be rested for game 5...

Bullpen:
CL: Rollie Fingers
SU: Hoyt Wilhelm
SR: John D'Acquisto
SR: Tom Hall
MR: Clay Carroll
LR: Gary Nolan

Also, if you don't mind, could you push up the Defensive Replacements slider to +4? I figure if I get a lead going in late innings my best bet is to try and stop them from scoring any more runs.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Gold Glove Gary Sheffield, huh?

:
Haply for you are Beet,
And have not those hard parts of power baseball
That the Bangers have; for you shall decline
Into the vale of seasons— and all too soon.
Be gone. I am abused, and my relief
Must be to loathe you.

DLDS Roster

2B Nap Lajoie
CF Duke Snider (discontinue the platoon)
RF Ted Williams
1B Frank Thomas
LF Barrificent Bonds
3B Edgar Martinez
C Yogi Berra/Thurman Munson
SS Pop Lloyd

UT Lance Berkman
IF Placido Polanco
1B John Olerud
PH Paul Konerko
OF Eric Davis

SP Addie Joss
SP Curt Schilling
SP Nolan Ryan
SP Joe Williams

CL '75 Rollie
SU '82 Rollie
SR Kerry Wood
SR John Hiller
MR Terry Mulholland
LR Dazzy Vance
Mop Orel Hershiser

Christ, I'm relying on my middle infield for offensive production. I can't trust Ortiz, sadly.

SLDS Roster

LF Rickey Henderson
2B Roberto Alomar
DH Lou Gehrig
RF Brian Giles
CF Max Carey
C Bill Dickey/Mike Piazza
1B Adrian Gonzalez
SS Barry Larkin
3B Red Rolfe

SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Joe Gordon
1B David Ortiz
OF Chet Lemon

SP Jim Bunning
SP Curt Schilling
SP Don Sutton
SP Carl Mays

CL '70 Rollie
SU Trevor Hoffman
SR Ed Roebuck
SR Alan Embree
MR Bobby Schantz
LR Lefty Gomez
Mop Chris Young

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pick Em!

Burma Imperialists vs. Rockford Losers in 4, 3-2
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers vs. Dubai Dervishes in 5, 5-1
Finger Lakes Phoenixes vs. Ryleh Cultists in 4, 5-3
South Bolton Eazy W's vs. Chicago Bobbleheads in 5, 4-2

Old Hoss Radbourns
Poughskeepie Superbas

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 17, 2012

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Pick Em!

Burma Imperialists vs. Rockford Losers in 5, 2-1
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers vs. Dubai Dervishes in 4, 5-1
Finger Lakes Phoenixes vs. Ryleh Cultists in 4, 5-4
South Bolton Eazy W's vs. Chicago Bobbleheads in 5, 5-1

Idaho Potatoes
Poughskeepie Superbas

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 17, 2012

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Pick Em!

Pick the winners, games (out of 5) and final
South Bolton Eazy W's vs. [b]Chicago Bobbleheads
in 6

Despite voting against me, I feel compelled to tell you that the Bobbleheads winning in 6 games in a 5 game series is pretty loving unlikely...

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pick Em!

Burma Imperialists vs. Rockford Losers in 5, 3-1
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers vs. Dubai Dervishes in 5, 2-1
Finger Lakes Phoenixes vs. Ryleh Cultists in 4, 5-2
South Bolton Eazy W's vs. Chicago Bobbleheads in 4, 2-0

Idaho Potatoes
Rated R Superstars

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

The Gauntlet: Where those teams who have failed themselves and the Super-League are pitted against each other in a multi-round race for survival. The winner is forgiven his sins and granted a place in Super-League VIII, where he once more has the chance to lead his team to a championship. But those who fall here are lost forever, cast in the darkness, never to rise again. The meek may inherit the Earth, but only the strong will survive the The Gauntlet.

Judgment!

: Hello, Grinnblade, it's me, the ghost of Ronald Reagan. You know, as I look back on my life, there are a few things that I'm pretty sure about. First, that trickle down economics is still a viable way of organizing the economy, as long as you're willing to accept that some poor people aren't going to make it. Second, that the Contras were really just freedom fighters, and their death squads really should have been called "life squads", as they were saving the Nicaraguan people from those Commie Sandinistas. And third, and this is probably most important to you, that Grover CLeveland Alexander, who I portrayed in 1952's The Winning Team, is a drat fine pitcher, and should be part of your Gauntlet rotation going forward. Well, thanks for listening to this old coot ramble on, it's been a pleasure. This is Dutch, signing off.

He who believeth in James Coburn can never die.

It was the last warm day in Poughkeepsie, at least that's what the papers said. Everett Thompson, shook his head, how could summer have come and gone this quickly? Still, it was warm now, and he was going to make the best of it, as winter would be here before too long.

Putting Ted Williams in a platoon, eh? Not the smartest thing you've ever done, The Goog.

Next Time!

Pick 'Em Never Dies!

Pick TWO!
Idaho Potatoes
Madison Mudholes
Poughkeepsie Superbas
Vice City Goose Eggs

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mentholmoose posted:

Uh, picks:

Rockford Losers in 5, 6-2 final
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers in 4, 6-4 final
Ryleh Cultists in 5, 3-2 final
Chicago Bobbleheads in 3, 4-1 final

The Rated R Superstars and the Old Hoss Radbourns advance.

And then for actual team stuff:

Take Crawford off the DL and put him in the minors.

Set the lineup to:

1. CF - Ellsbury
2. 2B - Biggio
3. LF - Berkman
4. DH - Ortiz
5. 1B - Platoon Gonzalez/Gilkey
6. 3B - Youkilis
7. SS - Pedroia
8. RF - Flack
9. C - O'Farrell

Finally, make Salty the personal catcher for Oswalt.

e: I'm a moron.

Hey, I totally thought these were seven game series. Whoops. I updated my predictions.

And it's nice to see I went 0-2 on the Gauntlet so far. Let's see if I can go 0-4.

Round 2 predictions:

Poughkeepsie Superbas and Madison Mudholes advance.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

2 - 0 in pick 'em so far :yotj:

Madison Mudholes and the Vice City Goose Eggs advance!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pick 'Em Never Dies!

Pick TWO!

Idaho Potatoes
Poughkeepsie Superbas

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Alas. If I thought for even a moment that the Superstars might have had a prayer against stiffer competition, I would be upset that they were relegated and a team with an identical record went on to play again. This grand experiment, that started with such promise and optimism, has come to an end. Goodbye, Superstars. Through your death, I hope you will bring my team new life.

On this day...I see clearly...

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Pick 'em Round 2:

Madison and Goose Eggs to advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
How the hell come the same David Aardsma I gave him mainly because he was sucking wind for me wound up halving his ERA in the superior league? You're a dick, Aardsma. :mad: