Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurking291230
Oct 17, 2012

Thwomp posted:

Is it just me or did all the Etta Resist posters only appear after they attempted to destroy that portal/timehole?

I'd have to watch that episode again but wasn't the alley they were in empty of the posters before they blew it up? Only following their attempt did Olivia turn around and notice all these Resist posters up?

Maybe in the future people realize that they can insert observer tech into themselves as easily as Peter did, and they start resisting them like he is. Time jumping and vandalism is implied, I guess.

Although there is the possibility that they may kill off the observers, and then BECOME the observers when they take their tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lurking291230 posted:

Maybe in the future people realize that they can insert observer tech into themselves as easily as Peter did, and they start resisting them like he is. Time jumping and vandalism is implied, I guess.

Although there is the possibility that they may kill off the observers, and then BECOME the observers when they take their tech.

I just figured that Peter made the mural with his new powers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Personally I want to know the story behind the Borg lady.

Syjefroi
Oct 6, 2003

I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.
Fringe was and has been refreshing to watch compared to a show like Lost because everything seems to go where you could guess it would. It has been very rewarding. The only thing I can think of that is currently dangling is "Mr. X" from the LSD episode, the man in the zeppelin. It's not really a big deal if he doesn't show up again, they just made it seem like he'd be important.

Sinz
Feb 17, 2011

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Syjefroi posted:

The only thing I can think of that is currently dangling is "Mr. X" from the LSD episode, the man in the zeppelin.

I think they showed that it was Bell in the episode that had the nanites or something like that and it showed that x's were Bell's signature. Bell was also the one that killed Olivia, as she stated that the man with the X was the one to kill her.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FlamingLiberal posted:

That was weird. Has there been anyone else with technology implanted into them besides the observers?

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Thwomp posted:

Is it just me or did all the Etta Resist posters only appear after they attempted to destroy that portal/timehole?

I'd have to watch that episode again but wasn't the alley they were in empty of the posters before they blew it up? Only following their attempt did Olivia turn around and notice all these Resist posters up?

I'm pretty sure you're right. It would have been really obvious unless they just framed things really tight until the reveal. I like the idea that the small actions are having a kind of cascade effect around the world, though that's probably just wishful thinking.

ODC
Jul 8, 2005

Is this sexy?

Syjefroi posted:

The only thing I can think of that is currently dangling is "Mr. X" from the LSD episode, the man in the zeppelin. It's not really a big deal if he doesn't show up again, they just made it seem like he'd be important.

In episode 1x04 there's some random guy running around with an Observer gun and he's wearing a toque with 4 little circles on it (colored Green-Green-Green-Red) who later kidnaps Peter and uses the wired version of the Observer's mind-reading tech to interrogate him. Broyles says his name is John Mosely and he killed some people in Seattle but beyond that we never find out where he got the tech and the cryptic hat from and we never find out why he wanted that vibrating probe/egg thing that shows up again in Season 4 to project September when he reveals to Peter he was home all along. September says he can't touch the probe himself so I'm thinking maybe Windmark and/or the people he works for sent that guy to get it for them and it was a failed attempt to stop Peter in the past. Interestingly at the beginning of this episode Peter says "this is the last one!".

Also I recently noticed in 1x03 when the first encounter the amber tech one of the first things Olivia does is extract a video camera from amber to help solve the case and then later on Peter brags about how he's good at reading people's tells.

ODC fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 13, 2012

ODC
Jul 8, 2005

Is this sexy?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Between her, the cube in the last episode, and the "Resistance is Futile" line in the premier, I'm wondering if JJ Abrams is hinting at a Borg movie coming up in his Star Trek series. Back in season one they had that crazy guy basically explain the plot to the first one so it's not like it would be the first time...

ODC
Jul 8, 2005

Is this sexy?
edit: double post

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
When did that happen?

ODC
Jul 8, 2005

Is this sexy?

Cojawfee posted:

When did that happen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_(Fringe)

"Olivia and Peter (Joshua Jackson) visit an agoraphobic website designer (Clint Howard) who is apparently aware of William Bell, the drug trials, and the coming war, although his credibility comes into question when he believes himself to be a character in the plot of Star Trek. Howard's character believes he is actually Spock, foreshadowing Leonard Nimoy's appearance in the next episode. Humorously enough, his character's name is Emmanuel Grayson. Spock's human mother's name was Amanda Grayson."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ha, that was Clint Howard who was in The Corbomite Maneuver.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Not only that, he said he was Spock on the run from time-traveling Romulans. The episode aired a week before the movie came out and it's a nifty bit of insider-info easter egg.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Cojawfee posted:

That was weird. Has there been anyone else with technology implanted into them besides the observers?

Nina Sharp, in like the second episode of the series, showed Olivia her bionic arm that William Bell made for her after she lost it (I think due to cancer?)

Dude with the Faraday Cage he implanted into himself in White Tulip, if that counts.

Edit: VV Forgot about that... VV

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 13, 2012

ODC
Jul 8, 2005

Is this sexy?

Shooting Blanks posted:

Nina Sharp, in like the second episode of the series, showed Olivia her bionic arm that William Bell made for her after she lost it (I think due to cancer?)

She says it's cancer but then we find out what really happened in the season 2 flashback episode when she tries to stop Walter from going to the other universe.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm disappointed we've seen so little of Nina and Broyles this season. Budget cutbacks?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm disappointed we've seen so little of Nina and Broyles this season. Budget cutbacks?

I believe so, but then again they are suppose to be old

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Yeah, they're not contracted as regulars this season for the budget. Nina is set to make at least one appearance in the next few weeks, and I'm sure they'll both be around for the finale.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002
Hey there's no such thing as bad press. :banjo:

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
I noticed Peter getting a little zoned-out hyper observant as soon as he showed up at the end at the last second. Like kinda staring at Olivia, it was a nice discreet touch.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

AwkwardKnob posted:

I noticed Peter getting a little zoned-out hyper observant as soon as he showed up at the end at the last second. Like kinda staring at Olivia, it was a nice discreet touch.

He actually went from a really warm expression with Walter to a more surprised one when ObserVision kicked in and then it receded really subtly into a not-quite-tunnel-vision stare. I was impressed by just how effective nothing but a look could be, and whatever Jackson did with his eyes, it worked really well.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

SamBishop posted:

He actually went from a really warm expression with Walter to a more surprised one when ObserVision kicked in and then it receded really subtly into a not-quite-tunnel-vision stare. I was impressed by just how effective nothing but a look could be, and whatever Jackson did with his eyes, it worked really well.
Definitely.

And I got a sense of shocked disbelief, I don't know about you guys

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Do you guys think the tech in his brain is going to enhance his mental faculties primarily? I'm not sure how he'd "turn into" an Observer just from a chip, but maybe it pales your skin and makes you lose your hair as a side-effect of increased adrenal response to blah blah blah blah

As cool as this thing with Peter is... I'm going to honestly be really sad if the end of the show isn't an extremely happy ending. After everything they've gone through, they deserve it. I want Peter and Olivia and Walter to just kick back on some porch somewhere. Maybe Walter's LSD hippie admirer milf friend could come too.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I was hoping that Nina would turn out to be "The Dove."

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Astroman posted:

Gene's in the amber in the lab. We've seen him.

Her. Pretty sure Gene is a her, what with the milking and all.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Astroman posted:

Gene's in the amber in the lab. We've seen him.

What episode? I've been deliberately looking but I haven't seen her.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tequila Ranger posted:

Her. Pretty sure Gene is a her, what with the milking and all.

Like Walter would never drink bull cum

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

boom boom boom posted:

Like Walter would never drink bull cum
Hey, it's not his fault it turned out to be a surprisingly effective milkshake thickener.

Also, don't ask him about his famous 'egg drop soup'. Just... don't.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

What episode? I've been deliberately looking but I haven't seen her.

It was a couple eps ago. Could have sworn somebody posted a cap ITT.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
So, is there an episode tonight?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Yes, there is a new episode tonight, but nothing next week.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lookit Peter go, manipulating the future!

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Fringe is getting closer and closer to the end. :ohdear:

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Breaking news on a shooting interrupted the opening for me.. all I saw was an observer looking like a dog trying to figure something out, and Peter calling Anil to say he's going to need his help.

Was there anything else I missed in the beginning?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It was pretty cool actually. Peter used his Observer vision to look into the future and watched an Observer cross the street and get asked into a car by another Observer. So he walked into the street and stopped the line of cars, so the Observer crossed the street instead and went on his merry way.

Dunno why he did this, but there we are.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

"special appearance by Blair Brown" in the opening credits.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Blank stare Peter is already getting annoying...

Regy Rusty posted:

It was pretty cool actually. Peter used his Observer vision to look into the future and watched an Observer cross the street and get asked into a car by another Observer. So he walked into the street and stopped the line of cars, so the Observer crossed the street instead and went on his merry way.

Dunno why he did this, but there we are.

Thanks!

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Walter. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011
FRINGE: "Fire up the laser, Agnes"

• Locked thread